Morning Reading List

The game many of you have been waiting for is here as the Flyers visit Verizon Center for the first time since ending the Capitals' season in Game 7 of last year's Eastern Conference quarterfinals. Slowly but surely Philadelphia seems to have supplanted many of the Washington's other rivals in the conference, agitating their way to enemy No. 1 status for these Capitals.

*Rivalries aside though, as Coach Bruce Boudreau said yesterday the Capitals will finish tonight's game either with a three- or seven-point lead over the Flyers in the Eastern Conference standings.

*Update:In his latest blog entry, Pierre LeBrun discusses the Caps/Flyers game, along with several things Nicklas Backstrom related, including the young center's phone etiquette.

*If you weren't able to catch Boudreau on Washington Post Live yesterday here are both parts of his time on the show.

*Another set of mid-season awards, this time from the Toronto Sun, with mentions of Alex Ovechkin and Boudreau.

*There was mention of this after Saturday's game against the Rangers, but for all the men reading the blog expect to find some more, artwork waiting for you in the Verizon Center restrooms tonight.

Flyers Cliff notes:
*Philadelphia wraps up a six-game road trip tonight and in its last outing lost a 2-1 shootout to Los Angeles.

*The Flyers are facing an onslaught of injuries right now. Joffrey Lupul (abdominal pull), goalie Antero Niittymaki (groin pull) will not play tonight, while Simon Gagne (shoulder), Asham (knee), Darroll Powe (hip) and Josh Gratton (abdominal pull) are all questionable.

*Because of the injury woes, Philadelphia called up goaltender Scott Munroe and forward Andreas Nodl from the Phantoms.

*Daniel Briere (groin) is expected to return to the Flyers' lineup sometime soon, prompting the discussion of possible trades Philadelphia could make here...but scroll down: "We have to be ready," Mike Richards said of tonight's game. "We kind of took it to them last time, and we have to understand they're going to be gunning for us."

In the system:
*Mike Vogel talks about the instant surge of Alexandre Giroux -- who was named the AHL player of the week after recording nine points in the only two games he played in during said week -- following his demotion from the Capitals on Saturday, and suggests "maybe food and sleep are overrated."

*The Stingrays acquired Mike Curry from the Alaska Aces and sign Spencer Carberry.

*The WHL's trade deadline is this week and apparently a few teams are trying to acquire Caps prospect Joel Broda from the Moose Jaw Warriors.

By Katie Carrera  |  January 6, 2009; 7:57 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Monday Morning Update
Next: Morning Skate Update (Update)

Comments

There's a game tonight?

Posted by: Section117 | January 6, 2009 8:12 AM | Report abuse

The SECOND that Philly steps on the ice I hope a Rockin' Phone Booth crowd let's them hear it!

Go CAPS!

Posted by: Section303 | January 6, 2009 8:22 AM | Report abuse

@117: You crack me up. :D

The weather's supposed to be pretty bad tonight, but this is a big game. I expect the die-hards to show up and be loud and in force. The casual fans. maybe not so much.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Also, uh...Richards? You don't have Niittymaki to save your arses this time.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

I've already deemed tomorrow a post Philly game holiday. No work for me! The pix in the urinal are hilarious. I saw them on Saturday and saw the story in the Post. If "N.." is a blogger here, you're the man (or woman).

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Is it certain that there will not be a Versus blackout? Seems to me every game that fell on a Tuesday up to this point was blacked out.

I hope we beat these chumps up and BLOW THEM OUT!!! We do owe them...

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

another thing, we actualy pretty much have the team back now...cant wait for this game

Posted by: bearsfan26 | January 6, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I hope flash is back!

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

@ WTF_Fehr - No it's not a blackout.

Posted by: The_Spear | January 6, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

@Tarik

Way to get things fired up this morning.

Lets not forget that we threw plastic bottles at the Flyers and Jeff Carter after game 7. We have to remember that we should have more class then that.

LETS GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

We'd better be roaring. And, I mean US, the fans. Let's rattle the Phone Booth tonight.

Posted by: DCwho | January 6, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I'll love a blowout but I'd be ecstatic with a 1-0 win. Ecstatic.

Posted by: saintex | January 6, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

man do i ever hate philly

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

on a sidenote the pens looked good last night

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHA, yeah the Pens did look good. OV and Backy didn't lose any ground in the scoring race. Therrien's days have to be numbered.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Here's a great story/blog entry about Ovi...from Buffalo. Go figure.

Posted by: saintex | January 6, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Man, I am glad the Caps aren't in the basement right now because if that kid from Team Canada (Tavares) is looking like the number 1 overall pick, there has to be slim pickens'. He's OK, but he isn't even in the same class as what has come out in the last few years. Compared to OV, Backstrom, Kane, Toews, and yes even Malkin and Cindy, Tavares doesn't compare with any of them as rookies. This year's preseason pick to be rookie of the year, Stamkos, is choking and looks very average out there.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Wear Red. We NEED the full red-out tonight

Posted by: shepkillion | January 6, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Whatever happens, we MUST drown out any Philly fans tonight... as well as drown them in the urinals of course. Tonight we show why Verizon is the toughest place in the East to play - be sure to Rock the Red!

Posted by: Roose | January 6, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I think Semin is due for a big night tonight. This time with goals, not beatin the ol bongos

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | January 6, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I love the way Clark's been mixing it up lately. With the scoring around him we don't need 30 goal seasons from him anymore, but we definitely need his grit and leadership.

Posted by: jay-17 | January 6, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Hey saintex, that was a great story, but if I saw another "OMG!!!!!" or any craziness like that I was going to throw up

Posted by: superpaqman | January 6, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

@superpaqman

I should have issued that warning on the OMGs. Sometimes you have to ignore that stuff to get to the story.

Posted by: saintex | January 6, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

With the Pens losing 4-0 to the lately struggling Rangers, they are still out of the playoff picture. Too bad their fans can't vote them in -- hahahahahahaha

Posted by: JIMALLCAPS | January 6, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

@fanohock1: Stamkos' problem is that he really needed some time in the minors. I think with a couple of years in the minors he would have been fine.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

@ fanohock1:

I think it's a fairly safe assumption that "N..." is a dude. I'm guessing a woman tossing pictures into urinals would have drawn a lot more attention a whole lot sooner ;-)

Posted by: RicketyCricket | January 6, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

@jay-17

I sure dont want Clark to get TAGGED like he has in recent fights. He doesnt have to do that to help the team, his last fight was actually deflating.

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

@ fanohock1

You need to remember that these prospects are teenagers. They develop at different times. From all accounts Tavares is a blue chip "prospect". He has done things in the little league ranks that only Gretzky has done. That also comes with an enormous amout of pressure with it. Different people hadle pressure in different ways. He had a awesume number in the tourney.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | January 6, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

@JIMALLCAPS: I want to see Semin's cartoon. :D And I want to see it at least three times.

I just wish I could get rid of my nasty feeling about tonight.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Here's a ling to Georges Laraques blog...he mentions Brashear as the toughest guy in the East....

Posted by: sj9096 | January 6, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

@WTF_Fehr

There are no more Versus blackouts of Caps games this season.

Versus can either pick Monday or Tuesday as the blackout day. This week Versus picked Monday as the blackout day to carry the Rangers 4-0 beat down of the Pens. The game is on CSN (in HD if you have it) tonight.

I'm so psyched for the game tonight. Lets go CAPS!

Posted by: AMHV2772 | January 6, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

@kittypawz and Capsfannmiss: I agree with both of you. OV played an extra year in Russia and Backstrom in the Swedish league. Stamkos would have definitely benefitted from a year in Norfolk. Still glad we are a couple years removed from the re-build. We definitely sucked when their were good picks out there. Says a lot for GMGM and the scouting staff he has put in place as well.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Let's try to be at least somewhat louder than the DB flyer fans tonight!

Ph Philly

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Is this going to be televised? It would be a true crime for it not to be, honestly.

Rock the Red tonight whoever can make it out!

Posted by: TheVampireCorndog | January 6, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Ah, thanks for that post AMHV, didn't see it before I posted.

I am now quite happy, because I'm doing my sister a favor, and still get to watch the game at the same time.

Posted by: TheVampireCorndog | January 6, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Stamkos in Norfolk would be hilarious. David Koci is the type of player that they eat up down there..

Posted by: _jordan | January 6, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

People, no more blackouts from here on out. We only had two, you know. And you can check the broadcast schedule on the Caps' website under schedule. The NHL.com has something similiar, you can see the broadcast status of all the teams.

Posted by: koalatek | January 6, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

The game will be televised, but the only TV I will be watching tonight is the Jumbotron over center ice. If I remember correctly the remaining Caps games will be televised. The Caps schedule on their website identifies TV coverage. Verizon is going to be friggin' crazy tonight. This feels like a playoff game!

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Woohoo! I just got tickets from a friend... sec 422 Row M. So I'm way up high. How is the view from up there?

Also, for those that are wondering, it looks like it will be Comcast Sportsnet tonight, while the Wild @ Bruins will be on VS.

Posted by: jordo1 | January 6, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Yes game is on Comcast - same time as when they play it.

VS has Minn vs Bruins.

Game will not be blacked out. Caps games will not be blacked out the rest of the season.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

There is nothing wrong with throwing non-harmful items at Flyers players, coaches and fans (no glass bottles, knives, bullets; throwing 'whiz' is encouraged, as are horse meat, jarred peppers, and feces). We must remember to give as good as we get. Lets not forget our Christmas spirit, even if the yuletide's behind us. It's what makes us better than them.

Posted by: oo7 | January 6, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Hey everyone, another Caps story just caught my attention. Pierre LeBrun's latest blog focuses on tonight's game and Nicklas Backstrom:

The link has been added to the post as well.

Posted by: Katie Carrera | January 6, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Tarik, how about a little recognition to Russ Thaler for a great interview.

Posted by: opita | January 6, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

@ jordo1

422 Row M is decent. Since you are high up you can see the whole ice, and have good view of plays developing. I think you are low enough to avoid this, but you may not be able to see all of the very far opposite corner of the ice as the bottom of the new jumbotron is in the way. It is only a very small portion though, and I think M is low enough to avoid it. The only problem you might run into is the angle. At 45 degrees off the goal (when they are shooting at your end) it is hard to tell which shots are on target and which aren't until they hit the glass or the twine.

Details aside, any seat in the building tonight is a good one because the stadium is going to be rocking!

GO CAPS!

Posted by: AMHV2772 | January 6, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

from TSN rankings:

"The Caps have won 11 of 12 and, more importantly, are in much better health with Alexander Semin and Mike Green back in action. Caps fans may not like it -- and judging by my holiday inbox they didn't -- but Washington is better with their third and fourth-leading scorers in the lineup."

Apparently, I was one of the many that sent Cullen a WTF email. Lower than Minnesota who was ranked 10th in the western standings? I don't bloody well think so.

Posted by: oo7 | January 6, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Sadly, I'm in class tonight until 8:45 ... I'll be out in time to catch the third period. :I

Posted by: Cerealman | January 6, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Is Brashear playing tonight?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to be the Loudest person in 109 tonight, and that's that. I hope some of you will join me in an "M-V-P!" salute the moment our favorite non-starting all-star takes the ice.

Posted by: redlineblue | January 6, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I have this feeling Semin is going to score 3+ goals tonight... just a feeling...

Posted by: _828 | January 6, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

@saintex - Wow. And people are suggesting Sidney CROSBY for the Lady Byng trophy??! We need to get that story to the people who vote on that thing. Alex Ovechkin is a superb specimen of humanity, and totally deserves honors for his behavior.

And what gets me is, he DOES stuff like this. All the TIME! Here's just a handful of examples:

On the ice, he passed to Backstrom rather than taking the goal himself.

He *APOLOGIZED* when he couldn't pass to Laich to get him the hat trick because a defender was in the way.

When one of our Hershey boys was on his way to scoring his first goal, and Alex was right in front of the net, he TURNED HIS STICK ASIDE to let the kid's goal go through untouched.

He sat outside Tampa Bay's dressing room after his hit on Heward, wearing nothing but a towel, waiting for word on his friend.

And people are considering Sidney "Cheap Shot" Crosby for the Lady Byng award.

People are stupid.

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

redlineblue: I'll go in for that. I think we need to show Ovi some extra-special love tonight, because he is all that and he deserves it for being snubbed by Pens fans (who at this point have got to be jealous).

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Can we put a bounty out on Hartnell?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

@Irock

People suck.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

i hope i run into the philly fan that sat next to me when we lost 7-1 in philly....typical philly garbage telling me Ovie was a born loser and that he would rather have Mike richards or Jeff carter than Ovie

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I didnt watch the whole game but I got the impression that de la Rovere went a little "Sean Avery" against Sweden last night and lost some ice time because of it. Anyone have any impressions of him?

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Re: M-V-P - Given that Philthy will boo every time Alex touches the puck, I would like to drown their sorry arsenic and old lace out. We need to cheer him every time they jeer him. And that goes for all of our guys.

LET'S DO IT!!!

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I hate the Flyers too but can we please refrain from 'counter yelling' Flyers Suck everytime they start their chant? We sound like a bunch of idiots. Can we not just answer back Let's go Caps?

Posted by: KAS2 | January 6, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

@_stevo

Classic homerism by the jerks in Philly. Anyone who actualy can sit there and say they want Richards or Carter over Ovie has no brain in their head That's laughable... Simply a case of jealousy on their part. It's easier to say that than admit he is better than your player... which he is of course.

Posted by: Roose | January 6, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

@KAS2 - That works for me. I'm all for positive reinforcement for our guys over negative reinforcement for the other guys... it works better anyway. :-)

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

@oo7:

The thing about the TSN rankings is that it's not decided by Cullen or other reporters there. Read the text at the end of the second page of the rankings. They take the player rankings of those CURRENTLY playing (ie, not injured) and rates the teams based on the top 12 forwards, 6 d-men and goalie. Since so many of the Caps were Hershey call-ups, they were mostly unknown and had poor player rankings because of it. Thus when guys like Semin and Green are out, the rankings plummet. When they're in, it shoots back up (like from 14 back up to 5 this week).

IMO, it's a goofy way to do it and makes the ratings very volatile. To me, it's shown that the Caps are better than the sum of their parts, which is a good thing.

Posted by: kenjabi | January 6, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

exactly, I just laughed at his comments and I think it pissed him off more

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

@_828: I'll make sure to bring a hat. Just in case.

We need to be loud, proud, and wearing red tonight - remember that our boys cannot see the Capitals logo on your blue jacket, but they can see the stands full of red.

But, don't be classless. Bottles on the ice are not cool. The Pee-Pics are funny but push the edge. No throwing things unless it's a hat onto the ice to celebrate Semin's (or Ovi's or whoever else's) hat trick. No beating up Flyers fans. We are a classy organization with classy players - they deserve classy fans. We can be loud and proud and support our team without being dillholes. Capiche?

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

KAS2,

But the Flyers do suck.....

Posted by: Steve_R | January 6, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

but the flyers picture in the urinals is just plain too funny to not have

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

@kittypawz

urinal pictures yes, but everything else agreed

"you stay classy DC"

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

@kittypawz

Well said - we can be loud and Rock the Red without dropping to the sewer level of the Philly fans. Throwing things is not cool and reflects badly on the whole organization and the city. Just bring the roof down with the noise...

"No one... comes into our house... and pushes us around."

"This is YOUR time... now go out there and take it!"

Posted by: Roose | January 6, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

@saintex: What a great link. Anyone else think Ovechkin deserves to be nominated for the Lady Byng?

The fact is that the Caps do not get a lot of press. Pierre LeBrun and NHL Outsider both commented on this recently - look at OFB's latest entry. We're second in the Eastern Conference, and not many have noticed because everyone's oohing and aahing over the Bruins (who to be sure are all that and a fat bag of chips this year). What's more, we're doing it with an injury list from hell. We're kind of flying under the radar, and for my part, that's how I like it. But I can't think that that will continue for much longer.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Looking Ahead: Real Good News (update)

The last 21 games of the season the Caps schedule includes:

13 games against division foe
4 against Atlanta
3 against Tampa
3 against Florida
3 against carolina (2 at home)

2 games against the Maple Leafs

1 against the Bruins (A)
1 against the Penguins (H)
1 against the Flyers (A)
1 against the Predators (A)
1 against the Sabers (H)
1 against the Islanders (A)

Looking good for the stretch run...

GMGM and Coach need to encourage ample time off for our injured to get healthy. No need to rush Feds back.

Posted by: windjammersouth | January 6, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

@steve R
Actually the Flyers don't suck, they have a very good team. If they suck, then we suck too because they crushed us 7-1.

Posted by: KAS2 | January 6, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm not understanding the moms here telling us not to throw plastic bottles, not to boo, etc. The Flyers are the enemy.

Posted by: ralph4100 | January 6, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Throwing bottles is bush league. That should make it clear. Boo the Flyers all night long, and loudly.

Posted by: saintex | January 6, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

There was a story last season about AO and a girl - she was going into surgery soon or something. After a game and after signing autographs he met with her and talked with her for like an hour totally zoning out the dad and PR guy there. It was all about her.

I looked for the link for the story - it was posted here - but I can't find it anywhere.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 6, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

@windjammersouth:
i almost have 'Looking Ahead' memorized - thanks.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Our boys aren't flying under the radar anymore. The road attendance for our Caps proves that. The only think that is surprising teams IMHO is that the Caps continued to win with marginal goaltending and a line-up full of minor league players. Now the rest of the NHL is watching for the Caps because the goaltending is starting to look solid and we are getting players back. The team that is worrying me in the East that is flying below the radar is New Jersey because many, including me, thought they would fall apart without Brodeur.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Philly is a very good team, and a dangerous team.

They are 2-2-1 on their road trip but could easily be 3-1-1. I was reading that their 1st game of the trip was dec 26th. Because of the CBA they cant travel on Dec 25th. They had to go to Chicago, day of game. Got delayed, had to fly into Midway when all the equipment trucks were waiting at Ohare. They didnt get a morning skate in. Had 2 days off of no skating. Tried to fly to columbus but got delayed and again, no skate. Although this is the last game of their trip, they flew home after the LA game and practiced there. So its nothing more than a typical away game for them.

They finally got some practice time and came out won the next 2 games and should've beat the Kings badly but Quick is..well quick as they say.

this is going to be a real good game! 7-1 was a bit of a fluke and im not saying the caps should've won that game because we were terrible defensively. But this is gonna be a good one.
Hopefully Philly has a full lineup. Games are better that way.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Throwing anything other then a hat on the on the ice to acknowledge a hat trick is disrepectful and it makes the organization look bad. We're not Philly fans. I don't think anyone in this thread mentioned anything about not booing; boo 'till your hearts content.
Although, I wouldn't mind one of our boys take a run @ Biron as pay back for the playoffs; I'll take those 2 minutes.

Posted by: KAS2 | January 6, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I am however, totally shocked that NHL.com didn't really make much of the Caps winning despite the injuries, and key injuries at that. Says a lot about BB''s ability to coach, OV and a few others for their ability to put the team on their back, our AHLers ability to come up and fill important holes, and last but not least displayed GMGM "plan" at work down to the AA level in South Carolina.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

lineups? practice updates?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

cool man. It's good news. With the daily increase of newbies coming on board I just want to make sure that they are aware of the really good news coming down the road.

BTW -- speaking of going down the road the Grateful Dead is back (minus their front man but who cares life is short enjoy the ride)!

Posted by: windjammersouth | January 6, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

KAS2,

You must be new around here. Regardless of record, as a fact of life, the Flyers do and always will inherently suck.

Posted by: jec4p | January 6, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

@ KA

I wouldnt take those 2 minutes..not when Philly has the 2nd ranked PP

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

All NHL teams are good, but the Flyers Suck!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

KAS2,

Don't be too literal there bubba.

Posted by: Steve_R | January 6, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

@ralph4100 - It isn't just "moms" telling you not to throw bottles, and the fact I'm saying not to do it has nothing to do with my status in that regard.

THROWING BOTTLES - glass or plastic - IS ASSAULT.

I watched several Rags fans thrown out of the arena on their ears for doing so, and they are fortunate they weren't arrested.

DO NOT THROW BOTTLES.

DO NOT THROW ANYTHING BUT HATS, AND THOSE ONLY WHEN APPROPRIATE.

We don't need our OWN fans getting escorted out of the arena for arse-haberdashery!

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

new thread

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

I did see our prospect, Della Rovere, a few times. I didn't catch last night's game but am not surprised to hear him compared to Avery. I honestly expected more because I thought he was selected as an OHL player of the month not too long ago. He was a dirty player in my opinion and I was not impressed at all.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

No not new; ususally don't have a lot to say. Although I did see on a posting the other day that stated Semin was a sissy and as much as I agree that he should NEVER EVER fight again, I don't think he's a sissy.
I'm excited for the game. It'll be a good one. We have a lot to prove and being on home ice is as good a place as any to make our point.
I watch a lot of games on center ice and when tuning into a Nashville game they do a lot of 'you suck' type chanting and it just sounds so silly. I just don't like it. That the reason they changed the music played after we score a goal; to get rid of that 'you suck' chant.

Posted by: KAS2 | January 6, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse