Live Game Chat: Caps at Thrashers

Join Katie Carrera as she watches along on Comcast SportsNet:

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 7, 2009; 6:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tonight's Lineup: Caps at Thrashers
Next: Capitals 4, Thrashers 2

Comments

I'm hoping for:

Ovie with 5 points, Geno with nothing. A big Caps win, a Pens win and a Canadiens win.

GO CAPS! GO VARLY! Hopefully the luck will be better tonight.

Posted by: rachel216 | April 7, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Oh and a Devils loss! :D GO Maple Leafs!

Posted by: rachel216 | April 7, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

@jmu

interesting stuff on hedman....somehow we end up with the lesser brothers of nhl (or future nhl) stars...kronwall/hedman

Posted by: _stevo | April 7, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

rachel: Amen on all counts.

(And before you ask, I can't stream something other than what I'm watching... and I'll be watching the Caps. :))

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

here is the part where I start begging for links...

Posted by: Moose33 | April 7, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

And because I know someone is gonna ask... Joe B is doing the Versus game (DAL/MIN, 8PM ET) tonight.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

_stevo, Indeed. I would be interested in what happened with Oscar. He seems pretty talented.

tominfl, Shoot me an email at jmu.capsgirl at gmail. That list I posted wasn't complete and didn't want to repost it and take up so much space.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 7, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Not sure if it's just the mic placement, but the crowd seems really quiet.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

clicked on caps site for radio feed but get islanders instead?anyone know whats up

Posted by: wendel2 | April 7, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

wendel, WJFK 106.7 FM is doing the game tonight, not the normal WFED 1500 AM.

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Iiiiiiiiit's in the net! :D

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Wendel,
do you have internet?

radio, either 1500 AM or WJFK 106.7

Good luck

Posted by: opita1 | April 7, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Get home late, miss 3 goals.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | April 7, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Davethecapsfan: Well don't be late next time! ;)

Posted by: GregAnnapolis | April 7, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Semin is a genius with that puck.

Posted by: opita1 | April 7, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Semin's forehand to backhand is the best in the league. Wish he would use it in the shootout.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | April 7, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Varly HUGE save.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | April 7, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

MAN...I've tried it twice now...just dont like the chat.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | April 7, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Same Greg =D

Posted by: rachel216 | April 7, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Sensational goaltending by Varlamov in the 2nd period holding us in the game. This is the kind of goaltending we need. When the team has an off period the goalie is there. This is what we haven't gotten from Theo all year.

Posted by: ranndino | April 7, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

Are people who "get home late" aware that the Caps games are on the radio?

Posted by: MKadyman | April 7, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

"get home late" meaning I was at work, no radio there and short ride home.

Ovie hits 200 assists I believe for his career

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | April 7, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Nice game for Flash!

Posted by: MReilly9 | April 7, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Tampa Bay is coming back on the Flyers, now 4-3.

Posted by: MReilly9 | April 7, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Oh Caps fans, you are so quick to criticize the players who have the most responsibility. Remember the bad and not the good, hmm?

Theo has had on games and off games. There are definitely games Theo has stolen for us. There are games that he hasn't stolen, but kept us in it to force overtime (and we lose in the shootout, because we don't score). I remember a ton of times people have said "Theo was the only player on the ice that period." He's very much a hot/cold goaltender and when he's hot, he's worth having in the cage.

I'll agree that I've found myself cursing Theo's name under my breath quite a lot this season, but I also think that Varly's sample size is too small (remember all the Aucoin talk yesterday?). After tonight though, I do feel comfortable depending on Varly if we need him, especially since Johnson's health is in question. Theo's still the guy and here's to hoping seeing Varly do so well pushes him to be even better in these last two games and into the playoffs.

Go Caps!

Posted by: Raber | April 7, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

@ Raber

I would have to disagree. I've watched every single Caps game this year and I can't remember even one which Theo stole. I do remember plenty that he lost for us though. His stats do tell the story. He's near the very bottom in the NHL in goalie stats among goalies who have played a lot and has only one shutout (which my grandma could have gotten as he had absolutely nothing to do in that game). I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who defends Theo does not watch other teams play. You wanna see goalies steal games watch Columbus, Nashville, St.Louis, San Jose, Boston, Calgary, etc. Theo hasn't had one game this season which he stole the way goalies for those teams have done many, many times. It's not gonna happen, but I'd love to see Varlamov as our #1 in the playoffs. I have far more confidence in him. I agree that his NHL sample is quite small, but also like I've mentioned before I watched him excel in the RSL last year at just 19, leading his team to the final.

Posted by: ranndino | April 8, 2009 3:29 AM | Report abuse