Leonsis's Title Changing at AOL

I missed this yesterday. From Ted's Take:

I have asked for and have been granted permission to use the title Vice Chairman Emeritus, AOL LLC. I am very grateful that the company has approved of this change in status for me and my family.
It is now time for me to spend more quality time on my sports franchises; my multiple film projects; my philanthropy and on some startup investments that have me quite excited. I also want to spend more time with my family and travel the world a bit more. I will still remain connected to AOL. I have my office here and I am available to consult and help when and where I am needed. I will remain a positive public proponent for AOL but it is time for me to start pushing away from the Company that I have been so closely associated with for 14 years.

Not a bad life, huh? I knew I should have gone into computers. Just kidding. Sort of.

But seriously, good for Ted. Sounds like he's going to be around even more this season.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  August 28, 2007; 9:29 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Erskine Re-Signs
Next: Caps Announce Training Camp Schedule

Comments

I've never met the man personally, but he's responded personally (or seemingly personally) to a couple of responses I've posted to his blog and to his Facebook profile, which indicates - to me, at least - that he's a very amicable fellow. As such - and as a Caps fan - I wish him and the team nothing but success moving forward.

Posted by: MC Dubs | August 28, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Good for Ted.

Tarik, Vogel said GMGM was on XM yesterday, any word on what they talked about?

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | August 28, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

All well and good that Leonsis wants to spend more time on his team AS LONG AS HE STAYS OUT OF THE HOCKEY DECISIONS. We don't need any more Jagr's.

Posted by: Joe | August 28, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 28, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

freakin, dcsportschick has a transcript(more or less)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 28, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

"all of that sounds good except i would have liked him to single out the caps instead of just lumping them into his group of sports franchises. that suggests that the caps are on par with the mystics, and thats just not true."

You wait till he takes over for Abe. You'll see just what a lump D.C. will have. I pray nightly for somebody to come in and out bid Ted for Le Bullet!

back on topic....Teds title changes everytime he feels like it. The only title
that Ted can't seem to get changed is
NON-playoff series winning owner.

Posted by: caphcky | August 28, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

who says NHL owners don't make money?

Posted by: BAFGA | August 28, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

i think "vice chairman, emeritus" is a good career goal for me. i don't know much about his rise to lucrative wealth, but it appears, unlike most rich folks we hear all too much about, he earned it by being smart and working hard. for that, kudos.

Posted by: pgreene | August 28, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

freakin -- i'm not sure what was said. but knowing GMGM, he didn't give up too mnay clues as to his plans.

Posted by: Tarik | August 28, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

This just in . . . caphcky acquires new title - Legend in His Own Mind.

Posted by: Non Sequitor | August 28, 2007 10:20 PM | Report abuse