Posted at 8:00 PM ET, 02/16/2011

Open thread: Capitals at Ducks

By Washington Post Sports Editors

logologo The Washington Capitals (29-18-10) face off against the Anaheim Ducks (32-21-4) tonight for the second time this season.

Anaheim won the Dec. 15 contest in overtime, extending the Capitals' season-long slump to seven. This time, Washington is looking to avoid a four-game skid by building upon an encouraging (albeit losing) effort in Phoenix.

Faceoff: 10 p.m., Honda Center; TV: CSN; Radio: 1500 AM

The Capitals' lineup will appear here shortly before faceoff.

By Washington Post Sports Editors  | February 16, 2011; 8:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ducks put Jonas Hiller on injured reserve

Comments

I didn't see that much encouraging in the last game except for Bradley's effort and his line along with a few others. I won't bore you with the sub par play of at least a half dozen others who look like it is just another day at the office.

Posted by: capper3 | February 16, 2011 8:33 PM | Report abuse

So what's in store tonight? Hopefully not another 2-0 loss.

On a side note, the Caps e-mailed season ticket holders today telling us that the renewal information is coming soon!

For the love of god, Ted, do something. Change something up. Not only are we losing, but the Capitals are just plain boring to watch. Going to the games is borderline depressing given the team's performance for about the past 3 months. You're a businessman, Ted, and it's all about entertainment dollars. There are a finite number of them, and I'm not sure a lot of us are going to shell out thousands of dollars to watch this much longer. DO SOMETHING.

Posted by: wahoo_Mike | February 16, 2011 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Wow....lay of Joe B he is one of the best in the game. We are lucky to have him.

I absolutely love Joe B and Locker and cant imagine watching the Caps without them.

Emrick is also really good.

For the people bashing them, sorry we don't have boring ass commentators for you. Jeez.

Posted by: digster1013 | February 16, 2011 9:01 PM | Report abuse

I don't want to renew my tickets.

Posted by: Doom_and_Gloom | February 16, 2011 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Brad Richards has a concussion. Cross him off the list.

Posted by: underpants2 | February 16, 2011 9:10 PM | Report abuse

We are gonna get shut out tonight.

Posted by: Doom_and_Gloom | February 16, 2011 9:14 PM | Report abuse

I don't want to stay up and watch...sleep would be so much less stressful! Don't want to see us make an icon out of another backup goalie.

If the Devils keep winning, I wonder if they will look to trade Arnott? He's my first choice for a 2C. But he may not be available.

I wonder if the Caps should have waited before sending out those sty renewal emails? I got one and deleted it in frustration! Now if the WaPo would only let me change my id as this is most definitely NOT the year!

Posted by: Thisistheyear | February 16, 2011 9:15 PM | Report abuse

I want Umberger! And Clutterbuck!

Semin for Nash? Yeah, right, Columbus would do that. If we throw in Kuzzie and Neuvy.

And I want to put my vote of support for Joe B and Locker. I find them very entertaining.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | February 16, 2011 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Umberger hurt?

Posted by: Thisistheyear | February 16, 2011 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Joe B, Locker and Smokin Al are all awesome. Too bad the team stinks!

Posted by: Doom_and_Gloom | February 16, 2011 9:23 PM | Report abuse

All right gang. Enough gloom and doom already. Let's take a delusional (?) look on the bright side.

We have a thriving NHL franchise that sells out night after night. They are still holding on to a playoff spot. They are slowly but surely getting its players back. And, who knows what GMGM has up his sleeve for the trade deadline?

Did anyone hear about the Thrashers today? Part-owner Michael Gearon all but assured that the Thrashers would move without an influx of capital. He and other owners can't stomach the $20M shortfall. What a shame it would be if Atlanta lost its 2nd NHL franchise!

Whew, I'm sure happy we're not in the position of the local Thrashers. I honestly don't know who would consider buying in/out except for Arthur Blank.

Posted by: Terptwin | February 16, 2011 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Just trying to add a tiny bit of satire to the forum. :)

Posted by: Doom_and_Gloom | February 16, 2011 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Thisistheyear | February 16, 2011 9:15 PM

you might want to keep it - you could use it next year

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | February 16, 2011 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Geez, Umberger just threw the front of his upper body in front of a shot 3 secs left to keep 3-3 tie and go to OT.

Semin, Holtby, Eakin and 2 #1s and throw in Poti and Steckel for Nash and Umberger. Make it 3 #1s if need be.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | February 16, 2011 9:31 PM | Report abuse

@Doom_and_Gloom

I was actually making a general plea to the masses. I actually appreciate your sense of humour and most everyone else's here.

Posted by: Terptwin | February 16, 2011 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Two points would be big tonight. Buffalo and Carolina both lost.

Posted by: underpants2 | February 16, 2011 9:37 PM | Report abuse

We have a chat room for Caps fans during the game tonight. Also please check out our site. In2Caps(dot)com/chat.html

Thanks, hope to see some people there!

Posted by: in2capschat | February 16, 2011 9:37 PM | Report abuse