Playoff Schedule: Capitals vs. Rangers

Click here for the complete NHL playoff schedule. Here's what the Caps' quarterfinal with New York will look like:

GameDateSiteTimeTV
1April 15Verizon Center7 p.m.CSN, TSN
2April 18Verizon Center1 p.m.NBC, TSN
3April 20Madison Square Garden7 p.m.CSN, Versus, TSN
4April 22Madison Square Garden7 p.m.CSN, Versus, TSN
5*April 24Verizon Center7 p.m.CSN, Versus, TSN, RDS
6*April 26Madison Square Garden2 p.m.NBC, TSN, RDS
7*April 28Verizon CenterTBDCSN, Versus, TSN, RDS

* If necessary

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 13, 2009; 12:05 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Rise of a League Power
Next: Morning Reading List: Bring on the Rangers

Comments

Let's go caps!!!

Posted by: skins1110 | April 13, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Wednesday cannot come quick enough.

Posted by: richmondphil | April 13, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone wanna take a stab at the line combos?

I think we'll see -

1) Koz, Backy, OV
2) Laich, Fed, Semin
3) Fehr, Nyl, Flash
4) Stech, Aucoin, Bradley
5) Theo in net (but will be pulled quick if needed)

I think Aucoin will get a shot, but if he can't take the physical play, we'll see Brash or Gordon game 2. I'm concerned however about those 2 starting after missing so much time.

LETS GO CAPS! LETS GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: floms | April 13, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Question for my fellow out-of-market fans. I have the DirectTV Center Ice package - will I be able to watch game 1 since it's only on TSN and CSN? I know they broadcast "select" games from round 1 and round 2 of the playoffs - but they don't seem to have a playoff channel schedule available yet. I just want to watch the game at home - stupid regional broadcasting rights...

Posted by: patrone | April 13, 2009 12:51 AM | Report abuse

@patrone

First and Second round games are available on Center Ice and it will work the same as the regular season.

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | April 13, 2009 1:26 AM | Report abuse

Wow....all games, except for Game 1, on national TV.

Posted by: FusilliJerry1 | April 13, 2009 5:03 AM | Report abuse

From the article on NHL.com about the series:

"[The Rangers] League-leading 10 shootout wins are a big reason they're in the playoffs."

Hahahahaha. Welcome to the playoffs! GO CAPS!

Posted by: Raber | April 13, 2009 5:10 AM | Report abuse

The Capitals need to get on top of the Rangers early to win this series. NYR are better as a result of their trade deadline deals, and definitely are better in net than we are.

Let's Go Caps!

Posted by: MyJobsMyCredit | April 13, 2009 5:17 AM | Report abuse

The Caps are going to have to more physical than they've been all year in a clean way. Let the Rags take all the cheap penalty's. But,the hooking etc, needs to reduce in dramatic fashion.
Please,if you must sell your tickets,especially Saturday,sell them to a Caps fan.

Posted by: ridgely1 | April 13, 2009 6:02 AM | Report abuse

the easier draw would have been the canadians. They are the senators of last year. Anytime you have amazing goaltending you have a chance every night. Henrik is just that. Jose is good he sees so many odd man rushes but he's not great cause. I'd like to see which CAPS team shows up for this series. The one that feel behind to the flyers 3-1 or the one that came back to tie up the series.

Posted by: smartfan | April 13, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Wow I love the sick amount of National TV coverage!

Posted by: demodaze | April 13, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Let's DOO this, folks. The Caps that will show up will be the ones we've loved all season long. They'll play the Rangers to the ground and make them hate getting back on the ice with us. I look forward to seeing them skate back to the bench frustrated out of their minds and wanting to kick themselves for losing the puck to us again or for us scoring another goal for a stupid mistake THEY made.

Keep up the positive vibe, folks. Our team can do this!!! Let's GOOO Caps!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 13, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I can not find the Game 1 in CSN listings. Will I be able to watch Game 1 on Direct TV in DC area?
And I do not have the Ice Center pkg.

Posted by: TimaG | April 13, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Game 1 will also be on MSG Network for anyone in North NJ / NYC area, according to Rangers official website.

Posted by: jg284481-5-37 | April 13, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse