Posted at 10:02 AM ET, 12/23/2010

Live Caps Q&A: Today, 12 p.m.

By Katie Carrera

It's time for another live Caps Q&A today at noon. So if you haven't already, submit your questions about the Capitals matchup with the Penguins tonight at Verizon Center, HBO's "24/7" and any other burning inquiries you might have before the league's two-day winter break.

You can submit questions and come back for the chat, here.

By Katie Carrera  | December 23, 2010; 10:02 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Episode 2 of 24/7: There's a lobster in your jacket
Next: Neuvirth gets fourth straight start, will face Penguins for the first time

Comments

@BiggameSyd

When you "live and die" for your hockey team, you take on the city too. Do you have any response to the horrible treatment Dave Parker received at the hands of your fellow fans. It is going to come up again now that "the Hall" voters are looking at Parker.

Don't try and seperate the players and team from the city.

I remember feeeling embarassed for the "east coast" when these details came out in the S.F Chronicle. I was a graduate student at Cal and I had to explain to people what kind of trash lived in Philly and Pitt. Parker was on the "A"s, and glad to be out of the "city of champions."

What you gonna' throw at Syd when his skills decline ?????????????????????????????????????????
Stop hiding Biggame"nut punch", and defend your town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hunterforcoach | December 23, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

It appears as though capscoach put some time into his response regarding my opinion of how the second episode of HBO made the Caps coaching staff and management look bush league. You also managed to jab other posters on how they are negative towards the Caps. That is not the case here. I am a STH and have been for a few years. The Caps have been loaded in talent for years but they lack identity and burning desire (read-GRIT)to win it all. For all of you stats wienies out there, compare the 06/7 Ducks third and fourth lines to our current lines. No comparison. This team is built for speed and scoring, not grit, grind, and defense. Ask any knowledgable hockey fan, scoring puts butt's in the seats but solid team defense puts rings on your fingers.

One more thing. I have been around hockey my whole life and had the pleasure of being associated with coaches from all sports at all levels and one thing rings true. At the professional level, it is more about managing personalities than it is about managing talent. BB clearly has favorites on this team and that does not bode well for a cohesive locker room.

Posted by: SOMDHockeyCoach

How did I "jab" at other posters? And sorry, but what does STH stand for? I try to be respectful on this site and I think that I do a good job overall, esp. compared to some others. All I said was that I agree with GMGM that if people knew as much as they thought they did then the NHL would have hired them by now...that's not rude, it is just an opinion.

I enjoy when people disagree and start a healthy debate. So if you took offense to something I said, just mention it and I will either clarify or apologize.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I have only been able to watch a few Pens games so far this season...what will be the key to beating them?" -capscoach

The key will be to score more goals than they do. =)

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce

Ha Ha SOATI :) got a real answer by chance?

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

BB is out of his league. The Pens are a much more "cUp focused" organization. Once BB leaves the Caps, he will not coach in the NHL. The HBO series really shows him for what he is. I personally like the guy, but he is not going to lead that "Mt. Everest expedition" required to win the cUp.

Posted by: Hunterforcoach | December 23, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

@caps coach

STH = season ticket holder

Posted by: Redwolf1 | December 23, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SOMDHockeyCoach

Ok...now I get that STH is season ticket holder.

Also...have you noticed that scorring has been a bit of a weak point this season? Our GAA is down and actually pretty good..esp if you thrwo out the couple of really bad blowout games(not that you should)

The team is learning (slowly) to play more disciplined hockey that will be better come playoff time...it makes sense then that the top line is struggling so much this season...it is much harder for a player who has won best player of the year and been tops in scoring for most of his career, to change his game...much easier for the grinders and role players.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

"I used to dream about marrying ovie :) "

Nope...not even a little bit creepy.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce

only if I am a dude...which I am not...come on...guys dream all the time about...well not marrying....but "being with" hot superstars all the time :)

Women are held to such a different standard :)

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

neuvy starting tonight....king scratched

Posted by: _stevo | December 23, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Even I am surprised that King is scratched....Pens like to fight!

On the other hand (don't kill me you old time fans)this is an important game for us...I think the players need to focus on the game and solid D...King might be a distraction and pull the focus away from where BB wants it.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

DJK is scratched. We know vermontcaps is furious over this. Vermontcaps hopes the Pens dress their enforcers and pummel the Caps to teach them a lesson that they need DJK in their lineup.

We all know you feel this way vermontcaps, it is fine. Please do not post a ridiculous amount of posts repeating everything you have said for the past month. We know where you stand.

Posted by: sgm3 | December 23, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Katie (twitter) is saying Hendricks is sick and might not play tonight...if he is out could King come in...b/c even I don't think leaving Erskine alone against the Pens is a good idea.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

if hendricks is sick....BB would probably put sloan in at forward and still bench DJK

Posted by: _stevo | December 23, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see King play if he goes after MaxiPad Talbot.

I wonder about Alan May being in the Caps-Pens alumni game. I enjoy his analysis on TV, but he is one angry guy. Any chance he runs Mario?

Posted by: zmega | December 23, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: _stevo | December 23, 2010 11:20 AM

That is blasphemous, Esskay will NOT see a Caps jersey ever again. Take it back.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 23, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

SeminAllOverTheIce:
if it ever happens - esskay should be the first to lift the cup :D

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | December 23, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

@Capt

The Cup would forever be emblazoned with his nacho cheese stained finger print or it would spontaneously explode/turn to ash upon his touch. We cant let this happen.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 23, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

SeminAllOverTheIce:
posssibly. would nylander be a good choice to be handed the cup first?

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | December 23, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I thought Sloan was Esskay. I also though SAOTI like King. now I am confused.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I'm not really worried about Sloan lifting the cup. A team coached by BB will never win it. I don't think Sloan gets another NHL job when he leaves the Caps.

Posted by: chriscaps | December 23, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I thought Sloan was Esskay.

Posted by: capscoach | December 23, 2010 11:44 AM

they are indeed one in the same

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | December 23, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

@capscoach

Esskay is Sloan, hence saying that he would get a jersey over King is Blasphemous. Make sense now?

I got no probs with King.

I also didnt mind Nylander.

@Capt
But you and I both know GMGM would only invite Nylander to the Cup hoisting ceremony only to slap his hands away as he tried to grab for it and then point the press box.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 23, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | December 23, 2010 11:50 AM

i could actually see this happening.
that or just telling him to wait until the cup makes its way through grand rapids.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | December 23, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

@BiggameSyd

I know that you will "troll over" here eventually. Since Ted is paying his "Jagr penance" by retaining GMGM way beyond what is sensible, maybe you can change your name to :BiggameDaveParker

"BiggameDaveParker" as your town's penance for the batteries and "N" slurs you threw at him while he was hitting .290 for you.

Posted by: Hunterforcoach | December 23, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

NOT DRESSING DJK IS MADDNESS !!

TAKE 2 YEARS OFF BRADLEY'S CAREER.

RISK ANOTHER ERSKINE CONCUSION !!

WAY TO GO BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hunterforcoach | December 23, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Hunter,

Brads is out a couple of weeks. Just sayin.

Posted by: Steve_R | December 23, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

IMHO, I think coach BB is way out of his league. Other than yell at his guys to get their effin head out of ther effin rears, or to play hockey, and keep their effin chins up, and eff this and eff that...when did he say a word about strategy? about a 'designed' attack pattern or two? and how to accomplish it? or the need to clear the crease?

Posted by: scmonty1 | December 23, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse