No Decision On Schultz -- Yet

Coach Bruce Boudreau said defenseman Jeff Schultz will take the pre-game warmup before deciding whether to play or not. So stay tuned on that one. If he does suit up, there will be a lineup change, obviously.

Also, Flyers Coach John Stevens said that Patrick Thoresen won't be ready. Thoresen's condition is improving and he'll be replaced in the lineup by Sami Kapanen, who was a healthy scratch on Friday, Stevens said. Also looks like defenseman Randy Jones, who missed Game 1 with the flu, will return. If he does, he'll replace youngster Ryan Parent.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  April 13, 2008; 12:23 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: No Surgery for Thoresen
Next: Schultz Will Play

Comments

Let's Go Caps!!!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | April 13, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I hope he plays, but the Caps are ready either way. I am pumped!!

Posted by: uncatim | April 13, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Let's Go Caps....but keep Eminger in over Shultz....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mitch | April 13, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

THIRD.............

Posted by: THE third... | April 13, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Damn...

Posted by: THE third... | April 13, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

"Let's Go Caps....but keep Eminger in over Shultz"

I agree with keeping Eminger. However, Schultz has a good +/-. I'd like to see Erskine scratched. I'm not a fan.

Posted by: Joe | April 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

let's go caps allez cristo
from france it's great to see u behind your teams caps fan keep it up

Posted by: stephane | April 13, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Erskine plays to keep the Flyers honest. Schultz plays because he is the 2nd best penalty killing defenseman the Caps have and Flyers have a top power play.

Posted by: rob | April 13, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I don't envision Shultz playing. If he wasn't healed enough yesterday, the injury needs a few more days for him to be 100% - or at least not hurt the team by playing.

There are at least 15 more games to go! He needs to be there for future games, cause other defensemen are sure to get injured.

Posted by: Dezlboy | April 13, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Eminger should stay as well as Erskine because we need as much muscle as we have on the backend. Schultz is tall, but he doesn't play big yet.

Posted by: Steve | April 13, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Watched the sports show on Comcast Philly this morning and they are reporting that Briere had a touch of the flu yesterday, although they didn't come out and say he wouldn't be able to play today. Hope he keeps his germs to himself.

Posted by: tess | April 13, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Re: Briere and the flu: I wouldn't want him breathing on me in any situation.

If the Flyers substitute Jones for Parent, that is all right by me. Smith looked way too slow and Modry had minus 4 on Friday. He was the guy OV stole the puck from.

Go Caps

Posted by: Old Bob | April 13, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!! God bless you Tarik for updating us on this early but wonderful morning!!!! Yipee I am psyched!!!

Posted by: Puddin_an_Semin | April 13, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I agree--Erskine seems to lack self control and takes too many stupid penalties. That loses games.

Posted by: Fan | April 13, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Dear Hockey Gods,

Today is the day. They will be coming at us, but we are ready. They will be hitting us, but we'll be hitting them first. They will give what they have and we will give our best. Our guns are ready, our Coach is leadings us and we believe.

So help us with the lucky rebounds and not so lucky for them, do you job, dear Gods, we'll do ours.

Let me be there for the team like the team will be there for us.

I am tall, smart and chicks dig me, but today I only want the victory, so help us.

Your humble servant,
The Tower of Caps defense,

Papa 'Panzerfaust Half Slap Shot' Schultz.

Posted by: Papa Panzer Schultz | April 13, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Go, Ovechkin!
Go, Go, Ovechkin!

Go, Ovechkin!
Go, Go, Ovechkin!

Go, Ovechkin!
Go, Go, Ovechkin!

Crush the freaking phlyers!

Posted by: King Huet | April 13, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Go Caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Win and I will write another song

Posted by: Ronnie Van Zant | April 13, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

OK..all sharp object (knives, scissors, etc.) have been removed from the house. Blood pressure up but not yet life threatening. I will need new carpeting after the playoffs due to wear because of pacing. Deep breath. Time to start drinking. Deep breath. Pulse increasing. 19 minutes. Deep breath. Loving highlight of Brashear's Ovie imitation following his goal on Friday.

LET'S GO CAPS!

Paul R

Posted by: Paul R | April 13, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I really don't see that big of a difference between Eminger's play and Shultz's play. I'd rather see Eminger play though because I like him better.

Posted by: Matt | April 13, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

I just saw a sign in the crowd:

Geico, so easy a Flyer can do it!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: CA Caps Fan | April 13, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse