Laich skates, B. Morrison leaves practice

Brooks Laich is back on the ice this morning wearing a full cage on his helmet to protect his face injury. Here's a quick video from pre-practice warmups:

Now that practice has started, however, Laich has left the ice. I'm also not seeing Brendan Morrison, though I believe he was out there earlier.

Meantime, Coach Bruce Boudreau has shuffled his lines again. Here's what they look like right now:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Fehr-Fleischmann-Semin
Chimera-Belanger-Bradley
Laich-Steckel-Walker

I'll have more after practice.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 27, 2010; 10:41 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From atop the standings, Caps watch the playoff race unfold
Next: Laich out tomorrow vs. Flames

Comments

TEb.......get a picture of that not so pretty face. Please

Posted by: RichC3 | March 27, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I guess the fourth line is Laing /not Laich/-Steckel-Walker

Posted by: Tondi | March 27, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I second that comment...we want photos!
Video would be even better, and not distant video like the one above.

Posted by: tess2201 | March 27, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Flash and Semin reunited - nice! Look at how many of Semin's goals come when he's paired with Flash - not a coincidence. Those two have magic.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 27, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Tarik: Has Matthew Perrault been called up? Rumor out of Hershey is that he left the Bears practice with his hockey gear.

Posted by: NovaCath1 | March 27, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Just switch Bradley with Laich. Those lines would be so sick for the playoffs. KA-Boom!

Posted by: Bohemians1905 | March 27, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I don't know who this should be aimed at but the Post's coverage of the NCAA college hockey tournament is pathetic. I looked at the "Television and Radio" section of this mornings Post looking for the time the college hockey games would be on. Nothing - nada - oh boy it did list - ready - college softball. Fortunately I discover all the games were televised no thanks to the Post.

Posted by: mylesoreilly | March 27, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

It's not "the other Morrison" when there is only one "Morrison".

Suppose you could say, "the other Mo".

Posted by: TheOriginalEgon | March 27, 2010 8:42 PM | Report abuse

Ah that was meant for the other thread.

Posted by: TheOriginalEgon | March 27, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Agreed, the WAPO needs to really step up their coverage of the Frozen Four, c'mon now!

And sorry, no way Bradley is a 2nd-liner - or even a 3rd liner for that matter. My buddy in the AHL is hands-down a better hockey player.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 28, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse