Posted at 3:29 PM ET, 01/18/2011

Post Sports Live: Caps hit the road

By Washington Post Sports Editors

On this week's edition of Post Sports Live, hosts LaVar Arrington, Cindy Boren, Rick Maese and Jonathan Forsythe previewed the Capitals' road trip to Philadelphia, New York and Toronto.

Check out their predictions below, and then weigh in with your own.

By Washington Post Sports Editors  | January 18, 2011; 3:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Capitals still looking for a fast start
Next: Alex Ovechkin: NHL All-Star game captains 'deserve it'

Comments

intersting DJK debate...silly, but interesting. VT CAPs sounds like he/she is 17. A bit petulant if he/she doesn't get his/her way.

I've said it before...if you are so damn smart, go and manage a team and get off this silly board. Start anywhere, club team...make your way up to the minors. Someday you too can make the big boy decisions.

Posted by: jeets | January 18, 2011 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I missed this one. My initial reaction? Oh my, jeets has spoken! Here's a question....what exactly do you think people do on this "silly board"?

Answer: We manage the Caps, duh.

What's your point again?

GO CAPS, KICK FLYER A@@!!

Posted by: vermontcaps | January 18, 2011 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I went with 1 win on the trip. I hope I am wrong. But considering how bad we have been on the road, I figured 1 was the most fair guess.

Posted by: ThePat | January 18, 2011 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I went with 0 because I hope they prove me wrong.

Posted by: LloydChristmas | January 18, 2011 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Maybe I should be happy that Center Ice only gives me a low def feed for this game.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | January 18, 2011 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm...the fact that 2 wins is the most popular answer makes me believe that there are a lot more Kool Aid drinkers out there than just me.

To all of your out there in Capstown lets get some positive energy on this "silly board."

It almost like people are too superstitious to say good things and the goats blood folks really want to come to the light but just say negative things with the hope of being proven wrong...

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight Nicky gets two points (a goal and and assist) and #8 gets a hatrick.

Posted by: allCAPS | January 18, 2011 4:23 PM | Report abuse

How do you know the history of anybody who posts here? vermontcaps could have run a club team or has experience playing hockey at higher levels. Even if he doesn't, I never bash people posting who have never played. There are alot of good ideas (and bad ones) posted here.
However, it's alot easier understanding the game when you've played. I've been the battered d-man who throws the puck up the boards to avoid the next check.
I'm pleased when fans post, it's shows they care.

Posted by: chriscaps | January 18, 2011 4:24 PM | Report abuse

And it's comments like that which have me convinced that BB must go.

@PhilR:

Yeah, yeah, Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam

Get over yourself. You hate BB unconditionally--I get that. And if somehow a miracle occurs and the Caps do manage to hoist, you'd probably say the Caps managed to do it in spite of GMGM/BB, and that they should still be fired.

It will be as it has always been, with or without BB; with or without GMGM: We fear the worst, hope for the best, and the end result winds up being somewhere in-between.

The Caps (and I mean the entire organization) can use all the positive vibes they can get from us, so how about helping?

GO CAPS!

Posted by: Rhino40 | January 18, 2011 4:25 PM | Report abuse

"Flyers 37, Caps 1"

@sgm: Where the #311 did that come from?

Posted by: Rhino40 | January 18, 2011 4:28 PM | Report abuse

@sgm: Where the #311 did that come from?

Posted by: Rhino40 | January 18, 2011 4:28 PM

that was all sarcasm

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 18, 2011 4:32 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I think most of the frequent posters here know a heck of alot more the the 4 "experts" in the video. I don't even think LaVar knows how the NHL awards points. It's just stupid for Post Sports Live to run these 4 out to talk about hockey.

Posted by: chriscaps | January 18, 2011 4:38 PM | Report abuse

GO CAPS!
Posted by: Rhino40 | January 18, 2011 4:25 PM |

Well said!

Posted by: allCAPS | January 18, 2011 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I chose two because think two wins is a reasonable expectation for this club on this road swing. And I'm not a kool-aid drinker as I have felt from the outset of this season that the Caps are another year, a solid 2C and a couple of role players away from being really, really serious cup contenders. Doesn't mean they can't win it all, but in my opinion, it is a long shot this year.

So.........that said, I heard Darren Eliot say something interesting the other day when asked what he thought was causing the Caps inconsistencies. He said (and I paraphrase his comments)that he wondered whether or not the Semin situation might not be creating an air of uncertainty in the locker room. He was careful to state that he was not blaming Semin, but wondered if his on and off effectiveness and the uncertainty as to whether or not he will be traded or re-signed might be an unspoken issue hanging over his team mates.

I'd be interested to hear what the forum folks who played the game think of this. Just curious.

Posted by: prestoj | January 18, 2011 5:59 PM | Report abuse