Posted at 9:56 AM ET, 02/ 1/2011

Capitals recall Jay Beagle

By Katie Carrera

The Capitals have recalled forward Jay Beagle from the AHL's Hershey Bears. We'll have to wait and see which players will or won't be in the mix tonight against Montreal.

Eric Fehr and Tom Poti were skating with strength and conditioning coach Mark Nemish prior to the rest of the team and Alexander Semin also went out early but has remained on the ice with the group.

More to come.

By Katie Carrera  | February 1, 2011; 9:56 AM ET
Categories:  Jay Beagle
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Five questions facing the Capitals
Next: Boudreau: Semin a game-time decision against Montreal

Comments

Assume this means no Semin. Bummer. I miss the ol' Alex Semin hat trick: A goal, an assist and an offensive zone penalty.

Posted by: seth_malaguerra | February 1, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: seth_malaguerra | February 1, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS2 | February 1, 2011 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: seth_malaguerra

It may mean no Laich if his flight doesn't get in.

Posted by: sgm3 | February 1, 2011 10:44 AM | Report abuse

At least I can do my Triple B (Beagle Bay Bark) tonight whenever Snoopy touches the puck...yay. arooo arooo aroooooo

Really hope Semin isnt a scratch. We need him back asap.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | February 1, 2011 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Semin is out. He put in extra work with DJ King after practice. Varly gets the start.

Posted by: ThePat | February 1, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ThePat

Crap. I was looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

Posted by: sgm3 | February 1, 2011 11:00 AM | Report abuse

"I would love to see the Caps who played the Leafs tonight; I can do without the team that played Atlanta. Not horrible, but made a mediocre to good goalie look incredible (again)."

It IS the same Caps. Except one played Toronto and the other played Atlanta.

Sometimes, people talk on here as if it is only the Caps who are trying to win every night. If the Caps play great against the Islanders or Leafs and fail miserably against the Canucks or someone, it's always the fault of the Caps. Credit is never given to the teams that outplay the Caps... the teams that are ALSO trying to play a full 60 minute game.

Posted by: sabredc | February 1, 2011 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Great, another 2-1 game with Beagle wasting a spot in the lineup.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | February 1, 2011 11:23 AM | Report abuse

@sabredc,

I agree with your statement except the alienation of Caps fans. Fans of all teams do it too.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | February 1, 2011 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I was one who really thought the Caps would take off with Semin out of the lineup.

HOWEVER, I am anxious to see if maybe his "injury" was making him into a liability. I hope he is in the lineup and proves me wrong (that the caps are better without him).

On another note, I think the Pearrault thingie is over. I would put Beagle in his place.

Posted by: SoaringCaps | February 1, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I would trade both Matty P and Beagle if we could get something for them. They have showed me no staying power at all.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | February 1, 2011 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Beagle is a better all around player than MP. Give Beagle a chance. In my opinion he will get better.

Posted by: pkme | February 1, 2011 11:54 AM | Report abuse

CTCapsPhan,

Not sure what games you have been watching but Beagle has been one of the best forwards on the team lately IMO especially defensive forward.

I agree completely with you on MP though and don't really care if they get anything other than a used bag of pucks for him.

Posted by: PhilR | February 1, 2011 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I like Beagle at wing, not at center.

Posted by: sgm3 | February 1, 2011 12:05 PM | Report abuse

The Semin hat trick: a wrist shot off the goalie's mask, a great block of a stick shaft using his jaw, a run of paradiddles on the bongos...

about the "Gordie Howe hat trick": I'd be surprised if Mr. Howe (being a sensible and elegant player of the game) had more than one fight in fifty games, and I'm sure if he did have one it was in anger and frustration. I doubt if he enjoyed them and didn't think that, when they happened, something had gone wrong.

Posted by: RedLitYogi | February 1, 2011 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I have seen a team that is not scoring goals and Beagle is a part of that team. His strength is supposed to be going to the net, but yet he has 1 goal. My measurement is in results and he has not shown me the results needed to stay up here.

It is time to stop saying how much promise a player has. It is time for results. He showed me he can't produce at this time in his career.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | February 1, 2011 12:32 PM | Report abuse