Morning Reading List

64c73c3a-4782-4629-abf8-9cf61410411a.jpg
Chris O'Meara--The Associated Press

*Tarik examines the recent success of Eric Fehr, who has nine points in his past eight games and may finally be breaking out the way the Capitals have been hoping he would in the NHL. Also mentioned in the story is how the line of Tomas Fleischmann, Sergei Fedorov and Fehr have gelled so quickly.

*That line combination, however, is without a name. They've been called "The F Line" which Bruce Boudreau deems unacceptable, Mike Vogel and Brett Leonhardt opt for "F-Street".

So, we can't help but ask, do you have a better name for the Fleischmann-Fedorov-Fehr line? Put your (PG-rated) suggestions in the comments and we'll have a poll with the potential names later in the day.

*USA Today's Kevin Allen takes a new look at Mike Green amid his rapid rise to the forefront of Norris Trophy and Olympic team conversations.

*Speaking of Green, the defenseman declined a request from the Hockey Hall of Fame to have the stick that he used to score all of the goals during his eight-game streak enshrined in Toronto.

*Both the Montreal Gazette and Green's hometown Calgary Herald also featured the record-breaking defenseman this morning.

*Several Caps players visited the Children's National Medical Center yesterday, and the Caps 365 crew brings you a video of their trip.

*Colleague Corey Masisak examines what could be the end of Olie Kolzig's career.

*The Hockey News' Rory Boylen believes the Caps-Flyers rivalry is worth watching.

*Steve Kolbe's Take 5 features Tom Poti this week.

*Some more Olympic fodder for your consumption from NHL.com on the Russians and Swedes.

Canadiens Cliff notes:
*In case you missed it yesterday Alexei Kovalev (Globe and Mail) was given an impromptu leave of absence (Montreal Gazette) and will not be among the Canadiens who take on the Caps tonight at Verizon Center.

*Sergei Kostitsyn was demoted to AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs and Gregory Stewart was recalled.

*Much has been written about the slumping Canadiens, who have lost 10 of their past 13 games, but did Montreal GM Bob Gainey make the right decision?

In the system:
*After losing eight weeks of the season to a concussion, Jay Beagle hardly expected to make his NHL debut with the Caps this past weekend.

*Hershey visits Rochester and then hosts Philadelphia at home on Saturday, here's Bear Tracks for a jump start on the weekend.

*The Bears say they don't mind a tight race with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, who have cut Hershey's East Division lead to just three points.

*Bears assistant coach Mark French added to his family "roster" yesterday as his wife gave birth to the couple's second child.

By Katie Carrera  |  February 18, 2009; 7:41 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kovalev Sent Home
Next: Wednesday Morning Update

Comments

Bugger. JMU, Dave, Kirk and Hockeypope - responded to all of you on the previous. :-/

Posted by: --Boo-- | February 18, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

"I think I can be right in the mix with guys like Ryan Getzlaf [of Anaheim] and [Philadelphia's] Jeff Carter and Mike Richards."

Hope Fehr's right, but thankfully Getzlaf/Carter/Richards money is at least a contract away.

Posted by: Section117 | February 18, 2009 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Boo,
As I did to you.

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

We play the Pens on Sunday and its a national broadcast on NBC. Someone needs to make an NBC sign for... guess who.

Nothing
But a
Crybaby

Also an "I'm an idiot" sign to hold up behind Mike Milbury as he does his little reports from ice level would be nice. Don't forget he called us the "Crapitals" and called Ovie a dog, to which Ovie's response was classic. Ovie said that if he is a dog, then Milbury is a cat. Ovie stopped just short of calling him a pussy cat, if you catch his drift.

Posted by: griz0615 | February 18, 2009 8:11 AM | Report abuse

New thread bite. :P Gotta love it. Morning Boo.

Congrats to Mark French on another spawn!

Lots to read - I'll probably be snatching 5 here and there all day to get through this. Thanks, Katie :)

Canadien freak-out notwithstanding, they're no joke and this won't be a cakewalk. Per JP, three of our four home losses came our first day back from a road trip. This has all the makings of a trap for us - let's come out flying hard.

The Flyers fans don't agree that Caps/Flyers is really a rivalry. Like I said, okay, I'm up for making you see the light by pounding your playoff rumps into the ground a few dozen times.

I'll buy the F-Street moniker. Can't come up with a better - I'd been calling them F3.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 8:11 AM | Report abuse

Oh, by the way folks ... I meant to mention. I suggest being late enough to the March 3rd game to miss the National Anthem. I'll leave my comments on the sing-off at that.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 8:01 AM

meeeeaaoowwww kitty, put those claws away!

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 8:13 AM | Report abuse

First off...Many Very Happy Congrats to Mr. French's Family.

For the F-Line how about going in another direction and using first initials...the "S.E.T.-up" line.

Posted by: caryh | February 18, 2009 8:13 AM | Report abuse

@griz: Nah. "I'm an idiot" isn't descriptive enough. The sign should read Pussy (Cat) and have an arrow pointing to Milbury's head.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be a hoot for the Penguin brass to trade for Kove. It would be like Jerry Jones trading all his 2009 draft picks to Detroit for Roy Williams or Minnesota Vikings trading for Hershel Walker. Anyway i suspect the lowly Pens are going to further sink themselves in due time. If I were GM of the Pens I would trade Sidney in a heart beat for the right package.

Puck moving defenseman coming to town Zoo! The news keeps getting better.

Posted by: windjammersouth | February 18, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

How about "The F Troopers?"

That works for PG-13 since I remember watching a TV show with that name.

Then you can say Fedorov is "captain of the F Troopers" and that Flash and Fehr are his "lieutenants."

Schultz could be listed as an honorary "sergeant" of the Troop due to that being one of his nicknames anyway.

Item #2. I still say Nylander for Kovalev makes lots of sense --- if the four Russians we already have approve. Kovy is UFA after this year, so you get the cap money open for next year to pursue someone like Komisarek (the rugged D-man most agree we need). And the Habs get someone for a player they were going to lose for nothing.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 18, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Re: F-Street - I LIKE! :-) F-Street it is. They're quite good at carving boulevards down the ice, after all.

Good on Green for declining to give up his stick, especially if it's still in good working order. Unlike certain other Caps who shall remain *ahem* Ovi *ahem*, Green seems to be nice to his equipment. May he score many, many more goals with that stick!

Posted by: irockthered | February 18, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Its too long as a line name but something that describes that line could be:

F - Finally
F - Found
F - Friends

Poor I know.

Lets hope Eric continues his scoring streak tonight. If he does, there needs to be a shout of "Unleash the Fehr-y"

Ok, ok, I'll go!

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

UKDave:
Wow ... your FFF is a bit sad and lonely ... are you sure you don't live in your grandma's basement playing video games all day? ;-) But unleash the Fehr-y? I dig it!! :-D

Mornin' Kitty. Goin' to the game?

Posted by: --Boo-- | February 18, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

@tominfl1 - The show was "F-Troop" (not "F-Troopers), which seems like a good, stylishly-retro name -- the F-Troop!

Posted by: rbpalmer | February 18, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

How about F-Troop???

LETS GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: Capitals32 | February 18, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

i didn't even see your post rbpalmer, but i think we are on the same page...F-Troop!!!

Posted by: Capitals32 | February 18, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

So who won the sing-off? Anyone we "know"?

Dave:
Just read your response on the previous. That's funny! Silly Brit. ;-)

Posted by: --Boo-- | February 18, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

How about The F SET line?

Posted by: capfan89 | February 18, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Boo,
The Finally Found Friends was more a comment on BB constant chopping and changing of lines and how Fehr has flourished since having settled line mates than me getting to speak to people outside of my basement.....

Maybe "Unleash the Fehr-y" on tshirts for the playoffs?

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

I second (or third) F Troop. F Street's OK.

Posted by: erniefive | February 18, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

The spanish word for "the bosses" is "los jefes" which has silent "j", like in jogging.

So "the F-ehs"

But F-Street is legit.

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

I will throw this one out as well -

The FRED line! (F+RED)

Posted by: capfan89 | February 18, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I'm a fan of combining last names. LA occasionally rolls out O'Brownitar, why can't we have Flehrdorov?

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

@Boo: Better believe it :) I'll be there, loud and proud. Sadly, my Backstrom jersey had an unfortunate encounter with Chinese food and I am still trying to get the stain out. Maybe this is the excuse I've been looking for to get that away jersey.

I'm still debating who I want on my away jersey. I'm still kind of tempted by 80/Leonhardt, just as a conversation piece, but there are other options. 16/Fehr is looking more and more interesting. I don't want something that everyone has (not interested in 8/Ovechkin). Already have Backstrom, not really into Semin or Green. Other ideas?

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hubcop84 | February 18, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

"Goal FEST"
"FNA Line"

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

The F-Bombers!

Posted by: hubcop84 | February 18, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Definitely NO on "Unleash the Fehr-y"

Sounds like unleash the fairy, as if tinkerbell was going to swoop down onto the ice and sprinkle her magical fairy dust on the opposition.

Posted by: CapManJ | February 18, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

As a fowl mouthed person myself, I have to get behind F Bombers.

Also, Flehrdorov.

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

haha foul, not fowl.. wowza.

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I like F St. I originally wanted "The Detention Line" since there is no grade-point average on that line.

Posted by: saintex | February 18, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

FFF - Five For Fighting

Posted by: Bagher | February 18, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

CapManJ,

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

The Montreal fans cursed the team by cheating on the votes. boohoo.

Posted by: MNMNT | February 18, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

If they were to go in a not-too-kid-friendly direction....I agree with F- Bombers or F-bomb....we need to drop the f-bomb on that team.....I mean, they already have the SOB line...

F Train? The FFFury line...or FFForce line....works better on paper...

Go Caps!

Posted by: The_Stanley_Caps | February 18, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

The F-SET

S-Sergei
E-Eric
T-Tomas

Posted by: cassini | February 18, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

The F Factor

Posted by: ovisgod | February 18, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I am ok with "F Street" for the time being.

Strongly against the "Unleash the Fehr-y" idea. Did I miss us trading for Wendel Clark?? ;)

Posted by: BDeegan | February 18, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

No, but we had his brother for a while.

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

F-Troop

I used to love that show as a kid.

Posted by: walt6812 | February 18, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

@JSchon: I love the FNA line, though I'm not sure how you got it. They make the goalies say it a lot :)

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Green can trade the stick for an invite to the all star game....

"The F-bombers"
LOVE IT!

Posted by: LIVINIT1 | February 18, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Fehr, if he plays 15mpg next season and 70+ games will have a 30G 30A +15 year.

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

F-Troop

It even comes with a theme song that can be played whenever one of them scores a goal.

I suspect that there are video clips from the actual show that could be made to fit also.

Posted by: thiscapfan | February 18, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I call them the "F-Faces."

At least when they dont score I do. :)

Posted by: SA-Town | February 18, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

The "Finish Line"

Posted by: FireBowdenNow | February 18, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"Triple F-Bombs" if a good one too.

Posted by: SA-Town | February 18, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

How about the Fury line? They do know how to unleash it...

Posted by: bubblegirl1 | February 18, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Line 2

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Being a Battlestar fan and the KFC commercials they have, how about a nickname of THE FRAK PACK?!?

Posted by: Joe69 | February 18, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Why in the world would the Caps want Kovalev? The 'mercurial Russian' slot on the Caps roster is filled at a much more productive level with Semin. Can we plleaase stop acting like the Caps should add every well-known player who comes on the market? "Everyone else's shiny leftovers" is -not- how the Caps made their ascent.
F Street (and the S.O.B) works for me. I still want to see Flash-Gordon work the PK...

Posted by: redlineblue | February 18, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

@redlineblue,

You mean you don't want Maxim Afinogenov?

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Yes, "F Troop"!
Here's the theme song:

Posted by: basingstoke | February 18, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Since the 2/3 game vs NJD

Flash/Feds/Fehr
6G 8A +14

Ovi/Backs/Semin
6G 15A +4

Green/Schultz
4G 6A +11

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

fffreight line (for all the goals they're trucking in)

Posted by: seryogaSone | February 18, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey Tarik,

Isn't 'F Troop' an old tv show? Why don't you suggest that one? Although with MCI on 7th and F, 'F Street' makes a lot of sense.

Posted by: waitingsince75 | February 18, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

redlineblue:

I thought I was extremely, crystal clear. The Caps would only want Kovalev if the existing Russian foursome would agree it was a good move and if Nylander would go to Montreal in the process. Kovalev's 39 pts this year are better than Nylander's 28. Kovalev would play RW, which is where BB was trying to place Nylander. Kovalev's contract expires at the end of the season, so by acquiring him for Nyles you get cap room of $4.875M the next two years that could be used for a stout blueliner.

You asked, "Why would anyone want Kovalev?"

I answered that in my original post and now I've answered it again. This is a free country and you may respectfully disagree if you choose.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 18, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

F-Troop absolutely

Posted by: majiksea | February 18, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Glad you asked here it is:

Update Fixed III: Just want to thank everyone for their input making this info better each time.

Is everyone prepared for the 21-game salute?

Picture perfect heading into the stretch. Picasso couldn't have painted a more beautiful picture. Is anyone more excited than I about the beginning of the stretch run?

Looking Ahead:

The last 21 games of the season the Caps schedule includes:

13 games against division foe
4 against Atlanta
3 against Tampa
3 against Florida
3 against Carolina (2 at home)

2 games against the Maple Leafs

1 against the Bruins (A)
1 against the Penguins (H)
1 against the Flyers (A)
1 against the Predators (A)
1 against the Sabres (H)
1 against the Islanders (A)

Looking good for the stretch run! All we need is a veteran puck moving defensman.

Also check this out to add a little spice to the dessert:

Did you know that 4 straight games are at home "before" kicking off the 21-game salute. While those teams present a good challenge they are at home and our crowd is the 7th man. It will be a good tune up for us.

The other thing I'm sure you missed but the Wind is here to make sure you don't is that the Penguins (who we love to hate) play 8 out of the next 11 games on the road. Man if there ever is a time for them to melt away on the thin ice of new day let's consider this the beginning of the end of their season. And to boot they have to play our CAPS twice in the Phone Booth with the ZOO present.

Rock n Roll

Posted by: windjammersouth | February 18, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

fe-fi-fo line

Posted by: jbflip | February 18, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

fe-fi-fo line

Posted by: jbflip | February 18, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Here is your new fix windjammer...

Unplug your keyboard from the computer, walk upstairs from your parents basement and put on some clean underwear, maybe shower, walk outside and smell the fresh air and apply for a job in the service industry.

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Here is your new fix windjammer...

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Here is your new fix windjammer...

Unplug your keyboard from the computer, walk upstairs from your parents basement and put on some clean clothes, maybe shower, walk outside and smell the fresh air and apply for a job in the service industry.

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Here is your new fix windjammer...

Posted by: JSchon | February 18, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Being a native Southern Californian, I can't endorese "F Street", as it was the name of a chain of adult bookstores in the 70s and 80s.

I like "F Troop", but I'm a dork, so I expect to be in the minority there.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | February 18, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

The wind is clearly between your ears.

Posted by: Section117 | February 18, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Being a native Southern Californian, I can't endorese "F Street", as it was the name of a chain of *ahem* "bookstores" in the 70s and 80s.

I like "F Troop", but I'm a dork, so I expect to be in the minority there.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | February 18, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

The wind is clearly between your ears.

Posted by: Section117 | February 18, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Triple F ala WWE

Posted by: doughless | February 18, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

F Street. Nice.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | February 18, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

_jordan, I don't even want to learn to *spell* Afinogenov!

Tominfl: I dont care why *anyone* would want that head case on their roster. I can't fathom why the CAPITALS would. Why are only Russians 'voting' on his presence? What makes you think that, at this late date, he's suddenly going to get his head on straight? You've come up with a convoluted way of saying "Gee, it'd be nice to shed Nylander's contract". I say with all respect, Duh. I'd trade Nylander to the Isles for a ham sandwich and their second pick, if the jewish guy who drives the Zamboni says it's okay and Nylander's wife likes the shopping.

Posted by: redlineblue | February 18, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

i like the f line :-)

when kozlov is back, will we see semin on the 3rd line?

Posted by: matt82 | February 18, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

WINDJAMMER IS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE!

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

WINDJAMMER IS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE! AND THE STIMULUS HAS BEEN PASSED! AND THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO PAY MY MORTGAGE!

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

i like the f -line!
when kozlov is back will we see semin on the 3 rd line? :-)

Posted by: matt82 | February 18, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

windajammer is making sense!

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I like 3 choices:

1) F-Street

2) The Red Line

3) Fehragut's Best

Posted by: GregC1224 | February 18, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

watched the children's hospital video, why couldn't there have been anything like that when i was a patient there. :(

Though, I think they should have had rock band and put semin on the drums. :)

Posted by: spotter | February 18, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

The F-Train?

Posted by: ladysuz | February 18, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Though, I think they should have had rock band and put semin on the drums. :)

Posted by: spotter | February 18, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

The F-Train?

Posted by: ladysuz | February 18, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Just to say, is there any chance we can ban bold text.

It's a distraction, like windjammersouth, I could do without. If you can't get your point across without it, maybe you need to change what you're saying?

It strikes me as attention seeking and alittle desperate.

Maybe it's just me? Any other bold haters?

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

_jordan, I'll take Afinogenov--for Locker's sake only!

Tominfl, I asked why the CAPS, not why anyone, would -want Kovalev-. My questions about your scenario include 1)Why are only the Russians 'voting'? 2)Why assume Kovalev's going to produce or suddenly go unflaky? You've come up with a fancy way of saying "Gee, it'd be nice to shed Nylander's contract". To which I can only say--respectfully--Duh. I propose we trade Nyls to the Islanders for a ham sandwich and their second pick, provided the Caps' existing jewish Zamboni driver thinks it's a good idea.

Posted by: redlineblue | February 18, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Do you think there's a file on windjammersouth's desktop that is named "post.txt" and he just pastes it in once a day?

Posted by: _jordan | February 18, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

effers

Posted by: Nootka | February 18, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

@griz0615

Pierre McGuire generally does the ice level reports for NBC. Mike Milbury is an intermission antalyst with Pierre. But the "I'm an idiot" sign behind Pierre's head would still hold true.

Posted by: capsrule828 | February 18, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 9:17 AM
------------------------
Dave: I think the guys call him Fehrsy. Putting the 's' in there kind of eliminates the 'sounds like fairy' factor.

Posted by: tess2201 | February 18, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

@griz0615

Pierre McGuire usually does the ice level reporting for NBC. Mike Milbury does intermission reports. Anyway, the "I'm an idiot" sign would still hold true for Pierre.

Posted by: capsrule828 | February 18, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Just to say, is there any chance we can ban bold text.

It strikes me as attention seeking as plenty of people get their points across without resorting to bold.

Maybe it's just me? Any other bold haters?

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 9:17 AM
-------------------------
Dave:
I think the guys call him Fehrsy.
Putting the 's' in there kind of eliminates the 'sounds like fairy' factor.

Posted by: tess2201 | February 18, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Just to say, is there any chance we can ban bold text.

Maybe it's just me? Any other bold haters?

Posted by: DaveUKCapsFan | February 18, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

_jordan, I'll take Afinogenov--for Locker's sake only!

Tominfl, I asked why the CAPS, not why anyone, would -want Kovalev-, who's a career flake and an utterly unreliable producer. Your response seems to be "Gee, it'd be nice to shed Nylander's contract". To which I can only say--respectfully--Duh. I propose we trade Nyls to the Islanders for a ham sandwich and their second pick, provided the Caps' jewish Zamboni driver thinks it's a good idea.

Posted by: redlineblue | February 18, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

@DaveUK
Regarding you comment:

"That's my only problem with Eric Fehr. His nickname. Fehry does sound like fairy and Fehrer, Fehro hardly trip off the tongue. Maybe I'll stick to Big E."

I think the guys call him Fehrsy. Putting the s in there kind of helps.

Posted by: tess2201 | February 18, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking F-Troop, sounds like a winner to me, even though it has nothing to do with hockey

Posted by: reesem37 | February 18, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you out there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

PG-rated? How about the F-Unit?

Posted by: jburksva | February 18, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Definately NOT the F-Troop! Don't you guys remember what they were? They were flunkies who couldn't do anything right. They screwed up everything.

I'd vote for 3-F, F3, F-Street...

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you out there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

don't know if this has been suggested yet but F Cubed (I don't know how to put the little 3 on the top right corner of F)

Posted by: Moose33 | February 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you out there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I'd vote for 3-F, F3, F-Street...

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

F-Cubed

Posted by: Moose33 | February 18, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I'd vote for 3-F, F^3 (cubed), F-Street...

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

PG-rated... How about the F-Unit?

Posted by: jburksva | February 18, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Id like to say I want the 'F Line' gone. Semin looks best on the right side with Fedorov and Flash. Let fehr try and take Kozlov's spot on the top line, with the big Russian injured.

Posted by: DrAdamson | February 18, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

for some reason the site won't let me put the letter "F" and the word "Cubed" together.

Posted by: Moose33 | February 18, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I'd vote for 3-F, F3 (cubed), F-Street...

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

seems to be a problem with the blog...

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Id like to say I want the 'F Line' gone. Semin looks best on the right side with Fedorov and Flash. Let Fehr try and take Kozlov's spot on the top line, with the big Russian injured.

Posted by: DrAdamson | February 18, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you out there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DrAdamson | February 18, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Leeguru - you there?

Posted by: Boo- | February 18, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Let's all hope that the Canadiens' "slump" continues tonight. . . .

Posted by: rbpalmer | February 18, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

tri-Fecta line

Posted by: goldenpack | February 18, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I actually like the name "Fury Line".

Posted by: kittypawz | February 18, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

tri-Fecta line

Posted by: goldenpack | February 18, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

PG-rated... How about the F-Unit?

Posted by: jburksva | February 18, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

F Street. I like it.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | February 18, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I'm okay with the F-Bomb(er)s or F-Street.

Boo, I'll survive, especially since I'll be there on Saturday (yay!).

windjammer, Cleaning up my office, I found a JMU rally towel that says "Electrify the Zoo!" and thought of you and it made me chuckle.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | February 18, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I've been calling them the Fedex line. They deliver.

Posted by: chuckatcws | February 18, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I've been calling them the Fed-ex line. They deliver.

Posted by: chuckatcws | February 18, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

In order of preference, all of these are good suggestions:

1) F-Street line (this is what I was already using)
2) F-Troop line
3) F-Bomb line

Posted by: Baildog | February 18, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

FedEx? They deliver.

Posted by: chuckatcws | February 18, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Fedex delivers another timely goal!!!

Posted by: chuckatcws | February 18, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

For the love of god...

Posted by: kevbnyc | February 18, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

PG-rated... How about the F-Unit?

Posted by: jburksva | February 18, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Fed X delivers another timely goal!!!

Posted by: chuckatcws | February 18, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Oy. This guy makes me long for the end of the season. You bum me out, man.

Posted by: kevbnyc | February 18, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I'm okay with the F-Bomb(er)s or F-Street.

Boo, I'll survive, especially since I'll be there on Saturday (yay!).

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | February 18, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

wjs-
When is it gonna end?

Posted by: kevbnyc | February 18, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Why are my comments not posting?

Posted by: kevbnyc | February 18, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Apparently, people don't remember what F-Troop was all about. They were a bunch of misfits that couldn't do anything right. We definately DON"T want that as a name!

Posted by: Greg S. | February 18, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

winfjammer is starting to make sense. something is wrong....

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

stoopid computer

Posted by: Leeguru | February 18, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

_jordan, of course I'll take *Afinogenov*--for Locker's sake!

Tominfl: My question is why the Caps would *want* *Kovalev*. Your answer is "Gee, it'd be nice to shed Nylander's contract". Respectfully, I say Duh. But Kovalev's a career flake, having a Flake All-Star year. If GMGM pulls of the trade you suggest, Kovalev stays where he is: at home!
I propose instead that Caps trade Nyls to the Islanders for a ham sandwich and their second pick--provided the jewish Zamboni driver "agrees it's a good move".
There are lots of "shed Nyls" scenarios, aren't there?

Posted by: redlineblue | February 18, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

who crashed the server...i blame windjammer

Posted by: reesem37 | February 18, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I like TRIPLE F

Posted by: graig82 | February 18, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm agreeing with those who like "F-Troopers" I have been using this already. I love "Capt. Feds, Lt. Fehr, and Lt. Flash". Can't you hear Laughlin using this on TV? Priceless!!!

Posted by: BPTUCKER71 | February 18, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

How about "the old man and the bears" line

Posted by: kevin65 | February 18, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Flash-Fedorov-Fehr don't deserve a line name. A few games don't make a season. Let them really earn it.

As for Kovalev, he has 11 more points than Nyls while playing 17-18 minutes a game, every PowerPlays, and constantly playing with the best players on the Habs team. He would be even less useful to us than Nyls. Plus, he is the epiphany of being a Diva. Don't mees with our chemistry.

Posted by: atybat | February 18, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

In order of preference, all of these are good suggestions:

1) F-Street line (this is what I was already using)
2) F-Troop line
3) F-Bomb line

Posted by: Baildog | February 18, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I like the "Fe, Fi, Fo line" I know it does not exactly match, but they play like giants. Fe could be Fehr, Fi could be Flash, and Fo could be Feds!!!

Posted by: Tim55 | February 18, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Hi Tarik,

I know I'm a little late on this but here are my top 3 names for the 2nd line:

1. F-street
2. Triple-F
3. F-troup

F-SET is clever and deserves consideration as well.

Posted by: Terptwin | February 18, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

The Caps should keep the team as it is. They have had an exceptional year and have depth with the Hershey kids. Why mess with a good thing? What a vote of confidence to say there is no need to look for help from a trade. Also, it's just not right to have these same guys bust their butts all year to make it ths far only to find "they're not worthy to contend in the playoffs". I think better of the Caps owner/management.

Posted by: gonchpup | February 18, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

The Flesh Fair Federales

Posted by: austinsteve | February 18, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Absolutley has to F-Troop, I've been polling for this all year. And if you're worried that it's because they were "flunkies" or anything, they were actually the loveable loosers that always came out on top in the end. I can deal with that

Posted by: superpaqman | February 18, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The F Bombs. No brainer here.

Posted by: GorgTheMerciless | February 18, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse