Ovechkin Back In Town

Alex Ovechkin has returned from Russia and is back in the Washington area, according to a text message I just received from his business manager, Konstantin Selinevich. I don't have any other details, but I imagine that I'll get an update at tomorrow's practice.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 2, 2008; 8:50 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau: 'This Isn't a Country Club'
Next: Morning Reading List

Comments

that's great news!!! maybe having him around will boost the team.

Posted by: capsfan387 | November 2, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

YAY OVECHKIN!! :) :D

Posted by: rachel216 | November 2, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

I hope everything is going okay with him Just hearing that he's makes me smile though. :)

Posted by: ratgurl46 | November 2, 2008 9:03 PM | Report abuse

YAY, welcome back Ovie!! I can't wait to catch practice tomorrow.

Posted by: capschick52 | November 2, 2008 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Tarik- did AO's grandfather pass away (as has been reported on another website)?

Posted by: gebster | November 2, 2008 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully Ovie will be skating so we lucky enough to go watch practice on a Monday morning can see him!

And no, I have never accidentally left capslock on, as I don't have to look at my hands while I type..

Posted by: _jordan | November 2, 2008 9:32 PM | Report abuse

THANK YOU GOD!!!!! OVIE IS BACK.

Posted by: washingtoncapitals | November 2, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

As always, thanks for the info. Hopefully the trip did him well emotionally and the rest from game action did him well physically.

(On a side note, somebody already snagged Goat as a Post userID. Bummer.)

Posted by: Goat_74 | November 2, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

The lines need to be as follows

ov-feds-semin
laich-nyls-flash
fehr-backs-kozzie
brash-gordo-brads

d can figure itself out...

Posted by: vik191 | November 2, 2008 11:16 PM | Report abuse

WOW-----I AM IMPRESSED.

Posted by: sidehillman | November 3, 2008 8:09 AM | Report abuse

Wow, tomorrow is a big night - I will be watching the game AND the election returns, looking for TWO big Ws!! LET'S GO CAPS AND UNNAMED PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SINCE THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL BLOG!!! ;-)

Posted by: Boo- | November 3, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Better watch it sidehillman the typing nazi might get you for typing in all caps again......and maybe she should be looking at the keyboard when she types....maybe it would correct that horrible grammar she used in the 9:32 post.....

Posted by: PhilR | November 3, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Are you still singing my song Boo!?

Posted by: JSchon | November 3, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Poor Ovi. I hope he knows what happened Saturday night, otherwise he's going to be really, really confused when he walks into practice today .....

Posted by: kittypawz | November 3, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

JSchon! We need an update on that checklist.

Posted by: kittypawz | November 3, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

JSchon:
Ah, I was not until you reminded me ... thanks again!! ;-) So why is that your song?

Posted by: Boo- | November 3, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Back Ovie!

Im sure he is still focused on family issues, but we are certainly glad to have him here.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 3, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I hope Alex knows he has the support and best wishes for he and his family, from Washington area hockey fans!

Posted by: Max23 | November 3, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

@phil r

I was practicing my no look typing. It was fun.

General comment about the Caps prospects both for the year & those in the minors. Have patience. We went through a long dry spell & now we are over anxious. Just remember 1974 & anything that happens this year will be great.

Posted by: sidehillman | November 3, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse