Fedorov 'Questionable' for Tonight

Coach Bruce Boudreau said Sergei Fedorov (undisclosed illness) will be a game-time decision against Carolina. But if I had to guess about his status, I would guess the veteran center will not face the 'Canes tonight. At least that's the sense I got.

If Fedorov doesn't play, Keith Aucoin, the AHL's leading scorer, will suit up for the Caps for the first time since a three-game call up in December.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 14, 2009; 11:13 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Aucoin Recalled and Fedorov Returns
Next: Brashear out and Other Notes

Comments

Sorry to hear that Feds will probably be out again. We miss him -- especially on face-offs.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 14, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Does Aucoin have an NHL goal? Would love to see him get his first tonite. I'm going and fully expect a playoff atmosphhere/win. Go Caps

Posted by: ccape1 | March 14, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: opita1 | March 14, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

nice, i get to see aucoin, this is my last game of the regular season this year, and I'm sad to not see Feds or Brash but seeing Aucoin for the first time would be cool. either way. Ovie get 50 goals! and Caps win!

Posted by: capsfan387 | March 14, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

First thing I want to know is what is Nylander playing?

Posted by: opita1 | March 14, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Darn. my train of thought and my typing skills are out of whack today. Back to bed.

Posted by: opita1 | March 14, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Lets go Caps!! Its my birthday today and I am heading to the game, don't let me down tonight!!

Posted by: jdenice | March 14, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

@ccape1
Aucoin has 5 NHL goals, all scored when he played for the 'Canes last season.

Posted by: tess2201 | March 14, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Hoping for a great game tonight, can really lock up the division with a win in reg. I'll be somewhere in the 400's yelling tonight.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | March 14, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

OPITA1

I'm guessing Nylander is playing LEFT OUT.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | March 14, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

TEB

I have Marcus B here, and He says they will buy you a digital camara!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 14, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I would have kept Giroux up. Dude is getting nearly a goal a game in Hershey which is way more than Aucoin.

Posted by: jp142 | March 14, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

In the spirit of team unity, let's minimize the negative comments about the players unless you're actually one of the affected teammates and not some armchair player/Coach/Manager.

Yeah, that's directed at you. I'd be curious to see if you'd have the spine to say that to him directly. I highly doubt that comment made would not go unchallenged by either Nylander or his teammates. Here's hoping he does well tonight and if he doesn't, so be it. He's part of OUR team so quit knocking him.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 14, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse