Poti Questionable For Game 1

Tom Poti, who sat out the final three games of the regular season to rest a nagging groin muscle strain, finished practice today. But afterward the defenseman said he couldn't say with certaintly that he'll be able to face the Rangers on Wednesday.

"It's okay," Poti said. "We're taking it day-by-day and we'll reassess it tomorrow. Right now, I'm not saying 'Yes' or 'No' [about playing Wednesday.]"

He added: "It's kind of a wait-and-see kind of thing."

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  April 13, 2009; 11:54 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Playoff Lines (Update)
Next: Brashear Ready to Return

Comments

Sounds like Poti is fired up and ready...

Posted by: SA-Town | April 13, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Wednesday cannot arrive too soon.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 13, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

12 hits in 21 1/2 periods for a guy whose only job is to hit people? Not impressed, that's why he was invisible after the goal he scored in game 1. Brash has not done his job this season. He has had his worst NHL season only having 1 goal. He is always a step behind the play. He is a liability in our zone. He loses the battle on the boards when HE is supposed to be the one to gain control. On the other hand Aucoin had one bad giveaway, and was last game. At least it didn't result in a goal against. I believe in enforcers but Brash should not be back as the guy next season. The Caps need to find one out there that can still play the game as well. He's still a great fight, but cannot find many dance partners, and again, besides the fighting part of his game, he's a liability.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 13, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

No surprise there!

Posted by: NatyBG | April 13, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Bring somone up who is not hurt and sit Poti...his groin will go out in the first period and leave us with 5 D

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 13, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Clark and Brashear can stay hurt for all I care too

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 13, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Good lord I am bored... I need some hockey! Is it me, or is Wednesday is taking forever to get here...?? I will say that after the loss to Florida, I am really worried about our defense, or lack there of.. Come on, two goals in 8 seconds... I am hoping for the best and we shall see were it goes.

Let's go caps!!!

Posted by: hbcapsfan | April 13, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

FYI - Drury did not play yesterday, and is not on the ice for practice today.

They have it pinned as an "upper body injury."

That means if he is not skating, it must hurt enough to not even get your legs loose on the ice. Could be something to watch...

Posted by: SA-Town | April 13, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

tick......tick.......tick............

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 13, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

How about the effort the last 10 games of the season.........POOR. Hope they pick it up. Maybe our D should stop trying to step up every play so we aren't constantly giving up breakaways or 2 on 1's. And maybe in front of our own net we can put a body on some of the opposition instead of letting them stand there and screen the goalie... We do that in the playoffs and we are headed for an early exit.

Posted by: CapsFan44 | April 13, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Tried to post this here, but whether it was too long or something it didn't work. Anyway, here are my predictions for round 1 with short analysis of each series, if anyone cares:

Was planning to only watch the Caps and Bruins series, but there are just so many great match-ups that I already can tell this won't happen. I'll be in my hockey dungeon for a couple of weeks.

Posted by: ranndino | April 13, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Let the mass hysteria begin!!!!

Posted by: superpaqman | April 13, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm not worried. We have "steady eddie" Schultz anchoring the blue line.

:\

Posted by: FancyDan | April 13, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

come on BB get Schultz out of the line-up and put Alzner in! This is serious now, why not sit that overpaid slow moving #92 and then let Aucoin center the third line. better yet maybe it's time to put the sweater on a real hockey player... GMGM!

Posted by: ReedRothchild | April 13, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse