Posted at 10:18 AM ET, 12/15/2010

LaVar Arrington still loves the Caps

By Washington Post Sports

Hockey fan extraordinaire LaVar Arrington has some encouraging words for the Capitals and their fans over on his Hard Hits blog, and draws an interesting comparison between this season and last.

Have a look-see if you're interested.

By Washington Post Sports  | December 15, 2010; 10:18 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps recall Andrew Gordon, Jay Beagle from Hershey
Next: Varlamov to start, Semin questionable against Ducks

Comments

We all still love the Caps. The difference is that different fans love the team in different ways. Some fans love the team like a child loves their parents, and some fans love the team like a parent loves their children.

Posted by: VTDuffman | December 15, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

varly in net. DJK and MaJo scratched

Posted by: _stevo | December 15, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Ugh, you take 8 and 28 out of that line up and it is kind of gross. I hope they are just resting up and drinking fluids for the game.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce

wait...ovie isn't out to right.

Posted by: capscoach | December 15, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Ovi is playing...28 on the other hand it doesnt look like it.

Posted by: ThePat | December 15, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Maybe 28 is being bench for his shot hitting Ovi during the last game.

Posted by: instinct227 | December 15, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Cody Eakin made Team Canada.

Posted by: Aldred15 | December 15, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Go Eakin!! Who thinks he spends most of next season with us?

Posted by: capscoach | December 15, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Has MaJo been playing badly lately (compared tot he others?) I hadn't really noticed. He has been benched quite a bit lately. Maybe BB really thinks that watching some games will help him. I didn't think he was worse than the others.

Posted by: capscoach | December 15, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

is DJK not playing because he is on IR? anyone know when he is eligable to come off?

Posted by: _stevo | December 15, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

@capscoach

To answer your question no he hasn't been playing poorly at all. He's only been on the ice for 1 goal against or something during the span the team has been playing poorly.

To me its one of three things: He's sick and trying to get back to full strength. He's being rested bc he's never played an 82 game season so they want to keep him fresh and letting him watch doesnt really hurt. Or third, BB is just sitting him to sit him and its unjustified...I assume its one of the first two but you can't discount number 3 bc coaches do do that sort of thing.

Posted by: ThePat | December 15, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

@capscoach

I think Ovie is skating...was just saying that the lines they were skating with (at practice) are less than impressive when you take 8 & 28 out of it.

"Who thinks he spends most of next season with us?" - capscoach

Actually, there is a chance he could play with us THIS year. Once his JR season is over. Then he'd be eligible for calling up.

MaJo is supposedly sick is he not?

And is it official that Semin is a no go?

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 15, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

@_steveo

I think I heard/read its 7 days if placed on IR.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 15, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

@capscoach

I won't ever forgive BB, and I'll always remind people of his favoritism and it just so happens that #4 is the player I'll use as an example. That you didn't interpret BB's remarks as a demotion and slight to Erskine, well, I don't know how you couldn't (unless you're nothing more than an apologist, excuser, and enabler....didn't someone once post that you're a public school teacher? hmmmmm, no wonder)

Anyway, #4 was my mission and whole reason for posting here. I've accomplished my goal with him, but now it's about BB, DJK, and the make-up of the team. I will be relentless, uncompromising, and sounding like a broken record until the organization puts together a team worthy of the Cup.

Posted by: vermontcaps | December 15, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

@steveo

he's eligible to be off of it, but they recalled the two from Hershey so even if he's healthy he won't be coming off of it.

Posted by: ThePat | December 15, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse