Posted at 9:22 AM ET, 02/28/2011

Ask the Caps: Mathieu Perreault answers your questions

By Washington Post Sports Editors

Before leaving for Hershey, Washington Capitals center Mathieu Perreault answered questions submitted by Post readers. The fan favorite, who was reassigned Saturday to the minor league Bears, explains how he got the nickname "little dog" and reveals what he eats before every game.

Check out the video below:

By Washington Post Sports Editors  | February 28, 2011; 9:22 AM ET
Categories:  Mathieu Perreault
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Monday morning must-read: How the Capitals demonstrated the art of the rebuild
Next: On Hockey: As trade deadline nears, Capitals shouldn't be finished yet

Comments

Did anybody ask 85 if he knows to whom he is being traded?

Posted by: pebowers | February 28, 2011 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Any trades yet?

Posted by: guer_j | February 28, 2011 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Hershey Bears Perreault and he may be gone today for good.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | February 28, 2011 9:38 AM | Report abuse

What a day for this guys' segment. I'm hoping he stays but I'm not counting on it.

Posted by: GFisher1 | February 28, 2011 9:47 AM | Report abuse

@tom, I think that Eakin was very close to making it this year, considering he was one of the last cut the team seems to agree. Not every player needs to get some AHL time first. I think that he will be ready at the start of the season to be a #3C. MJ might not put up great offensive numbers but he will help cover up some of the defensive mistakes that his wingers will make especially if he is with Semin.

Also TSNBobMcKenzie LAK Justin Williams signs a four year deal worth $14.6M .

Posted by: icehammer97 | February 28, 2011 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Another new thread

Posted by: icehammer97 | February 28, 2011 10:02 AM | Report abuse

So Richards says only NYR - that would be really brutal for us. Richards makes that team a contender IMO.

Posted by: underpants2 | February 28, 2011 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Cest La Vie!

Posted by: Bricucci1 | February 28, 2011 10:30 AM | Report abuse

@GFisher1:

I, too question Katie's timing in posting this now. Though I miss Tarik's work, I have been among those arguing to cut KC some slack.

However, this--and all the posts ending in "What do you think" without an accompanying electronic poll--seem to bespeak journalistic laziness.

It almost seems as though the thought process went something like this:

"I probably shouldn't run this with MP sent down to Hershey and possibly being traded/waived at any moment."

"But the fans are clamoring for any news at all with the trade deadline fast approaching. I already have this basically ready, so I'll just tweak this a bit, throw it out there, and voilá!...I'm done for the day or until GMGM says something."

Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong.

Posted by: Rhino40 | February 28, 2011 11:08 AM | Report abuse