Ovechkin scores in Russia's win at worlds

Alex Ovechkin scored the game winner to help two-time defending champion Russia beat Slovakia, 3-1, in Russia's opener at the world championships in Germany.

Alexander Semin had three shots on goal and a slashing minor but no points on Sunday. Goalie Semyon Varlamov, meantime, was listed as the third (emergency) goalie.

Ovechkin's goal was his 19th in five world championships appearances. The two-time NHL MVP also had three shots on goal in 14:29 of ice time.

Slovakia's coach, by the way, is former Washington bench boss Glen Hanlon.

Russia's superstars had to put in a full workday, but they came home with a 3-1 over Slovakia in their first game of the tournament.
Maxim Afinogenov and Alexander Ovechkin got a goal a piece, Viktor Kozlov a goal and an assist, and Vasili Koshechkin made 32 saves in front of a capacity crowd of 18,522. Ivan Majesky scored Slovakia's lone goal

Read the gamer over at IIHF.com here.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  May 9, 2010; 6:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Gabby' set to chat Tuesday
Next: Ask Bruce Boudreau anything, 10 a.m.

Comments

Who cares. I don't even know why I am here.

PR

Posted by: paulvincentleo | May 9, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

I second that...who cares.

It's just too bad Ovi couldn't score any game winners against another Slovakian goalie named Halak.

Posted by: chrisclarksucks | May 9, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

If the Blackhawks and Pens join the Sharks in the Final Four, that makes the Caps underacheivment that much more pronounced. The other three best teams will have made it. (Forget the Devils and Sabres, Pens were always the team to beat.)

And I third the above. Nothing could mean less to me.

Posted by: hockeypuck1 | May 9, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Only two of the four best will be able to make it to the next round - San Jose and whoever wins the Vancouver/Chicago series. The Pens are maybe 7th or 8th best - 3rd in the East at best.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 9, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

majesky played for the caps and scored a 180 footer against the pens...

Posted by: gocaps01 | May 9, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

I just hope they're having a great time! This tournament means so much to Mother Russia. Score, have fun, meet cool Euro chicks, drink, and just for fun occasionally check the tv above the bar. After they report every soccer..er...futball score, they may give a few scores for that Canadian/American Stanley Cup thing.

Posted by: kcbrichmond | May 9, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

timmyv38 - you don't know hockey. Watch baseball. As Caps fans we wish we were in the last two Stanley Cups. The Penguins may do it three years in a row. Check histor and brush up on baseball.

Posted by: OhnoitsAlexo | May 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

who really cares about this anyway, especially in the olympic year? I'd rather have young players who have something to prove in these tournaments than guys like Semin, Ovi and Kovalchuk... if they win, they were supposed to and if they lose, they will be criticized yet again.

Posted by: joek443 | May 9, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

IIHF is the NIT tournament of professional Hockey. I'd be ashamed to play it again for the 3rd year in a row laying another SC playoff egg. All the elite players are still playing in the Stanley Cup playoffs. There isn't much of a challenge in the IIHF. Good for Backstrom to turn down the invitation. Please sign this guy already.

Posted by: LloydChristmas | May 9, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OhnoitsAlexo | May 9, 2010 8:50 PM

Why watch baseball? It's a waste of time. I know hockey very well - much better than you, judging from that post. Do I wish we had been in the last two Stanley Cup finals? Absolutely. Does the fact that the Pens have done so make them one of the best teams this year? No - they are a different team, and there has never been a more undeserving champion than the Pens of last year.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 9, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Timmy..you usually have good things to say, but to make some statement like that is just absurd.

You do seem to go out of your way to put down Crosby and the Pens...just an observation....

Posted by: richmondphil | May 10, 2010 12:22 AM | Report abuse

timmyv - I don't know what hockey you've been watching, but the Penguins are pretty damn good. Maybe you've drank too much George McPhee - Presidents Trophy Kool Aid and think they're not good since they couldn't beat the Caps in the REGULAR season.

And how can you say they were undeserving champs? They smoked the Caps in game 7 and beat the defending champion Red Wings in 7 games. To me, that seems like a quality Stanley Cup run.

Posted by: chrisclarksucks | May 10, 2010 1:04 AM | Report abuse

I don't know why I am here either, but certainly not to read the retarded comments of a fickle fanbase.

Get this: We have a GREAT time. It takes time to win the first one, but once you do - NHL history suggests, great teams will reel off 3-4 Cups over a decade. It may take us 3 years to win the first one, who cares? Just enjoy the game for that game.

Posted by: Political_Stratgst | May 10, 2010 1:17 AM | Report abuse

congrats to ovie and team russia on their win on sunday! hope it helps the caps' russian boys start having fun again playing hockey. maybe it will help them come back next year with refreshed minds and spirits.

for those saying this tournament doesn't matter because it's not the stanley cup, you may want to take a good look at the globe the next time you see one. you might notice it's round. there's lots of pretty colors on it showing all the countries of the world. north america is only one small part of the whole. i really wish my fellow americans would stop dismissing the rest of the world simply because they don't think there's any intelligent life beyond north america's borders.

Posted by: 33spinner | May 10, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

nothing to be happy about. he is supposed to be scoring our GWGs, not for rus in the useless wc.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 8:29 AM | Report abuse

33spinner,

Nice to see you have such a good attitude about things but others here live in reality, not fantasy. If the world championships mean so very much why are NHL players on playoff teams still in contention trying to get over there to particapte? I'll tell you why, because it is a cheap consolidation prize to the real thing......the CUP!!

Why do you think Backstrom turned this thing down? He knows the real deal.....Good attempt by yourxself though.

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

If all of you have been paying attention there two reasons Backstrom isn't playing and it has nothing to do with the quality of the tournament. First, he separated his shoulder in Game 4, so he is most likely doing some rehab. Second, he doesn't have a contract in a couple of months. Even if he hadn't suffered an injury he would not have gone to the World Championships without having signed on the dotted line. Hopefully the Caps lock him up soon so they can determine how much money they have to spend on everything else by the time the free agent frenzy begins.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

It's the sun goes round north america!)))

Posted by: alsin7 | May 10, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

@ 33spinner

this ain't like the olympics or the world cup in soccer... the vast majority of the best hockey players in the world are still playing here for the Cup.

this is nothing but a second rate tournament. and I'm not one of those "america first" crowd either. I wouldn't wake up at 7 in the morning on sundays to watch the F1 races live if I were one of those people.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

The best hockey players in the world are playing not only for SC, but in the World Championships as well. And now Pavel Datsyuk is going to Germany. But surely this year is pretty hard to participate in 2 world tournaments, after regular season and play-off.

Posted by: alsin7 | May 10, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I was quite happy for Ovie and his GWG. It was good, as always, to see him play. He may need this time to clear his mind/heart after his season here, during which he saw how quickly the tide can change and people (media & so-called "fans") can turn against you, even when it is undeserved. If this time on the ice at the WCs helps him do that, that's great. To top it all off, the WCs is a very important tournament, more important to many than the SC; it is a huge honor to play for one's country. The rest of the hockey world (outside of N. America) knows this as fact.

Also, ITA with the refreshing sentiments of Political_Stratgst and 33spinner as well as timmyv38. Not so refreshing? To keep coming to these boards and see those idiocentric, angry few that are still desperately clutching their *precious* that is called bitterness to their chests and repetitively snarling about the "big fail" that the Caps team/organisation is.

Yes, the round one loss was disappointing - somewhat shocking really. But the team had a great, very relevant regular season and next season is something to anticipate with excitement. For those who can't seem to move on, the solution is really very simple: either decide to be a true fan and support your team or, as some have suggested, try baseball.

GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh boy, someone else trying to tell me that to be a "true fan" of the team I am not allowed to voice any criticism whatsoever. Thanks for that, I will take your advice under advisement.

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

i agree with earlier posters, who cares. as for chat tomorrow, suggestions:

maybe someone will ask "Gabby" if he will insist on shuffling lines all season next year in lieu of having an actual set of alternate lines when adjustment is needed. also, someone should ask him if he knows how to spell the word D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

wc more important that sc? eh boy, somebody needs to get out and get some oxygen ... you must not be that demanding of a sports fan. lemme guess, prolly have 3 SE conference banners hanging in your basement bedroom ...

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

@ nena1

if you ask every NHL player at that tournament in Germany what they'd rather be doing, what do you think their answer will be?

they will all say they would rather be over here playing for the Cup so don't tell me how important that tournament is.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

In the meantime all red wings swedes are joining in with the national team in Germany.

Posted by: alsin7 | May 10, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I think maybe a good showing from the Caps players in the IIHF WC could be a confidence booster going into next season. OV and Semin had such a rough year of being criticized by the media. I hope they do will and I'm going to watch this tournament along with the SC. As I count down the days until the NHL draft and free agency.

Posted by: madflava | May 10, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

@nena1
You make some good points but you are posting in a place where people have blinders and are not true hockey fans, they are just fans of the Caps; notice how they ignore the words "to many" in your statement "... the WCs is a very important tournament, more important to many than the SC".

Posted by: hock1 | May 10, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Just as you all need to vent (constantly, it seems), I'm venting as well. Probably won't last that long though as life is rich, full and demanding. Please know that I'm not hurling careless insults your way; I'm just calling it like I see it.

And another thing, I don't get this "right" to be "demanding fan" thing. I'm a fan of a sport and a sports team, that's it. No more, no less. To be sure, I can be just as vocal and critical of things I perceive to be wrong or need to be changed as the next person. But not ad nauseaum, weeks afterwards. And, really, what sway does anyone think they hold anyway over this, a professional sports team?? None really. Zilch. Nada. Even with planned and thought-out gripe-related questions during a chat with the coach, gripes are just that. Gripes. Plain as day. I think they on the Caps side are well aware of the adjustments that need to be made.

Just as you all think that I'm a clueless, homer fan that lives in a basement (made me laugh) and still somehow thinks it's sunshine and daisies all the time, I think you guys have turned on this team, the players and the coaches all too quickly and with no regard to the journey. This team is a great team! Compare where they were even five years ago to now. What I see is foward-moving progess.

You know, when the highest level is achieved and the SC is finally attained and secured by this organisation, some might say that there's only one way left to go and that's down. Can't stay on top forever. I can't conceive of what will happen on these boards then. Look at the Pens right now. SC defending champs. No one who's a fan of that team would want to even dare think that they won't make it out of round two. They got this, right?? Right? Remains to be seen.

Anyway, have a good day!
GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Ridiculous. Of course they would rather be playing for the Cup. In lieu of that, they are proudly playing for their country. Nicky, as has been stated, is banged up and working on a new contract,so his different decision totally makes sense. Some of you are so bitter, it clouds your judgement and reasoning.

Posted by: _Mark | May 10, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I agree with doughless on his comment about the shuffling of the lines. BB needs to establish the lines, his failure to do that handicapped the Caps on the SC and almost ruined one of the best players in the game - Semin.

Posted by: hock1 | May 10, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

@Doughless,
You don't have to wonder if someone will ask your questions of Gabby. Man up and click the link and ask those tough questions from the safety of your computer. The link to submit your questions is right there in the "'Gabby' set to chat Tuesday" post.

Posted by: _Mark | May 10, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

i don't think anybody is putting down the caps b/c by thinking the wc is useless. in fact, the loathing of the wc is an indication of the caps' dismal underachievement and rightly deserved criticism.

@hock1, who made you the hockey fan police? please.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

@ r4e11:
I'm sure you mean well but your post does not effectively reflect the actual meaning of my posts. It does, however, accurately reflect - and reinforce - my proposed definition of the repetitive behavior and narrow window of perception that exists on these (and many other) Caps-related boards. But that's okay ( - I guess it's going to have to be!). I think it's time for some oxygen. :)

GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

glad for ovie, love the guy. "rock the red"

Posted by: capsfan12 | May 10, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

by the way, semin better remove that stick from his unmentionables and start scoring some friggin goals.

Posted by: capsfan12 | May 10, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

it must be summer: the goofballs are coming out of the woodwork.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin's goal was scored after Sergei Fedorov won an offensive zone faceoff directly back to Alex. This is something that rarely happened in the Caps first round playoff series with Montreal. Fedorov actually had wanted to resign with Washington last year but the Caps management decided to go in a different direction. Who knows if the Caps would have even got past the Rangers in the first round last year if Sergei hadn't scored the winning goal in game 7 against them. You want a second line center to work with Alexander Semin? See if the Caps can swing a deal with Magnitogorsk of the KHL and get Fedorov back. He had an outstanding season with them this year.

Posted by: dwollkind | May 10, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Well, he'll have to demand less than $4mil. With the need to bring in a S@H defenseman and paying Backstrom what he should get paid, we cannot afford to pay a 2nd line center $4mil. The other problem is that Feds and Semin never really had chemistry when they played together before. That's why Backstrom was moved to cetner the 2nd line in both the 2008 and 2009 post season. OV has proven he can continue to score so that'll probably work but I can't see the Caps paying more than 2.5 to 3 mil for a quality 2nd line center.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

@ dwollkind

yes please!!! :)

Posted by: bcatron11 | May 10, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I would further question the quality of player that Feds was facing this year, loved the guy when he was with the Caps but he did seem to lose a step or two two years back (which he should have at his age).

I still think getting Saku Koivu to sign a two year deal would pay dividends and wouldn't blow the bank. He could be that second line center until one of the Hershey boys shows they are ready for the big time.

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

@nena1

well, you enjoy being the all seeing hockey fan, and I will enjoy my narrow focus on the ultimate hockey prize, the Stanley Cup. in fact, while you're having your oxygen, please feel free to drink yourself silly when they raise that SE Div. conference championship banner in October (that is, if they don't check your ID). Meanwhile, I will be booing my head off from my seats and chanting "WE WANT A CUP" when they raise that lame banner again at VC.

(and for all paying attention, this will be the 5th such banner in the past 10 years, while TB and CAR have both won cups - nyyyah!) >:-p

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Guys like Ovechkin Iginla, Kariya and some many other current players are just a waste of space.
Btw, here is list of loosers who just didn't have what it takes and should be really ashamed to call themselves hockey players. They only cared about personal stats, Canada Cups, World Championships, Olympics and could care less for winning the SC, they had no heart and choked like dogs. I saw some of these loosers play, you could really tell they had no desire whatsoever to be part of history.
Come to think of it Gretzky was a looser and a choker, couldn't deliver without Messier just kept choking when his teams needed him most.

Posted by: vm40 | May 10, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

This is maybe the best article I've read about pointing out the Caps issues they need to deal with. It's a pretty good read. Just thought I'd share.

Posted by: LloydChristmas | May 10, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Great job Ovie!!! I'm sure the WC is better then the Stanley Cup... I guess Ovie just thought he could make amends for the Olympics this summer and wanted to rest up against Montreal.

Posted by: Firepelosi | May 10, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Thanks LloydChristmas,
A good read it was. We do have a few years of really good hockey to watch with our Caps and I expect that some of that will be in June.

Posted by: _Mark | May 10, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Ovi, that pathetic excuse for a hockey player, he had it all figured out. He'd rest himself during the playoffs so he could be healthy for WC. That looser Iginla just really wanted to win Olympic GM and could care less for SC, you could just tell by the way he played. Luongo is just throwing the games right now, he got what he wanted most - Olympic Gold medal. Bertuszzi made sure Detroit would collapse and that looser Euro trash Chara we'll make sure Boston will loose the next 3. Those idiots should just go and play in KHL.

Posted by: vm40 | May 10, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing Gabby will just screen the usual powder-puff questions and avoid the tough ones. It'll be a "we love the fans and we'll get em next year!" speech.

Posted by: cstanton1 | May 10, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Can someone paraphare the article posted by LloydChristmas? Fricking work blocking that website....

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrisclarksucks | May 10, 2010 1:04 AM

chrisclarksucks, want to know why I say the Pens aren't that good? They consistently showed this season that they are incapable of beating any top team. Against each of the top 5 teams in the West and both of the top 2 in the East (which is all 7 teams that had more points than them), they only had 1 win - that was against Detroit, and that was in a shootout. And this year, they're not going to have to face any of those teams unless they make the Finals.

As for last year, they did beat the Caps and Red Wings - with significant help from the refs. Any team that can't win a series without it being blatantly called in their favor is undeserving of a championship.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 10, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrisclarksucks | May 10, 2010 1:04 AM

chrisclarksucks, I was watching the NHL - something you apparently weren't doing. Want to know why I say the Pens aren't that good? They consistently showed this season that they are incapable of beating any top team. Against each of the top 5 teams in the West and both of the top 2 in the East (which is all 7 teams that had more points than them), they only had 1 win - that was against Detroit, and that was in a shootout. And this year, they're not going to have to face any of those teams unless they make the Finals.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 10, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Sorry about the doublepost - computer glitch.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 10, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

@timmyv38 - sorry, but you really do display your hockey ignorance with that statement - Pitt only the 7th best team in the East? Gimme a break, down the middle they are as strong as it gets 1-2-3 [Malkin-Crosby-Staal] and Gonchar still runs the PP better than anybody. Granted, Fleury is streaky but they are playing really good hockey right now.

I hate Crosby as much as anybody, but to say Pitt doesn't have a very strong team, and one built for the playoffs is just asinine, no offense.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Timbo_1, I think what he was saying was 7th best team in the league....four from the west and two from the east that were better. Not saying I agree with him but I think those were his intentions....

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Actually already planning in May to boo this team in October?? YAY! Future booing FTW!!

Also, good article by Friedman - thanks, LloydChristmas.

GO CAPS!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

My bad, I read that wrong - but for the life of me I still can't make myself believe they're only the 7th or 8th best team overall, or 3rd in the east. I can't see either Boston, and certainly not Philly, beating them 4 times, assuming they get past MTL. And they're the only team I see right now capable of beating SJ. Unfortunately.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

r4e11: I am questioning whether or not you have "seats" of your own. If you did you would know that the Capitals did not have a banner raising ceremony at the 1st game last year. It was already hanging from the ceiling. They will probably raise the President's trophy banner because it is their first. Feel free to boo from your living room if you even follow the Caps enough to know what day their home opener will be next year. Don't bother googling because next year's schedule won't be released for a couple more months.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I agree, if you're ok with mediocrity, by all means, when Oct rolls around, wash down a happy pill too. After all, it's HARD to actually expect victory like they do in Montreal, New York, Philly, Detroit, or any other real hockey city. If you're a fan and serious about a cup, you won't feel bad about spurring them to do a better job which includes booing. We're not in house league anymore.

oh and good luck now that Teddy owns the Wiz - he's a basketball man - let's see where the caps fall on his list.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

oh excuse me fanohock1 (what was somebody else already a fan of hockey before you? )

Anyway pardon me for overlooking that equally useless trophy - yes you're probably right that they'll have a banner raising for that instead. Maybe you can have some of that koolaid you're so fond of drinking out of it. If we're lucky that day, maybe one of the hockey moms will bring you a cookie too.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

@Lloyd - thanks for the link, good read. I'd only quibble though about Semin - not saying he had the greatest last two series, but prior to that he was better than PPG guy, not too many can say that. He's also right around 40 every year, and never with consistent linemates - never mind a legit setup guy in the middle.

I'd love to see him with someone like Plekanec, if MTL is dumb enough to let him walk [on that note: why on earth Martin keeps giving Gomez the lion's share of the PP time is baffling; Gomez's decision-making makes Green look like a freaking Nobel laureate]. Sorry the tangent but wow.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I agree - not sure I'm too psyched about Ted owning the Wiz, they get so much attention as it is from Wilbon, etc. and they are effing terrible, can't imagine if they actually get good. Ugh.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

PhilR:

this is my paraphrase...

1) do Caps play right style to win Cup?? Caps might need to be a bit more versatile in their system. Habs negated their usual attack. This guy says players are bigger issue than system.

2) Ovie talented but predictable. The Habs had his number. tried to do everything himself and took everyone else away as a threat. Questions is can he mature and become more of a north/south player.

3) Greenie oversensitive about not being picked for Team Canada, etc. and tried to become defensive d-man. took himself out by not playing "his game."

4) Aside from Knuble, need more physicality. Missing 2nd line center, stay at home d-man and goalie. Carlson/Alzner future D. Neuvy may be best goalie in system. Need to acquire pieces (maybe from outside, since it doen't seem all of the pieces are in the Caps org). Question is how to sign RFA and add needed pieces. Sign Backie and Fehr. Look at what you can get for Flash and Semin.

that is article in a nutshell.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

FUNNY!!

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

koolaid koolaid koolaid, can't you complainers come up with another way to pounce on those of us that choose not to run the team through the ringer any more this season. Freakin' parrot.

So you're not going to claim to be a season ticket holder even though you implied you were. Figures.

If the Habs had Ovi's number so badly how did he manage 10 points (5g 5a) and Crosby and Malkin have managed 1 goal between the two of them? The Pens are getting secondary scoring. Ovi didn't fail this postseason, he contributed greatly, we needed secondary scoring. Look at the the last game for the Pens, both goals came from the point. Cooke and Talbot have scored as well. Find another horse to beat because Ovi did a great job.

The Pens top guys are stuggling to score and Markov has been out since the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st game and Spacek hasn't even touched the ice.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

@doughless,

Thanks, I appreciate it and could not agree more with all of those points (although point one not blaming the system is still out to jury).....Ovie will mature his game without a doubt, question is....when?? next year, year after....guess we will see.

2nd line center (Koivu for me), stay at home D (Volchenkov seems to be the majority pick here) and some more grit....maybe add a veteran goalie at the trade deadline but I would start with the kids and see what happens....

sounds like a good article though, I will have to check it out when I get home.....thanks again doughless.

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

fanohock1,

Try reading the comment before trashing what was said....geez man, you are the worst on here for jumping on someone when they have the least bit of criticism....as you would tell us RELAX!!

I believe he was paraphrasing what the article said and not blaming Ovie in the least...Ovie is still a bull in a china closet on the ice right now, we all know that....at some point he will mature and start picking and choosing and using his passing skills more to open up scoring chances......he is a great player now but with a little more maturation he can be better.....try not to take every comment as BASHING but rather discussing how a player can improve.

I really think you may have a heart attack on here one day pounding on your keyboard to get at us "bashers."

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

fanohock:

i was just recapping the article. hopefully you took the time to read for yourself. opposing players were pointing out one of Ovie's flaws:

Boudreau has repeatedly told reporters who ask if Ovechkin shoots too much that "a shot off his stick is better than anything else we can do." That's not the case anymore. Opponents know they can lay off Ovechkin's linemates because he isn't so interested in using them.

"Look at what happened in the final minutes of Game 7," another player said. "He tried to go by everybody by himself."

"Look at their power play," said an opposing coach. "I'm looking at Ovechkin with the puck and I'm afraid of all the talent around him. There's [Nicklas] Backstrom. There's [Alexander] Semin. There's [Mike] Green. They've got three other guys who can kill you. And he's taking them out of the game."

The guys on Hockey Network were poiting out the same thing. Ovie would be wise to read and think hard on all of this. Actually, I think Don Cherry said a year or more ago that Ovie was going to become predictable. He has some thinking to do: take the constructive criticism and grow or continue with the "I don't change anything" crap. guess we'll see.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

ok, fan of hockey ONE, you forced me to defend myself, I AM I AM I AM sooooo a season ticket holder ... there!!! oooooh! in fact i've been going to games when they couldn't get 5,000 people in the MCI center and Jason Doig was playing. Remember that name? I bet you don't have one of his red jerseys - you know why? He was playing BEFORE they were rocking the red and attracting band-wagon jumpers like yourself. Oh, and the MCI center is what they called it BEFORE it was the Verizon Center (I just didn't want you to get it confused with that former POC stadium in Landover). It sure is great that you came along in time for Ovie's third season and now you know everything about him. Whoopie for you!

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

@fan - I agree about OV, totally; he worked his tail off and played well, it certainly wasn't for lack of effort or anything like that.

But the main reason Pitt is still playing and looks to advance soon can be summed up in one word: Malkin. Once again, he is proving to be the best player on Pittsburgh, Canadien propaganda notwithstanding. He rightly draws the lion's share of the defensive attention. "Grapes" Cherry and the rest of the Canadien media won't ever admit, but that guy is the main reason Pitt won last year, along with their PP [ie., Gonchar].

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Ovie needs to re-think anything actually. If anything, it seems that he could stop a bit with the thinking. I feel that, at times during these games, Ovie's over-play may have been reflective of his teammates' under-play. But those are just my feelings. Shoulda, coulda, woulda's always easiest when it's not about you.

Ovie did not fail during the first round. To say otherwise is to just be repeating the hashed and rehashed sentiments of others instead of really trying to understand what happened.

See? Different perspective. It happens.

GO CAPS!!! I WILL cheer for you in October!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

they had to play about 10 games without Ovi this year and they did very well in those games... they scored more goals and their PP was almost 40 percent without him. I think they did equally well without Green.

I'm not saying they don't need them but maybe BB and the coaching staff really need to take a closer look. Maybe they just play better team hockey without them or some of the players are under-utilized, I don't know but I don't think you can just chalk it up to coincidence.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

@ Timbo_1

Gill and Gorges are out there just about every time Crosby is out on the ice... they don't follow Malkin, they follow Crosby.

Malkin is their Semin and he does a lot better job for them in the playoffs than Semin does for this team.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

@nena1,

And see, I have no problem with different perspective as long as I am not being called an "ovie-basher" or not a "true fan" as seems to happen a lot on this blog when your opinion is a bit critical and calling for change.

I like having civil hockey discussion and with some on here that is not possible....and that part was not directed at you by the way!!

Posted by: PhilR | May 10, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

BTW espn picked Josh Gorges as one of the top 5 d-men in the playoffs last week... he still has a year left on a 3-year/$3.3 mil contract.

think the Caps could use a d-man like him?

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

good grief, the inability of people to look crticially at the Caps is just stunning.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

@ PhilR:
I completely appreciate what you're saying - and very much agree about civil discussion. I do apologise as my "true fan" comment wasn't meant to call out anyone. I actually would go back and substitute just plain "fan" for "true fan" but that's subjective as well as we've seen.

It's just that I too like talking - constructively - about hockey/the Caps and love supporting this team. It's always been pretty much enjoyable reading what everyone on here has to say but this place has gotten so redundant, biased and just plain mean-spirited lately. Talk about drinking the kool-aid! I guess I've let it be more upsetting than it should be. So, I'll say, for myself, it's time to move on, catch some of the WC games, focus on next year for the Caps and, oddly, cheer for the Habs tonight. O.o

Thanks and I do look foward to future,civil hockey discussion! :)

GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Man I was just skimming through some of these absurd posts looking for the intelligent debates until I saw Doig's name..Ugh now I need a Tylenol.
Wasn't that the same season Chris Simon was the top scorer and demanded a ridiculus contract that we actually gave him.. Folks..those were the LOW years!

Posted by: Iceman10 | May 10, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

does anyone know if nena is actually the capstronaut??? sure sounds like someone is from outer space.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I agree about Gorges, he is one hell of a d-man. Amazing that MTL has been missing Markov and Spacek and just keeps rolling - although Subban has looked shaky of late, IIRC.

But I'm not sure about what you said - Gorges also played a lot against Malkin, IIRC - which would only make sense. Right now he's been playing much better than Sidney.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Meant to say, Subban has looked shaky of late, IMHO - damn proofreading. Guess I need the preview button, after all. But overall I still can't get over MTL's D, especially missing Markov and Spacek. I just don't know if M-A Bergeron can keep playing like this...

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

doughless - Thanks, man! You made me snort-laugh. Needed that today!! :)

As for intelligent debates, those are surely very rare around here lately.

GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: nena1 | May 10, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

glad i could brighten someones day. as for intelligent "debate", there can't be any if you start from a position that everything is perfect.

folks here don't always tow the party line.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

i think Japer's Rink is for the everything is perfect crowd.

Posted by: doughless | May 10, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

@iceman

those were low years. that hockey was ugly. the only good thing to say is that the seats were cheap. Chris Simon, what a clown he became.

i particularly remember one late season game between the Caps and the Blackhawks. I thought I was watching mites on ice, but it turns out it was only the first period. It's impressive to see how both teams have come along.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

@doughless

Back in line pal, no more dissension in this forum EVER! I had better see you at the Turtle to watch Ovie in the WC! Maybe we can chant Glory Days wings if he gets 4 goals.

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

I'd let Gordo walk and Stecks watch from the press box. Here's my lines for next year

Ovie-Backstrom-Knuble
Semin-Laich-Holmstrom
Fehr-Belanger-Chimera
Boogard-Burish-Bradley

Also gone - B Morrison, Walker, Corvo, Lang, Flash (traded)

On D - Sign Volchenkov

Volchenkov, Green
Schultz, Carlson
Poti, Morrisonn

Extras - Alzner & Erskine

Posted by: StanleyCap | May 10, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

hmm...i'd do it for sure. The Caps, not so much. You really think the Caps would go after Boogaard? They should, but they won't because they have no idea how valuable he can really be. He's very good about not taking too many penalties, he can change the momentum of games with his hitting, he draws penalties from other teams because he is relentless. He's a big presence in the crease. And again, a very effective hitter for a guy his size he skates well enough apparently to deliver some devastating well-timed hits which rarely result in penalties. Ask Edm about the Boogaard effect. They were so obssessed with him on the ice in a few games that their focus was completely off. Ditto the Ducks.

Burish is exactly the type of 4th line center every team should have. But I wouldn't dump Steckel this quickly either.

And Anton? He'll get paid. Something the Caps don't do for guys like him.

Posted by: cstanton1 | May 10, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

r4e11: You mean the former stadium that you neglected to name that was the Capital Centre prior to being renamed US Air Arena. I was there when they changed to their blue jerseys. I attended the $5 event to see the jersey unveiled and they gave free tickets to the home opener, which I had already purchased so I couldn't even give away the free tickets I received. Tell you what, if you are a season ticket holder let't meet at the first regular season home game next year and I'll buy you a beer. BTW tickets possessed by season ticket holder have account numbers on them. BTW Doig was awesome. Just kidding of course.

Ovi IS predictable, so far someone could predict that he would score 40 goals or more a season and they would have been right. The same guys on Hockey Network that said the Caps would knock out the Canadiens is no more than 5 games said that the Pens would tear up the Canadiens in 5 games or less because they are a more complete team. Little did they know their superstars would neglect to show. If Crosby and Malkin could have just potted a few of their chances this series would be over. Same could have been said about Semin, Flash, Laich, and BMo in our series. Secondary scoring failed us.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

@cstanton1

I would be a little tentative about playing Laich at center. Personally, I think he is a better winger than center, but that's not to say he couldn't do it.

As for UFA defenseman, has anybody mentioned the possibility of Paul Martin from the Devils? He is a very good veteran defender who could be valuable. I love Volchenkov but it is good to have a 2nd option.

Lastly, before the playoffs started you stated how Ponikarovsky was the, big body, grinding type of player good GMs get at the deadline and how GMGM stunk because he didn't make a trade for him or someone like him. This was an example you used to show how much better Shero is than GMGM. Do you still feel the same about the Ponikarovsky deal?

Posted by: sgm3 | May 10, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

@fanhock1

I agree with you. I love how people are pointing out how much better the Pens offense is doing against the Habs because of their extra net presence.

What they fail to point out is that the Pens have scored only 4 even strength goals in 5 games (not counting empty netters). The Pens have also drawn less penalties. The Pens even strength offense has been worse than the Caps even if you only count the last 3 games of the Caps/Habs series.

The reason the Pens are winning the series is that they have 7 PP goals in 5 games. That has nothing to do with defense, grinding or anything. The Caps had possession and chances but they missed their shots and rebound attempts, the Pens haven't.

Posted by: sgm3 | May 10, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

@sgm3

Exactly. If the Capitals power play is anywhere close to how it was all season, or even if it's just as good as an average NHL power play, and some of that improvement comes in the four games they actually lost, Capitals almost definitely win the series and everyone's happy.

Why the power play failed exactly, apart from the Canadiens doing a particularly good job on the PK for those seven games--I have no idea. Green pretty much looked bad the whole series, so it could be that not having him on the ice at all would've helped some. I don't know enough about the technicalities of hockey to blame Boudreau for failing to make adjustments.

It could be one of those random bad spells that just happens sometimes though. Randomness is everywhere. I mostly blame randomness for the series loss.

Posted by: youaresquishy | May 10, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to add Volchenkov, especially, and Holmstrom [if we could get him at the right price]. But, I'd flip Poti and Schultz so Poti and Carlson remain a pair; those two were arguably our best tandem down the stretch and definitely were in the playoffs, and IMO deserve to at least start out together.

In theory I like the idea of Laich and Semin together, but in practice that only worked when Flash was the center - and I realize I'm in the minority here by still liking Flash. But from what I've seen anyway, BL - likable as he is - is not a top-2 center on an elite team. Other #2 centers have names like Datsyuk, Crosby [ok, or Malkin - but Malkin's a better playoff performer], Krecji, etc., and he's just not in that same class. Not right now, anyway.

For the guys who will presumably be available, I really think Plekanec is a good pickup as a #2 center. Semin needs someone who can get him the puck, and Plekanec could be a 60+ assist guy, playing with a sniper like Semin.

P.S. If we do trade Flash, I'd love to see him wind up in a good place. Boston alongside Krecji would be nice.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

The Pens PP is run by Sergei Gonchar; ours by Green. Right now anyway, the decision-making is simply nowhere near the same stratosphere, at least in the playoffs or when dealing with pressure. Maybe that will improve, with time.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

@Timbo_1

Green's decision making in the playoffs has been horrid, but the PP did succeed in all the previous playoff series and that seemed to be Green's only saving grace in all the other series'.

Like youaresquishy said, I don't really know why the Caps PP failed so badly this year. Maybe it was just one of those random bad things.

Posted by: sgm3 | May 10, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, one of those random bad things - named Jaroslav Halak ;-)

Good point though - maybe I'm just being overly critical of Greenie, I do like the guy and I know he's trying hard.

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 1:29 PM |

You didn't read my post very well. What I posted was:

"The Pens are maybe 7th or 8th best - 3rd in the East at best.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 9, 2010 8:46 PM"

7th or 8th was referring to the NHL. And I didn't mean right now, I meant through the course of the season - with both NHL and East. As of right now, they're the 4th best left - and I would definitely say the best left in the East.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 10, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Timbo_1 | May 10, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

No, I think it's run more by Ovi than Green... Green is more like Letang and Ovi more like Gonchar.

the biggest difference I see between the two PP units is the movement of the Pens players... they don't stand still and wait for the perfect passes like the Caps did.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Now that all three of the dogs I had in the race are out of it (Caps, Wings, Devils), I have placed a small bet on Blackhawks 2.3-to-1 to win the Cup this year, just to make things more interesting. Sharks and Penguins are both slightly more favored, according to my sources, each at 2-to-1.

I am thinking about placing a very tiny wager on the Canucks at 15 to 1 also. If they can get by Chicago, I think they will win it all.

Posted by: youaresquishy | May 10, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Also I've never been a fan of putting a forward on the point... if you don't have at least two d-men capable of running the PP, it's a failure of the organaization.

aren't they supposed to be loaded at every position?

the Pens have 3 very capable d-men playing the point... Gonchar, Letang and Goligoski. It's really difficult to understand why their PP sucked so badly during the regular season.

Posted by: joek443 | May 10, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

fanohock1: OK, I finally give up and defer to your supreme knowledge of hockey and the caps. You caught me. I did fail to mention that the name of the stadium was the Capital Centre prior to it being the US Air Arena. It would have been kind to give me at least a few points for knowing it was in Landover. :-) But please know that I am a ticketholder and have enjoyed it for a while. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed and it would be nice to have a beer with you; however, it's pretty obvious that you copied this from Wikipedia with a very slow connection from your parents' house. Besides it being creepy having beer with such a strange person, I think that there is probably a picture of you at all the beer counters saying "DO NOT SELL". After one or two trips down the flights of stairs there, the ushers tend to get pretty tired of cleaning up the mess. This must explain why you're so delusional. Anyway, I won't write this too much longer as it's almost time to watch the Pens/Habs. And it's almost your bedtime. TTFN!

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Go Habs! The Pens have had just as much trouble scoring against them as the Caps did. Cammalleri and Halak have both been on fire. Will the #8 seed make it to the Stanley Cup?? I'm seeing Habs vs. Sharks.

Posted by: butcherbaker | May 10, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

I'll be happy if the Habs just get past the Pens. If their offense can get a couple goals a game, they can beat nearly anyone.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 10, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Where are all the Caps Haters tonight with the Habs about to force a Game #7 and possibly take out the Pens in a few nights? You know...the ignorant ones that have been blogging non-stop for the last two weeks about how terrible GMGM or BB or certain Caps players are...

Posted by: MReilly9 | May 10, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Those pesky Canadiens - who said this series would be over in four?

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | May 10, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Damn, how 'bout them Habs?

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | May 10, 2010 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Wow, because Montreal forced another game 7, everyone who questioned BB, GMGM, the Caps players, the Verizon concession workers, the ushers, and the ticket takers were all wrong. The Caps did absolutely nothing wrong, they simply ran into a hot goaltender. Whew, I am relieved! If we had all only known the Habs were the best team in the East, it would have made all this frustration easier...

Posted by: kcbrichmond | May 10, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Crosby has been disappointing and non-existent against the Habs. After six games, he has only 1 goal, 4 assists, and a whopping +1.

On the other hand, after six against the Habs, Ovie had 5 goals, 4 assists, and a +5.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | May 10, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: r4e11 | May 10, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Really, going with the bedtime schtick like I'm a youngster. Yeah, the living in the parent's house thing, that's the crap my son's put out on facebook when they're blasting people. We definitely need to meet and talk Caps hockey. Trust me, I'm not young, nor do I live with my parents. I retired from the military 4 years ago prior to starting my new career. I am willing to bet you are no more than 25 you long time Caps fan. That would make you about 12 when they moved into MCI. Right after your grandfather put you on his lap to tell you stories about the Caps old stadium in Landover.

If you're a season ticket holder who's your Guest Services Rep assigned to your account? That's isn't giving out personal information you can find their names on the internet. Mine is Julie Bohling.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

BTW, is the Pens/Habs series playing out like the Caps or what? The biggest differences are the Pens PP and Halak. As a matter of fact Halak hasn't really looked nearly as effective but is still shutting the door. On paper the Pens should be killing these guys, and if you were to poke your head in on these games without a score across the top you would swear the Pens were trashing these guys. They continue to baffle everyone. Doesn't matter that the Pens were the 4th seed, they were supposed to dispose of these guys a couple of games ago. The Caps dominated just as badly. Fleury looks rough and if the Canadiens can score early on Wednesday the Pens could be in trouble.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 10, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Nick Backstrom 11 yrs/$71.5M.

signed,

tominca1

Posted by: tominfl1 | May 10, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

Great to hear from you, nostrathomas! I hope your prediction comes true soon.

I'm finding myself rocking the rouge lately. I know it's mean-spirited, but I can't help enjoying watching the Pens struggle against the Habs. What red wine do you recommend for Wednesday and the potential coup de grace? Or would a nice Canadian beer be better? ;-)

Allez Habitants! (and apologies for my bad French.)

Posted by: wocoliz | May 10, 2010 11:12 PM | Report abuse

2nd line center Tomas Plekanec.

Posted by: sporttraveler | May 10, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

@wocoliz

Anything Molson will solve your problem because:

(1) It's alcohol
(2) It's based in Montreal

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | May 10, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

@MyPostID

Thanks!

Go Habs!

Posted by: wocoliz | May 10, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

@fanohock1 & wocoliz

I am enjoying the Pens' struggles against the Habs as well. Even with Habs defensemen going down like flies.

But still they have forced Game 7.

If the Habs pull off the upset for Game 7, a new word will have entered the hockey language: halaked; i.e. the past tense of the verb "halak" which means to get stoned by a hot goalie. (In reality, the name 'halak' means 'fish'.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | May 11, 2010 6:49 AM | Report abuse

In another note, the return of Simon Gagne to the Flyers' lineup has inspired two winning efforts due to his heroics. The man lives up to his name. Gagne is based on the French word for win.

For the Flyers,

No Gagne = no win

Gagne = win

(BTW, I've been rooting for the Bruins in that series but plan to root for the Western Conference winner this year.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | May 11, 2010 6:53 AM | Report abuse

TARIK...don't rub it in our face that Ovechkin is scoring and winning games outside of North America...

WHO CARES!

I agree, thank you backs for turning this consolation tournament down...

SEMIN--- STAY IN GERMANY!!!

Posted by: SoaringCaps | May 11, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Again, Backstrom did not turn down going to the tournament because he felt the competition was not worth his time. There are two reasons why he didn't go. First, he still has not signed his next contract so he cannot risk permanent injury. Second, he suffered an injury during the Canadiens series.

"It's hard to find too much that didn't go right for Backstrom in 2009-10. His season - like that of the entire team - ended in crash-and-burn fashion, but for Backstrom there's a bit of an explanation: he dislocated his shoulder in Game 3."

These Caps players can't win. Some want to trash Ovi and Semin for going. Others have trashed Green for not going (due to a wrist injury and GMGM recommended he give it a rest, he said that in his interview), saying he is throwing a tantrum and not going because he was not selected for the Olympic team, and still others will commend Backstrom for not going but refuse to look at the reasons why he didn't go.

Posted by: fanohock1 | May 11, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure that Backstrom actually wants to be at the World Championship, representing his country. If circumstances were otherwise, he would. Despite what people here think, it is one of the most important tournaments - behind the Olympics and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. There's a reason the 3 of them are always grouped together.

Posted by: timmyv38 | May 11, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

People also should realize that after the Red Wings were eliminated in the 2nd round Pavel Datsyuk immediately went over to Germany to play in the World Championships. It might mean little to us here but it clearly means something to people from Russia.

If it is important to them, who am I or anyone else to say it shouldn't be important. Th importance a person places on certain events differs. To use an analogy, it would be like when you played for a high school sports team. Winning the local, or state, championships were extremely important to you and your team, although the next state over all that matters is their local or state championship.

Posted by: sgm3 | May 11, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Russia - Kazakhstan 4:1, Semin 1 goal, 2 assists, Ovi 1 goal, Feds 1 assist.

Posted by: alsin7 | May 11, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse