Mike Wise: Unleash the Fury

Mike Wise is just happy he saw such an incredible, season-saving Game 6 tonight at Mellon Arena. What did you think of the game, and who will win the decisive No. 7 Wednesday night at the Phone Booth? Watch Mike's video and record a response:

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  May 12, 2009; 1:14 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Scuderi: 'Varlamov Is Unbelievable Right Now'
Next: Morning Reading List: Caps Live to Play Another Day

Comments

I agree. Caps 4, Pens 1. Ovie scores 2, Green and Backs. Go CAPS!

Posted by: CAP-lanta | May 12, 2009 1:19 AM | Report abuse

Mike Green is done. Just face it, he just wilts under the playoff pressure.

Predction: Penguins 4, Caps 2

Posted by: SC87 | May 12, 2009 1:20 AM | Report abuse

Another prediction: refs get frustrated because they want to call more penalties on the Caps - but we just play too damn awesome for that to happen...

Posted by: CAP-lanta | May 12, 2009 1:22 AM | Report abuse

Joe B. reported on his blog that if Scuderi's shot that hit the crossbar had gone in the refs would've washed it out due to interference on Varly.

Which is good to know.

I Don't make predictions, I'm too superstitious.

Posted by: Osfan092589 | May 12, 2009 1:24 AM | Report abuse

Turn up the crazy, Wise! You're holding back on those videos. You've got to ramp it up for the playoffs!!

If I were weather.com, I'd say a 20% chance of Caps blowing out the Pens. Otherwise, a coin toss.

Posted by: VladG | May 12, 2009 1:35 AM | Report abuse

@CAP-lanta

as much as i'd love the caps to blow out the pens in game 7, i just can't see that happening. i don't think either team will run away with this one, they're both too good.

Posted by: nwilson2 | May 12, 2009 1:37 AM | Report abuse

i'll tell you though, if the Caps do blow out the pens for game 7, i'll be going on a celebratory bender-of-all-benders!

Posted by: nwilson2 | May 12, 2009 1:38 AM | Report abuse

3-0...and MAF to the bench after 12:20 and 7 SOG
4-1 after 1
6-2 after 2
7-4 FINAL Caps Win
_______________________________________

Posted by: Political_Stratgst | May 12, 2009 1:46 AM | Report abuse

Missed the new post, so I'll say it again.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday night when, win or lose, SC87 will stop posting on the blog.

Posted by: Raber | May 12, 2009 1:51 AM | Report abuse

@SC87
In your other posts you asked how VS was to watch because you didnt get it...That being said, if you dont have the knowledge of the chanel how can you say all those things about Joe B??? Do you get comcast? If not where do you hear all those "homer calls"??? Tonight was the first time i have ever heard him complain about the officals, how about you? I want you to see this buddy...

Posted by: Boomer80 | May 12, 2009 1:56 AM | Report abuse

@Raber

couldn't agree more. what a friggin' d-bag.

Posted by: nwilson2 | May 12, 2009 2:12 AM | Report abuse

SC - how's Ray Emery doing? Does Ottawa want the Wizards? Seems they have a lot in common with the Senators.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | May 12, 2009 2:30 AM | Report abuse

SC87 will be around next series as well. Just in a different name. some of us have him figured out. He is a long long time member in here, he just changes names more times then his underwear.

Cheef,Windjammer,SC1908,SC87.....what other handle have I forgotten??

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | May 12, 2009 2:53 AM | Report abuse

so i was way off on my prediction that the caps had no chance in game 6. Never felt so good being so wrong.

Posted by: SFcapsfan | May 12, 2009 3:24 AM | Report abuse

@SC87: He's the way he is because he didn't get enough love as a child. So he's grown to be this person whose sole purpose in life is poop around on the Capitals. I remember back when he wasn't on his medication and was lazy with his pot shots at the Capitals and most specifically Semin. So we've got him back on his meds and his comments are rather sedate but focused on another player and oh my, GMGM.

SC87: You'll note that the Capitals have a way of pulling out miracles out of puff pieces that are the Pittsburgh Penguins. Denial is such an ugly look for you, SC87. The truth will set you free, my brother. *snicker*

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | May 12, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

LOL this girl who posted a video has no idea what she's talking about.

Oh and to whoever asked, I see Joe B. all the time on Centre Ice (broadcasts Comcast). Him and Lacher are terrible.

Posted by: SC87 | May 12, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

For the record though, I honestly can say that I have only ever been SC87 on this site. I am not any other person (Cheef and all those other people you mentioned)

Posted by: SC87 | May 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Wait, SC87 how do I not know what I'm talking about? I don't think any of the things I said ventured outside of opinions. Plus it was like 2 AM haha

Posted by: Ovechwin | May 12, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Ovechwin, Randinho, Jesse, et al. -- A real quick thank you for your video posts. Obviously you open yourself up for criticism when you show your face and voice your opinion, but I can't tell you how much we appreciate all of you being interactive. It's really been a bonus feature and at times educational for me. (Tarik El-Bashir can't teach me everything about hockey).

And to you people who couldn't post, no worries. We appreciate the feedback -- even the ones calling for my expulsion from the puckhead world. I still have problems with the anonymous world of keyboard-courage people who obliterate the bounds of taste and etiquette. But that's my issue not yours.

Again, thanks.