Semin and Poti Skate; Clark En Route To NYC

I'm here in Washington, but I'm told that winger Alexander Semin (sprained right ankle) and defenseman Tom Poti (strained groin muscle) practiced this afternoon in NYC. I'm also told that Chris Clark (lacerated left ear) is expected to join the team perhaps as soon as tonight.

I'm still not sure which, if any, of them will be able to play on Thursday. I'll pass that info along as soon as I know for sure.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  October 30, 2007; 5:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin Talkin' the Talk
Next: Clark in NYC; Injury Update

Comments

awesome

Posted by: capsfan01111 | October 30, 2007 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Why are they in NY for so long? Seems like they could easily have come home between TO and NYC.

Posted by: Cheri | October 30, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey its NYC, why not. So much todo so little time.

Posted by: TJ | October 30, 2007 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Where has the banter been about them running the score up last night?

Posted by: Lee | October 30, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Lee, there is no rule that states the max number of goals a team can score in a particular game. But, of course I know you know that, I am being facetious. In my opinion a game should be played until the last second, score a 100 goals if you can.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 30, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Hanlon is hoping that a visit to the NHL Store in NYC will have the same effect on their play as a visit to the Hall of Fame.

Posted by: Scott | October 30, 2007 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 30, 2007 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous poster, i was poking fun at all those who thought the Pats ran the score up on the resdkins on Sunday. Perhaps this was some payback. It was a flat attempt at a joke. ANd I agree, keep scoring until the final buzzer sounds.

Posted by: Lee | October 30, 2007 6:53 PM | Report abuse

What's wrong with running up the score?

Posted by: Finn | October 30, 2007 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Wait, where have I been? There are 4th downs in hockey? And scores that have different point values?

Its like I've been living under a rock for all these years.

Posted by: the cheat | October 30, 2007 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Hey, they did let off as the late seccond and third period's rolled in. If wasn't as classless as the Pat's game.

Great news that the team seems to be healthier, though I'm thinking Semin may not play on Thursday. The ice up there is even worse than ours.

I think they're staying up there for a couple of days to do some team building type stuff. It's easier when everuone is sleeping in the same place.

Posted by: EricS | October 30, 2007 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Raber, I am sorry to post on this topic, but I thought it was too late to post on the previous. Your question about Bruce B. being firy enough? I would say, yes. I attend Bear games enough to know that he has what it takes to be a coach in the NHL. I recall a game last year, where they won, he apologized for being late to an interview after the game, because he was yelling at his players. He took the Bears to 2 Calder Cups, winning oee. I was more impressed with the second trip to the finals because he did it with a very high turnover. I hate to call for Hanlon's head, cause he seems like a nice guy, but in this business nice guys finish last. I will say it again, if Hanlon gets canned during the season, what are your other options? Bruce B. coached a lot of the players and is pretty familiar with all of the team. He might be able to light a fire, unlike Hanlon. If he doesn't pan out, start looking right after the season ends.

Posted by: Pete Peeters | October 30, 2007 8:55 PM | Report abuse

On running up the score...

I was surprised to see AO out there in the 3rd. I would have rested him. Maybe a few others, too. Give the youngsters a shot at it and get experience. Either way, it was demeaning to Toronto.

Posted by: Greg S. | October 30, 2007 9:07 PM | Report abuse

I hope AS takes it easy and doesnt' push his return.

Posted by: Greg S. | October 30, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

is anybody else having trouble getting the Peter Bondra photo tribute on the caps site to work? I also sometimes have trouble with their podcasts until I email them.

Posted by: jim | October 30, 2007 10:10 PM | Report abuse

now i can get it to work.

Posted by: Jim | October 31, 2007 1:17 AM | Report abuse

jim - I didn't have any trouble getting to the Bondra photos. Wish they'd allow us to copy/download though. Haven't had trouble with the podcasts for a long time. But could not get that last PreCap. Gave up after several tries. Then hit the playback later. Frustrating when things don't work sometimes.

Posted by: Dan, Jr. | October 31, 2007 1:36 AM | Report abuse