Off to Indy (Again)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be in Indianapolis through Monday for the Brickyard 400. That's NASCAR, in case you're wondering.

If you've followed this blog for a bit, you already know that I'm a motor sports enthusiast and enjoy covering races such as this one, the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500. (Though I may not be able to cover the Indy 500 in the future should Caps make the playoffs and go deep.)

Anyway, I won't be around much in the coming days, unless significant news happens, of course. So consider this an invitation to discuss whatever Caps-related issues that are on your mind in the comments section below.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  July 26, 2007; 12:07 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Laich Under Contract
Next: Caps Sign Jurcina

Comments

nascar sucks

Posted by: Anonymous | July 26, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

While you are gone, do you think somebody could replace the old eagle logo that's on Caps stories throughout this site?

Posted by: r, w & b | July 26, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

'(That may change, though, if the Caps make the playoffs and go deep.)' -- I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD'S AT TARIK. GOOD ATTITUDE!

Have fun at Indy; WAR TONY STEWART!

Posted by: Go Skins Go | July 26, 2007 12:52 PM | Report abuse

they are working on changing the graphic, I'm told.

Posted by: Tarik | July 26, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Tarik,

Love how you let us know every time you're going away and that you won't be posting much. And then you follow up with like 3 posts in the next two days.

Anyway, you know how much we all depend on you. Enjoy your racecars, and don't forget about us.

Posted by: katzistan | July 26, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Staal Brothers. Sod farm. Discuss.

Posted by: Porkies | July 26, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD IS, TARIK.
not
I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD'S AT TARIK

Posted by: Grammar Police | July 26, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

per TSN, Oilers are at it again, extending a $21M, 5 year deal to Anahiem RFA Penner.

Whee...

Posted by: I like Laich and Fehr is Fair | July 26, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD IS, TARIK.
not
I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD'S AT TARIK

Posted by: Grammar Police | July 26, 2007 02:22 PM

You've obviously have never seen Wedding Crashers (in regards to the cash bar)

Posted by: Go Skins GO | July 26, 2007 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I LIKE TO STARE

Posted by: Finn | July 26, 2007 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Just thought I'd post for the first time, this Caps Insider section is great and Tarik is Rad. I live in California now, but like to follow the caps and appreciate the inside info.
Thanks

Posted by: jojo | July 27, 2007 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Apparently Edmonton just offered another RFA an offer sheet (Penner of the Ducks). Anaheim will have to match to keep him. Conclusion: We best get OV a new, long contract. And what's up with Lowe? Since he lost Nylander, he's jerkin' everybody's chain...

Posted by: tokyo fan | July 27, 2007 8:09 AM | Report abuse

And what with the the three major scandals in the top three leagues (NBA - refs, NFL - Vick, MLB - Bonds), isn't this the time for the NHL to break through to the public (not withstanding the Staal brothers)?

Posted by: tokyo fan | July 27, 2007 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Why do so many people like my name? I can see another fake Finn who likes to stare... Damn! I didn't know I was that popular :)

Posted by: Finn | July 27, 2007 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Who here hasn't drank before they were 21???????? Especially since it was at his
brother's bachelor party, I think this is morally excusable. I'm sure the NHL
will not get involved either besides maybe making a statement about how the
Stall brothers didn't use good judgement. Whatever.

As for the Oilers attempted thievery, I sort of commend their tactics. If its
allowed, why not? Hopefully it will force teams in the future into longer term
deals with their star players.

Posted by: James | July 27, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Interesting about the Penner signing is the pressure it puts on the Ducks with the salary cap. Pre-cap days, the fact most teams matched the offers made it less of a threat than it is now. Now it's a more strategic weapon to be used. Still, the price for Edmonton even if they get him-- a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Posted by: GJ | July 27, 2007 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, every time you write this, the Caps make a move. Maybe GMGM doesn't want you doing other stuff.

Posted by: Eric | July 28, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse