Video: Caps-Rangers preview and more

By Washington Post sports editors

Caps beat writer Katie Carrera chatted live this afternoon about tonight's game at Madison Square Garden, the three young goalies and players who might stand out on HBO's upcoming 24/7 series.

Check out the video below, or watch it in segments here.

By Washington Post sports editors  | November 9, 2010; 1:13 PM ET
Categories:  New York Rangers
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brooks Laich ready to go against the Rangers
Next: Preparing for the New York Rangers

Comments

Dang it, I want Katie's job. I wish I got paid to follow the Caps around. Heck, I think I'd rather have Laugher's job. He gets to stay in nicer accommodations. They could add me to the TV crew and I could keep everyone up with what is actually going on during the game when Joe B and Laugher go off on a tangent. Lots of you really rave about them but through NHL Center Ice I have watched every teams TV guys, and even though our guys are not the worst, they are definitely not the best. Laugher is a nice guy, even met him through a mutual friend, but he distracts Joe B. Joe is actually better when he does the game on VS with a color guy from another team IMO. He does a really good job when he's on with Boston's guy Brickley.

Posted by: fanohock1 | November 9, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

@fanohock1

if you have read Laich's comments about Sunday, do you now think he was actually benched rather than being hurt? Because thats the sense I get from his quote.

Posted by: ThePat | November 9, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

ThePat: He does seem to want to avoid that discussion like the plague. Maybe he was suffering an upper body injury as far as BB was concerned. The most important muscle in the body if you know what I mean.

Posted by: fanohock1 | November 9, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

She never answers any of my questions!

Is it because they all end with wtf?

bogus...

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | November 9, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

@fanohock

Yeah I agree with you, and if that is the case I fully credit BB for doing the right thing as we had our back and forth yesterday about it.

Posted by: ThePat | November 9, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Thank GOD she isn't a Pens fan....

Posted by: OVIHtrick8 | November 9, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

I like these video-chats, well done, Katie!

Posted by: Hattrik | November 9, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"do you now think he was actually benched rather than being hurt?" ThePat

"Maybe he was suffering an upper body injury as far as BB was concerned. " - fanohock

Perhaps you are both right...Brooks' upper body injury could have been a heart issue. A lack of heart followed by a broken heart once benched due to the lack of.

But no worries, the recovery time is typically less than 48 hours...and just requires a pep talk, a pat on the back, and the line "this hurt me more than it hurt you, but it will help in the long run" for the docs to clear you to play again.

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | November 9, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Nice...I got my HBO 24/7 in there. That kind of thing never works out my for me....maybe I'll play the lottery later.

Posted by: fesslercw | November 9, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

He was definitely benched, IMO, and then told not to skate the next day and take the day to just relax and be away from the rink. I'll get the inside scoop on it eventually.

Posted by: hockymn22 | November 9, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I wish the Washington Post would get rid of these video chats.

The chats are during the day, when most people are at work, and it's so much easier to pop over to one of their text-based Q&As and ask a question, and read it in small chunks when you've got a second here or there. I can't sit at my work computer watching video, but it's easy to scroll through the text Q&As later on in the day.

Also - the video sessions only get to like a half dozen questions, while the text ones can do so many more, it's just easier.

Please, please, please stop doing these video chats.

Posted by: joe_hill | November 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse