Johnson To Start; Kozlov Returns

After missing last game with an undisclosed injury, right wing Viktor Kozlov will be back in the lineup tonight, Coach Bruce Boudreau said after the morning skate at RBC Center.

Boudreau wouldn't say which forward will be forced out of the lineup, but Eric Fehr, who got his first goal of the season against Tampa Bay, stayed on the ice for some extra work, which usually indicates that he'll be out.

"Kozlov is in for sure, so somebody is going to have to sit," Boudreau said.

Boudreau also confirmed that Brent Johnson will make his fifth straight start. He'll oppose Michael Leighton, who is 4-1-0 with a 2.37 goals against average and .921 save percentage. It will be Leighton's second start in three games in place of No. 1 goalie Cam Ward, who's 4-4-2 with a 2.86 goals against and .910 save percentage.

"I hope it's not adrenaline; I hope it's pure talent that's [behind] this," Boudreau said of Johnson's recent run. "He's an extremely talented goalie and he's showing what he can do. Hopefully he doesn't drop off any time soon."

As for the Caps' lineup, it should look like this:

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin
Fleischmann-Nylander-Kozlov (Fehr)
Laich-Steckel-Clark
Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Defense
Schultz-Green
Poti-Sloan
Erskine-Jurcina

A couple of other notes and quotes from this morning:

*Boudreau doesn't always go on the ice for the morning skate. But he did for each of the three previous games - all wins - so he was back out there this morning.

"I'm superstitious," he said flatly.

*The 'Canes are expected to get back three players from injury tonight: center Matt Cullen (groin), center Brandon Sutter (concussion) and defenseman Joni Pitkanen (knee).

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 12, 2008; 12:07 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List
Next: Poll: Your Ideal Goal Total

Comments

can't a guy get a break? Leave Fehr in to build confidence eh?

Posted by: rh71 | November 12, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Clark should be sitting.

Posted by: jincargo | November 12, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Glad Johnny is getting the start and that Koz is back - I hope the other injuries clear up soon.

I bet tonight's game is gonna be wild. The Canes have learned to hate us and they will come up fighting. Hopefully the boys are prepared.

Any guesses as to tonight's score?

Posted by: Boo- | November 12, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Shame to sit Fehr, if that's what happens. Sit Clarkie again. Good for Johnson, getting another well-deserved start. While it's not the best scenario to sit your $4+ million starter, you can't argue against going with Johnny.

Posted by: alpca3877 | November 12, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

i'm sorry i don't think Fehr should sit out. I thought he brought energy working with Stecks and Brooks the other night, also got back real quick to help johnny clear out the crease. Koz and Clark make a lot of cake and produce their respective results, and Fehr sits?? I don't see it...... jmo

Posted by: sasha8 | November 12, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

prediction on the score is 3-1 caps, ovie with 2 goals, and i dont think brookbank wants anymore beatdowns from the donald, so no fights

Posted by: _stevo | November 12, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Been attending games, watching on TV... All sorts of stuff except finding the time to chat with everyone here. I have one major observation from this young season sofar:
BJ does not slam the ice with his stick when an opposing player is coming out of the penalty box.

It has burned us a bunch sofar this season and I wonder if BB has some other indicator that the guys on the ice need to be extra careful, or if BJ's just not paying attention.

At the games, all the way up in the cheap seats, I can hear when opposing goalies do it. I can't hear anything that I would discern as a "tell" to wake up the PP unit. Anyone have any comments on that? Tarik, can we get a response from BB regarding this odd phenomenon?

Posted by: FFSEnough | November 12, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Fehr being scratched after having one of his best games in the NHL is a travesty. I guess if you're captain it doesn't matter if you don't score, fumble away numerous passes that are right on your stick, and fail to provide a physical presence and win battles in the corners like you're supposed to.

Posted by: chombie13 | November 12, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Clark is absolutely worthless. He reminds me of Matt Pettinger. Play Fehr, sit Clark.

Posted by: VegasCapsFan | November 12, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

how do you reward fehr's efforts by benching him in favor of clark? clark should be sitting, even if he's the captain.

Posted by: chjunk147 | November 12, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Clark isn't ready for game-speed yet. He's non-existent on the ice and is always good for a slashing or hooking penalty the way he wildly uses his stick. Fehr on the other hand has been skating with confidence and making things happen. Shame if he sits. The utility of having Clark on this team is diminishing with each day. Ovie should be Captain, Laich should be one of the Assistants and we should consider shedding Clark's salary if he ever regains any kind of value...

my first post of the season as well.

Posted by: MTB7 | November 12, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

The fans have spoken Bruce. Not too late to change your mind and do the right thing.

Posted by: chombie13 | November 12, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Johnson is 3rd in the league with his .931 save % and 6th with GAA of 2.11. Good for him.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

This is the last year of his contract though, right? Goalies always seem to play better when it's their last year. Also, if it holds up true for Theo playing a better second half of the year... then, we could be in for some good hockey and some success for the Caps this season.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Yay for starting Johnny again. He deserves it...but please rest him at The Rock.

Posted by: caryh | November 12, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

alpca3877,

It could be worse - look at Chicago. Both goalies salaries total more than 11 mil.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

*sigh* I was afraid the benching Fehr was going to happen. Gabby, what is your problem with Fehr? He's accomplished more on the ice in two games than Clark has all season. Sheezus, give the man a break.

From a previous thread: I don't deny that Fedorov is a beast on the blueline. Never have. I just think he's not the type of D we need out there right now. He's a puck-mover, and we've got plenty of those. What we don't have is S@H roleplayers, and that's what Sloan does. The trouble with too many puck-movers is that they all try to join the rush and there's no defense there when it's needed. So yes, I favor putting Fedorov at center and keeping Sloan over putting Feds on the blueline, hence my comments about Fehr getting pushed out (which happened anyway -.-).

Posted by: kittypawz | November 12, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

It seems like some people would run this lineup as if it's NHL 08 on X-Box. There is a lineup, and chemistry that we hope to achieve...a master plan...Just because someone is playing well(ex.Fehr over Clark) doesnt mean you bench them. Would you bench Semin if he had 3 or 4 really bad games? I just think that it's not as easy as you think to just shuffle lines, and sit people because because they are off to a bad start. Coaches need to look for trends they dont expect to turn before they make drastic decisions.

The goalie situation is to go with the hot hand though...

Posted by: SA-Town | November 12, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

While Clark is not worthless, Fehr has earned his spot ahead of Clark for now

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | November 12, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Also, pepper kind of bears out what I've been seeing and saying about D.

Yeah, we've got way too many shots on net. That I think has again a lot to do with this team's focus on offense, where we're heaviest. Ever notice that our blocked shots total stinks most of the time? We're not forechecking aggressively enough and we're not blocking/deflecting very many shots - again, the latter is what a S@H Dman does, right?

Posted by: kittypawz | November 12, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

SIT CLARK NOT FEHR!!!

Oneal

Posted by: TheRealOneal | November 12, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

FFSEnough:

Your observation regarding Johnson & the penalty box is very interesting. I hope your valid concern can be relayed to the coaching staff. Now I am embarrassed that I hadn't noticed it.

Posted by: uncatim | November 12, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Last time I checked Bruce was the coach and knows what line-up he is going to put in. Fehr knows he is the"extra" forward. He is young, he will be fine. He will also get his chance. Its a long long season. We need Clark to get game time in (because he missed so much last season) and get back into form. If we start sitting him out, it will never happen. Fehr knows whats going on and he is fine with it He knows he is (if he is a scratch) not being sat out because he scored a goal and looked pretty good against Tampa.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | November 12, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I posted this on Japers' but feel compelled to resubmit it here with the Clark-Fehr fiasco, even though it was confirmed there that I am insane.

Am I crazy or is there a way we could trade for Kovalchuk? He is unhappy there, Atlanta doesn't want to pay him and he and Ovie get on well together. If Atlanta would take Kozlov, Morrisonn, and Clark we would be just about there salary-wsise. Atanta could then dump Kozlov and Morrisonn to free up some cap space at the end of the year and keep Clark.

It seems a so much better way to spend the cash plus Fehr would get the ice time he deserves.

I know the consensus is that we need a D man but BB's style is run and gun so we are always going to be in high scoring games no matter who's on D. And you can't have too many goal scorers. And then we would truly have two top lines no matter who Semin plays with.

Plus, Feds will likely not be back next year (at least not a $4 million) so we'll have that cap space to work with.

We could keep Sloan up (who is as good as Morrisonn IMO) and roll with the D we have now plus keep BJ as the number 1. Is that insane?

Alright-I'll stop now.

Posted by: ChrisAm | November 12, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

VOTE NOW ON BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT S0 FAR:

OV
CLARK
JOSE THEODORE
BACKSTROM
THE ICE AT VERIZON
GMGM
BB
MCAIN PALIN

Posted by: wendel2 | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

As most have said - Clark should sit and Fehr should be playing. Doesn't BB realize how much more productive EF has been than CK?

Posted by: MReilly9 | November 12, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Chris Am - so in essence, they trade Kovulchuk for Clark (after dumping Kozlov and Morrison)...and how does Atlanta dump the 2 players, don't they need to be traded or Atlanta still needs to pay them?

Smoking something....

Posted by: NJNJ | November 12, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I really do like Clark as a person. Truly I do. I hope he pulls his A game back out, because he IS the team's captain at this point. Unfortunately, he is also at a -2 on the season, and has only one assist all year.

Fehr is dead-even at a 0, with a goal, and he's played in only 6 games this season, to Clark's 13.

The numbers really are pointing towards benching Clark. :-(

Posted by: irockthered | November 12, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

He must be blind...

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Any one of Clark, Kozlov, or Bradley should sit in favor of Fehr. In five games, Fehr has as many goals, assists, and points as Kozlov has in nine. Clark and Bradley have one point each in 13 and 14 games, respectively. Every one of the aforementioned is a minus player thus far, versus Fehr's +2. On top of everything else, every game Fehr doesn't play is a development opportunity wasted. None of those three are going to be more than what they are.

Posted by: AngryNomad | November 12, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I love Clark but he has not seemed like the same player he once was. He was always more of a "dirty" goal kind of guy but I have seen him just flat out miss some cross ice passes when he was wide open. It might just be something he needs to play through but I think Fehr brings more to the table at this point. It's tough to sit the Captain, but I would like to see Fehr get more ice time and something has to give.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | November 12, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Alright-I'll stop now.

Posted by: ChrisAm | November 12, 2008 1:40 PM
-------------------------------------------
I'll play along.

So if that deal happened, and since Kovalchuk would be a UFA after '09-10 to go along with Backstrom and Semin being RFAs, what type of money keeps all three here (Kovalchuk makes a shade under $6.4m/year, Semin makes $4.6m and Backstrom makes $2.4m)?

Posted by: Section117 | November 12, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

@NJNJ

They have to pay someone 7.5 this year no matter what- whether it be Kovalchuk or a combination of players. Also, they are on the hook for Kovalchuk for another year at 7.5 per while Mo and Kozy are done after this year. When those salaries go away, that is more than $5 million savings for them next year, even with Clark's salary.

Atlanta is going to move Kovalchuk- of that there is no doubt- because his number is too big for them. So if they are unloading him for salary the only way it makes sense is for them to dump the salaries they got in return at the end of the year.

Not smoking anything but I will be if/when he is traded to some team that takes us out.

Posted by: ChrisAm | November 12, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

It's been my observation that the Caps give certain players the chance to fail before moving someone up. Look how long they gave Olie last season. Fortunately they did not wait long with moving Johnson up. They were patient with Semin (after rushing him back) last season. And they waited until Thanksgiving morning to fire Hanlon. So the Caps will wait a little on Clark, realizing he was coming back from an injury, before demoting him and promoting Fehr. There is no doubt Fehr has earned the right to play more. I agree with Sa_Town: OV just went on a 9 game scoreless streak. He really hasn't been playing well. Do you bench the best player in the world? Not a seromn, just a thought....

Posted by: Leeguru | November 12, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Do you feel Clark is in game shape right now? Do you think he is at 100% and his game is done with?

Before you throw him under the bus give him time to recover...and your right, he is the captain. You dont bench your captain.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 12, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

@Section117

I say worry about that after 09-10 and see who is still around. Maybe Semin is gone, maybe Backstrom gets hurt, maybe the salary cap goes up, maybe they all take less a la Hossa to keep the team together. Whatever- we'll have him for this year and next. I'd make that trade in a second if it's out there. And it just might be. He's going somewhere, that's for sure.

Posted by: ChrisAm | November 12, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

@Lee

You are exactly right. A team gives most of these players multiple year contracts. It is a commitment to them for a set period of time. You dont just trash them on a week to week basis due to performance.

And if you really want a veteran key player to sit, you get on the phone with other GM's and try to make a move. Otherwise the player goes public that they want a trade, and you will only get a bag of pucks in return because you HAVE to trade them.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 12, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and remember last season my peeps. Where were we points and record wise? Be patient, things are fine. They always have a way of working themselves out.

Posted by: Leeguru | November 12, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I think Leeguru's right. As unfortunate for Fehr it might be, they're going to give Clark a good, long, thorough look before benching him for longer than a game or two. After all, Clark's proven, and that's the main (only) reason he hasn't been benched this year more than the one game. He's been awful, but due to his past success, he's got time to prove himself.

But Lee's right on the later point, too -- everything will be just fine. Can you believe that, considering this time last year, that they're going for W #4 in a row? With Johnny starting? It's nuts! :-)

And very exciting. I can't wait for the game tonight. I want to see Leighton squirm.

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | November 12, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

We're winning and I'm happy. Love the Kovalchuck idea...then if somehow someway we could pick up a decent dman at the trade deadline we'd be looking at a stanley cup contender boys and girls. And so what if we're thinking like its XBOX 360 at least my team wins the cup in that game!

Posted by: skinzfan4 | November 12, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Why do we need another forward when people are complaining about some forwards sitting and some not? I think it would be cool to have Kovalachuk, however, it's not going to happen with who we have already.

"And so what if we're thinking like its XBOX 360 at least my team wins the cup in that game!" ~ that's a good quote.

Let BB coach... he won some sort of award last year... not sure what it's called.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

@Sombrero -
Your insight is invaluable, and your choice of game attire is unrivaled

-Boo!

Posted by: Boo- | November 12, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Where the heck did this Kovalchuck stuff come from?? We need D, not forwards! If we get Kovy, you'll never see Fehr. You all are trying to sit Clark, Gordon, or Bradley in order to get Fehr into the line-up now. Add another forward and Steckle, Flash and Laich get into the same situation Fehr is in now.

Let's drop this thread now.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Lee:
They don't call you guru for nothin'!! ;-) I agree - compared to this time last season, we are in great shape. And things are starting to pick up - if we can take off now the way we did late last season, we will be golden!

Posted by: Boo- | November 12, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Greg:
So you wouldn't take Kovalchuck? ;-) I agree, we need D (and maybe a keeper!), but it is fun to think what Kovalchuck would add to this team ...

Posted by: Boo- | November 12, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Actually Boo, you are the only one who calls me Guru. Everyone else calls me Lee.....

Posted by: Leeguru | November 12, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

LeeGURU:
Well now that's just sad. So then did you pick your screen name in my honor? ;-)

Posted by: Boo- | November 12, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Hooray Johnny! :) Go CAPS Go! 1st place in Southeast Division is on the line! (although it is still very early in the season)

Posted by: rachel216 | November 12, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Yea...I think every team in the league would like to have a 50 goal scorer....screw everyone else if we got Kovy (not gonna happen). I'm a big fan of Fehr, and I like Steckel too, but it doesn't really matter who sits out of those guys to find room for Kovalchuk.

Posted by: reesem37 | November 12, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

@Section117

Posted by: ChrisAm | November 12, 2008 2:04 PM
-------------------------------------------
Making the deal to block someone else from doing it is kinda silly, moreso considering it might be nothing more than a rental deal where three players were integral to the team (like them or not).

And bringing Hossa into this as an example isn't a proper choice either, as you're looking at a guy who waived his clauses and subsequently took less to go to win a Cup. His current team won the Cup last year and is a choice by many to repeat. The Caps aren't that team for Kovalchuk.

I understand your thoughts (it was how Huet came here after all), but financials are just one of a few reasons why such a trade won't happen. Another is value. Take a look at the Hossa trade last year and what Pittsburgh had to give up to rent Hossa. Considering the work put into this farm system, is giving up the rough equivalent of Alzner, Little Gus, Fehr and possibly another player worth making, especially if you can't resign Kovalchuk?

If you can't tell, I'm kinda bored at work, by the way.

Posted by: Section117 | November 12, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Can someone in the know provide us with some insight, either from Theodore or Prior, on what is going on with JT while Johnny is the #1. Is he steaming? Is he taking it in stride? Has he removed his nameplate? What's up?

Posted by: AleksanderOMunchkin | November 12, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

We pretty much have 5 50 pointers on the team now. Ovie, Backstrom, Kozlov, Semin and Green. If we can't with with that kind of fire-power...

I'm also thinking that with Kovy's contract, we could buy 3 S@H D men worth their salt.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

brian burke out as the ducks GM, please hopefully the caps will take a look at getting him

Posted by: _stevo | November 12, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

If Burke is going anywhere, it's going to Toronto

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | November 12, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Waiver claim on McLaren?

Kidding...

Posted by: Section117 | November 12, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

We don't want Burke. GMGM is fine. All of the other GM's will deal with him. Not so Burke. Let him go to Toronto. He's been heading that way for years now. He wouldn't really even have to move. He still owns a house there.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Sure, bring Burke into DC and watch all of our talented Europeans get traded for North American meatheads. GREAT idea..

Posted by: _jordan | November 12, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

probably true but i think he would be an upgrade from mcphee

Posted by: _stevo | November 12, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

J.T is collecting his 4.5 million, and wants to be a part of a cup run. He should be fine and be ready when called on.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 12, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

yep but he did put together a stanley cup winning team with the ducks

Posted by: _stevo | November 12, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Wow. This isn't good. KHL found 5 players with heart defects.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Well, once JT starts performing, then he will get in more. Reminds me of Kolzig last year.

BJ is trying to earn his keep and his salary for next year. It all makes sense.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Anyone watch that Pens/Wings game last night? Good game, hated the outcome.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I have something like a spam blocker on my TV. I can't watch any PA cr@p like that unless the Capitals are playing them.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

What do they call it? A "V-Chip"? Isn't that "V" for Values? There's no value in watching Philly or Pittsburgh.

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I don't usually watch the Pens, however, I like watching the Wings... It was a good game though.

Posted by: _828 | November 12, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

@ wendel2
I'm sure you're aware that a common interest in hockey doesn't predict common political orientations. How about we keep this a politics free zone?

@kittypawz
I don't see what you are talking about with Feds as a Dman: "puck-moving" just means offensive; "playing puck-control" is about trapping and cycling in a possession-oriented game. Feds' value in the back as a puck control QB is amazing. Mostly. I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

@ anybody who will listen

I'm stoked for Johnny. It was so sweet seeing the understudy school the jilted master.

Posted by: large23220 | November 12, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

What channel are the Caps on tonight?

Posted by: tywright | November 12, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Kudos to Sports Illustrated for having an updated site/photos for the Caps.

I like how they associated a team called the Capitals (not the Washington one) to the team's news.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | November 12, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Caps are on CSN tonight.

Posted by: AleksanderOMunchkin | November 12, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

To clarify on AleksanderOMunchkin's comment, Caps @ Canes (11/12/08) is on CSN and CSN-HD (in HD). This time it's the Wizards that play on the "redheaded stepchild", CSN+.

BTW, it is really hard to type AleksanderOMunchkin without screwing up. *shrug*

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | November 12, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

GregAnnapolis

I hear you. Anything longer than 5 or 6 letters and I'm double clicking, right click, copying and pasting.

Was it you that took his daughters to the Caps game recently? How'd that turn out? You all had a good time?

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I agree that Fehr is playing better than Clark. But I guess it's a tough call to bench a veteran, your captain and all, when there is potentially a reason: like he needs to get back to game strength/speed etc.

I feel bad for Flash and Nylander: it's like they are playing 5 on 4. But let's hope tonight is the night that Clark wows us all and Backstrom gets his first goal of the season.

Gp Caps!

Posted by: CapsRockTheRed | November 12, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

New post...

Posted by: Greg S. | November 12, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I'll have to agree with everyone regarding Fehr vs. Clark. If Clark isn't going to score on a perfect cross goal mouth setup Nylander fed him in the last game, which my grandma would have buried, he's not going to score. Fehr played very well in the last game. Would be very discouraging for him to sit this one out regardless of whether he understands that Boudreau has to consider other factors than performance (like Clark being captain, etc).

Having said that Boudreau's job isn't easy here. I'm sure he hates taking Fehr out after the game he had, but he kinda doesn't have a choice. If everything was based on just performance Lepisto and Alzner would have played in a bunch of games now... Bourque too.

ChrisAm - You really are smoking something. The trade you proposed makes absolutely zero sense for Atlanta. Kovalchuk is a special, elite talent and to end up with Clark for him and the end of the season would be beyond retarded. History shows that every time you trade an elite player for a bunch of OK ones you ALWAYS end up regretting it and being ridiculed for years.

KHL's spokesman is Marat Safin? Ha.

Posted by: ranndino | November 12, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

1) Laich should be Captain 2)How often do you see a big star traded for three retreads? Not often, let go of the Kovalchuk idea, plus, we shouldn't be tying up roster spots with big signings when there's a logjam of players needing to come up from Hershey in the next couple of years. 3) Bruce knows what he's doing.
HckyFght - "Proud Resident of Section 417 !"

Posted by: hckyfght | November 12, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse