Quick Update From KCI

If I had to bet, tonight's lineup against the Oilers will look like it did yesterday at practice.

Looks like Jose Theodore will start in goal and Jeff Schultz (finger) and Sergei Fedorov (ankle) will return. Also appears that Boyd Gordon (back spams) and Eric Fehr (healthy) will be out.

More after practice.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  January 13, 2009; 10:53 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin to Defend All-Star Breakaway Title
Next: Morning Skate Update (Updated)

Comments

ha first!

Posted by: ashburnpaul | January 13, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

brought over from end of last thread:

Here's an interesting link from the Columbus beat team: man games lost to injury. I find the summary to be quite accurate also.

Posted by: saintex | January 13, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Any predictions on Jose's performance tonight? Man, I hope he's been practicing his headstands.

Posted by: --Boo-- | January 13, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Just my 2 cents' worth, but I want my Caps back tonight...don't know why we can take the Rangers or Philly and drop the game with lesser-rated teams. We need them all, and if we can stay on top of the game for the next 6 weeks (some tough teams), the last 6 weeks of the schedule are predominately within our own division. That should be an easy slide to the playoffs, but I can't say that since we seem to take our eyes off the puck for the "easy" games.

Good to have the boys getting healthy again and back on the ice. Personally, I like the fact that all but two get a week off to get back on their feet. I'd rather have them healthy going into the second half of the season than taking the time to go to the All-Star game that means nothing. Get closer to the Cup this year, and you'll see more of them at the All-Star game next year -- or not -- who cares?

Posted by: bubblegirl1 | January 13, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I think we need to worry about the D as well. Things have fallen apart on us for the past two.

Posted by: RedRocker | January 13, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

D pairings?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 13, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Well, we know Erskine and Green are paired. I guess there are a few possible permutations for the remaining four, though.

Posted by: JohninMpls | January 13, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

With schultz back, its certainly possible that he will be paired with green, not erskine.

Posted by: stormblue | January 13, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I suppose it'll be something along the lines of:

Erskine-Green

Alzner-Jurcina

Morrisonn-Schultz

When was the last time we had a whopping 5 NHLers on the blueline at the same time?

Posted by: ratgurl46 | January 13, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

@Leeguru
Yes, I am happy, and will be wearing my #4 proudly. I will have to look for Stevo. Pumped for tonight's game.

Tomorrow night should be great @ Mr. Days, they have always done a great job accommodating us, and you can't beat the price.

*SUPER*

Posted by: SZALACH7 | January 13, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Not that I was thrilled with the way they played the last two games but I wouldn't call either of them "easy" games. Montreal in Montreal is a war no matter who you are. Against Columbus there just wasn't anything getting by Mason all night. You can't win if you can't score.

That said... tonight I'm hoping for more spirited play and more shots on goal rather than the cutsie crap they've fallen into in recent games.

Posted by: RicketyCricket | January 13, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Well I guess in some way you have to tip your hat to the NHL for making every team a threat on any given night no matter there place in the standings... I trust BB knows his D pairings more then I do so I'm just sitting back and waiting for a good two nights of hockey.

Posted by: cappies | January 13, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

@ratgur,

So Erskine is the one that doesn't belong in the NHL?

I'm pretty sure you meant Alzner, but he's only not permanent because of Cap issues. Ability-wise, he's easily top 4.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | January 13, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Forty plus shots on goal is not a bad effort. Give kudos to Mason. To say 2 bad efforts in a row is not an accurate statement. The Montreal game was a competitive game and a road game. It just sucked the way it ended.

Posted by: tomdchancar | January 13, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

new thread

Posted by: goskinsgo | January 13, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

fehr out as we wait to see if he developes into a nhler from the press box yet we play nylander clark and brash who are all on the down side of their prime and overpaid for their performance so far this season. play him or trade him. do we really expect improvement from the 3 aforementioned has beens?

Posted by: wendel2 | January 13, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Eric Fehr is not getting the chance to settle in on a line and play to his potential. 6 mins per game is not enough to help a young player develop. I agree, play him or trade him.

Posted by: Freez | January 13, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Woow that OV dive was obvious.

Posted by: powerplay | January 13, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse