Sad News To Report

Louis T. Leonsis, Ted's father, passed away last night.

From Ted's Take:

My dad, Louis T. Leonsis, passed away last night. He was almost 94 years old. I was with him and held his hand and told him how much he meant to me. He was a great father. I will miss him more than words can describe.
He was a sweet man and a very kind soul. As an only child, I have lost my mom (19 years ago) and now my dad and move forward in life as father and husband now to my family. The circle of life continues.
I hope you will keep him in your thoughts and prayers and respect our family's privacy on this matter.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 24, 2007; 10:28 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cassivi and Wilson Assigned to Hershey
Next: Lines From Today's Scrimmage

Comments

My prayers go out to the Leonsis family. We often don't see owners who care about their teams as much as he cares about the Caps.

Posted by: czechsmix | September 24, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

94 yrs old, quite impressive. RIP.

Posted by: cbstoner | September 24, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

My condolences to the Leonsis family at this difficult moment. If his son is any indication of his life, I am certain he will be remembered fondly.

Posted by: Kurt | September 24, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

my condolescences

Posted by: Anonymous | September 24, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

94 years. That must a heck of a life story to tell. Best of wishes to the Leonsis family.

Posted by: EricS | September 24, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I lost my dad too this year (he was 90), so I can relate to what Ted must be feeling. My condolences to the Leonsis family.

Posted by: tokyo fan | September 24, 2007 9:41 PM | Report abuse

My families thoughts and prayers are with you Ted. I lost my Father last year, but I have many memories of him. God bless.

Posted by: ToledoCapitals | September 25, 2007 5:52 AM | Report abuse