Free Beer for Caps Fans

Figured it would be a disservice to the 21-plus crowd if I didn't relay this message from the Going Out Gurus:

Caps fans, if you're looking for a place to watch the big game tonight, we've got the perfect spot for you: Darlington House. Okay, so it's not right next to the Verizon Center, but check this out: Every time the Capitals score a goal, you get a free beer. No catch.
Darlington House first tried this in the lower-level Cantina pub during Game 7 of the series against the New York Rangers, and it went so well that Darlington House's managers tell me they're going to keep up the promotion as long as the Caps are in the playoffs. As if we needed for more reasons to cheer for Ovie to score.
Get to Darlington House early, as capacity is limited -- and so are the number of seats with views of the flat-screen TVs behind the bar.

If you're not going to Verizon Center or a sports bar but watching at home, Katie Carrera will be back to do a live chat at 7 p.m. If you're out and want exclusive updates, analysis and a live game summary, head on over to twp.com/sports from your mobile phone and click on "Caps Playoff Central." It's not beer, but it is free. We try.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  May 4, 2009; 4:51 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wilbon: Why Violence Is Accepted in Hockey
Next: Boudreau on Erskine: 'I Doubt It'

Comments

I think Tarik should host the chat tonight. But I bet he's probably really busy and doesn't have time to chat with us. :/

Posted by: rachel216 | May 4, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Rachel, you are correct. No time to chat.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | May 4, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I wish they would do that at Verizon Center.

Posted by: SA-Town | May 4, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Maybe I would understand what Wilbon was trying to say if I gave a damn about basketball. At the same time, I don't care about what the color of the skin is of the guys fighting. Fighting is something I like to see, and I enjoy it, in the context of Hockey, or even MMA. Does Wilbon honestly think that because it's a predominantly racial issue? What about a nationalist issue? Canadians are the prime supporters of hockey, not Americans. 65 years of hockey pugilism, he points to, and only 35 of them have happened here in DC. I don't think it's a valid argument.

Posted by: Whitermage | May 4, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Maybe you should do it Lindsay. Not trying to be mean but it seems like everytime Katie does it, we lose! :'(

Posted by: rachel216 | May 4, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

That's a much more important story than Wilbon's racism.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | May 4, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

PENGUINS SUCK!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | May 4, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Ha! I think they won a few with Katie chatting!

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | May 4, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I *heart* Darlington House.

Posted by: 4-12 | May 4, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Since Tarik is the "beat writer" for the post, should we be afraid of him?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | May 4, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Title of tomorrow's Wilbon Article: Hockey is racist because it gives free beer to a fan base that is primarily white

Posted by: BondraMan | May 4, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Full Disclosure: I *heart* free beer, not Darlington House.
Of course, this brings up the old "if A=B and B=C, does A=C" connundrum.

Posted by: 4-12 | May 4, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

...And that would be math. On a hockey blog. For which I deserve to be pummeled by Brashear. To recap:

Free beer rulz
4-12 droolz*

*[With appropriate nod to RI's chRIs lArry]

Posted by: 4-12 | May 4, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Hope everyone who shows up gets drunk tonight.

Posted by: bucknelldad | May 4, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

It is time for Nicklas Beerstrom.
SKOUL!