Ovechkin: 'It's Good for the League'

Even if you're sick of the debate over Alex Ovechkin's 50th goal celebration, many of the quotes below are worth passing along. Some might even make you laugh. So give them a read. You'll be glad you did.

Bruce Boudreau
Q: You said after the game in Tampa that you were going to talk to Alex about the celebration. Why did you feel it was necessary?
A: "I didn't really think it. Everyone else thought it. We talked ...I didn't even see it at first. I just heard everyone was all ticked off at him and everything. And when I saw it, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Because I didn't think he was trying to show up Tampa. He was celebrating his 50th goal. If he scores his 60th or 70th, I would expect him to do something because they are very special events. Other than that, everything else he's ever done was spontaneous. That was a one-time thing. But I wanted to talk to him [about] the perception of other people. He had no idea that people would be upset. So I just wanted to make him understand that sometimes other teams don't like that. He has all these celebrations that no team worries about. But when it was something out of the ordinary, somebody might get upset about it even though his thought process wasn't, 'I'm doing this to show you up.' It was, 'I'm doing this to celebrate my 50th goal.' I hope we put that to bed. There was no animosity toward anybody. It was just him being a really emotional, energetic young man."

Q: Why do you [people] want to kill the joy in a game that could really use someone who is joyous and emotional and enthusiastic?
A: "As Canadians, we have a tendency to be real conservative. It was 25 years ago that we got mad at all the Russians because they never showed any emotion. Now they show emotion, and that they enjoy and love the game, and now we get mad at them again. I think it's great whether it's players or teams and they win and they show they are excited, it's what coaches show when we show pump-up videos. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it's about other teams celebrating to show how much fun you have when you win the Stanley Cup or when you do something great. So I don't want to take that away from anybody, especially Alex because he's a special, special guy. He did something different and everyone sees something different as something wrong, I don't think it was necessarily that."

Q: What was your reaction to what Don Cherry had to say?
A: "I love Don, I love Don. He does what he does. I thought he was wrong initially. I'm going to defend my player. And Don defends Canadians and the country.

Q: Are you at all worried about Cherry's comments regarding someone wanting to take Alex's head off, take a run at him?
A: "We were initially worried that it was like putting a bounty on him and [make] somebody want to do that. At the time, people are emotional. I don't think anyone is going to premeditate going after Alex, probably the most marketable player in the game today. They're going to hit him, but to try to take him out wouldn't be a smart move."

Q: What about in this town 30 years ago when Tiger Williams used to ride his stick down the ice?
A: That was a Leafs guys doing it, so everybody loved it. If it was a Leafs guys scoring his 50th goal, any celebration he did, they would have embraced it tremendously, I think."

Q: Do you think Ovechkin is approaching the line between being spontaneous and the 'look at me' celebrations in the NFL?
A: "If it was a continued thing, I would say yes. But it's a one-time incident. End of story. I would like to see him score another goal ...and soon. But I don't think he's going to be taking out a pen and writing on his stick and handing it over to Ron [Wilson] after he scores. It's the first time he ever did that, so I think we have to cut him a little slack."

Ron Wilson
Q: Why has Ovechkin's celebration received so much attention?
A: "Because you guys have nothing better to talk about, to be perfectly honest. I haven't heard or seen on ESPN in the United States a big deal about this. It's up here. And I think Bruce Boudreau is right; you've got to find something else to talk about. I think everybody has spoken their piece on what he did in Tampa. I think in general, I don't think anybody wants to see orchestrated things in this league. If that's why people watch the NFL, I don't think people are really on to what the NFL is all about; you're not waiting to see what the celebration in the end zone is going to be. But seeing how exciting he is when he scores, I think we need more people like that. Just the exuberance. He looks like he loves what he's doing. I think that's very important and we need more players like that."

Q: Where do you draw the line?
A: "Well, I don't ever want to see a guy whip out a Sharpie, sign a stick and throw it in a crowd. Or pick up the puck and do the same thing with it. But getting in a big pile with all of your teammates, I think that's great. Skating down the ice and doing a pumpernickel or something like that, this stuff's been going on forever in the league since I can remember. Tiger Williams riding his stick ... I was thinking today, Mike Foligno doing the big jump in the air... everybody is excited when they score. I think this has been blown way out of proportion."

"I think you just let it go when you score. I don't see anything wrong with that. But again, not a planned, scripted, choreographed celebration -- I don't think we need that."

Q: So why the criticism of Ovechkin's goal last week:
A: "Personally, I think you're just pointing at yourself, 'Look at me, look at great I am.' I don't think you need to do that. I think your action on the ice speaks volumes. If you just scored a fantastic goal, I don't think you need to stand up ... you might as well carry a spotlight and put it on yourself. I think at times that's what's wrong with our society in general -- 'It's all about me.'"

Alex Ovechkin
Q: About your celebration the other night?
A: "It's a big number, I think for everybody. If I get it, why I can't celebrate. If you win the lottery -- a million dollars -- you go to the bar and drink a lot. I scored 50 goals and I just celebrated."

"It's good for the league, it's good for our fans. Some players are just like robots. They score goals and it's like, 'Okay'. No emotion, nothing, they basically go, 'Okay.' You have to show emotion if you're an emotional guy. Show it. You don't have to think about it if somebody doesn't like it. I don't care about it if somebody don't like it. I play myself, I enjoy my life, I've enjoyed my whole career. If somebody don't like it, don't watch my game, don't watch what I'm doing on the ice."

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 24, 2009; 1:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau: Semin, Bradley Are 'Probable'
Next: Tonight's Lineup: Caps at Toronto

Comments

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 24, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Just another reason to love 8 the Great

Posted by: MagicMonkey | March 24, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

What the hell is a "Pumpernickel?" hahaha

Posted by: SA-Town | March 24, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

LET'S GO NO CUP CAPS!!!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

don't care about it if somebody don't like it. I play myself,

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

You tell em Ovie...keep doing what you're doing, just don't turn into T.O.

Posted by: reesem37 | March 24, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Ad nauseum. No more goals = no more celebrations. Plain and simple. And we know Ovi plans to continue to score goals against any team the Capitals play. Sorry, Tampa, no matter how you cut it, long after the world forgets about the celebration, they'll remember the 5-2 game you guys lost to the Capitals, as the game where Ovi hit another 50 goal season. S*cks to be you.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I think there's a big differenc between celebrating success and trying to embarrasss another team. Sometimes that line is pretty thin for players and personalities. Ovi hasn't shown a penchant for showing up someone else - it doesn't appear to even enter his mind - he's just celebrating his 50th and the first goal of the game. - it's not like this was the sixth goal in a 6-1 beatdown - or a single goal in a 6-1 loss. He wouldn't have celebrated if those had been the case.

It's over. It was pretty funny when you really think about it.

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Don Cherry is "defending Canada" and Ron Wilson provides social commentary about what is "wrong with our society." Help us all. OV will give some little Toronto runt a smackdown tonight.

Posted by: washingtonpost31 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

hey stanley...who's winning the cup this year?

Posted by: reesem37 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

don't care about it if somebody don't like it. I play myself, "Did he just say what I thought he said! LOL

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

reesem ....NOT the Caps!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Is Don Cherry in Toronto? Is that the broadcast home? If Ovi scores tonight, he should rip off his jersey and show a hideious sport coat underneath, and then pumpernickel, and then ride his stick, and then point to the cameras. Do a dance, make a little, and get down tonight.

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Devils vs. Wings in the final

Posted by: reesem37 | March 24, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

ENOUGH with the stick thing already. aren't there other things to talk about, such as the PLAYOFFS?????

Posted by: doughless | March 24, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

OV will give some little Toronto runt a smackdown tonight.

Posted by: washingtonpost31 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Thats Semin Job!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

wow...you figured that out all by yourself stanley... your mom mustr really be proud. I think she's calling you in for snack time....mmmmm peanut butter and jelly samiches, my favorite

Posted by: reesem37 | March 24, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

your pens arent going anywhere either...not with a bunch of soft players...Therrien had it right (They're all too soff)

Posted by: reesem37 | March 24, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Maybe instead of that "Russian Machine" cartoon, the VC media folks should play a recording of Ovi yelling "Are you not entertained!?"

Posted by: koalatek | March 24, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

SC1907: You laughing at OV's quote just shows how ignorant you are. He came here 4 years ago and couldn't speak any English. In 4 years he speaks it well enough to both comprehend and provide a response we can understand. Let's see you teach yourself Russian to that proficiency level in 4 years. Man you are a pompous person.

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 24, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

But the devils have lost two in a row! They must be awful.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

don't care about it if somebody don't like it. I play myself,

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

fyi, he's russian and is just learning the language, what's you excuse for not making sense?

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 24, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

All in all, I ask SC1907: do you have a Stanley Cup to brag about? Just wondering. If you don't, then you're no better than the rest of us hoping that they get it, or at the very least, play for one. Just to keep things in perspective, SC1907, what do you get from posting your negative hoo-hah in a forum where most or all of us are hoping for the best? Do answer that question because if we're able to understand your motivation for being the troll that you are, maybe we'll understand truly what psychosis your therapist should be addressing during your sessions. *bops SC1907 on the head with a foam bat*

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

What the hell is a "Pumpernickel?" hahaha

Posted by: SA-Town | March 24, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

A pumpernickel is when, after a goal, the scorer skates down ice, winding up his arm in a circle real fast. Luc Robatille used to do it all the time.

Posted by: stwasm | March 24, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

OV you are my hero!
How about a hat trick tonight just for old times sake.

Posted by: tURBO8 | March 24, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Don't feed the trolls.

Now, if you prefer to squirt water at it from a water gun or want to use a rolled up newspaper to swat the troll on it's wretched nose, then do so. Make sure though that after each squirt and nose swat, that you firmly point your finger at it and with authority say, "NO! Bad troll."

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

i think bernie nicholls invented the pumpernickel...

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 24, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for answering my question jmu_capsgirl.

Posted by: Redwolf1 | March 24, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

"I have heard a couple of versions of who SC1907 is:
1) He is a Caps player having fan with the bloggers and teasing Semin
2) He is a Caps player who does not like Semin.
My best source, a person that socialize with some of them, has confirmed the first version.
LOL."

Posted by: tELb | March 24, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907 is Donald Brashear...so, how's the jaw...i mean knee?

Posted by: fullright | March 24, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

You know the Canadiens don't care for OV for another big reason. The Russians used an old Canadien good luck trick during last year's World Championships.

"Team Russia has also made use of the lucky loonie - in the IIHF world championships in the year 2008 the coin was buried by Alexander Ovechkin at the centre of the ice and then dug out after Russia beat Canada 5 - 4 in overtime."

Don't let Don Cherry lead you to believe he only dislikes OV because he gets too excited when he scores.

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 24, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Ron Wilson
Q: Why has Ovechkin's celebration received so much attention?
A: "Because you guys have nothing better to talk about to be perfectly honest.

Can't be anymore honest and straight forward than that, but it begs the question: Did the reporters get it?

Posted by: opita1 | March 24, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

@SC1907 What are you wearing right now?

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The best part of Ron Wilson's comment: "Because you guys have nothing better to talk about to be perfectly honest."

This, exactly.

*sigh* At least it'll be the Joe B feed instead of TSN. I think. Let's hope our boys step it up a notch and take it to them tonight. I want two points.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

i want two points too.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I just hope that SOB, I mean my favorite referee McCreary doesn't follow the Caps to Toronto this evening. Man, I hate that guy almost as much as he obviously hates the Caps!

Posted by: PhilR | March 24, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I want the #2 seed.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

@mike,

I've said before that I'm not overly interested in worrying about the #2 seed but it sure looks like if we're #3 we'll end up with the Canes or the Pens to open. I've got no problem avoid either of them and seeing the Rangers or Habs to open.

Maybe I need to rethink this.

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Ron Wilson
Q: Why has Ovechkin's celebration received so much attention?
A: "Because you guys have nothing better to talk about to be perfectly honest.

Posted by: opita1 | March 24, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

i bet they chuckled amongst themselves and thought "wow, if only toronto had a great player like ovie so we could be talking about playoffs instead of some stupid stick celebration". i gotta believe that TO leaf beat reporters are like skins beat reporters down here. you have to talk about something, anything interesting even though the team sucks.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 24, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 24, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

That's not the story as I understand it. What I heard was that Ovie spotted the Loonie, asked someone about it (maybe Mike Green?), and decided that if Russia won, he was gonna dig it out of the ice himself. But as far as I know, Ovie did not bury the loonie, one of the Canadian players did.

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

oh, and as delightful as Bruce is, and his pre-game with the press never fails to produce a laugh, there's soemthing I really really miss about Ron Wilson's acid tounge beat downs!

although...."But I don't think he's going to be taking out a pen and writing on his stick and handing it over to Ron [Wilson] after he scores." I'd love to see this, if only for Ron's reaction :)

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PhilR | March 24, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

McCreary doesn't hate the Caps so much as he hates Russians. So teams with lots of Russians consistently get screwed by him. Remember when the Wings had the Russian Five? McCreary used to screw them CONSTANTLY. If this wasn't a family-friendly newspaper blog, I'd use some colorful language to describe it.

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Pumpernickel was name of celebration, play on words (Nicholls' last name), for the way he pumped fists after a goal.

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 24, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

51 is a much more important goal than 50. I hope he does the worm!

Posted by: _828 | March 24, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Urban Dictionary, Troll: "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

That is, when you respond to a troll, you encourage them to visit and post again. PLEASE stop responding to them, thanks.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

RedBirdie, You're right about the loonie. The Canadians buried it and Ovi just dug it up.

If anyone has a media guide, it generally lists the officials for the night.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

i dont know about that, SC1907 hasnt posted since leftcoast shot him with a squirt gun and i asked what he was wearing.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

So what if Ovie skates to the bench after a goal and grabs a Sharpie and signs the stick and then they auction it for charity? And they give the money to the fund for the children of Canadian soldiers who die in the war? And he signs his jersey after the game and that money goes also to the charity? WWCD? (What would Cherry do?)

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 24, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

All the same, Mike, it's better not to refer to these losers at all, particuarly by name.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 24, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Cherry will malfunction and explode.

contradictory information does that to robots.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907: I think you are mentally retarded. Why did you choose to come here? Why not another team? I bet you secretly love the Caps. Who is your team? oh right, your team doesn't even exist. If you're on here 24/7 you must be a Caps fan!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Now that would be class Tom on OV's part ..But do it after the game and have Cherry sign it. Dont hold your breath

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

he's wearing head gear.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

rachel...

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Choreographed celebrations are terrible

i love the emotion and the enthusiasm he shows..but please no more choreographed celebrations..he looked pretty stupid doing it anyway

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | March 24, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Please Rachel this is a hockey blog no personal attacks if you continue I wont respond to you anymore

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

If you dont like him celebrating...then stop him from scoring! Simple as that!

Posted by: krig84 | March 24, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 1:42 PM

@sainetex: IIIIII LIIIKE IT! I never cease to be amazed that a man like Grapes--who inflicts such absolute sartorial horror on his countrymen every Saturday night--has the unmitigated gall to criticize OV for being too flamboyant. For Chrissakes, the man must buy his shirts at Goodfellas-R-Us or Wiseguy Custom Tailoring.

Posted by: koalatek | March 24, 2009 1:47 PM

@koalatek: I Like that too!

Max-i-mus! Max-i-mus! Max-i-mus!

Don't feed the trolls.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 1:52 PM

@Lefty: Personally, I find it more satisfying to poke them with sharp pointy sticks.

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

It's the sign of a real loser to troll on a blog. Take the ice OV and let it rip. I hope he get's 60. I can't wait to see what he does for that.

Posted by: ridgely1 | March 24, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Tarik, I'm assuming that crazy Tampa Bay-Toronto trade went through, but did you ever get to talk to Olie about it? I don't think he's even been to Tornoto yet, since I heard Cujo was planning on getting Olie a jersey and sending it to him so he won't forget he was once, briefly, a Leaf.

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: koalatek | March 24, 2009 1:47 PM

@koalatek: I Like that too!

Max-i-mus! Max-i-mus! Max-i-mus!

I just spit my drink all over my desk.

thanks.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Sorry oo7... that "LET'S GO NO CUP CAPS!!!" by SC really annoys me. Why is he bashing our team?! It makes no sense, this is Caps Insider, for Caps fans only. I don't care if you do not respond.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

He's wearing adult undergarments. Sorry.

I just had an epiphany. What if SC1907's life is devoid of any social interactions because he is socially inept and has all this pent-up frustrations and takes it out on the message boards? In essence, we're all he has. We're the only ones who provide him any form of social interaction and actually listen to him, albeit unwillingly. =/ Makes me feel sad for him. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.

SC1907: I have an extra Alexander Semin jersey you can have, if you promise to be nice.

*squirts SC1907 with water again* *points with authority* "NO. Bad Troll."

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Choreographed celebrations are terrible

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | March 24, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

There is intelligents in Washington!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:55 PM

last I heard was that they were setting him up for a position inside the Leaf's organization after this season.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40: I didn't want PETA on my back for abusing animals. =P

Btw, where's Whygo been? I kinda' miss him. =(

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Yea I hope he does the worm next! That would be hilarious. And SC1907 I heard Brashear's ego I mean knee is healing well.

Posted by: capsfan01 | March 24, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

There is intelligents in Washington!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 2:56 PM

Kinda' obvious then that you don't live in Washington. Intelligence, not intelligents.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Intelligents...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Ha

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

SC1907, You just showed some real INTELLIGENCE....learn how to spell troll!

Posted by: PhilR | March 24, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Thats why BB holds the coach of the year. When I saw this celebration I had exactly same thougts that theres nothing wrong with it. Also if somebody doesnt like it - keep it to Urself cuz UR IN MINORITY (proud minority) :) So most people liked it, some Tampa folks didn't and its their opinion, the bottom line is TAMPA DID NOTHING ABOUT IT AND LOST big time.
End of story! Nobody is going to score 50 this season and Ovie had the right for a 5 sec celebration.

Posted by: Hazz | March 24, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Muh-muh-my intelligents,um, live inside, um, my, um, head.

Posted by: kevbnyc | March 24, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

intelligent is a noun and they are capable of being plural.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil, does Toronot know what its getting itself into with the trifecta of Buke, Wilson, and Kolzig all in the same organization?! Can you picture the staff meetings? Who will drop more f-bombs?Who will punch a hole in the wall first? What will the media think?

oh, good times!

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Oh is this the Washington Spelling Bee Blog?
I was looking for a Hockey Blog but no one speaks the language

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

SC doesn't know when to use commas and how to spell correctly. Was it you who spelled only like "ownly?" and now intelligence.. Hey SC, you have intelligents.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh is this the Washington Spelling Bee Blog?
I was looking for a Hockey Blog but no one speaks the language

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I like what BB said today, but it seems like he backtracked from what he said in earlier days.

(Intelligents, hahahaha)

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Oh is this the Washington Spelling Bee Blog?
I was looking for a Hockey Blog but no one speaks the language

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:07 PM

usually I am all against people attempting to call people out on simple semantics.

But you tried to call someone out on their intelligence and spelled it wrong.

fail.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

"Indefinite suspension from the blog"; that's hockey blog talk for, "Beat it Pens fan."

Posted by: kevbnyc | March 24, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Mabye he is from the dungeen of doom?

Posted by: _828 | March 24, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Haha, spelling bee blog. SC, you are real funny. Not.

Yes, this is a hockey blog and we talk about hockey here but it's pretty hard not to say something to someone who spells like that. We are only helping you, so now you know how to spell ONLY and INTELLIGENCE. You're welcome.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Those who speak intelligently about hockey do not have their grammar or spelling questioned but trolls like you will be ridiculed so get used to it or go back to the Pens blog!

Posted by: PhilR | March 24, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil, does Toronot ......Go get him Rachel It was Redbirdie

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Oh is this the Washington Spelling Bee Blog?
I was looking for a Hockey Blog but no one speaks the language

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Your mistake. Go away.

People are spending more time talking to some kid in dirty diapers than about hockey.

For some reason, Toronto has been playing the caps tough the past two seasons. And the way the boys are playing, this may be a tough game tonight.

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

wow

Posted by: Moose33 | March 24, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil, does Toronot ......Go get him Rachel It was Redbirdie

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:14 PM

too bad he wasnt attempting to call someone out on their inteligence.

fail. 2x.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Is Sitout Semin playing tonight?

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

There's really a sociology paper in the whole Ovi celebration debate and how it reflects on the larger European/Canadian culture clash in the NHL as a whole. I wonder if football (soccer to the Americans among us) has the same debate at all; I don't know enough about the league's makeup to know whether it's dominated by Europeans or whoever.

That said, I'm still waiting for word on whether Pinner will play tonight and if so, who's sitting. I am glad for this light stretch - if a bug is going to shoot through the locker room, let's get it over with now.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I think I'm getting less intelligents reading some of these posts, if ownly I could make myself stop but it's like crack

Posted by: Moose33 | March 24, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

too bad he wasnt attempting to call someone out on their inteligence.

fail. 2x.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

SPELLING ERROR SPELLING ERROR quick rachel

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

there a few grammar errors in there as well.

try to find them.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

So richmondphil, 2 x fail = SC1907? I just want to make sure since my intelligents isn't that gooder.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

SC: That's different. I KNOW RedBirdie was typing Toronto, now you, you typed intelligents because you thought that was how it was spelled. Accidently typing Toronot instead of Toronto is okay. Now don't tell me you were trying to type intelligence but you accidently typed intelligents.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Rachel! I order you to STOP talking to the Troll!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

ok, so now that smarty pants has given us a laugh for the day, I consider tonight a critical win.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Rachel until u have played the game of Hockey ...Coached the Game of Hockey Commentated On the Game of Hockey You will be nothing more than a fan in the cheap seats

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

1. Tarik, nice reference to Tiger Williams. Old time hockey indeed.

2. I see Bruce disapproved of my sharpie and stick in the crowd (not too serious) suggestion. In my defense, my idea had the added flair of lighting it on fire first.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 24, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

seriously rachel, please stop.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Oldtime,

I was hoping he would pass on my idea of eating cherries when they scored....

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

leeguru, what do you make of Torontos recent success?

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Les Capitales.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

leeguru, what do you make of Torontos recent success?

Answer:Burke!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

leeguru, what do you make of Torontos recent success? Answer:Burke!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

yeah, trying to post here during work hours and not get caught tends to result in a few spelling errors.

Besides, when discussing the Leafs, somehoe, ToroNOT seems appropriate :)

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Darn, I thought it was the aquisition of Heward and Kolzig. Shucks

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 24, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907: You are also nothing but a fan. A fan of which team? I don't know. You have never played, coached, or commentated. At least my favorite team is not the Kenora Thistles. Also, quit capitalizing everything. Leeguru, stopping NOW. I'm stopping cause you bolded the ORDER!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I think that Montreal faultering has made Toronto excited. Getting in ahead of Montreal is driving Toronto forward.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Thats ok Redbirdie but rachel takes is personal

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

That was the last post to him, I PROMISE! I would underline promise but it doesn't work on this blog. Sorry Leeguru and oo7! I hate angering fellow Caps fans! Sorry guys!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mikebrady1

No, Mike. It's your intelligents is more better than SC's.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Sorry rachel, slipped back into sergeant mode. he's feeding off of you. We all want you back with us. Come to the light. Speak of good things. The Caps play tonight. All will be well....

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Rachel better brush up on you Cup history

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PhilR | March 24, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 2:26 PM

@RedBirdie: But what about the times when it's a Russian-on-Russian cheap shot? I still think the man (and I use the term VERY loosely) shows a marked bias against the Caps--regardless of who is truly at fault.

I've said it before and I am compelled to say it again: McBleary should never again be allowed to officiate another game involving the Caps.

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

oops SORRY Rachel you = your

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

So, we have established that the Canadian hockey media has a one-track mind, and it stays in that track unless you jerk its leash sideways. The fact that a discussion of Ovi's goal celebration trumps Osgood getting the hook last night speaks to that.

So, what will it take tonight to get the Canadian media on a different topic. Would Ovechkin scoring a hattie? Maybe Bourque getting a couple? Laich? Fehr? No guarantees on any of these obviously.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Rachel better brush up on you Cup history

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 |

The 1907 SC was won by the Kenora Thistles I'm pretty sure that's what Rachel was talking about.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Philly is only six Points behind us. Does that make anyone uncomfortable? They could end the season with a 40 goal, three 30 goal, and one 20 goal scorer. That's pretty good. and scary.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else drawn the same conclusion as me?
StanleyCup1907 = Windjammersouth in disguise.

Posted by: abuddy2004 | March 24, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Sc1907 is trying to hint at the fact that he means the Montreal Wanderers, who won the cup in the same year.

we have been over this NUMEROUS times with him. Thistles or Wanderers. Why he keeps harping back on it, I have no clue.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Really now Greg ! You better brush up too!
Having your team never winning the Cup its doesnt surprise me you dont know that much about it

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Let's Go Caps...finish the season strong no matter who's playing!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 24, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"There is intelligents in Washington!"

Ahhhh, the irony.

Posted by: ouvan59 | March 24, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Everyone! STOP TALKING TO THE TROLL!!!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

@oo7: Me. Yeah. We need to step it up because that's pretty disturbing.

One bit of good news, though, nabbed from Puck Daddy. Did I miss the fact that Don Koharski is retiring at the end of the season?

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

@SC1907: Pot calling the kettle black, I would think. You've not shown any mark of anyone who has played hockey, coached, or owned a hockey team of your own so your comment to rachel216 that all she'll be is a fan. Worse things could be said but being a Capitals fan isn't one of them. Poor, sad you.

Oh, and intelligent isn't a noun. It's a pronoun. Intelligence is the noun.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Rhino40, very easy. in the cases of Russian-on-Russian violence, always side with:
a. Russians who have made Italian nicknames (ex. Malkin being known as "Geno")
b. whichever team has less Russians

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh Lee Lighten up thats what ppl do here is talk hockey.....We encouage users to analyze, comment on and even challenge washingtonpost blogs

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Lefty very good ...Now do you know what a Puck Bunny is?

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40: I didn't want PETA on my back for abusing animals. =P

Btw, where's Whygo been? I kinda' miss him. =(

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 2:58 PM

@ Lefty: Don't know. BTW, I'm a native Californian--my folks still live in the SD area. I grew up in Santa Cruz (Last bastion of the 1960's and cradle of the New Age, where you can still find real live hippies actually making a living doing whatever it is that hippies do)...

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

@kittypawz

Now all we need is Devorski to retire also.

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 24, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

@Rhino40: I didn't want PETA on my back for abusing animals. =P

Btw, where's Whygo been? I kinda' miss him. =(

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 2:58 PM

@ Lefty: LOL on the PETA comment--those folks need to get a life. Don't know about WhyGo, though.

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Now I have the velcro suit on apparently.

Apparently we both have to learn something. The cup was awarded twice that year, once in January (Thistles) and the other in March (Wanderers). The first NHL team to win the cup was in 1917-18 by the Toronto Arenas. http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/almanac/nhl/

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

To celebrate or not to celebrate is no question at all. Ovie has a right to celebrate his accomplishments and he is right to interact with and acknowledge his fans. I’m starting to think all those hockey aficionados north of the boarder need adult supervision…

Posted by: ken_nickell | March 24, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 3:23 PM

No. Actually, SC1907 = Epic Fail

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

@Greg S.

Did you see the note at the bottom?

NOTE: 1918-19 series between Montreal and Seattle cancelled after five games because of influenza epidemic.

What a bunch of wussies, Sc1907 did'nt buy tickets that year to the finals just to see it cancelled because of the flu. Come on man up!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 24, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

7 cant come fast enough. I've got nothing to do right now.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

So a bunch of my friends from the Northern region seem to agree that Carolina scares the crap out of them. These are devils, rangers, and penguin fans.

Suffice to say, Carolina scares the crap out of me too

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

God I miss Ron Wilson.

Posted by: spacecadetkid | March 24, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

FWIW, in San Jose, the Sharks that are stars of the game actually sign a souvenir stick. While his name is announced, the player gives the autographed stick to a kid in the lower bowl.

Anybody know if other teams do anything similar?

Posted by: SuperG5 | March 24, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

"100 trolls on the blog, 100 trolls. Take one down and kick it around - 99 trolls on the blog.

99 trolls on the blog, 99 trolls. Take one down and kick it around - 98 trolls on the blog.

98 trolls on the blog, 98 trolls. Take one down and kick it around - 1000 trolls on the blog.

1000 trolls on the blog, 1000 trolls. Take one down and kick it around - 1001 trolls on the blog.

Posted by: hock1 | March 24, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

@ludeman95: I wouldn't cry if Bill McCreary sought greener pastures, either.

@richmondphil: Yeah, they're scary good this year. I don't want to face them in the first round.

And hear hear on the nothing better to do. I could clean my house, though.

Posted by: kittypawz | March 24, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Can you please enlighten me with the wonderful knowlege you have, SC?

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

@Leeguru,

Eating cherries would be good. So would putting on ugly sport coats, although to be fair, Cherry has graduated to insanely ugly ties.

Hey, Lee, off topic, I seem to recall that you sell Beamers, is that true? If so, I might be interested in talking to you.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 24, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Rachel, you promised!

Posted by: ludeman95 | March 24, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

ludeman

Yep. I did notice that. That was a particularly nasty strain, though. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351, or all of WW-I.

I also noticed that 1924-25 was the last year that a non-NHL team won the cup (Victoria Cougars).

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Re pumpernickel: Is that where the goal scorer goes into a half-kneel and pumps his one arm as though pulling the starter rope on his Evenrude?

Posted by: Bartolo1 | March 24, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I did promise, Ludeman95! Sorry! I just had to put that out there cause SC thinks he knows everything. I want to see if he can teach me something cause according to him I know nothing. But anyway, I WILL NOT talk back to him ever again! Sorry guys! Now let's get back to talking about tonight's important game. The thing I'm getting sick of is people STILL talkin' about Ovie's celebration. I know Tarik's post is about Ovie's celebration but it's getting old now.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

problem is the refscoming to replace those sobs are gonna be worse.

Posted by: oo7 | March 24, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I asked two Canadians what a pumpernickel was and they had no idea. I guess there citizenship should be revoked. Since they are associates of mine I will not name them in fear that Don Cherry would have them shot for dishonoring Canada......

Posted by: mjwies11 | March 24, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Oldtime.

3019848989 x107 is the office line. I would be happy to hook you up!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

feed the trolls...tuppens, tuppens, tuppens a bag

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

a. Russians who have made Italian nicknames (ex. Malkin being known as "Geno")
b. whichever team has less Russians

Posted by: RedBirdie | March 24, 2009 3:58 PM

O, RedBirdie, that's a good one...ROTGDFLMMFAO XD

Posted by: Rhino40 | March 24, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

mikebrady1, lol!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

You people who respond to SC07 are total morons. Don't respond, is it that hard?

5-2 tonight, Road win

Posted by: gtydings | March 24, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

@mikebrady1:

Great Mary Poppins reference, but I think it is "tuppence" (a type of currency).

@all:
Reading today's comments makes me miss the old days of Kenwood, Scofield, Holy Olie, DefenseWinsChampionships, Roger #94, Super, JSchon, 828, Pothier's Thumb, Clark's Groin, Papa "Panzer" Schultz, Boo!, Sombrero Guy, Jordan, Rep. Health Shuler, and yes, even Chief, among others. Sigh.

Posted by: 1hockeymom | March 24, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

@1hockeymom: You and me both, although it started much earlier than today.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

5-2 tonight, Road win

Posted by: gtydings | March 24, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

yes, it is hard. i just can't quit him. it's too much fun. tell him to stop posting stupid stuff and i will stop responding.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | March 24, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I've been to a non-hockey blog for another major newspaper.

The host kills id's from people deemed to simply exist for disruptive purposes without comment.

I find that place thrives.

That requires interaction if not observation from the host.

Posted by: austinsteve | March 24, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Or just click the REPORT ABUSE after every one of his post

Posted by: gtydings | March 24, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Caps win 14-2

Posted by: SA-Town | March 24, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Did I misspell tuppence? Blame Alice (or Carol, or Sam, or...)

My bold prediction Caps 21 Maple Leaves (sick (sic)) 1

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I think that Ovie's actions are self-defeating, and, as the best hockey guys around I would think Ovie and/ or at least BB would know this.

It is simply not good hockey strategy for any player (let alone the TEAM and LEAGUE's best goal scorer) to draw unneeded attention to himself, and the best players have known this.

Score 50 goals 3 years in a row and NHL teams will take notice enough, ... without the dancing over the stick.

Posted by: dml1077 | March 24, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Any team as hot as the Canes right now are dangerous. The Eastern Conference playoffs are shaping up to be a whole lot of really strong teams - at least six of them. We'll lose two strong teams in the first round....

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsfan1: I'm with you. It's kinda fun. I like poking fun at him, but he asks for it by saying "There is intelligents in Washington!". He will probably be back around 7pm so hopefully I can restrain myself from responding. GO CAPS!!! (Best team ever.)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

In Ovechkin's defense, the NHL is to blame for all the negative criticism he has received lately as well. Remember in the skills competition fans all over were egging him on and applauded him in the shootout, wanting to see more.

Now something nearly as silly, and there are people who don't like it. I'd be confused too.

But on to tonight's game the Leafs are on their usual March Madness of winning when they decide it's time to start winning like they've done the last 3 seasons. Just shut down Grabovski, Blake, and Stajan and all will be good. Just put Schultz on Kubina because he doesn't shoot when somebody is even in front of him.

Posted by: hockeynightincanada | March 24, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

You forgot "Pony". He's been pretty good lately.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

saintex

But... But... But, I thought the only reason the Caps had this many points was because they play in the SouthLeast Division? (being sarcastic)

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

@greg, may still see three teams from the SE. I know the northerners have some claim on a weak SE but we know it's not true. I'm so looking forward to the playoffs.

Posted by: saintex | March 24, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

caps 37 - leafs 0
theo and cheese split the SO
ov get a natural hat trick in each period
somehow nyls get a +/- of -1. that way all the nyls haters will have something to complain aboot tomorrow (it's spelled that way for all the canadians out there)

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I can't remember what I was listening to, but someone suggested that the top 16 in the league make the playoffs and are paired up that way. Thoughts?
That would put 7 WC teams and 9 EC teams in the playoffs, and we would be playing the Rangers, as it stands now.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be a gas to see FL, NC and the Caps in and Pitts, Mon, Sens, and Tor out? I can hear the Northern winds howling on that!

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

that might happen greg, minus Pittsburgh.

let's see if FLA has what it takes to edge out the habs.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm officially rooting for my Rags (sorry. Can't help that), FLA and Buffalo (long shot, I know).

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and whoever plays Pittsburgh.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

jmu_capsgirl:
i believe that is how it was done when 16 of the 21 teams in the league made the playoffs.
if only the NCAA basketball tourny would add two more weeks - we could see 256 of 347 scholls in the postseason
the nhl needs to reduce the number of teams that make the playoffs from 8 per conf. to 6. top 2 get a bye and 10 days off as a reward.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Good for Ovie. Ovie being himself is never disrespectful. Let's hope the team can fight through the flu bug and pick up 2 points tonight!

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | March 24, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

@gtydings,

One of my co-workers made an identical prediction on what the Caps result will be tonite. 5-2 Caps. Hope you are both right.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | March 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 5:40 PM

no they dont.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

And if this team (the Caps) play their game and with their intensity, there's no reason why they can't win the Conference. They would need help to do it, though.

Posted by: Greg S. | March 24, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Kirk, Hmmmm.... Not sure how I feel about that.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Tarik's posted pre-game.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Or just click the REPORT ABUSE after every one of his post

Posted by: gtydings

I don't read everyone's post, but I do notice that SC1907 makes people crazy with his opinions, is that abuse? or a disagreeable opinionated person? I didn't agree with him a long time ago, I stated it and I left the arguments. Why can people do the same?

Posted by: opita1 | March 24, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

@SC1907: Puck bunny. That would be defined as the set of tweens sitting next to me and my cousin when we were watching the Caps against the Panthers at VC in mid-February. All seemed to not mind sharing Alexander Semin and taking turns having his illegitimate children.

How does that have anything to do with you, my dear? Besides you having competition for Semin?

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Does anybody really believe there are actual Caps players posting in this forum, or for that matter, the Caps message board?
I don't believe it for one minute.

Posted by: Dougeb | March 24, 2009 11:42 PM | Report abuse