Nylander On The Ice At Kettler

Just thought you would like to know that Micheal Nylander is on the ice this morning at Kettler, joining 12 of his teammates for an informal practice. Jeff Schultz is also here.

Hopefully, I'll have an update on Nylander later today.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 9, 2008; 10:57 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Full(er) House At Kettler (Updated)
Next: Nylander: "It's A Good Situation" (Updated)

Comments

Cheif sucks

Posted by: Steve R | September 9, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

How can this be? I thought he moved to Vancouver.

Posted by: bob. g | September 9, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Tarik,

What time did the practice start? I work down the street and am wondering if its still worth me coming down to watch at this point?

Posted by: Graham | September 9, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

But his kids have not signed up for their local hockey team...so a trade is coming

Posted by: bwwwhaaaa | September 9, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Steve,
I before E, my friend.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Yes, but did he sell his house?

Posted by: Matt C | September 9, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Guess he hasn't heard a trade is imminent, based on people prying into his personal life.

Posted by: puh-leeze | September 9, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

note to GMGM keep Nylander

Posted by: yelle | September 9, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Are the Ice Girls skating with him?

When is the roster released?

Posted by: Girl Watcher | September 9, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Yes, I miss hockey and I will solidify Caps defense this season. Watch my half slapper becoming a slapper. Twice as much power.

Papa 'Anführer der Verteidigung' Schultz

Posted by: Papa 'Anführer der Verteidigung' Schultz | September 9, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

meanwhile in Moscow... http://alexovetjkin.blogspot.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Anyone know if Mike Green is in town yet?

Posted by: Friend | September 9, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I always get that wrong NMNMT.

What can I say, I'm a product of the New Jersey public school system.

Posted by: Steve R | September 9, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

What makes you think a "roster" of the Spirit Squad will be released?

To quote an e-mail Ted sent me, "These ain't ice girls."

Posted by: @ Girl Watcher | September 9, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Steve,
at least you weren't in DC's system.
Where 88% of 8th graders can't read at the standardized level.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Steve R,

I totally get that wrong all the time. Like, what's up with the whole i before e thing anyways. And then, except after c?

Posted by: Cassi | September 9, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

oldest son is on his youth hockey team roster this morning.

Posted by: silent george | September 9, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Nylander's kids to take Fleischmann's minutes (Flieschmann's minutes? Thx for nothing, SteveR), you heard it here first.

Posted by: redlineblue | September 9, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Is it me, or is like Slapshot the biggest bird you have ever seen? How do they train him to put on that jersey?

Posted by: Cassi | September 9, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize Olie was playing Summer hockey for Bulgaria's women's team:

Sorry- I had to do it...

Posted by: Fro | September 9, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Mike green is in town, I saw him pounding beers at whitlows bar in arlington yesterday

Posted by: O-V-P | September 9, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Steve R.

Hey! Watch those NJ references! I resemble those remarks!

Tarik

What kind of regimen did Schultz do over the summer? Did he do ANYTHING to toughen up? Or is he still a patty cake?

Posted by: Greg S. | September 9, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

This just in: Slapshot has signed a one year contract with the Caps and is slated for top-4 minutes on the blueline. Financial terms were not disclosed, but Nylander's kids were quoted as saying "that bird stole my lunch money".

Posted by: noptov52 | September 9, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I before E except in Budweiser mmmmmmmmmm beer.

Posted by: R | September 9, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey people could you please keep his kids out of this

Posted by: neil | September 9, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Fro...that was really distasteful. No need to bash the man that held this team up when there was nothing there...now that he's not here any more.

Posted by: IrresistibleForce | September 9, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

you might run into Nyles tonight at rockville ice rink TM has practice

Posted by: tj | September 9, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Tarik! I was in need of some news!

Posted by: JC | September 9, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

You know what I think? Anybody who stalks a player's kids is a complete and total loser. Not to mention creepy.

Posted by: bob.g | September 9, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

yeah you guys looking into Nylander's kids is kind of creepy. that's not investigative work that's pedophilia.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

What genius put the rookie game @ 3 on a friday. People have to work. Why not on the weekend?

Posted by: smartfan | September 9, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I am "The Nylander"

Posted by: Michael N. | September 9, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Cassi,
Can you spell cat? There's a dollar in it for you...

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

THIS JUST IN

Milan Jurcina has just been seen exiting "Manpower" in Arlington, VA.

Posted by: Release Juice | September 9, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

The rookie game is on a Thursday, which blows because I have class til 3:45..

Posted by: Jordan | September 9, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

MNMNT
Are you talking about like a tiger or a lion? Or maybe even a puma - those are soooo cute!!

Posted by: Cassi | September 9, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

@MNMNT

Do you think anyone of the Spirit Squad can spell "pedophilia"? I know either one of the knows what it means. "Like a wow, isn't that a town in Pennsylvania, hehehe!?*&% Oh, Pennsylvania is spelled p-e-n-c-i-l v-a-i-n y-a. I'm so smart. Go Caps!!!"

Posted by: Get a Clue | September 9, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Spell cat, you hooker!

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Get a Clue,
speaking of Pencilvainya, i bet they call the Washington Monument the big pencil, too. Cassi, I'll give you a quarter if you can spell dog.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

anyone else think Tarik's coverage is poor?

Posted by: ? | September 9, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it's Tarik I think it's the Post.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me for missing the n in neither and m in them. I was chuckling while typing and didn't hit the keys hard enough. My bad

Posted by: Get a Clue | September 9, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I for one am grateful for Tarik's coverage this off season. I'm fairly certain that 98% of other Caps Insider readers will agree

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | September 9, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Get a Clue,
it's all good, I'm going to start calling Pennsylvania, Pencilvainya from now on though, thanks to you. I should change my name to the BG PNCL instead of MNMNT.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

@Get a Clue

If I was going to make fun of someone's inability to spell, I would make sure I spelled all the words in my post correctly so people would take me seriously.

Im pretty sure you meant to say: "I know Neither one of theM knows what it means."

Posted by: Just a suggestion | September 9, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

agreed. Tarik's coverage is rich.

Posted by: fullright | September 9, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Cassi,
Stop trying to look it up in the dictionary and spell dog and cat already...

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

@ Question Mark - I think Tarik's coverage is great. I remember the days before Capitals Insider when we could only find out whatever the Post decided to include. I love being able to sit at my desk and find out who's on the ice at Kettler. The informality of this info and unscheduled conversations with players is a great supplement to Post articles, which are few and far between in the off-season (which is the Post's decision, not Tarik's).

I do, however, think the comments on the blog the past couple of days are mostly poor.

Posted by: Jill | September 9, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I dig Tarik's coverage. He's constantly on the phone with agents and getting insider info each day. It's still the offseason in case you all have forgotten.

Posted by: 828 | September 9, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

If something changes, I am sure Tarik will let us all know.

Posted by: 828 | September 9, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Tarik is the man. I lived in Toronto for four years and even worked at TSN for a while... Tarik's coverage is on par with the best of the best up there.

Anyway, glad to see that Nyls is on the ice. Also glad to see how hard these guys are working. I'm sure every player in the league is amping up their offseason routine right about now, but the fact that so many of our guys are doing it together will certainly give us an edge come October.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | September 9, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Apparently, enough people could take off work on Thursday to see the rookie game since tickets are no longer available. They could have had it at 2 in the morning and it still probably would have sold out.

Win and they will come.

Posted by: Caps4ever | September 9, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I sure wish that registration was necessary to comment on this blog. With it should be an age restriction----OVER 12 YO only. This would eliminate the inane crap spewed by the likes of "get a clue, mnmnt & the other children.

Posted by: sidehillman | September 9, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

or pedophiles like sideHILLman.

Posted by: MNMNT | September 9, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse