Kozlov and the KHL (Again)

For a few weeks now, various reports out of Russia have indicated that Viktor Kozlov has decided to sign with a KHL team. Today, there apears to be even more evidence that it's true: According to a HC Salavat Yulaev's Web site (via Japers' Rink), Kozlov has officially signed a three-year deal to return to his homeland.

For the record, GM George McPhee said moments ago that no one has advised the Caps that Kozlov, a pending unrestricted free agent, has signed elsewhere. That doesn't mean it's not a done deal, but I do find it interesting that Kozlov has yet to inform Washington of his decision.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  June 9, 2009; 12:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List: 'We're Ready to Go'
Next: Moose Deny Bears a Championship at Home

Comments

From the previous thread:

capsfan01: No one is implying the the Bears should be moved up except maybe Wendel2 who things the Caps can learn how to hustle from the Bears. I am one of the Caps faithful that took the family up to Hershey to enjoy games 3 and 4.

IMO there are a few Bears that can challenge for roster spots but none appear to be the missing pieces we need, again that is my opinion. I also think Aucoin, Bourque (even if not with us), Alzner, and Kronwall (played phenomenal IMO this past weekend) are NHL ready. Neuvirth will challenge too.

The answer to the Stanley Cup riddle isn't in Hershey, but I believe some of the boys are ready to seemlessly step in if we have to let players like ShaMo, Fehr, or Flash go via a trade or something. IMO if Steffan Kronwall can clear the crease in the NHL like he does in the AHL, we may already have our crease clearing defenseman. I know he didn't pan out in Toronto but heck Toronto's Captain ditched the organization. If Osala can crash the net at the NHL level like he does in the AHL there is one hole filled too.

The nice thing is GMGM has his eyes and the scout scouring for what we need and BB is eyeing the Bears and has proven not to be afraid to give young guys their shot.

Good luck tonight Bears, man I had a blast up there, and I am a Caps STH, WOOOOOOOOO.

Posted by: fanohock1 | June 9, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he will take his good friend Nyls with him????

Posted by: CBT2 | June 9, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Schultz and Nylander are Russian

Posted by: arcassells | June 9, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

There is an excerpt from an interview with Viktor Kozlov on the Sovetsky Sport webpage that appears to confirm the report. In the interview, he's asked whether Washington will suffer because of his departure (along with some others). He says the "core of the team" is still there, and basically that anyone should be able to play with Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and Green....

Posted by: FredG1 | June 9, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

REPOST FROM PREVIOUS:
@kittypawz:

Beatles "Yellow Submarine" (for whenever Crysby takes a dive...expect to hear this one often! XD).
Quiet Riot "Come on Feel the Noize", "Bang Your Head"
Sammy Hagar "Red"
Peter Gabriel "Red Rain"
The Fixx "Red Skies At Night"
Metallica "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters"
Judas Priest "You've Got Another Ting Coming"
Blur "Song #2"
Gary Hoey "Lunatic Fringe " (this is a cover of the 1980's song by Red Ryder--it kills! You can find it on iTunes)
Electrasy "Cosmic Castaway"

On a related subject: I am trying to find someone to help me with this project 'cause I don't know how to do it myself:

For opening night, I'd like to see the Jumbotron showing a montage of every goal, hit and save by a Russian-born Caps' players in 2008-2009 season...set to a really good recording (with cannons) of Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture". There coulds be some text scrolling horizontally through it in English and in Russian (player names, "Rock the Red", etc.) If the team doesn't want it, I still think it'd be cool on YouTube. What do you think?

Posted by: Rhino40 | June 9, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I still say anything by Maiden

Posted by: Fro_ | June 9, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he will take his good friend Nyls with him????

Posted by: CBT2 | June 9, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

We can all wish, can't we?
Not saying that Circles won't make it there, but it would be nice to see someone slip into his place as a forward. Oskar Osala probably has about another half-year of development left, but there's guys like Jay Beagle, Keith Aucoin, Andrew Gordon, Chris Bourque, and quite a few more who could easily slip up into the system now. and anyone who thinks my opinion of Andrew Gordon being in the NHL before Oskar Osala, I say that because I still think there's some kinks left in Oskar's game to be worked out, such as his skating could stand to get just a little quicker. I know he's a big boy, but I feel like he could be able to skate just a little faster and smoother.
Once Jose Theodore's gone, though, Neuvy is a #1 contender to move up for good. He's almost too good for the AHL ^^;

Posted by: 4RBears | June 9, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

(I know this is from yesterday, but at the point this reply was posted I was already out for the night to get good sleep before my algebra final today)

4RBears, I could be wrong, but I swear he was standing up through most of pregame and part of the first to the left side of the box. I only recognized him because he's so effing tall and one of the only guys in the box sans-beard and overall "playoff scruffiness". I was sitting across from them in 211, but him, Bouchard, and GMac were the only ones I recognized. If they were at the VC, I would have used my StalkerCam3000's zoom lens, but the GC's a bit tighter on removable lenses. I call him Mikey too, although generally only when I feel overwhelming affection for him, like when he's making those beautiful saves. And Saturday was definitely the loudest I've ever heard that place, although I've only been to a few games. Even the game I went to last round wasn't nearly as loud.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | June 8, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Ah, if Finley was standing during the pre-game I was probably watching the guys warm up or getting my soda for the first period. I don't look up there until the national anthem when I can usually sneak a glance at my favorite Caps prospect (Braden Holtby.)
As for the calling Neuvy 'Mikey' thing... I've referred to him as Mikey from the start, when I first thought he was the worst goalie to have ever been in Hershey net. Now, am I ever glad to have been proven wrong! =)
There are still times that someone'll hear me mutter 'freakin Mikey...' though! ;)

Posted by: 4RBears | June 9, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Fanohock I did not think that YOU were implying we should bring all of the Bears up to replace the Caps, but there have been others on here, Wendel and RedskinsfanNYC for example, who seem to think we can replace our team w the AHLers. We have a very talented Caps team as it is AND a very talented Bears team. In a pinch, we are lucky to be able to bring a Bear up as a replacement. But I'm tired of reading all of the comments about basically remodeling our whole roster w Bears... that's absurd. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Posted by: capsfan01 | June 9, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

a moment of silence, please, for our dearly departed KGB agent look alike.

Posted by: RedBirdie | June 9, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

This seemed to be a forgone conclusion ever since the season ended. More interested to see what Federov and Brashear will do, as they've been more open about a desire to remain in Washington. We could survive without either, but I know the fans are pulling for them to stay.

Posted by: drischord | June 9, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tess2201 | June 9, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

I know Kozlov didn't exactly set the world on fire here, but there's something odd/ unsettling about him 1) signing in advance of the July 1 deadline and 2) not talking to GMGM first. Maybe he wants to go back to Russia. That's fine. But, from what I've read he's a decent guy and I would have thought a courtesy phone call to the Caps would be in order.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | June 9, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

drischord, I agree w you. And I am pulling for both of them to stay.

Posted by: capsfan01 | June 9, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Replace the older caps with the younger ones that are playing for the bears. Good to go on that note.

Posted by: hessone | June 9, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Puck Daddy reporting KHL trying to get Nylander to center Jagr.

Heatley wants out of Ottawa...good replacement?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | June 9, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

1) Its almost 100% that Kozlov, Feds, and Brashear have played their last games as Caps/in the NHL
2) The biggest possibility with reagards to the KHL are the Nylander to Jagr's team Avangard Omsk rumours. THAT would be huge for the Caps. It would free up needed cap space to sign/trade for a real center/defensemen

Posted by: fauxrumors | June 9, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Wait, you mean Kozlov hasn't left yet for Russia? In the off season maybe he can work in the circus as a bear riding a unicycle... So he'll be a big teddy bear on and off the ice.

Posted by: JSchon | June 9, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Is this indicative of McPhee's relationship with his players? Just some players? Is he surprised to be out of the loop, Or are all parties firmly aware that they should be seeking employment elsewhere and gm's just being silently polite? After all, he knows that no one is going to offer them the kind of money the KHL is willing to pay. He probably doesn't want to talk about any suspicions, especially if he ends up having to deal with KHL clubs directly. Fedorov wouldn't be making 3.8 million stateside, but can for 2 years in Russia, play fewer games, and not have to play as hard as in the NHL (ie, no big Canadians trying to paste you into the end boards). Maybe this is how the NHL will lose older, slow veteran talent like Kozlov and Nylander. Eventually, the Russian kids might stay too.

Posted by: oo7 | June 9, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Danny Heatley plays LW, he isnt a C, and if you're a bean counter he will make $8M next year.

So, that said, I'd love to have him here.

Trade Semin/Poti/Schultz/Neuvy/Clark for Heatley/Zubov/J.Smith

Posted by: JSchon | June 9, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Heatley's cap hit is something insane like 7.5 million per. And there's 4 or 5 years left on that contract. seems a little much for the Caps.

Posted by: RedBirdie | June 9, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Dimitri has an interview with Kozlov, who confirms he's going to russia:

Posted by: RedBirdie | June 9, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Good luck Kozie. I thought he did a pretty good job but with all the defense's attention on OV, 12-15 goals doesnt cut the mustard.

Wish all you want guys, no big signings or trades are going to happen. The guys leaving will be replaced by very capable Hershey (soon to be champs again) Bears.

Good luck Chocolate Town!

Posted by: dsphvywght | June 9, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Enough already about Kozlov and who the Caps may or may not sign. Bigger things are afoot... The Red Wings can banish evil from the face of the earth tonight. The Red Wings are barelling down the service way, Darth Vader and the Tie Fighters are hot on their tail, Han Solo and Chewbacca are moving into position to protect the Wings as they try to hit the vent... Folks, it's up to us to channel the Force and guide Red Wings proton torpedeo into the Death Star's vent thereby setting off the chain reaction that will banish all evil from the universe.

Come on... Let's Go Wings! Let's Go Wings!

Posted by: Matt23185 | June 9, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

The Nylander to Russia rumors are total crap. 1) He's under contract next year and he isn't being bought out. 2) There's no NHL/KHL transfer agreement, so he's not going there. Please stop.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | June 9, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Oldtimehockey, I'm with you on having a weird feeling about Kozlov, my spider-sense is tingling you may say. It does seem weird that he's in a rush to leave town. As I recall didn't he say he still had a home in Florida since he spent a good deal of time playing there? That plus steroid's wannabe guy makes me a tad worried.

Posted by: superpaqman | June 9, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Organizing the voodoo gear for tonight's game: In one pile, a stuffed penguin and some needles. In the other pile, a Hossa bobblehead, lucky incense and some candles. Ha ha ha! The non-flying birds are doomed.

Posted by: washingtonpost31 | June 9, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Count on Osala definitely making the team next year. Hope that Andrew Gordon and Beagle also get a shot. Chris Bourque I'm not sold on yet. Pinizotto can also easily fill in on a 4th line wing if needed. He's having a dynamite series against Manitoba right now.

Posted by: cstanton1 | June 9, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

1) oldtimehockey: That hasn't stoped other NHL players "under contract" from going over there and saving their NHL team's money.
2) We agree that it would be insane from Nylander's financial perspective to leave now when he is owed 9 million, but if the KHL can match that $$ with no taxation on income and playing a much shorter season perhaps he wouldn't mind the change of scenery?

Posted by: fauxrumors | June 9, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oldtimehockey | June 9, 2009 3:12 PM |

Well, not really. He could retire. That would get him out of the agreement, and the NHL as well. Assume for fun that the KHL can offer most of that to play with Jagr. That could be impetus enough to go. The salary would be tax-free which could get him in the ball park.

Shorter seasons, same money, playing with a friend, well, just playing! It would be better than sitting in the press box getting frustrated.

Posted by: Greg S. | June 9, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40 - I had a similar video idea using the Russian Dance from the Nutcracker Suite rather than the finale to the 1812 Overture. That particular overture may have been composed by a Russian, but it has very French overtones (i.e. La Marseillaise as a background theme - the French national anthem). :-)

Posted by: irockthered | June 9, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Since Nylander is under contract, is it possible to make him skate blue line to blue line touches until he retires?

Posted by: SA-Town | June 9, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Nyls is not going to retire or jump to the KHL. His $9 million over the next 2 years says so. End of story.

To tell you the truth, I wish Tarik would do a in depth investigative story about Nylander's past season. Was he hurt and if so what was it? Had he recovered from last year's shoulder operation? Do the Caps think he has slowed down? What was on the table at the trade deadline? Do the Caps think he'll rebound this year and if so what's his role?

There are a lot of unanswered questions out there! Explain how you scratch a $4.5 million guy during the playoffs and play a guy who's been in the AHL all season instead?

OO7 you jumped the gun on blaming McPhee for Kozlov signing with Slavavat. He clearly states, “ I was even asked to stay with Washington. But I had already made my decision…” He even stated he started to plan for this move before he signed with the Caps 2 years ago.

Tarik, it's time to start asking the Caps the tough questions without ruining your relationships. It's time to "the man"!

Posted by: puckman | June 9, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

All the Caps have to do for Nylander to be able to sign with Russia is place him on waivers. Granted this takes multiple steps but I think this is how it would work:
1)Nylander agrees to waive his NMC
2)Caps place him on waivers
3)No NHL team claims him(or they claim him and we are out of the contract)
4)He fails to report to Hershey thus not honoring his contract(via a wink wink with the Caps)
5)Since he is in violation of his contract it can be terminated.
6)He signs in Russia.

I think that's how it will theoretically work.

Posted by: ThePat | June 9, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

We all know that Nyls has a NTC on his contract. But if you saw this season, he was miserable, the team didn't want him, he wasn't a good fit. He wasn't part of the exciting run to the playoffs. Time's got to come where he would say, this isn't working out. He was still getting paid, but his ego and pride got to hurt from all the benching and his lack of production. Hopefully, he will realize that he'll never get top minutes in this team anymore, and rather sit on the bench, he'll go to another team.

Posted by: Andoy | June 9, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Rhino40 & kittypawz: Another good song to play for Russian Caps goals is Dave Edmunds & Love Sculpture covering Aram Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance". I love that piece.

Posted by: uncatim | June 9, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

It wouldn't surprise me to see him retire. It is certainly within the realm of reasonableness as it is simple, uncomplicated and he remains in complete controll of his destiny.

Posted by: Greg S. | June 9, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: uncatim | June 9, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

"As much as it pains me & many other fans, professional athletes do not always retire when the "realm of reasonableness" would indicate that to be a good choice."

Exhibit A: Brett Favre!

Posted by: RedBirdie | June 9, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

or Olaf Kolzig

Posted by: uncatim | June 9, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I guess we'll have to say:

Do Svidaniya, Vitya.

до свидания (in Cyrillic) I was using Viktor's Russian nickname. Well, at the rate we're going, we'll be saying "Do Svidaniya" to several other Caps, including possibly Fedorov, Brashear, and Nylander.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | June 9, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40

On the musical note (1812 Overture), the piece intersperses the French anthem "The Marseille" within it, symbolizing the failure of Napolean (the ruler of France at the time) to conquer Russia. In a way, the Russians are conquering hockey, a sport that used to be dominated by French Canadians. (Gee, several generations later.) BTW, I have a friend who used to organize an annual get together of friends to see the "1812 Overture" on the mall when the Army band was playing it.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | June 9, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I don't know a lot of guys who would retire with 9 million coming...sure it's happened but for every guy that's done that, there are hundreds across all pro sports that didn't. I know I wouldn't, and I'm pretty sure Mrs. Nylander wouldn't let him either - doesn't he have 6 kids?

Posted by: NJNJ | June 9, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

pretty lame of GMGM to keep denying when Kozlov is giving interviews about his decision to switch...

Posted by: ralph4100 | June 9, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Fanohock1, see above comments for proof of my post :)

Posted by: capsfan01 | June 9, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

uncatim

You're right. They don't always. Just looking at the number of rumors to this makes it possible (not probable). Of all the ways for a 36 year old to get out of a contract, retirement is certainly the easiest to do.

1. GMGM shopped Nyls before the trading deadline to no avail.
2. GMGM had been shopping him since January, but no deal could be done.
3. The cap really hurts his chances of someone wanting him to play for them.
4. He's very competitive and is not competing.
5. The teams that he would want to play on don't want him (apparently as earlier attempts to trade for him failed).

I'm not saying it WILL happen, I'm saying it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did retire because then he is in control. That's what the NMC is all about

There are some problems with this. First, his wife and kids would have to agree to the move. Not too sure that will happen.

Posted by: Greg S. | June 9, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Someone call Dick Cheney...we can Waterboard Nylander into retirement.

Posted by: SA-Town | June 9, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Greg S.: I know what you're saying & I hope you are right.

Posted by: uncatim | June 9, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

BTW- does anyone know someone from the Board of Health in Pittsburgh (taking a large leap of faith that one exists...)? Someone needs to do some good ol fashion sabotage-

LETS GO BEARS! LETS GO RED WINGS!

Posted by: mrszilla | June 9, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Oldtime
Last year Chi tried to send the Bulin wall to Russia. If a player agrees, an NHL team can send a player to Russia, pay all of part of his salary (with no cap hit)and it is a win, win situation maybe. So if Nylander were presented with a decision to ride the bus in Hershey or SC or play with his buddy in Russia it might solve our cap problem named Nylander.

In the mean time, I'm going to buy the Bears game tonight on the Internet and pray that I get to watch Hossa skate the Cup in front of the Pens fans! IN YOUR FACE CRYSBY!!!!

Posted by: majiksea | June 9, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

On the last post, a fan had commented that it's Capitals Insiders, not Pens/Wings Insider.

If anything lately, the fans here have been very supportive of both the Hershey Bears and the Detroit Red Wings. (The farm team and the team that's playing our arch enemy.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | June 9, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

@CapsFan75:

You are absoluely right. Which is why, if I were able to produce this video, I would cue those parts of the Tchaikovsky piece to scenes of Ovechkin, Semin, Koz, & Feds deking (or Varlamov denying) numerous MTL players...LOL

Posted by: Rhino40 | June 9, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

Your idea to have Nylander skate blue lines until retirement won't work. He doesn't know how to skate in a straight line. I'd be willing to bet that he hates riding Metro.

Posted by: TJ91 | June 9, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

NJNJ, ye, the Nylanders have 6 kids. Their youngest is not yet 3, I believe.

Posted by: RedBirdie | June 9, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Bears and Moose are scoreless after the first period. GO BEARS!!

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Viktor Kozlov has signed a three-year contract with Salavat Yulaev.

Ovie: He told me that he was leaving Washington. I wish him only the best of luck. Together we have spent two great years. We played on one line. He is a great partner, an awesome guy.

And also Sergei Fedorov goes to Magnitogorsk.

Ovie: I don't know about that. I haven't spoken to him yet. But Sergei promised to come to Moscow soon.

Posted by: CodePoetry | June 9, 2009 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Moose score with 3:00 left in the second period. LET'S GO BEARS!!!

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Uh-oh. Moose just made it 2-0 near the end of the second period. Looks like the Cardiac Bears are gonna have to do it again.

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Kozzy is leaving us.

Interesting that he said that NHL is getting younger and faster so its harder for older guys.

I love the fact YUNKOV our 62nd overall pick in 2004 is coming to CAMP. This kid has a great potential to be a #2 center. He has been compared to Datsyuk type player. Will be a lot of suprises this year and a lot of competition for 3 to 4 spots that are OPEN.

GMGM needs to stay away from Free Agency we have great young talent that is ready to step up.

Can't wait for September already.

Posted by: lightshow | June 9, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Graham Mink just scored to make it 2-1 with over 15 minutes left. GO BEARS!!!

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

I had a brief interaction with Kozlov at Kettler and he was extremely nice to my six-year-old daughter. Seemed like a good guy and I wish him a lot of luck.

Posted by: cplcespod | June 9, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

2-1 Manitoba and a choppy stream

Come on Bears!!!

Posted by: TheSkyIsntFalling | June 9, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't think you will see Nylander in Hershey, I believe he has a no movement clause, not a no trade clause.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | June 9, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Sports juice is gonna give me a stroke
I preferred PennLive.

Posted by: uncatim | June 9, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Bears are heading back to Canada... :(

Posted by: shayem22 | June 9, 2009 9:19 PM | Report abuse

"Sports juice is gonna give me a stroke"

Sweet f'ing Jesus yes! Pretty fun to listen to choppy coverage of a championship game.

Posted by: TheSkyIsntFalling | June 9, 2009 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we'll get our miracle after all--Carlson just scored with 30 seconds left to cut the Moose lead to 3-2. GO BEARS!!!

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 9:27 PM | Report abuse

@puckman

I think Nyls drop in production probably had something to do with him returning from injury to a whole new coach and system. Maybe he would do good if he would find a Hanlon-esque system and agree to go to it. Instead, he lingers here, doesn't fit in and complains about his ice team.

I love the fact that 4RBears and others call him Circles. The next time I saw him play, I knew exactly what they meant. Circles, indeed.

Posted by: hockeyweasel | June 9, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh well, we'll just have to take the Calder Cup on their ice. I hope that game 6 will be on TV here in the DC area, because that choppy sportsjuice stream is driving me crazy. Could it cut out at worse moments? GO BEARS!!!

Posted by: wocoliz | June 9, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

It should be the WWFofNHL (World Wide Federation of...). First Zetterberg gets pushed into MAF for a Penguin PP. Then the (impartial) NBC announcers see three penalties on Pitt that go uncalled ("That was interference. That was interferene." ). I also spotted #52 Ericcson getting hooked down behind his net in the first - no call.

Next Buttman will allow Cindy to stuff a "foreign object" into his crotch.

The WWFofNHL.

Only in the NHL could a team that's won 4 out of 11 alrerady (the Wings) get absolute, universal support from all fans, everywhere, against a team that hasn't won in 17 years.

Crosby is a twerp and Buttman needs to go.

Posted by: tominfl1 | June 9, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

4RBears, Sorry, just now catching up on the days happenings. I usually look up there as soon as I get there since I tend to miss who's on deck for the night while driving up there. Although, aren't they usually sitting up on the mezzanine above that box?

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | June 9, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1: Foreign objects in Cindy's pants. Hmm, should we ask any of his exes? Does he even have any? Or did Cindy not get the "birds and the bees" talk yet?

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | June 9, 2009 10:51 PM | Report abuse