Semin's Injury Not Serious

Although the team didn't provide any details on Alexander Semin's status after the game, I'm hearing he suffered an upper body injury -- perhaps a minor shoulder sprain -- and could be ready to play tomorrow in New Jersey.

I hope to know more tomorrow morning.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 14, 2008; 9:56 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Semin Injured
Next: Caps 3, Devils 1

Comments

Please be okay Semin!!

Posted by: ratgurl46 | November 14, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

I hope he is ok. The 3rd period was just about survival with Ovie double shifting. great job by the Caps shorthanded.

Posted by: Tikkanen08 | November 14, 2008 10:16 PM | Report abuse

I didn't catch that Ovie was double shifting. No wonder he looked so exhausted at the end of the game.

Posted by: theGelf | November 14, 2008 10:27 PM | Report abuse

PHEW!

Relax, folks. It's just an "upper body injury"!!

Posted by: Hatfield223 | November 14, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: ahbest3 | November 14, 2008 10:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad he doesn't appear to have been badly hurt. I hope he'll be just fine for tomorrow night. Ovechkin was out there for about half the time during the third period. Glad to see he still had enough oooomph to get that empty-net goal. :-)

Posted by: irockthered | November 14, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Semin took a puck in the face.

Nylander needs to be back tomorrow.

Posted by: SA-Town | November 14, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I didn't actually see it happen, but I heard accounts from people around me who said he got hit in the face...

Frankly, I hope that's all it is -- the sprain would be a worse thing, in my mind.

I still don't think Laich ever touched that puck, but whatever, I'm glad Ovie got his goal.

Here's to tomorrow!

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | November 14, 2008 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Josie was a beast tonight! thats one in a row, he needs to throw a few together and we will have a great goalie tandem.

Posted by: majiksea | November 14, 2008 10:53 PM | Report abuse

a bit of a sigh of relief. i'll be much more at ease if I see him play tomorrow night and score 4 goals and we beat the Devils again... :-D

Posted by: sargeantmofo | November 14, 2008 10:53 PM | Report abuse

In Russia, shoulder sprain you.

Posted by: Section117 | November 14, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

i would so much rather he lose a tooth than be out for a couple of games!
i hope that if he plays it won't make the injury worse!

Posted by: lovecaps28 | November 14, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Not the most exciting game but it is always fun when the Caps win! Glad that Jose had a good game although (don't shoot me) he seemed to have a lot of lucky breaks. Regardless, hopefully the past two games will boost his confidence and he will continue to play well. Tomorrow is a big one - the Devils will be ticked and will have something to prove, plus Weekes will probably be between the pipes. Not that he's great, but he'll put up more of a fight than we saw tonight. Sleep well, fellas, you're gonna need your A game!

Posted by: Boo- | November 14, 2008 11:26 PM | Report abuse

BTW, for those of you who were not at the VC, they have a new "Russian Machine" video that they play after Ovie scores. He is basically a superhero who rips open his shirt to expose all sorts of gears like he is a robot ... pretty funny! :-)

Posted by: Boo- | November 14, 2008 11:29 PM | Report abuse

hope semin plays tomorrow cuz im going to be there...i doubt it though, why risk it against a banged up team when we already took two points on a home and home series...flash looked a lot like semin tonite though so its all good

Posted by: miked3 | November 14, 2008 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Have to admit, I'm not a fan of the Russian Machine cartoon.

Posted by: Steve_R | November 14, 2008 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Oh my gosh - am I the only one who has never seen clips of Ovie on a game show?!? Go to YouTube and search for "Ovechkin game show" - it's hilarious!!

Posted by: Boo- | November 14, 2008 11:41 PM | Report abuse