Quote of the day

Today's 'Quote of the Day' belongs to Bruce Boudreau, who just has a way with words. Asked what he wanted to see happen in the Olympics, the coach said:

"I've gone over it a 100 different ways. Being Canadian, do you want them to win? Do you want them to be tired? Do you want the Americans to win? Do you want Ryan Miller to play every game? Do you want the Russians to win and our guys coming back with a sense of what it's like to win a championship, get that feeling, and [want] to get it again? Same with the Swedes and the Czechs. So I don't know what the hell I want."

Got that?

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  February 24, 2010; 4:28 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matt Bradley returns to practice
Next: Parise scores twice to send Team USA into semis

Comments

All this talk about the Canadians gunning for Ovi.

This is my take- Pronger had better watch himself or he's gonna end up like Hal Gill.

Regarding Shea Weber and his mighty slapshot- the puck will shatter when he shoots it and it hits Ovi in the face.

Posted by: Fro_ | February 24, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

He wants to see Malkin and Crosby fight....

Posted by: SA-Town | February 24, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

you can easily see why the Caps are such a terrible PK team... they just don't have anyone who can consistently block shots

guys like Drury are shot-blocking machines

Posted by: joek443 | February 24, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Are you comparing an Olympic elimination game PK to a regular season NHL game PK?

I know- I'm missing your point.

Posted by: Fro_ | February 24, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

in order to win any championship, guys like Drury are just as important as your offensive superstars... the Caps are a little short on players like him

Posted by: joek443 | February 24, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Last time I recall our coach finds it necessary to scratch our best shot blocker and penalty killer on the team in Laing. Go figure. So we're not short of them, BB just feels everybody needs to kill penalties which is beyond me. I'm 99% on board with BB but this is the 1% that is baffling to many.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | February 24, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

As far as tonights game, in case you haven't heard RUS-CAN, OV-Crysby play shortly, I hope for nothing more than for OV to absolutely plaster Crysby. The only thing wrong with OV's hit on Jagr was that it wasn't Crysby. Jagr is an after thought and old news. We've moved on from that cancer and have recovered quite well. Secondly I'd love for Malkin to crush him too. Maybe OV and/or Geno can get a hat trick tonight and the international community can hear Syd the Baby cry about hats on the ice in his OWN COUNTRY! I could then die a happpy happy man.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | February 24, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

very succinct answer

Posted by: doughless | February 24, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm rooting for Russia to win but no crushing hit on Crosby. What is the mania with him? The guy's a great player who plays a fair game. I don't want Ovie to do anything reckless that will hurt hockey in DC.

Posted by: RedLitYogi | February 24, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Boudreau, Bard of the Bouncing Biscuit.

Posted by: uncatim | February 24, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Good game between the Swiss and the Americans. Crazy third period. Relieved that team USA finally got one past Hiller. Now I need to see team Russia beat team Canada. I take each game one at a time but it's first and foremost "anyone but Canada" for me.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 24, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Ovie had plenty of chances to crush Crosby in the spring, seven games in two weeks but I don't remember him laying a hand on Crosby... don't believe anything's gonna change tonight

Posted by: joek443 | February 24, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I love Boudreau, great comments.

The hit on Jagr was priceless---I don't care if Jagr was old news, that hit settled something for me.

As for the Russian/Canada game, I just hope that the Caps Russians don't get injured, really. And I'd like the Russians to beat Canada, but now I'm kind of wanting the USA team to go all the way.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | February 24, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

I like BB's responses. He honest and transparent and all over the place. But we all know that in his heart--whatever he says--he's a
good ole' Canadian boy first and that's the way it should be.

After that I'm sure it's all about his players--for them to not get hurt and to play good, strong games. Winning on the international stage is great experience.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 24, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Ovi and Crosby are not on the ice together that much--some but not much. So no I don't really expect to see an Ovi on Crosby hit.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 24, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I mean if Ovie really wants to lay one on Crosby, tonight's the night to do it... he wouldn't get suspended for whatever happened as far as the NHL is concerned, would he?

Posted by: joek443 | February 24, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I remember very clearly OV plastering Crosby along the boards in last yrs playoffs to where he had to limp to the bench (not uncommon). Quite sure THAT won't change. I don't think OV will pass on the chance to send Crysby flying to Nova Scotia.

Posted by: pokerface1208 | February 24, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Ovi definitely would not pass up the chance to hit Crosby if the opportunity is there--but I don't think that there will be too many opportunities. What I liked about the Jagr hit was that it was a smart play for that moment in the game and led to a goal.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | February 24, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse