Panthers 6, Caps 2

The Capitals suffered their worst home loss of this season and their first four-goal loss in Verizon Center since Nov. 21, 2007 against Atlanta. Simply put, Florida wanted this game more than Washington did. The Panthers had not lost two straight games in regulation since a three-game losing streak ended back on Dec. 31, and they were eager to make up for their 7-2 shellacking at the hands of the New Jersey Devils Saturday.

"We stunk," Boudreau said. "We got beat to every lose puck. It seemed like they had the puck on the power play the whole two minutes in our zone every time. I cant sugar coat it and I can't find excuses for it. We weren't very good."

Boudreau balked at any excuses for the Capitals' poor play, including the assumption that the loss was the result of a let down after the big win against Eastern Conference leading Boston yesterday. The Caps are 3-5-1 in the second of back-to-back games when they won the first.

Florida "lost an emotional game to New Jersey. They're at the end of a six-day road trip I'm not buying it. We're looking for excuses," Boudreau said. "I wouldn't buy the whole emotional thing. It's not like we're asking to get up for six games in seven nights and play at that tempo. It's two games in two days. We didn't meet the challenge and it's starting to get a little discouraging."

*The Caps have lost three of their past five games at home and allowed red-hot New Jersey to tie the Caps with 85 points after a 3-0 win against the Flyers this afternoon in which Martin Brodeur earned his 100th career shutout.

*Boudreau pulled Jose Theodore after the Panthers recorded four goals on 17 shots in the first period, but said he wasn't unhappy with Theodore's performance.

"If it wasn't for Jose it would have been 4-0 before the penalty shot," Boudreau said. "I pulled him out to protect him the way we were going....Everybody likes to rain on him in the first place. All of a sudden he keeps us in the first five minutes of the game and makes some great saves including the break away, close in shots and scrambling things, and yet we're not there to protect him. So, I had to protect him myself."

*The six goals the Caps allowed were the most they've given up on home ice this season and the most since a 6-4 loss to Philadelphia on Jan. 13, 2008.

*The four goals they allowed in the first period marked the third time this season that they've given up a quartet of goals in a single period. (At Montreal on Jan. 10 and at Philadelphia on Dec. 20.) Three of those Florida goals were power play tallies, marking the first time the Panthers have scored three extra-strength goals this season.

*After limiting themselves to just four penalties against the Bruins the Caps resorted to their old habits with seven penalties against the Panthers.

"They were just outworking us," Matt Bradley said. "They beat us in every aspect of the game today. When the other team is outworking you and you take the easy way out you take penalties."

*Boudreau couldn't pick one particular aspect of the Capitals game that he disliked the most but did add, "I honestly think it was as bad of a defensive 60 that I've seen them play all year."

*Some of you may have noticed the lack of ice time for Milan Jurcina (six shifts, 4:00) and John Erskine (four shifts, 4:46) in the third period, but Boudreau said it was a result of putting Sergei Fedorov on the point and trying to jump start the offense early in the third period. "They were no worse than anybody else," Boudreau said.

*The Caps set a new franchise record with their 11th straight sellout at Verizon Center today. A large portion of that crowd went home before the end of the third period though, which was the first time that us media folks have noticed such an exodus this season.

*Jose Theodore is now 5-for-7 on penalty shots for his career after stopping David Booth in the first period.

*Alexander Semin has 28 points (11G, 17A) in his last 21 games.

*Nicklas Backstrom extended his point streak to 10 games (4G, 9A) to set a personal record and tie Alex Ovechkin for the longest point streak on the team this season.

*Tarik will have more from Ovechkin, including his response to Don Cherry's comments so don't forget to check back. The team won't practice tomorrow, but we'll still be here with updates throughout the day.

By Katie Carrera  |  March 1, 2009; 6:44 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Today's Lineup
Next: Ovechkin responds to Cherry

Comments

discouraging

Posted by: dml1077 | March 1, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

"The Caps have lost three of their past five games at home and allowed red-hot New Jersey to tie the Caps with 85 points..."

To clarify, that's a tie the Caps lose due to wins.

Posted by: Section117 | March 1, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Boumeester for Semin. Straight up. Right now. We've seen our weakness. We've seen his strengths. They wont say no to this deal. Boumeester is still young and will just get better. This is the deal we've got to make.

Posted by: large23220 | March 1, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

So, people are bashing Jose now? Haha, his numbers are high because he is constantly a second half guy. He has played well these past few months and I see McPhee not doing anything to get another goalie. The Caps are 4th place in the NHL for a reason... why would that change? My suggestion is to stay out of the fricken box.

Posted by: _828 | March 1, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

the caps are now fifth in the nhl, behind the sharks, bruins, redwings, and devils.

watch out now for those devils.

Posted by: dml1077 | March 1, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Caps, for ruining my Sunday afternoon! Grrr! ;(

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Just managed to connect - in the airport right now. I come back to a 6-2 loss :( what the heck... I guess it's one of those stinkers, plus it's a back to back.

However (and this just reading the comments, I didn't see the game) I'm disappointed, once again, in Schultz. I gave him the benefit of the doubt cause so many good people here are defending him... and cause he's young... and cause I'm optimistic that he can improve... but shees, it's been so stressful to see him losing the puck on the boards, not clearing the crease, and just standing there in front of our goalie. Was he really that bad tonight? Can the people defending him speak up?

hey 828 is in the house :)
But man, you come to feed the trolls? Come on :) Don't be a stranger, we miss you.

Tarik, Katie
It's time to have a "report" and a "ignore" button. Please.

Brodeur is back - NJD is stronger now.

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

(repost)

We have the best player in hockey, arguably the best 3 out of the top 10 or or so.

We can get whoever we want in trade. GMGM has indicated he knows we need D help but without knowing what deals are being proposed all we can do is trust he's acting in the best interest of the team and fans overall.

Posted by: austinsteve | March 1, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

i want minnesota's goalie!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

mauree, I had to feed that troll - he was so stupid! As for posting, I am here, I just can't take the stupid comments - trade Green, trade Semin, etc... or if we lose, the sky is falling! It's pretty ridiculous. So, I have kept to myself

Posted by: _828 | March 1, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

No practice tomorrow? Hmm... I hope at least a few of the guys go to Kettler to get a little time in the gym or on skates to shake this game out of their system, or take one last look at the place before the trade deadline.

Guess we found something that Jeff Schultz does well with his height advantage. He screens goalies darn well. Maybe we have just been using him wrong all this time. Seriously, after he screened Nuevy I thought the young goaltender was going to deck him.

Had to leave early with the kids today. Everyone here has been fighting the flu and with it being a school night and the Caps playing like the Islanders it did not seem right to keep the kids there. Maybe some of the Caps also have the flu. Kinda hope that is what is causing the funk that Green, Laich and Flash appear to be in.

Posted by: Kim-3 | March 1, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

We should get Mr. Zero from the Blue Jackets. That Goalie is great.

Posted by: ejohnsto | March 1, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

I was there with the family, and we blew out after the sixth Florida goal. Even still, I feel I spent more energy there than most of the Caps.

The good news is that redemption is possible Tuesday.

Posted by: ThomasJefferson | March 1, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

mauree you're here! Well, I'm happy you missed it cause it was U-G-L-Y. I'm certainly not a Shultz defender but man, was he horrible today? He screens Jose so that Jose has absolutely ZERO chance to see the puck and then he stands in front of Neuvy and deflects it in, so 2 goals scored by Shultz for the wrong team. He is just a useless body, standing around, not moving. He has size but for the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't use it... it's like "knock somebody over man!"

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:08 PM

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:10 PM | Report abuse

this loss is one persons's fault!!!!!!!!!!
that darn Don Cherry

Posted by: wendel2 | March 1, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Schultz, Erskine, Jurcina. When paired with responsible, aware, defensive defensemen, these guys CAN play respectable hockey. When paired with each other, in any combination, they are totally outclassed against any NHL team.

Know what? I'm just going to come right out and put Morrison in that category too. I remember him as the guy who was playing so well with Green, and showing some poise and ability in the flyers series. I just realized how long ago that was, and how different he looks today.

Poti is the only defensively sound blueliner we have. He can't pull the cart himself.

Defense Wins Championships.

You can't blame this nonsense entirely on Theo. It is so clearly a matter of a bad PK, unbelievably stupid (and unbelievably frequent) penalties (Jurcina's penalty was the REAL turning point in the game), and defensemen that are just not up to snuff.

I'm not saying Jose is faultless. He is not an elite playoff goalie. Sometimes, he sucks. But of all the squeaky wheels in that need some of the limited available grease on this team, goalkeeper is a low priority. You put Nicklas Backstrom (the Wild goalie) behind Schultz and Erskine, he wont fare THAT much better.

Posted by: large23220 | March 1, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

I would rather have Pronger than Bouwmeester. Pronger is unique, differnt than anyone else. This is a team, the Caps, of unique, special players. Bouwmeester is a very fine player but he's not off on the edge like Pronger. Also, I would not trade Semin for a rental. He's worth, way, way more than that. As I put on the other thread, Laich, Morrisonn and a pick and/or prospect for pronger works in the cap and might be a win-win for Caps and Ducks. Pronger, Green and Poti all play 25 mins/game. Those three are 67% of the D-minutes you need. Getting Pronger IMO makes the Caps the team to beat in the East.

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 1, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Disclaimer: no, the sky isn't falling :D, yes, this is just a stinker, a back-to-back after a win in Boston.

However, how many of us would love to see the Caps bring it on all the times? Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind having lost a couple more games, but having battled 60 minutes all games. How many go to the games with families, friends, even first timers, hopefully to show them a good time, and have to "excuse" the Caps? That's lame.

Wonder if GMGM has something up his sleeves. We needed it last year and we still need one now: a ragged veteran d-man (or two) that will bring it on every game. One with leadership too, that can scold us when we play like today. GMGM is very reluctant to let go of some of our young guns...

I'm more and more convinced that this defense can hide many defects during regular seasons, thanks also to our talent up front. But in the playoffs it's another story.

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

19-26 is Jose's lifetime playoff record. I stick to my point that we can't go far with him.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Bears win! 6-4 over the Providence Bruins. Giroux & CBo with two goals apiece. Mink & Alzner (GWG) kicking in the other two. Cheez was in net.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 1, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Woods just said Varly should be ready to go by this weekend.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 1, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah mauree, it's pretty sad. It's like "No! Trust me, they're better than that... just not today... they had a stinker." They're probably like "this sucks, I wanna get outta here." But this was the first time I felt the Caps were completely out of it, save for the Avs game. I just knew that after it was 4-1 we were having one of those letdown games, as much as I was hoping for a comeback, it was a long shot.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1

I totally agree. I'm afraid GMGM is too reluctant to give up some of our talent / picks for Pronger. You can't give Mo and one pick lol... they want offense, and good offense.

My opinion: Semin and Ferh are untouchable. Flash is not. Laich?. Those two, Mo and a pick could lure the Ducks into a trade - looks like a better deal than Kessel (who the Bruins would be stupid to give away).

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: large23220 | March 1, 2009 6:49 PM

Caps nation will cry crocodile tears if that happens :) I would do it though and you can probably get more than just JB for Semin given the state of his contract. I say Semin and Fehr for JB and Horton

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

@cstanton

if you give up Semin and Fehr, get Pronger, not JB. But I wouldn't give either up :(

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:30 PM

And as Mauree pointed out you put a HOF goaltender behind this sloppy defensive lineup and he'll get torn up in the playoffs also. The regular record that we have means very little except to show that we're a highly skilled team who can get ourselves out of many self created jams if other teams give us enough PP chances. We're a very 1-dimensional squad on most nights, not every night, but most nights and we have the skill to overcome being outworked. But that kind of mentality will screw us in the playoffs where the teams are better, the forecheck is better and bad defensive teams end up with an early tee time

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

@cstanton

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 7:37 PM

Maybe its just me but Fehr has been less than impressive even though he's starting to find the back of the net. Beagle's a better skater out there, Fehr lopes around like a lanky coyote trying to catch up to the play. Flash is the real workhorse on that line and he played well today too.

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hsk8er6 | March 1, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Are you serious? Boumeester for Semin straight up? Not in a million years.

Seriously, that is comical.

Our D is weak, but Boumeester isnt that good.

We have Alzner, we just need to ger rid of Morrison, Schultz, and Jurcina.

Posted by: digster1013 | March 1, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Mauree: My suggestion was Laich + Mo + pick + maybe propect, not just Mo + pick (which isn't close). I really wouldn't want to trade Flash, as he is cap-friendly this year and next and, I think, has more long-term upside than Laich. Pronger at 25 mins/game would essentially replace both of the bottom two d-men. Imagine replacing Erskine and Schultz minutes both with Pronger! It would almost be that good. Laich will be a solid NHL player but he's $2M/year and we have other solid guys ready to transition to that level (Fehr and Flash). I would not deal Laich, Mo and Alzner for him. Too much. We have a bunch of guys (Bourque, Lepisto, Cheese) who must go through waivers next year if not up with Caps. Laich, Mo, Osala and a #1. Would the Ducks bite?

Posted by: tominfl1 | March 1, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

We can win this year, but I dont trust Jose.

Hopefully Varly can take the rains next year.

And whoever suggested trading Laich, your crazy.

Posted by: digster1013 | March 1, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

I was at the game and while Schultz has had bad games, he was responsible for 4 of the 6 goals. One screening Theo, the other tipping it past Neuvy and two not clearing out the crease. All in all it was a bad effort all the way around by our guys, but he really stood out.

The two things we clearly need at the deadline are a D-men that will clear the crease because that is getting inexcusable how often we just let guys plant their butts there. The second is a veteran forward, I'd prefer Hejduk if we can pull it off. Kozlov's injury the rest of the season is really worrisome.

Posted by: ThePat | March 1, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Not that its a lot of consolation, but during the playoffs last season, JT60 had either the flu or food poisoning. So, maybe his numbers would look better if you take out the games from last season? Or not. I don't know.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 1, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1

oh I wasn't referring to you at all.
I agree, wouldn't trade Alzner, that's crazy. But Laich alone is too little. And to be honest, Mo is aggravating that deal, the Ducks don't need him or even worse his salary.

Laich (+ Mo?) + Osala and #1... that might do it... unless the Bruins put Kessel on the market, which is who Murray is really after I'm afraid.

Posted by: mauree | March 1, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

If he did have the flu or food poisoning, why the heck was he even playing?

Posted by: rachel216 | March 1, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

and this isn't even Schultz's first big bad game, he hasn't improved at all since last season. His defensive game shows no progress and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. He is still a puck fumbler at the blueline and he almost did it again at the end of the game. Why he even gets PK time only Bruce in his infinite wisdom can maybe answer. You may as well just give the other team a goal if you're going to play that pylon on the
PK as far as im concerned

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Tarik has a new post. rachel, I'll respond to you on the new thread.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 1, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Schultz is absolutely terrible.

I try and give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just cant.

For the record, I wish I was as good as Schultz.

He just doesnt belong in the NHL. He is young, so I'll give him a little time. But he just looks lost out there.

Posted by: digster1013 | March 1, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

and while Hershey's defense has played well in spurts after being recalled up here, they haven't played well in Hershey at all. Hershey too has a porous defense and a terrible PK . They have to score over 4 goals in every game just to have a good chance to win it. This org doesn't really seem to care about playing defensive hockey. Its all wide open.

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 7:59 PM | Report abuse

You guys are nuts. You don't trade ANYONE off the current roster for a rental except Nylander. Even for a Pronger you don't trade two guys off your forward roster. One forward, one d and some prospect/pick combination maybe. Even two young d (Mo, Juice, Sarge) and no forwards added to propects and/or picks could do it. But Semin and Fehr for Pronger?? Or Semin for Bow for three months? You have got to be kidding me.

I am fine with making Erskine a healthy scratch, trade off some young d and Nyls and get Pronger and get Alzner up here. That would give us a top six of Pronger, Green, Poti, Alzner and whoever is left of the rest (Shultz, Mo, Juice, Erskine).

We WILL have the cap space for all of this. Pronger this year is down to 1.4 for the rest of the year and we have built up 1.5 in space. Nyls leaving will make it possible to take on Alzner and even Pothier (cross your fingers!).

Let's make some moves to get better, but let's not go off the deep end.

Posted by: waitingsince75 | March 1, 2009 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Yes it does but I don't Bruce and McPhee really believe that. I think they feel the league has changed enough that a team like the Caps can go far on just offense alone. They're going to find out the hard way that just isn't the case.

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 1, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

"Another" stinker. Remember Colorado? 4-4 on home ice the last 8 games. For the optimists, all is not fine. There are issues to be addressed. For the ones who think it's the end of the road, the Caps are not there either.

This game for 99% of us is strictly entertainment. We wake up the next morning and we have the same routine to attend to. It doesn't affect our careers, our family life or our income (if it does, seek help). However, when you pay good money to see a live game, add concessions and transportation, you have a right to get aggravated. It's just like going to see your favorite music group and the lead singer can't sing and/or the guitar player keeps playing the wrong cord. You're going to get pissed.

I know this game was lost by the team. Numerous players stunk up the phone booth with their play but one specific player has consitently shown me his glaring weaknesses on the ice.

I want to know why BB keeps placing the human traffic barrel, JS55, on the ice in front of the net. I know he's 22 years old and plus rating that is above average but please take him off the PK. Yes, he was only a -1 today but he was on the ice for 4 of the FLA's goals. If Olie were on the team (not that I want him now), he would have taken his stick to JS's achilles tendon after the first (of three) screens. I guess he is always in good defensive position. Yeah, right! He was on the ice for "5" of the Panthers goals.

Heck, Brashier would get a +1 today, if he were paired with Green and the #1 line on OV's goal at the end of the game.

IMO, he is not a top 4 defenceman and I wish that he would get his appropriate minutes per game(10-14). The Caps should send him down (probably through waivers) and put Alzner in his spot. At this time, think Alzner is a better player and has more potential than Schultz.

Maybe package Schultz in a trade for a Top 4 defenceman?

Posted by: puckman | March 1, 2009 8:24 PM | Report abuse

trade semin? you must be out of your mind to even suggest it.

Posted by: cymbeline2 | March 1, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Yes, by all means, large23220, let's trade Semin for Bouwmeester!

Let's see. Alexander Semin is currently behind only Malkin and Ovechkin in the points-per-game race--that's right, THIRD-BEST IN THE ENTIRE NHL (excluding those who have played in less than 12 games)

Semin is ahead of Cindy Crosby in points per game, not to mention Parise, Datsyuk, Thornton, or whatever other big name you want to talk about.

And if you break it down by minute of ice time, Semin is #1 in the entire league. That's right, and not only is Semin #1 in the NHL in points-per-minute, but NO ONE IS EVEN CLOSE.

Alexander Semin is also +28 which is best on the Capitals team, and as of Saturday was tied for 6th in the entire NHL with perennial Selke Award candidate Datsyuk.

Yes, please, can we get rid of that guy? Who needs him?

Stupid. You can talk all you want about how numbers don't mean everything, but they do mean a lot, especially when you're talking about numbers like Semin's. And anyone who has watched Semin play for any appreciable amount of time knows about his supreme talent, even if you completely ignore his completely astounding numbers.

If you trade Semin, you better be getting one of the very, very best players in the world in return, because that is what Semin is.

Bouwmeester is arguably either a decent or somewhat above-average defenseman who has a decent offensive game to go with it. Bouwmeester's +4 would make him tied with a few folks on the Panthers for the 8th best +/- on the Panthers. Bouwmeester's 0.5 points per game puts him at 34th amongst NHL defensemen.

Ridiculous. If you think trading Semin for Bouwmeester is a reasonable idea, you literally do not know what you are talking about, and that is a fact.

Posted by: youaresquishy | March 1, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

It's a long season,let's see how they repond this week. But,they are awfully up and down. I just wonder if they haven't peaked,which is good.If they need a better #1 goalie. Or they just don't care enough to play D enough to get out of the 1st round. I'm baffled at what I saw today.

Posted by: ridgely1 | March 1, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

I love it! Bruce practically benches Erksine and Jurcina, yet Schultz was pretty on the ice for just about every goal and decided to screen Neuvirth and allow a shot to go in off of him.

I call B.S.!!!!

Posted by: blanknerc | March 1, 2009 10:14 PM | Report abuse

potentially the Islanders insider is saying Guerin is coming here for a pick and prospect....

not sure I am too excited about this.
Would much rather have Roberts from Tampa...but we'll see.

Posted by: caps28fan | March 1, 2009 10:57 PM | Report abuse

If McPhee makes ANY move before Wednesday, he HAS to get rid of Theodore! He STINKS! He makes a lot of great saves, so everyone likes him for that. But the ones he lets in are the easy ones that even I could save, and I have never even played. He consistently sends rebounds right back to the slot where even guys like Scott Hartnell can poke them in for easy goals. Theodore was a desperate pick McPhee made because he was the only one available after Huet flew the coop and McPhee had already pissed off Olie.

If the Caps expect to win even one round of the playoffs, it will have to be with a goalie other than Theodore. Trade him for anyone! Heck, GIVE him away. I would rather go into the playoffs with Neuvirth and Leonhardt in goal than Theodore!

Posted by: Sharky11 | March 1, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

And if McPhee trades for Bill Guerin, he should be fired immediately! Guerin went to the Sharks for the playoffs two years ago and did absolutely NOTHING. The Sharks gave up a first round pick and got something like two assists in the playoffs out of him. He is useless.

Besides, the Caps don't need another Forward. They need help on D and in Goal. We score enough goals. What we can't do is keep the puck out of the net. If McPhee wastes his time trying to pick up more scoring, Ted should get rid of him. He needs to fix the porous defense. Send Theodore and Shultz and however-many-picks-it-takes to Anaheim for Pronger. THAT would help the Caps. Guerin won't.

Posted by: Sharky11 | March 1, 2009 11:17 PM | Report abuse

no to the Semin trade - 28 pts in 21 games, that's 103+ points over a season. We do need help on D and could use a good, quick defensive forward which remains a weakness. BTW, the KHL season will be over soon. What are the rules on getting rentals from overseas? There might be a forward or two over there that might be able to help...

Posted by: WritingLight | March 1, 2009 11:58 PM | Report abuse

I see some of you are FINALLY agreeing with me about how bad Schultz is and how he SHOULDN'T be in the NHL right now.

Why would you ever want to trade semin. I know he plays stupid a lot. He has one of the most skills on the team.

I really don't see the caps getting pronger. As much as I hope I'm wrong, I don't see it happening. The Ducks are going to want a top forward in return and the Caps arn't going to want to give away a big name forward.

Posted by: Thomas32 | March 2, 2009 2:27 AM | Report abuse