Morning Reading List: Game 3

(Jonathan Newton -- The Washington Post)

The Capitals have never come back to win a series after trailing 2-0 and other teams facing that predicament have advanced just 13 percent of the time. But although they may be down, the Capitals still have time to make adjustments and laugh in the face of the odds beginning tonight at Madison Square Garden if they choose to take advantage of it.

Tarik will answer some of your questions in his video today. So if there's something on your mind please tag your comment below with "Questions for Tarik" and be sure to check back for his responses later in the day.

Here's a preview clip of ESPN's E:60 look at Alex Ovechkin, which will air on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

As the Capitals prepare to face a must-win game 3 tonight at Madison Square Garden, Mike Wise asks: Do they believe in miracles?

If you missed it yesterday, check out Jose Theodore's comments on not getting the start in game 2.

Over at the neighboring D.C. Sports Bog, Dan Steinberg gives a history course on teams that have come back from 2-0 deficits to assure everyone that this thing ain't over yet.

Tarik will also be online at noon 2 p.m. [edit: Tarik] today for one of the Post's regular online chats. You can submit your questions here.

In his preview of tonight's game, ESPN's Pierre LeBrun says that in a few short days the hockey world will know much more about Ovechkin. "Forget the Hart and Rocket Richard trophies he already has on his impressive résumé. We're about to find out whether he's a winner. Or a leader. Or either."

NHL.com discusses how Ovechkin's struggles epitomize the Capitals in this postseason.

Through the Rangers' Looking Glass
With the upper hand in the series, Coach John Tortorella provides perspective on his team's success thus far.

The Rangers themselves aren't willing to say it's going to be easy to close out the series.

More on New York's backbone -- goaltender Henrik Lundqvist -- from NHL.com.

In the System
The Bears took a two game advantage in their series against Philadelphia with a 6-2 win on Saturday. You can also check out a photo gallery from the game 2 win here.

By Katie Carrera  |  April 20, 2009; 5:30 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau: 'Shoot It Where They Ain't'
Next: Ovechkin Asked to Leave Bench

Comments

The Caps have a huge task ahead and if they want to win there are gonna have to shake the King and get in front of him and make his life miserable and so far this year that is something the Caps for some reason just refuse to do.
Some of the players quotes sound like a team on the mat and not sure if they can get up. Let's hope that's not the case or they will be on the golf course on Thurs.

As for OV and being a winner or loser in the eyes of the media and fans outside of DC all you have to do is look over at Malkin and Crosby and you can see why they are questioning him. This is the time of the year when the cream rises to the top hot goalie or not.
I just hope they can get a win tonight and shake up NY's confidence and shake up the Kings kingdom.
We will see just what this team is made of tonight and just how bad they want it.

Posted by: jotay131 | April 20, 2009 6:03 AM | Report abuse

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad now. Ducks up 2-0 on San Jose. Wow.

Anyway, let's go Caps! It all starts with one.

Posted by: rachel216 | April 20, 2009 6:21 AM | Report abuse

Yep, the San Jose Sharks are in the same boat. And they probbly have less weaknesses than the Caps.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | April 20, 2009 6:28 AM | Report abuse

MSG's going to be hostile tonight... hope the boys can quiet them down a bit, or else Wednesday's going to be ugly.

Anyone else going tonight?

Posted by: KurtNYC | April 20, 2009 6:40 AM | Report abuse

It is cliche, but all they need to do is focus on winning tonight. You don't erase a 2-0 deficit in one game.

I think if they win tonight, they'll win the series. Otherwise, time to start setting up tee times.

Posted by: MyJobsMyCredit | April 20, 2009 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Anybody else nervous? Man, what I'd give for a Caps 5-0 shutout, with Alex jumping off the glass, etc...! Those were the days!

Posted by: kcbrichmond | April 20, 2009 7:16 AM | Report abuse

I am so sick of that 13% stat. If one is going to the trouble of throwing a statistic at least do it correctly.

Out of all those series how many times did the lower seed topple the upper seed. How many of those took place in round 1,2,3, or 4? What year range is being used? I mean for all we know most could have come back when there were barely any teams and huge disparity in the league. Plus sports are not statistics. if they were, sports bookies would be really boring. For all we know flash could limit break tonight for 3 goals then poti get a gwg in game 4 and things even keel. It is all possible.

Oh and to all the naysayers who are patting themselves on the back for their predictions coming true: good work. I would also like to know your opinion on if my coin will land heads or tails side up when I throw it. You know, since you are the master of guessing things with two possible outcomes.

Posted by: trunkenmath | April 20, 2009 7:18 AM | Report abuse

Wow the President's Trophy winner is having a struggle, as predicted, their club also has a hard time getting anywhere in the post season. Tonight will be the deciding factor, but if they lose tonight I bet they will win game 4, because they will finally be despirate enough to crash nets and block pucks. I really had such hopes for the Caps this post season, at least to make it past round 1. But I still hope we can pull it off, I feel like we have it in us!

Posted by: NatyBG | April 20, 2009 7:25 AM | Report abuse

I think, and the players have said it before, that they thrive off excitement. Yes the MSG crowd is going to be against them, but there is no question that it will be rocking at the Garden. And hey, who doesnt love playing the villain? Caps pull off the win tonight.

Posted by: DKrifcher | April 20, 2009 7:26 AM | Report abuse

Trunkenmath:
Not that I think it matters to the Caps but there is a surprising trend of #7s beating #2s. Check this out:

How many of those were 2-0 before taking the series? I have no idea.

Regardless, I still think the Caps can right the ship ... and the Sharks can, too. Neither team is getting blown out. One goal games can be remedied with little adjustments and/or hockey gods changing the bounces. I'm hoping for both tonight. (Where is JSchon with a prayer when we need him?!?)

Frankly I would be more concerned if I was the Sharks - didn't they have the best home record in the league, and now they have to hit the road? The Caps, on the other hand, ended the season playing better on the road than they did at home (exactly opposite of how they started the season). Given that, that should be in a good place mentally at MSG. I think they feed off of the other teams' fans ... Ovi is like the hulk when people push his buttons so hopefully he and the rest of the boys come to life tonight.

This is basically the biggest game of the series and I'd be willing to bet that the Caps will step up to the challenge. I'm just counting the hours ...

Posted by: --Boo-- | April 20, 2009 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Agreed Boo. I believe the Caps will step it up another notch tonight. They looked a little sluggish at times the last game. Kozlov is usually so much better at controlling the puck than he was last game. I look for them to get a little seperation tonight and get some better quality chances and solve Lundquist. They are in the hole, but can climb out.

Posted by: _Mark | April 20, 2009 7:53 AM | Report abuse

Mark:
Exactly. Not only can they climb out, but if they win tonight they will be energized and will probably go on one of those crazy runs that they are known for. (We could have some very exciting hockey in our future!) Again, they've beaten the odds before, they can do it again.

Posted by: --Boo-- | April 20, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

@boo: exactly. Remember their epic win rush last season, or their streaks this year? How about surviving the injury mess by debuting AHL players? The caps are a wild card team and I keep the faith.

Posted by: trunkenmath | April 20, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

i'm with most of the people here saying that the caps will pull out the win tonight. Maybe the pressure of all those caps fans threw them off their game, but all of the players, especially Ovie, feed off of being booed. theres more desire to win tonight IMO.

Posted by: abuddy2004 | April 20, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

How could the Caps possibly lose with all of this positive mojo?!? :-D Come on boys - we're behind ya!!!

Posted by: --Boo-- | April 20, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Just curious from an out-of-towner. I have to watch the Versus feed tonight instead of the CSN feed. Does anyone know if Joe B is assigned to Versus with Koken on CSN or do I have to listen to some other piece of crap combo calling the game?

Posted by: JS26121820 | April 20, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

One. win. tonight.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Here is hoping to a big game winning goal by #26 tonight!!!!

They can do this!

LETS GO CAPS!

Posted by: The_Stanley_Caps | April 20, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I would not have minded seeing Aucoin back up tonite.

Posted by: melissa2809 | April 20, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Of course, LeBrun has to be careful on the praise for the Pens. So far, that series has gone to the book. I watched yesterday and they do look good but it's far from over. I, for one, am a fan of Malkin's game but the Pens didn't right the ship until Guerin, Kunitz joined the team and Gonchar came back from injury. I do agree with LeBrun that Ovi is on the witness stand tonight. His play is going to be scrutized more than anyone remaining in the playoffs. He loves playing in the Garden so the doors are wide open for him tonight.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

malkin and crosby didnt exactly light it up in thier first playoff experience but they did do well in their second (and now third) playoff attempt. ovie needs to relax and play his game and not worry about locker room leadership stuff. this is why all arguments about him being captain are premature. we need guys like clark and brash and feds in the room making sure these guys know what it takes to win in the post season.

first opportunity they get, i would encourage brooks or fehr, etc to get into henrik's chest. i dont even care if they take an interference penalty. hit him and get it in his head that he could be hit again. i'm tired of guys hacking our goalie and all we do is complain about it.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 8:54 AM |

Totally agreed. I don't necessarily think Avery's in our heads, but it would be great if we could get someone to play that nuisance role from our side and get under the Rags skin, especially Henrik. I really don't think it'll take much to shake their confidence and turn the series back around. They know they're up 2-0 cause of our mistakes, and when we're at our best we're better.

Posted by: JS26121820 | April 20, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

The Rangers' power play is a joke, and nothing we need to be afraid of. I'd send Brooks or Brads crashing into Lundqvist in the first five minutes. Take the penalty and set a tone.

Nylander and Kozlov are not playoff producers. They should sit. We need the energy Aucoin brings, and when Clark is able to play, we need his leadership and moxie.

Posted by: Kirg | April 20, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

The Stingrays fought their way back from 2 down to win their opening series, maybe it runs in the organization ?

Posted by: honed | April 20, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

I've got the word over the phone this morning. My girlfriend says not to worry, Caps win tonight. Now, she know a bit about hockey (been to a Rangers, Flyers, and Kings game this season) and she's called them all correctly - including how Ovi would play after watching warmups. She has some wierd - and strong - vibes so I'm much more relaxed now.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

No one is in our heads except for ourselves...

Lets take the offense from game 1, and the D from game 2...and win this thing 4-1 tonight.

Posted by: SA-Town | April 20, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Are you sure she's not just being nice so you have a good day? :)

Posted by: JS26121820 | April 20, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

@JS...nah, she not like that; nice.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

@ KurtNYC

I will be there tonight. Section 46

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | April 20, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I'm so happy the playoffs START tonight...been waiting all season for this! After such a great year, I hope the Caps don't come out and blow it in the first round.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 20, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Nervousness is for wimps & losers.
We need to just go out there in a hostile environment, crash the net, run the goalie, bring the Brash back.

Stop settling for 'outside jumpers' & drive for the net.

Playoff hockey is tight - so not sure why aren't doing what it takes in front of the net.

Posted by: Rocc00 | April 20, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

@stex Countin on your girl!!

Posted by: bhound69 | April 20, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Caps have beaten the odds before. This is just another opportunity to prove that this team is resilient and they mean business. Caps in 6.

Posted by: ejohnsto | April 20, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

@ KurtNYC

Yes, hostile is an understatement. The last thing I wanted to do is head to MSG down 2-0. I'll be there both tonight and Wednesday. Monday/section 305.... Wednesday/section 313.

Posted by: NY_SKINS | April 20, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

NY_SKINS,

I am impressed, you will be in the heart of the "bad" part of the MSG crowd.

Posted by: CTCapsPhan | April 20, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Great point brought up by a co-worker. The bogus stat of the low percentage of teams that have been down 2-0 needs to be measured differently if talked about. What I mean is, what I would rather see is the percentage of teams that were the higher seed, or favored to a win a series (like the Caps and Sharks were) that failed to come back. Tampa did it to us in 2003 and Carolina survived a first round scare in 2006, they were the higher seeds in both of those.
Now, compare favored teams down 2-0 to say the convincing 2-0 lead the Bruins hold over the Canadiens, which is the norm, the higher seed dominates the lower seed.

To be honest though I'd rather just focus on tonight's game because the first two were games that got away, but the fact is, they're gone. Not sure if NHLers need motivational quotes, but if I were to use a quote to light a fire I'd probably use Lundqvist's quote: "There's no secrets in the playoffs. Everybody knows how you have to score. You have to pay a price for it."

Now the Caps all know they have to get dirty, and we as fans know it. But when the opposing goalie basically punks you, that should motivate the Caps.

I still think the Caps are still capable of coming back and will not be shocked if I am headed to Verizon on Friday to watch game 5 with the series tied 2-2, but the boys have to want to get dirty, and believe they are the real deal.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 20, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Tonight's game will define the Caps playoff expections for the next 5 years. It is really do or die at such a young stage of these players lives but it is undeniably true. Whether we believe it or not, Ovie compares himself with Malkin and Malkin's playoff performances have exceeded Ovies. I'm no Pens fan but this is a telling night.

Posted by: diner99 | April 20, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

how about captain cris clark pulling a willis reed in MSG tonight. BB says he's a week-10 days away but he also said theo was his number 1. CC starts the game, gets a garbage goal or runs over lunquist to show the boys how its done. we need someone to show them the way. at the very least, i would hope CC has a nice chat w/ brooks about what it takes to be a leader in this league.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

@diner,

I think you're right - I don't know if it's five year, maybe three?, but it will define this group for a number of years. Last year was a great push to get in, and a great opening series, but this year is different. Our belief - and I think their's - is that they can turn it on when needed. If that's true then it comes tonight.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Redskins

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

sorry. my nerves are on edge...strange things come out.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I may be a Rangers fan. But two things. 1) it's a disgrace to see some calling for goon tactics like using brash against lundqvist, how would you like Orr cross checking ovie in the face...both are bush and shouldn't be done. 2) dont act like the rangers are a bunch of AHL players. Gomez, Drury have multiple cups. Lundqvist won a gold medal and was the best goali in sweeden. Redden has a ton of experiance, and the rangers have good young players, not as high end as ovechkin, but good. The pk is world class, seeding is only part of the picture, this rangers team could beat any team if they play well, and the same thing for the caps, both these teams have their strong points and weak points, and it's alot more even than 2 vs. 7.

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

@saintex yes me too "how bout dem Cowboys"

Posted by: billd2 | April 20, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see the lineup. If Kozlov is on the first line, I might just throw up.

Posted by: FancyDan | April 20, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

@rangerfan, lots of truth in that. Honestly, I wanted the Habs but we don't always get what we want. The Rangers game matches up well with the Caps and they'll need some netcrashing tonight to get primed for Wednesday.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I think BB is full of it and is throwing the rangers off the real game plan! Put Chris Clark in today!!

Posted by: Ovechwin | April 20, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

@rangerfan 44 see tactic under the name "Avery" point made?????

Posted by: billd2 | April 20, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Also, ovie tries to do to much on his own, he's trying to hard to carry the offense, Jagr did that in NY during the last couple playoff years, one guy can't do it. The rangers d and lundqvist know what's going to happen when ovie is on the ice, if he stopped shooting for a few shifts or a period I think there would be some confusion and some worry from the rangers

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

@ rangerfan 44 Also under the definition of "bush" you find Avery

Posted by: billd2 | April 20, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

rangers fan, what would you call avery's tactics on caps goalies? nobody's calling on brash to cross check anyone, but making lundquist uncomfortable is part of the game and the caps arent doing it enough.

who said the rangers are AHL players? but lets be clear, they have been underacheiving all year. and redden has sucked. great goalie and good pk's are doing it for them. they are playing good playoff hockey.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Billd2. When was the last time avery ran a goali? He may bump them, but to put brash in and ask him to just bump? LOL right. You don't need a goon to get in tight on lundqvist, just a guy willing to take a beating and nudge hank now and again, stand on top of the crease, like avery does, if you run him that's cheap, and to win by being cheap...well, I'd rather lose

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Bouds has made the goalie situation that much worse. seriously Coach, you made an AHL move.

Posted by: doughless | April 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

@rangerfan44: No one is calling for Brashear to do anything flagrant to Lundqvist. He's simply a player that us Caps fans know will take a beating to get a goal which includes crowding the crease and crashing the net. You don't need Orr to cross-check OV to cross the line you already have Avery playing a classless game. He leans over the boards when he's on the bench to chirp at players on the ice, that is bush league. He also has to be pointed to the bench after every shift because he yapping at another player. In game one he stopped and went back to push Green's legs up so he would fall onto the Ranger bench, that is Slap Shot movie junk.

Now, the Rangers as a whole, they are a class group. It starts with Drury and Gomez they are outstanding leaders. However, as a Rangers fan there is no way you could have predicted this, and although they are up 2-0 they have been thoroughly outplayed. As a Caps fan the only worry is if the Caps can shake Lundqvist's confidence with a couple of dirty goals after withstanding the 10 minute first period storm the Caps are sure to face. If the Caps can do that and get you guys to turn on them at MSG, this series can turn around today.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ovechwin | April 20, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Anyway, lundqvist has been run before, unless he is hurt it's not going to change anything. I mean, few netminders in the NHL who make the playoffs will get scared or off their game

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Seem as though someone's forgotten who took a whack at Tim Thomas not so long ago...

Posted by: CapsChick | April 20, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I was shocked on the Varly move on Saturday.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

did you watch game 1? he slashed theo a couple of times. but that's his game and he does it well, other than not being willing to stand up for himself and fight. are you really arguing that avery is not cheap? tim thomas begs to differ.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Unfortunately there are a couple posters here that said something about running Lundquist. Agreed that that is not called for. Making it harder for him to see shots and distracting him is certainly in order.

Posted by: _Mark | April 20, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

rangerfan44: I seriously doubt you have to worry about the Caps running over Lundqvist if the puck isn't in the crease, they just don't play that way, even if the other team (Flyers) are doing it to us. Lundqvist has just had to too easy. He hasn't been screened and no one has banged home the rebounds he has left in front of the net. Probably at least 5 JUICY rebounds our boys weren't positioned correctly to get the second chance. He was a pin cusion in game one even though we scored three. Ironic that his rebound control was not as good in the game he won by shutout. Should be a great game and it is nice to trade logical posts with opposing fans.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 20, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Avery is a cowardly pest. He crys when he receives the same that he dishes out.

Posted by: _Mark | April 20, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

bring up Aucoin. sit Fehr and Nylander. time for Brash.

the goaltender situation is a mess. thanks, Coach!

Posted by: doughless | April 20, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I've looked at the goal from game 2 and have these questions for the more well-versed than I: beyond the fact that no one get back (where was Green) to help Poti - did Poti not realize there was no one else back on the 2-on-1? If he did know that, why didn't he slide over and cover the pass? Isn't the best option to leave the goalie with a clear field of view at the puck and cover the pass? Just wondering.

Posted by: saintex | April 20, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I agree that hank has had it easy. I was just pointing out that you don't need brash to make it tough on him, or any goon. Also for all those who say avery is cowardly or bush. Well bush, yes at times, but usually not cheap physical stuff, but he is chatty, and comes up with crap like he did against new jersey, but he does take cheap shots that hurt guys. And as for the complaining...it's part of the act, he's trying to piss off the other team and get the refs in his side, it works, he knows he is complaining about what he does himself, that's part of the beauty of it. If he was on the caps you would apriciate it more.

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

PLEASE someone tell Mike Wise to stop writing about hockey! WTF? He compared this series to the Miracle on Ice? Really? really? Seriously? Really?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 20, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

rangerfan, i thought what avery did against jersey last year was brilliant. at the time it was legal and effective. and i loved that he did it against brodour. i'm glad the nhl made it against the rules, but at the time i thought it was genius. but i have a problem with guys like avery who wont stand up for themselves. like kasparitis. and i think any effect he would have on the refs by yapping would be negative to him.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 20, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Wow! How quickly gushing admirers can turn against their idols at the first sign of weakness. The next game will show us if Ovie deserve his status as a great athlete? Give me a break. One game will count more than his 4 years of breathtaking achievements?

Even my favorite (up-to-today) columnist, Wise, is all gloom and doom one day after predicting that the Caps would come back and win the series?

At this point, I think the battle is for mindset rather than technique. If the Caps' thinking reflects in any way the doubts and negativity of the press and fans, they are doomed.

Even if we lose, it's not over. Didn't we come back after losing 3 games last year? I know we lost the first round, but didn't we come within one goal of winning? And this year we are a better team.

The first game we scored 3 goals against "unbeatable" Henrik. Had it not be for Theo, there is no doubt that we would have won.

I have faith in them. Go Caps!

Posted by: caraveli | April 20, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I never said avery was affective with the refs, but he tries.

Posted by: rangerfan44 | April 20, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

I don't get where Lundqvist is suddenly unbeatable. We hit him for 3 in game 1. Our problem was no D and no goalie. We seemed to have "fixed" that piece of the puzzle, but broke the offense. The Rangers haven't changed. It's the same team.

The problem as I see it is that the offense started playing individually - except for the 4th line - trying to win the game on their own. That will not work in the NHL.

It's the same formula that worked all season. Traffic in front (we had practically ZERO in front of Lundy), getting the goalie to move side to side, get the puck deep, and clean quick passes.

While we've had precious few times when we actually had traffic in front, almost every time it worked out for us.

The cross crease passes we used to do with someone parked on the opposite post worked great all season but were missing in this series so far. Long bombs don't work.

On defense, clog the neutral zone, offense back checks and supports the D. Has anyone seen DET play? Almost every time CBJ attacks they have to go through 3 or 4 DET players to get to the net. For us it's often 1 or 2.

Hats off to Varly. I was very nervous about him being in net, but he played a solid game.

Posted by: Greg S. | April 20, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse