Pothier, Varlamov still sidelined

Brian Pothier and Semyon Varlamov are not skating this morning at KCI, but it appears that Mike Knuble, Matt Bradley and Mathieu Perreault will be available tonight against Carolina.

I'll have more updates after Coach Bruce Boudreau speaks to reporters.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  December 11, 2009; 10:16 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning roundup: Division dominance
Next: Theodore to start vs. Carolina

Comments

Does that mean that Theo starts tonight. Personally, I want to see Neuvirth.

Posted by: rozey57 | December 11, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Goalies aside, I want to see the guys play hard in front of whoever is in net. A solid win definitely erases the shutout in Buffalo.

Posted by: JSchon | December 11, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Goalies aside my a**. I wanna see Neuvy.

Posted by: MarylanDChris | December 11, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Aucoin, Giroux sent back, and I assume Sloan shifts back to D.

Makes room for these 3- perfect.

Whats going on with Nylander? JOKING. It's friday and I'm bored at work.

@TominFl (and unrelated):

I know you enjoy your grapes. Have had any of the wines from Caduceus Cellars? It's the winery owned by Maynard James Keenan of Tool. I think Whole Foods carried some for a little bit, but I missed the boat. The winery isn't shipping now, as it's too cold. Just curious if you're tried any of them.

Posted by: Fro_ | December 11, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Since there's a new thread here's my reply to Kelly's reply again:

Your reply is much more reasonable as you seem to have stayed off crack this time around and realized just how ridiculous your original column on Ovie was (nothing short of a character assassination), but you are being very disingenuous when you try to dissolve people's criticism by making snarky references to how your column didn't tweet well.

Please don't insult our intelligence. We read the whole column and you did indeed compare Ovechkin to some of the worst goons in NHL history. You now realize how ridiculous that was, but you can't bring yourself to admitting it so you hide behind insulting your readers' intelligence and claiming that your comments were taken out of context.

Ovechkin's knee on knee hits were accidents resulting from players trying to evade his 100% legal hits. The actions you compared these accidents to were deliberate hooliganism. Like Jon Stewart said the other day in reference to Fox News' style yours is very similar to saying, "Obama gave a speech in Berlin today. Isn't that interesting that Hitler used to give speeches in Berlin as well?" Please give us all a break.

Ovie will keep playing the way he is which is what makes him the best player in the game. If some people don't like it they can shove it. It's a fast game and accidents will happen. There's no malice in Ovechkin's actions. If you can't see that you really don't know much about hockey.

Why don't you go and write a column slamming Vincent Lecavalier for playing like crap even though he gets $10 million per year. And don't forget to make some generalizations like how this is typical of a Canadian player who has a fat long term contract.

Posted by: ranndino | December 11, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Ranndino,
Looks much better the second post with the paragraphs broken out. and BTW, very weel said!!

Posted by: hbcapsfan | December 11, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

CTV would spin the Lecavalier story:

"Vincent, uneasy with the reckless play of other Russian superstar players, was forced to play beneath his potential out of respect for the game of hockey and the other players."

Posted by: Chad8 | December 11, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

@TominFl (and unrelated):

I know you enjoy your grapes. Have had any of the wines from Caduceus Cellars?

Posted by: Fro_ | December 11, 2009 10:42 AM

Love wine, love Tool, but haven't had that wine. I buy most of mine from a place called the Wine Barn here in Orlando, the guy really knows his stuff so I get whatever he has to offer.

We're having a turkey for lunch (was $4 on sale) and then steak for dinner to rock the red. I'm sure the turkey will provide for "rock the white" vs the Leafs. I'll get the HNiC telecast, which I always like.

Jim Kelley is still in the Doofus Brigade as public realtions officer.

Posted by: tominfl1 | December 11, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

As one who had e-mailed Jim Kelly, I read his new column, but didn't see much difference in his conclusions. Unlike Randinno however, I think Kelly's style seems to invoke the misleading reporting of MSNBC more. Basically it comes down to this, alot of players in the league don't like Ovechkin because:
1. He may make you look like a fool when he has 2 goals and 2 assists against you.
2. He may make you look like a fool when he knocks the crap out of you.
3. He may make you look like a fool when he outhustles and outplays you for 3 solid periods.

Posted by: kcbrichmond | December 11, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse