Posted at 12:35 PM ET, 12/16/2010

Here's what the Internet is saying about HBO's '24/7' Caps and Penguins series

By Lindsay Applebaum

Based on the text of reviews and recaps of HBO's "24/7" special on the Caps and Penguins, here's a very unscientific look at what people are talking about:

"Bleeping" and "Boudreau" win out. Stay tuned for reactions from the players and coaches, coming soon.

For some of the many reviews and recaps, check out SBNation, Bog, National Post, Puck Daddy, Pensblog, Japers' Rink, Tribune-Review and FanHouse.

By Lindsay Applebaum  | December 16, 2010; 12:35 PM ET
Categories:  HBO 24/7
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Alexander Semin not out for Caps' practice
Next: HBO's '24/7' lets the Capitals see themselves from another perspective

Comments

WTF?

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 16, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | December 16, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

solid journalism

Posted by: c_majors | December 16, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

@ SAOTI

That's what he said, right ? :)

Posted by: bqts | December 16, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Sorry? Relax, people.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | December 16, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Is this what is called an up date ?

There's a morning skate going on and some people are at K.I.C. while the rest of us are at work waiting for some news and we get this. I would pull my hair out but my head in shaved.

Posted by: bqts | December 16, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

i did not know that hockey coaches talk this way. every word is predicated with "F" word. i felt like i wanted to cry while watching 24/7 last night. it was so frustrating to see caps team, my team struggling that way. i really hope that they practice well and do well and get a win. OH GOD PLEASE HELP MY TEAM WIN, PLEASE. THEY'VE HAD ENOUGH, PLEASE HELP THEM WIN.

Posted by: capsfan2007 | December 16, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

i don't understand what is wrong with this post?

Posted by: _stevo | December 16, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I could only watch until the Rangers segment...then I had to turn it off...couldn't live through that again. Just like I still can't watch any of the Montreal series.

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Not having HBO, I managed to find BB's locker room rant video. Anybody know where to hear Evansons? Just curious.

Posted by: kcbrichmond | December 16, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

These are tense times, fans are not happy:

- Our team is sucking, no end point in sight.
- This is a low point in the Ted/GMGM/BB era and it comes as the media/fans have unprecedented access to our team (and the NHL in general).

...and if that isnt bad enough

- every game we get that TWITTER CRAP shoved down our throats.

Solution:

- win "da right way"
- bring back "da old chat"

...then all we have to worry about is that crazy GMGM hating fellow...

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | December 16, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

There were times where I just wanted to fast forward through the segments on the Penguins and just watch the Caps' segments. Of course, those segments were just as painful as watching the Penguins enjoying their victories. I'm glad we do get to see that Boudreau isn't just giving them "the sun will come out tomorrow" speeches. Glad he's on them like many of you posters are inclined to think doesn't happen. It does and boy, I'm glad I'm not in that room. Lots more respect for Boudreau and Evason for their f-bomb speeches. C'mon, Caps!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | December 16, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

So I was reading Teds Take and he said someone mentioned that a couple years ago a team lost all 11 games in February and then won the Cup...which team was this?

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Article excerpt from hockeybuzz

"There is no secret the Caps are trying to play a more solid defensive game, but the entire team's confidence is shot because they simply aren't getting the goaltending needed to be confident enough to take offensive chances. And so the Caps are left playing away from their strengths."

While the goaltending has not been fantastic, I don't think there is a real "problem" there...I do think that watching yesterdays game that there is a confidence problem in trusting the goaltender. But that is something that 1 or 2 good games should fix...we just that 1 or two good games.

Who thinks Nuevy gets the start tomorrow?

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

i'll admit, i did FF thru most of the pens stuff, i just didn't want to see it. there certainly was a different approach between the two coaches, but also both coaches were going thru completely different situations.

it was sad watching the guys feel sorry for themselves. i hate watching my team look like that.

but what shocked me was there was very little talking between the players trying to pick each other up, especially from our leaders.

i'm certainly glad we decided to give matt hendricks a chance, so far he's won the "hard hat" from me for the entire season. he's the only one who really answered the bell after the being challenged, actually begged to show some life and some heart by dean evenson (sp?).

it's just hard when your mindset is more focused on "how not to lose" than "how to win."

i sure hope they find a way as a TEAM.

Posted by: natresgroup | December 16, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

i think the leafs lost 10 straight in 1967, then won it all

but that doesnt answer ur question

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | December 16, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one that has a problem with the Capstronaut ?????

Anyone have any ideas on the removal of this metally challanged life form.

Posted by: bqts | December 16, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

@LeftCoastCapsFan

Bwahahaha...that is some great cool-aid Buddy. Yeah, I'm sure that imbecile, inarticulated rant will motivate 21year old multi-millionaire professional athletes... oh wait, we did see the outcome of his rant, indifference, 4 more goals... Try again.

Posted by: atybat | December 16, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

@capscoach

When Detroit won the SC in 2008 they lost 10 of their last 11 games in February.

Posted by: sgm3 | December 16, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

i sure hope they find a way as a TEAM.

Posted by: natresgroup

well said!

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Who knows a good motivational speaker we can hire for the team?

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Fascinating TV, but I came away from that episode losing some confidence in BB. It just highlighted how poor he is at communicating, imo. How do you articulate your point or motivate your team when every other word is a swear word that interrupts what you're trying to say? Sure, swear to emphasize, but it should be used as seasoning, not the main course. There's no cohesiveness or direction to BB's messaging - it's all just a mindless stream of frustration.

You don't think the players are frustrated enough without their coach adding to it? I'm hope that he's not always like this, but the fact that he can't keep his composure and take some of the pressure off his team when they need it most is depressing.

Posted by: ngu327 | December 16, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

For once, I'm glad I don't have HBO any more.

@bqts: I hadn't seen that stupid "capstronaut" this season till last night on T.V. I thought he had finally gone away. Disappointing that he's still around.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | December 16, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

@capscoach - Alec Baldwin's free, now that 30 Rock is done taping...

Posted by: reddog278 | December 16, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Who knows a good motivational speaker we can hire for the team?

Posted by: capscoach | December 16, 2010 1:37 PM

Too bad Matt Foley isn't around.

Posted by: Fro_2 | December 17, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse