Johnson Okay To Backup

Brent Johnson didn't practice today, but the goalie said he'll be available to backup tomorrow night against the Martin Brodeur-less New Jersey Devils. So there won't be a call-up.

"It's not bad," Johnson said. "You never want to do that Jose, but you don't want to stay out there and hurt the team if you can't go 100-percent. It takes a lot to get me out of the net."

If Johnson feels 100-percent tomorrow, it's possible that he'll start on Saturday in New Jersey.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 13, 2008; 12:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morrisonn Returns; No Fedorov Or Johnson
Next: Morrisonn Will Be a Game-Time Decision

Comments

Sounds good, but since it's a back to back game, will Johnny play staurday?

Posted by: Leeguru | November 13, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Good to hear. Time for Jose to keep up the good work tomorrow.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 13, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Let's look at winning %:

.667 Caps
.464 Philly

I'm just sayin'

Posted by: Steve_R | November 13, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

kittypawz, from the last post:

My biggest pet peeve is people stopping in the middle of the concourse. If I need to go to the bathroom or go get a beer, people just stand there like it's a standing area... move to the sides people!

But yeah, I hate when people take a long time to sit down. Then, when you say something to them, they think you are the one being rude.

Posted by: _828 | November 13, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Steve R,

You know those numbers don't mean anything to the Dungeen of Doom... you have to print it out like this:

Caps - g o o d (cheer)
Philly - b a d (throw snow balls at)

Posted by: _828 | November 13, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I get annoyed when people near me who are drunker than me try to get chants started.. and don't stop when nobody joins in.

And when people taunt the other teams' goalies when the game is still relatively close, that irks me. It's not cool in most situations, but it's just really stupid when the game is still up for grabs.

Posted by: _jordan | November 13, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

828,

I hate the leaners. I've seen new people in the seats directly in front of me each game & they have all been leaners.

Posted by: Steve_R | November 13, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Oh yea, the people who spend the whole game yelling for a fight piss me off too.

Posted by: Steve_R | November 13, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

@steve_R

Bring a fly swatter to the game. Anyone that leans gets a good smack in the ear. That will stop them.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 13, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Oh man, the leaners! Two leaners will ruin the game for everyone else behind them in the section. Good pull there, Steve.

Posted by: _jordan | November 13, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Responding about pet peeves:

People who, when not allowed to go to their seats as play is going on, stand right in the way. And don't move despite numerous people yelling "down in front!" And don't respond to "you! in the green!" but respond when you call out "hey nachos!". That was by far the most frustrating experience for me at this past Saturday's Ranger game. Nothing I hate more than people in the way when I'm trying to watch the game. Oh and people (specifically girls) who come to games and proceed to chat the entire time. I go to games to watch the sport - not to listen to some girls' social hour. It's a sporting event not a sorority people!

On topic - great to hear Johnny is feeling better! Now we just need to get Feds back out there.

Posted by: ShariLeigh131 | November 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Those are all good ones. What about that guy that wears that sombrero... man, that guy needs a new hat. You can't see behind him.

Posted by: _828 | November 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Another one is the people who constantly talk about hockey and yet it seems like they don't know anything about hockey. Similar to the girls chatting... just watch hockey...

Posted by: _828 | November 13, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Pet Peeve -

The guy in section 106 who feels he needs to provide commentary during the whole game, and he's definently not using his inside voice....lol

Posted by: thecapsfan79 | November 13, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Semin sucks
He is an overrated *****
He sucks last year, and everyone said he is a waste of money. Now everyone would like to kiss his ***
Capts will finish 7th and get kick out of playoff by Flyers once again
Washington : city of loosers
Posted by: PaulMorin88 | November 13, 2008 11:30 AM
Hey, perhaps you should change it to PaulMoron88. 88 is correct: must be your IQ.
Johnbear1, he actually was trying to spell that, but being from Filly, well, you get the rest.....
Posted by: Leeguru | November 13, 2008 12:32 PM
Leeguru: LOL, and I get the rest.........

Posted by: johnbear1 | November 13, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Pet Peeves:

I agree with all those mentioned so far, especially about those who take forever to sit in their seats, oblivious to the sight lines of the rest of us.

Also - how about those folks in the front row who feel it necessary to stand up to better see the action around the glass right in front of them? And who don't respond to the rest of the section yelling "down in front."!!!

And - the freeloaders who see some empty seats in the front row and decide to move down (often with their small children) and then argue with the usher when he/she asks to see their tickets and tells them they have to move back. Great lessons on honesty for the next generation.

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | November 13, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

My pet peeve is over the past ten years the seats at the Phone Booth have been shrinking. The last game i went to, I stood up to cheer a goal, and my drink almost spilled!

(for the Filly fans in the peanut gallery trying to read this, that was actually a joke. See, the seats haven't shrunk. My tooshie has gotten enourmous over the past few years.)

It's not as funny when I have to explain it

Posted by: Leeguru | November 13, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Pet Peeve,
The group of "twenty something" guys who only come to the game to see who can outdrink the other and be more obnoxious both in actions and language......I wish VC had a family section where I knew these idiots wouldn't be close to my kids!!

Posted by: PhilR | November 13, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

We need you at 100% Johnny so take it easy for a game or two if need be.

You'll be back in the net soon continuing your winning ways.

Posted by: caryh | November 13, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Pet Peeve:
Student Rush nights.

Someone here can have my tix for that night for the future ones coming up.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | November 13, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

its hard not to lean though... cuz the action is so fast and intense...i lean and i dont even realize it cuz im so into the game

Posted by: rachel216 | November 13, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

BJ was walking around Kettler today with no problem. (granted playing is much different than walking... but you know what I mean)

Posted by: Gustafsson | November 13, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Tarik....who was the goalie at the other end of the ice from Theodore at practice today?

Posted by: BartCrashley | November 13, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse