Friday Morning Update (Update)

There's another large crowd at Kettler Capitals Iceplex today as the only Capital not on the ice is Sergei Fedorov (ankle). Tom Poti (groin) was out on the ice early with Brian Pothier but went off when the rest of the team came on. There are four full sets of lines skating here's what the combinations look like.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kozlov
Semin-Laich-Fleischmann
Giroux-Nylander-Clark
Bourque-Steckel-Fehr
Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Schultz-Green
Alzner-Jurcina
Morrisonn-Collins
Erskine-Pothier

More to come in a bit.

Update: *Just got off the phone with Lightning PR director Jay Preble who said Jamie Heward has been released from Sibley Memorial Hospital with a concussion and is on his way back to Tampa Bay. He is expected to land in Florida this afternoon.

By Katie Carrera  |  January 2, 2009; 11:10 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List
Next: Full House at Kettler

Comments

Five sets of forwards goint? Holy moly! I like the looks of those lines but Semin isn't ready, right? I love that fifth line...energy.

Posted by: saintex | January 2, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Can we start two NHL teams?

mauree and kitty... I responded on the last thread.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

heres hoping Semin and Brashie are ready to go against the Rangers and Flyers.

Posted by: doughless | January 2, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I like the looks of those lines but Semin isn't ready, right?

Posted by: saintex | January 2, 2009 11:13 AM
-------------------------------------------
BB estimated he'd be ready in the next week, which MIGHT mean for the Philly game.

Posted by: Section117 | January 2, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Is Semin participating fully?

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | January 2, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

This is what I feared most about the injuries...

...who do you sit and who do you play!?!?

The Bourque-Steckel-Fehr line has been good, and you have to put Semin and Fleischmann into the line-up if healthy, and you don't want to break up that energy line with Brashear and Bradley.

So who goes down?? Gets scratched??

Posted by: dcox50 | January 2, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Hmmmmmmm... a full house indeed. Although I have to admit to cringing when I saw Erskine was paired up. Maybe he's going to be this year's Flash. We're going to moan and groan and fuss about his contract this season, then he'll come out and actually prove us wrong next season. A girl can hope, right?
Good to hear Semin is back out with the guys, but I really hope he's 110% before he decides to actually play. All those guys on ice, maybe the injury bug is leaving?? *crosses fingers*

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I a surprised they are all practicing today. BB must be getting them up for the Ranger game. Rangers will want revenge. Good for BB - getting everyone out there. 2 big games coming up.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

@828

nah come on... a player can be dirty but not aim at heads. You have names in mind?

I'm not sure if/how OVI could have avoided the hit... that will probably be the deciding factor for NHL officials. And yeah, this boards can be a bit biased at times but that's understandable :)

Posted by: mauree | January 2, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

@jmu_capsgirl: All those guys on ice, maybe the injury bug is leaving?? *crosses fingers*

Love you dear, but SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE :D Don't give it any ideas!

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure if/how OVI could have avoided the hit...
Posted by: mauree | January 2, 2009 11:27 AM
And if Alex had tried to avoid it, he could have injured himself. His torso is probably looser than mine, but I hurt my back a few years ago contorting to avoid nearly killing myself. Selfish and pseudo-mean, yes, but if its a "one or the other" situation, I'd rather Ovie not get hurt.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

@828: I think we do agree mosetly. There's always a few idiots, but I've found the majority of this board to be reasonable human beings even when things don't go our way.

That said ... honestly? I'd hold Semin out of the game against the Flyers and bring him back vs. Boston or Edmonton. The Flyers WILL run him, mark me, and the last thing we need is him out for more time.

I guess it'd be really awful of me to call that last D pairing the concussion line.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Love you dear, but SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE :D Don't give it any ideas!

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 11:28 AM

Yes, ma'am! *jumps to attention and salutes* My lips are zipped!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Good news about Heward. Hopefully he's able to continue playing safely soon.

Let's hope Tom Poti's groin and Semin's entire body have a great and prosperous new year.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I couldn't watch the game yesterday after the first goal... how did Schultz and Collins played? I'm wondering what will happen when Poti comes back.

Posted by: mauree | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Cote - he can be a head hunter as he is very dirty.
Pronger - not so much any more after all of his suspensions.

It's tough. Pronger is so big... when he hits someone, his shoulder could be at their head. Ahh, it's all subjective... I do believe their are dirty players out there. They may not want to end someone's career, but they would be happy about taking them out of the game. Look at the guy that was on the Pens - Ruutu. Or Bertuzi and his hit that broke that guys neck a few years ago. Maybe those were not intentional like - "I am going to break his neck", however, they seemed like they were meant to injure. Just my thoughts...

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

kittypawz, you typed it, but I was thinking it. :P

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

When was the last time we had a healthy scratch? If Semin, Brashear and Flash are ready who sits (or sent down) I wouldn't be surprised to see Giroux and Bourque be sent down, but I really like the way Bourque has been playing. I wonder if Fehr would be a scratch.

Posted by: tomdchancar | January 2, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Also, Tarik's update. Great news and thanks for sharing.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I picked up Niittymaki in the fantasy league, so hopefully the Flyers will start him against the Caps since my goalies always let in a hundred thousand goals, or get injured, or get injured while allowing a hundred thousand goals.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

It's Katie's update but yeah, great news indeed.

Posted by: mauree | January 2, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Fehr was beat up last night - he left for the locker room in the 2nd, but came out to the ice just to block a slap shot and then came crawling back off the ice again.

Maybe Fehr does get the healthy scratch.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

jordan, I have Conklin if you are interested!

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 11:34 AM

haha. word!
good to hear the jamie is doing well!

Posted by: coatesolivia87 | January 2, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

_828, No! Jordan's goalies are likely to catch mad-cow or get run over by a bicycle on their way to the game or something. He's got like a "goalie curse" or something.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

828,

I might be. I'll make an offer tomorrow if my current one is rejected (probably will be).

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kozlov
Semin-Laich-Clark
Fleischman-Steckel-Fehr
Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Giroux and Bourque get sent down, Nylander a scratch.

Schultz-Green
Alzner-Jurcina
Morrison-Pothier/Erskine (Depending on health)

Collins get sent down.

Any thoughts??

Big thing to remember - SALARY CAP!

Any thoughts??

Posted by: dcox50 | January 2, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

jmu, that's fine... what he does with his goalies is his own fault. I just want a better player on my team - like Alfredson or something!

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Flash and Semin aren't expected back until next week, it will probably just be Brashear back and Giroux sent down.

Fehr - Steckel - Bourque look good, but Tampa's top line got the better of them quite a few times last night.

Posted by: stormblue | January 2, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

How about Kopi?

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

jmu_capsgirl: What, the D-pairing comment? Awful, isn't it? You feel so bad thinking it, and yet ....

I think that this period is a great opportunity for our front office and coaching staff, and it couldn't have come at a better time. With that list of people, some of whom are still getting healthy (I doubt if Flash, Erskine, or Semin are up to full strength yet and we know Poti's not), BB and GMGM have a whole smorgasbord of options to consider at exactly the time they need to be thinking about them. I'd bet that they're laying the whole thing out and deciding what they want to look like for the playoffs. The injury bug has done us a huge favor - we've gotten to see a blue ton of good stuff and gotten a pile of solid options to consider. (And how many NHL clubs have had four 1st NHL goals this season?)

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, but Bertuzi had every intention of hurting him. He never should have been left back in the league, and his "serving" a 1 year's suspension while there was a lock-out is bogus to the max.

He'll be taken to the cleaners by Moore - or should be.

----------------

On another topic, in the last post Wendel2 wrote to _828 about the NFL not having head shots. Had to laugh at that. Every play from scrimage is headshots. Many of the NFL players play with "headaches".

One thing the NHL should do is look at the design of the headgear. It hasn't changed since 1880.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 2, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

The hit looked unavoidable to me. Ovechkin was going for the puck, not for Heward, but Heward had his head down. Ovi's shoulder rolled into Heward's head. It wasn't an "elbowing," or a "check from behind," or anything like that.

As for bad hits:

* Pronger's hit on Green. Legal hit, but Green got hurt because he lost his balance.

* Semin being cross-checked. NOT a legal hit, but the NHL did nothing.

* The hit on Pothier. Legal hit, but Pothier got hurt because his head was down.

The bottom line is that people get hurt in hockey. Ovechkin is not a small man (but he's not as big as Pronger is). It's not easy to stop momentum on ice. And anyone who is upset enough after a win to sit outside the other team's locker room wearing nothing but a towel (according to Sports Illustrated) waiting for news on the guy he hit is probably punishing himself more than the NHL ever could.

Posted by: irockthered | January 2, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

As for bad hits:

* Semin being cross-checked. NOT a legal hit, but the NHL did nothing.

Posted by: irockthered | January 2, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

i don't think the nhl can regulate checks.
if Zdeno Chara (6'9) were to check Chris Bourque (5'8) - it would look like shoulder/elbow to head every time. just like the nfl - each instance of an allegded 'dirty' hit would need to be reviewed by the league.
if too much physical play is removed from hockey - there are a lot of fans that will lose interest. i say - if a player feels like he is at risk - let him wear a football helmet. injuries will happen in every sport. the only time any action by the league would be required is when someone intentionally injures another player.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 2, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

jordan, will send you an offer.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg S. | January 2, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

_828, Just saying, in the interest of Caps fans, let Jordan keep the goalies we will be playing against or have had problems with. :D

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

@_828 - Ruutu is a rat. So is David Backes. He's the guy who cross-checked Semin on the 17th of December. If you look at these guys' rap sheets (list of penalties), you find a lot of hard penalties.

Our guys specialize in restraining penalties. We play a clean game of hockey, for the most part.

@Greg S. - Re: headgear - yeah. I can see a redesign... those are just skull caps like you see on Harley riders, and many players have them on, but not tied down well. You see helmets flying off all over the place.

Posted by: irockthered | January 2, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

jmu, You should see his goalies - they stink... it's not that he has them, it's they stink! They smell like beef and cheese.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

jordan - also, Nabby for Zetty?

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

_828, I know! He tells me all excited he picked up a new goalie, then a day later, they end up on the IR or get lit up and he has to get a new one. And Nittymaki isn't that bad, just a Flyer.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Looking Ahead: Real Good News (update)

The last 21 games of the season the Caps schedule includes:

13 games against division foe
4 against Atlanta
3 against Tampa
3 against Florida
3 against carolina (2 at home)

2 games against the Maple Leafs

1 against the Bruins (A)
1 against the Penguins (H)
1 against the Flyers (A)
1 against the Predators (A)
1 against the Sabers (H)
1 against the Islanders (A)

Looking good for the stretch run...

GMGM and Coach need to encourage ample time off for our injured to get healthy. No need to rush Feds and Semin back.

Posted by: windjammersouth | January 2, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Counter-offering.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

@kittypawz
I've heard of a short ton, 2000 pounds, a long ton, 2240 pounds and a metric ton
2204 pounds. How many pounds is a blue ton??

Posted by: billd2 | January 2, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

You know, I would really be interested in someone posting what the final 21 games of the Caps schedule looks like. I haven't seen anything like that on here recently.

Posted by: Jeff_ | January 2, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

If Erskine comes back healthy, does Alzner need to be sent down?

What happens if Pothier is ready to come back? Caps signed some guys under the assumption that he'd be out all season.

Posted by: Hatfield223 | January 2, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

@billd2 - it's the same weight as a metric a$$ton. ;-)

Posted by: irockthered | January 2, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

@ Hatfield

Trades happen.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Jeff_, XD I was about to write, "Nobody say it."

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 2, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

jordan, that's a tough one...

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I can throw in Backes.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I went to the CBJ @ Ducks game on New Years Eve. This game made me realize how lucky we are to

1) watching history being made with OVI, one of the greatest players in the game.

Sometimes we take it for granted, but OVI is a force of nature - an amazing scoring and hitting machine. What a treat for us :)

2) cheering for a team with so much talent on it

Other teams can be exciting to watch at times... but the Caps are exciting ALL the times. Semin, Flash, Green, Fed, Backstrom, Alzner and everybody else... wow :) I'm still amazed at our boys moves/passes.

3) cheering for a "good guys" team that can be so inspiring

That makes it even better, knowing that good guys can dominate and win.

Now, let's kick some Rangers butts again :D

Posted by: mauree | January 2, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Jeff_

Cracked me up dude

Posted by: Fro_ | January 2, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Figured I'd share my post on Puck Daddy regarding the Ovie hit on Heward:

As soon as the hit happened I knew there would be people crawling out of every hole trying to paint Ovie as a head hunter and a dirty player (especially Pittsburgh fans who seem to forget that hitting is part of the game sometimes). There was nothing dirty about the play. It was just an unfortunate accident in a contact sport. The only reason Heward sustained a concussion is because he turned and lowered his head at the very last moment. It was impossible physically for Ovechkin to alter anything at that point. I wish Heward a speedy recovery and wholeheartedly agree with Puck Daddy. No further punishment is necessary here. However, I'm sure that lots of idiots will use this as a good excuse to jump on Ovie. It was just a hockey play. In fact, I'm surprised that more people don't end up in the hospital the way Alex hits. Due to his incredible combination of speed, size, strength, balance and awareness / hockey intelligence he's the best hitter in the game, bar none.

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

But I lose so much while you gain so much. Any guy besides Hossa?

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

A few other quick notes about all the great hockey recently (involving the Caps and not).

1. Was a heck of a fun game to watch vs. Tampa who just refused to go away despite 2 major snafus, both after Mike Smith tried to help out his D.

2. Collins, whom I like very much, was responsible for 1 of Vinny's goals as he got bumped off the puck behind the net by the tiny St.Louis. However, congrats on his first NHL goal.

3. The Winter Classic was the best one yet. The ice was by far the best of any they've tried before and it allowed for a great, high scoring game to happen. The NHL must be very pleased. They even got a candidate for goal of the season out of that one on a coast to coast rush by the great Pavel Datsyuk (who should be promoted a lot more by the NHL).

4. The USA vs. Canada World Junior Championship game was an absolute war. Nastier than any NHL game I've seen this year and an absolute treat to watch. If some of you would like to check it out it's available for on demand viewing for free here: http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

5. Having watched every Russia game in the WJC I'm impressed with our prospect Kugryshev despite his slight lack of production. A very quick and shifty player. Speaking of our prospects, Canada's Della Rovere has been an absolute goon.

6. Not that this is gonna happen, but I wonder what would Tampa take for Artyukhin. Would be a great replacement for Brash at some point. Other than the fact that he can fight he's an amazing skater for a guy that size (or for any guy really) and has an offensive upside.

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I took another look at the hit. Did you notice that AO taps him on the hand with his stick.

Heyward had to feel that. AO was telling him that he's right there, yet Heyward ducked and turned into the hit.

Damned unfortunate accident, and I'm really glad to see that he'll be relatively OK.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 2, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Hmm. Okay, just resubmit the original Conk/Hossa for Zetterberg deal.. if you wanted to throw in Bourque instead of Antro, I'll send you Backes. Up to you.

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

two options - Zetteberg for Nabokov (your first pick and that's my first pick).

Or, the option that you just wrote. I can do Bourque - I see you have a lot of centers. I will send both options. You decide.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

jmu_capsgirl: XD I know, right? We're so afraid to say certain things on here now. It's kind of sad and funny at the same time.

billd2: A lot :)

Hatfield: What _jordan said. Also, I still wouldn't be so sure that Pothier is going to be ready this season - I don't think they've tried full contact with him yet. Yes, he's progressing amazingly, but he's not out of the woods yet and will be the first to tell you so. Not only that, but when they do, I wouldn't be surprised if BB sends him down to Hershey for a bit for him to get his legs and conditioning back. And, assuming all goes well and he is perfectly and 100% healthy and ready to play in the NHL, he and his family have a big decision to make. This was a huge scare for all of them, and this is not Pothier's first concussion. He's said many times that he wants to be healthy to play with his kids, and that is his first priority. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang up the skates and go into coaching, for example.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh, forgot one more thing. Even before Bourque got recalled and scored his 1st NHL goal I was gonna post that I'd like to see him given a good run of games with the Caps on a scoring line. Really like what I've seen from the line he's on now, but it will be really tough to keep him once our regulars get healthy. Sorry to say it, but we might have to think about trading him. The kid deserves to play in the NHL and since he's a smallish, skilled player he's a top 6 forward and we just don't have the room for him, it seems.

Very excited about all the great options we have now. And btw, check out the standings. Not too shabby for a team that has been absolutely ravaged by injuries this year. Boudreau is an unbelievable coach!

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

ranndino: re:(especially Pittsburgh fans who seem to forget that hitting is part of the game sometimes).

I guess pgh has to forget hitting now that they are w/o laraque, ruutu, & malone, among others.

Posted by: uncatim | January 2, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Alright! It's done pending approval!

Now watch Nabokov's arms fall off in the next game or something..

Posted by: _jordan | January 2, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Haha, I think this is the first trade of the league... pretty exciting stuff!

First pick vs First pick... basic and yet fair. Good luck... I just checked if you were in my division and you are not - good things!

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

We can put an injury clause in there... if one of them goes on IR, we trade back. I am cool with that. Given your history with your goal tenders.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

heck, given the history of my LWs... Semin and Higgins are both on my IR and have only played 21 games each.

Posted by: _828 | January 2, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

The fact that Jamie Heward is flying to Tampa is a very good sign regarding his condition. I remember when Brent Sutter's son who plays for Carolina, had a concussion in a game with the Islanders earlier this year, he was not cleared to fly back but had to take a train. So the fact that Jamie is flying is very good news!

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | January 2, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Sloan was sent back to Hershey today.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 2, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

@DevilsCapsGal: I was thinking that but didn't want to say it in case I was wrong about flying and concussions. If he's cleared to fly, then that's something.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

kittypawz

When did incorrect information EVER stop anyone from posting here?

Posted by: Greg S. | January 2, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

@Greg S: The last time I got totally punked for doing so? :) I deserved to be corrected, and will fact-check myself in the future, but sheesh.

New thread, BTW.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 2, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Off topic, but was wondering since last night - what is the reason for the "whoop, whoop" noise each time Eminger touched the puck (at least on the 105/106/107 end of the ice)? Thanks!

Posted by: comment3 | January 2, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

@comment3 - I think that was a holdover from when Eminger was a Cap. :-)

Much better, IMO, than Philthadelphia booing Ovechkin every time HE touched the puck!

Posted by: irockthered | January 2, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

@ irockthered - I knew he was a former Cap, however, what does the "whoop whoop" refer to? Was there an event that started it? Something about his name? Was the "whoop whoop" a term of endearment from his Cap days and fans still like him?

I agree with not booing a player, especially Ovechkin. Even if you don't like the Caps and/or are a fanatic for your own team, you have to respect the beauty of natural talent mixed with hard work, determination, and great attitude. Ov is a joy to watch.

Posted by: comment3 | January 2, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Is Pothier really close to playing? If so he must've made tremendous progress recently because just a few weeks ago he was pretty much written off for this season, if not in terms of continuing his career.

And now... WJC quartefinal. Russia vs. Czech Rep live on NHL Network. Hoping Russia will get its crap together after a shalacking they suffered in their last round robin game at the hands of Sweden. Speaking of Sweden, their goalie Markstrom is the next great NHL goalie (6"4 + great positioning = nothing to shoot at). Mark my words.

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

My B. The quarterfinal that starts now is USA vs. Slovakia. Russia vs. the Czechs is at 7:30.

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

ranndino

It's huge that Pothier is practicing with the team now, but kittypawz makes some good points.

I'm just completely out of the loop as far as the cap issues are concerned at this point. I thought that having Schultz and Clark on LTIR was what allowed the Caps to call up Alzner, but now that they're back I'm not sure what he's still doing in DC. I certainly hope he stays.

Posted by: Hatfield223 | January 2, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Correction again. It was not my B. The IIHF changed the schedule switching the 2 quarterfinals around today.

BTW, this USA - Slovakia game is a lot more interesting that anyone might have expected so far (don't wanna spoil in case you're recording it).

Posted by: ranndino | January 2, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse