Rosters For Rookie Camp and Training Camp

The Caps announced both rosters this afternoon. You can find them here.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 13, 2008; 5:11 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Backstrom Says He's Better; Team Being Cautious (Updated)
Next: Rookie Camp Begins

Comments

I have been waiting for these.. It's so nice that hockey season is finally here. I am of course printing them out so I can have them handy, 68 players are competing over 23 spots of the opening night roster. This will be fun to watch..

Posted by: Gavle-girl | September 13, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

But this does nothing to ease my Semin angst! Angst! Lets all panic now!

Posted by: Bob | September 13, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

calm down you mass hysterians, Alex cemnh is with mmeeeee

Posted by: mike green | September 13, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Go to see Gustafsson and Dimitri K. on the list

Posted by: O-V-P | September 13, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Tarik, for the Saturday updates. Cannot wait for next Saturday!

Posted by: Jill | September 13, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

One more thing, didn't Ovie say Viktor Dovgan is here? Why is he not listed?

Posted by: O-V-P | September 13, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

@O-V-P

take a closer look, he's up there.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Dovgan is listed

Posted by: Cush | September 13, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, whats up with you suggesting to OV that he get a 430? I'd love to see OV in a Bugatti Veyron :) Or an R8.

Posted by: TJ | September 13, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

My bad, I missed his name

Posted by: O-V-P | September 13, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Thats OK and very understandable, you were no doubt very worried about Semin not being here. Angst!!!! Panic!!!!

Posted by: Bob | September 13, 2008 7:05 PM | Report abuse

I am still the tallest! Pokulok is 1/40 inch shorter than me.

I went to McDonalds a lot this summer and I got 10 pounds over. Pokulok didn't, he is vegetarian.

Viva Schultz!

Posted by: Papa Schutlz | September 13, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

@ Sombrero and CapsCorndog
You have a message attached to the article "Backstrom Sprains Ankle"

Posted by: Greg from Annapolis | September 13, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure you know very well that ,

Posted by: Samuel | September 13, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

more history and more ,

Posted by: Hun Makinski | September 13, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Google should pay more attention to producer's ,

Posted by: Paul Qerch | September 13, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

I think it's an interesting feature...,

Posted by: adam | September 13, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

All of these posts from TEB ... hockey season must be in the air!! :-) Thanks, Tarik - it's fun to see/hear all of the hockey buzz again.

Has anyone read the latest Hockey News? It rates all of the goalies - JT is squarely in the middle of the pack (#15). For what it's worth, Chicago is #10 (hrmpf).

Posted by: Boo! | September 13, 2008 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Yosh... your email aint working...

Posted by: JSchon | September 14, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Update:

yesterday I arrived at Kettler. Thanks to Putin for letting me use his private jet. Sasha Cemnh stayed in russia because like Ovie he is filming a new music video.

Just to let you all know I won't be at Kettler today. It's redskins game day and it's time for me to mingle with the redskinettes.

Posted by: mike green | September 14, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Hey Tarik,

I see Joe Finley was not invited to camp this year. Why? Is he hurt or is he a prospect that won't prosper for the Caps organization?

Posted by: the highlander | September 14, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't Finley have to pay for everything himself since he's under NCAA juris? He may have been invited but declined??

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | September 14, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Sasha Semin is HAVING FUN in Moscow... Pictures are nice :)

Posted by: Anonymous | September 14, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

THN is just waffle-ing on JT, he has never been in the middle during his career and I expect this year he will either suck or shine. After watching Varlemov this AM I am less concerned if he sucks. The kid is going to be very good.

Posted by: Bob | September 14, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I assume Pothier isn't expected at camp even though he is listed.

Posted by: TJ2 | September 14, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

It appeared today that the North Americans came into camp in better shape, just judging by the fact that Gus, Dovgan, Kygerzev (sp), could barely stand up at th end of practice today.

Posted by: Bob | September 14, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

hmmm

Dovgan was training with Ovechkin....

Posted by: Dave King | September 14, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse