Semin's Status Still Uncertain

Coach Bruce Boudreau said that the Capitals won't know until after warm up if Alexander Semin will play in tonight's game at Prudential Center, but that it will be Semin's call as to whether he is healthy enough to face the Devils. Semin left yesterday's 3-1 win over New Jersey at Verizon Center with an upper body injury.

"It will be an after warm up call and he will call," Boudreau said. The Caps lineup won't be known until Semin makes his decision.

Boudreau did tell reporters that the line of Tomas Fleischmann, Brooks Laich and Viktor Kozlov, which combined for three points in yesterday's win, will not be intact. "I don't think we've had the same lineup once all year," Boudreau said. "It keeps everybody else on their toes though."

By Katie Carrera  |  November 15, 2008; 5:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Semin Questionable; Nylander In
Next: Semin Leaves Warm Up (Update)

Comments

I think they would do fine without Semin. Just for one game, let the boy rest and get all better.

Posted by: Leeguru | November 15, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I'm fine with Semin sitting. Gives him 4 whole days to rest up the "upper body injury" for the west coast trip.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | November 15, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SombreroGuy | November 15, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

I think that letting Semin call it is the correct move, and I'll be fine with whatever he decides. It's up to him. If you'll notice, he was not on the scoresheet at all last night; we'll be just fine without him if he chooses to sit out. If he chooses to play, as long as he doesn't hurt himself, it's all good.

Posted by: kittypawz | November 15, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

SombreroGut:

Thanks for that link. I hope bill simmons read Mr. Leonsis' reply.

Posted by: uncatim | November 15, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I meant SombreroGuy.

Posted by: uncatim | November 15, 2008 6:49 PM | Report abuse