Semin, Green taking the morning skate

Alexander Semin is on the ice this morning, which likely means he'll return to the lineup tonight against Philly after missing the past two games with injury/illness. Also, Mike Green, who left yesterday's practice early with general soreness, is back out there and appears to be good to go.

Alex Ovechkin, meantime, is taking the morning off, according to a team official. But the two-time MVP will play tonight.

Eric Fehr and Quintin Laing are also missing. It's an optional skate, but those two don't usually take the option.

I'll have more after Coach Bruce Boudreau addresses the media.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  October 27, 2009; 10:03 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning roundup: top-scoring trio reunited?
Next: Fehr, Laing sidelined tonight

Comments

Uno

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

From prev thread:

Mike Richards slew footing Orpik, no fine, no comment from Don Cherry

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

"Taking the option" is choosing to participate in the morning skate.

Posted by: sonsofcain | October 27, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

1) @Code: Mike Richards is from canada and fights, so he's OK with Don.
2) Laing sent back to Hershey?http://newfaux.blogspot.com/

Posted by: fauxrumors | October 27, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I think Ovi had a hini :) flu, he was invisible vs. Thrashers, was a bit better vs. Islanders. It takes a week to recover, maybe that's why he is skipping the morning skate.

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Ovie left practice early yesterday and is not on the ice this morning. Sounds like he's a little banged up.

Before everyone jumps all over me, I know he said he broke a skate yesterday, but the may just be a cover up.

Why do I say it may be a cover up? Someone please tell me what exactly was bothering Semin, and what exactly BB meant by Green is sore and I'll tell you why Ovie may not disclose his bumps and bruises.

Posted by: griz0615 | October 27, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

@CodePoetry:

You could be right on, he wasn't the effective on the road trip, and I'd rather have him sick that banged up.

Posted by: griz0615 | October 27, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

my bad, he wasn't *that* effective.....

I'm logging on from my phone...

Posted by: griz0615 | October 27, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Aww baby Semin is back in the lineup. What a girl.

Posted by: CapsandRavens | October 27, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

cmasisak22 tweet: Alex Ovechkin is not on the ice but he is here.

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Can they do an emergency recall of Nylander?

Posted by: oldtimehockey | October 27, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Alex Ovechkin is not on the ice but he is here

Something is definitely wrong here. Ovie is not skating, but he is there? Very unusual.

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Thank God Ted is not Danny!

Go Caps - beat Philthy!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | October 27, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Alex Ovechkin remains the Campbellnomics leader with 16 points.

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

CodePoetry: "I think Ovi had a hini :) flu"

Too funny... All I could see there was "bu** Flu" instead of hini flu. Spit my coffee on the screen....

Posted by: jdhoover | October 27, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Ovie doesnt take the morning skate sometimes...He plays lots of minutes and at a grueling pace...

Not to worry.

Posted by: SA-Town | October 27, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Ovie doesnt take the morning skate sometimes...

Very true, but he'd stay at home and won't show up. This time he is there, but he didn't lace them. Very strange, maybe he IS banged up or sick.

Posted by: CodePoetry | October 27, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

@ CapsandRavens: Aww, you're making lame comments about a rather talented hockey player who puts in a sufficient amount of ice time. You're such a girl.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | October 27, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to call a conspiracy. Thankfully, national security isn't in your hands. Otherwise, you'd be demanding that the U.S. government report exactly what their plans on for fighting terrorism and what-not. Regardless of what the real reason is behind a player not skating or leaving the ice early or being "sore" or being out due to injury or illness or whatever, do you really want that kind of info available to the other team so they can exploit it? Hmm, yeah, didn't think about that angle, huh? *rolls eyes*

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | October 27, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Guys, Chill about OV. Sure, he MIGHT be hurt, but there could also be a team meeting or something. Its an important game tonight, and so maybe they have some things to discuss, like how to not get blind-sided by Richards or the 2 lines of goons.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | October 27, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I'm with LeftCoastCapsFan and oldtimehockey: y'all are too damn paranoid.

And so is the media.

Posted by: irockthered | October 27, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

LCCF said what I think every time I read these silly comments.

The near-instant availability of information these days can be a liability for some people. Just think, if there were no blogs or Twitter, your blood pressure would be normal.

Posted by: CapsChick | October 27, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse