NHL: Ovechkin Jerseys, Red Caps Hats are Hot
Before we get to the league's latest online sales figures a quick note: this will likely be my last blog entry until next Wednesday.
According to the NHL, Washington's red, white and blue merchandise was smokin' hot in July, boosted by (who else?) Ovechkin. Jerseys and t-shirts bearing his name were both ranked in the top 10. The red baseball cap also was a hot item.
I guess this puts to rest whether the majority of fans like the Caps' new/old look.
TOP 10 JERSEYS (in July):
1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Daniel Briere, Buffalo Sabres / Philadelphia Flyers
3. Chris Drury, Buffalo Sabres / New York Rangers
4. Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres
5. Thomas Vanek, Buffalo Sabres
6. Peter Forsberg, Nashville Predators
7. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres
8. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
9. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers
10. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
Any surprises there? I'm a little shocked about Lundqvist. I mean he's a fine goalie and all, but ...
TOP 10 ITEMS (in July):
1. NHL 2006-07 Stanley Cup Championship DVD
2. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Hat - Anaheim Ducks
3. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Tee - Anaheim Ducks
4. 2007 Stanley Cup Champs Puck - Anaheim Ducks
5. Chris Drury Tee, Dark Royal - New York Rangers
6. Alex Ovechkin Tee, Red - Washington Capitals
7. Sidney Crosby Tee, Black - Pittsburgh Penguins
8. 2007 NHL Draft Men's Flex Hat, Black - Pittsburgh Penguins
9. Scott Gomez Tee, Dark Royal - New York Rangers
10. 2007 NHL Draft Men's Flex Hat, Red - Washington Capitals
See you next week. That is, of course, assuming I survive a week at the beach with my five year old and three year old.
The comments to this entry are closed.