Posted at 10:09 AM ET, 03/ 1/2011

Semyon Varlamov taking part in the Capitals' morning skate

By Katie Carrera

The newest Capitals, Jason Arnott and Dennis Wideman, are on the ice for the morning skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex as expected this morning. Also taking part in the workout is goaltender Semyon Varlamov, who suffered what is believed to be a knee injury over the weekend.

Varlamov was scheduled to start Saturday against the Islanders, whom Washington faces tonight at Verizon Center, but he came off the ice abruptly during the morning skate on that day and was unable to even serve as backup to Michal Neuvirth.

All indications from the team have been that Varlamov is not expected to miss a significant amount of time and the fact that he's out on the ice right now is definitely a positive sign.

--Alex Ovechkin and Jay Beagle are the only two players not on the ice this morning.

--Tom Poti and Eric Fehr are still out on the ice with the rest of the team, but remember that morning skates are less intense than regular practices.

By Katie Carrera  | March 1, 2011; 10:09 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: George McPhee doesn't believe trades will disrupt Capitals' chemistry
Next: Jason Arnott likely to center Alexander Semin, Marco Sturm on Capitals' second line vs. Isles

Comments

@hart2014

+/- stat isn't a reflection on how good you are as a player, but your team.. Wideman is a - player this year because of the team he is on. When he was with Boston he was a + player. That stat is pretty over rated.. Its more of a reflection on the team.. Every Capital player is way down in +/- this season. Wideman is a solid top 4 defender and is a RIGHT handed shot.. Ovechkin can get off of the point on the power play now... Learn the game of hockey and not just look at a silly stat

Posted by: CapsBaby | March 1, 2011 10:06 AM | Report abuse

First of all I will start out by saying I am not one that calls for GMGMs head. As far as the +/- stat, it is a relative stat. You cannot compare his +/- with the Bs with his +/- with the Panthers. You can however compare him to his current team mates. As it is widely known now he is a -26 this season. The next closest to him is -19. Now, compare him to the defenseman on his team that has the second worst +/-, is -6. Even worse, Dmitry Kulikov is a +7. Please don't finish a statement with "learn the game" because I have coached for over a decade and my coaches and I use the +/- to shuffle and eventually settle on lines all the time. It's only a meaningless stat if it is convenient to ignore. When movement of high level hockey players is discussed the experts always refer to Goal, Assists, and plus/minus. Especially when talking about centers and defensemen.

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 1, 2011 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: fanohock1 | March 1, 2011 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Safe to assume all 3 new guys are playing tonight??

Posted by: MattBradley10 | March 1, 2011 10:42 AM | Report abuse

MORATORIUM:

No more McPhee bashing for me until at least the Playoffs. What's the sense? I've said what I felt. But, at this point, we are who we are. Might as well everyone join hands, sing Kumbaya, and hope for the best.

They'll be time enough to bash him plenty, if appropriate, later on.

That said, it's still open season on the coach...

Posted by: tominsocal1 | March 1, 2011 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Bizzaro work..even Tom is drinking some koolaid, too bad cstanton isn't! All joking aside, I thought last year was our year. Taking the blinders off and seeing that we were not as good as we thought, I feel different about this team. I thought at one point we might not make the playoffs....but having said all that I hope we make a deep run this year. Its make or break time next year...they can't sell me this ten year window stuff anymore. Cup or bust....

Posted by: OVIHtrick8 | March 1, 2011 10:43 AM | Report abuse

@tominsocal

I am choosing not to bash anyone at this point because after all what good does it do. We have been GMGM bashing since he started his tenure and alas nothing changes :)

Posted by: hart2014 | March 1, 2011 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Why does Ovie never practice?

Posted by: illiad2 | March 1, 2011 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Katie-
Can you shed any light on the Caps plans for King? I beleive he cleared waivers.
thanks.

Posted by: vt901 | March 1, 2011 10:49 AM | Report abuse

from last thread, all this constant changing is annoying.

@beforeitstoolate, Konopka was almost traded for a second but the Ducks decided that they didn't want to give up a second for him. It was reported as almost done yesterday then the Ducks changed their mind. Malhotra is a very different type of player, he does so much more for that team then just win faceoffs, which even those who say we shouldn't have traded Steckel are only saying so because of faceoffs.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see the new guys tonight!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 1, 2011 10:52 AM | Report abuse

@vt901

It was discussed yesterday. King, Beagle and Sloan are on the Caps roster for the rest of the year. Can't be sent down to Hershey.

Posted by: ThePat | March 1, 2011 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Why does Ovie never practice?

Posted by: illiad2 |
And so it begins again! Never mind that this is the first (morning skate NOT practice) he has missed recently.

People...leave it to the coaching staff to worry about the players work habits...they know better than us.

Posted by: capscoach | March 1, 2011 10:53 AM | Report abuse

@illiad2 He was at practice yesterday this is a morning skate, big difference, this is nothing more then guys getting their feet moving, some guys have different routines, MB don't take shots on days he plays he just gets on the ice and streaches and comes off, every player has their own thing.

@vt901 Kaite reported yesterday BB saying they weren't going to send him down so he is still on our roster for now.

@tom, I thought from yesterday that guys could no longer be sent down because of the AHLs cut day or whatever it is called. That is what it seemed for The Bears beatwriter Tim Leone.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

GMGM said in a radio interview yesterday that King and Sloan will stay with the team. Will be practicing and watching from the press box.

Posted by: kjohnskipc | March 1, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

@ThePat

Thanks for the update. Not sure how I missed it in such a slow news day for the Caps :-)

Posted by: vt901 | March 1, 2011 10:57 AM | Report abuse

ice: I think ThePat got it right and I got it wrong. Due to AHL cut day or whatever, maybe that is the reason. So we have oodles of players.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | March 1, 2011 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Tom do you think Hannan is a homer this offseason?

Posted by: OVIHtrick8 | March 1, 2011 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Steckel wasn't going to play with Arnott, Strum & Fehr in the lineup. Steckel is a spare part so, losing him wasn't a big issue. The 2nd in 2012 was a little more than I wanted to give up but, there weren't very many centers available.

Please don't get all fired up if the Caps lose tonight. 1 new defenseman & 2 new forwards are going to muck things up for a few games. Good thing it's the NYI tonight, they aren't good.

Does anybody know who was the 1st goalie off this morning? I'm guessing the team will "play it safe" with Varly & hold him out again.

Posted by: chriscaps | March 1, 2011 11:06 AM | Report abuse

*goner .....I hate my phone!

Posted by: OVIHtrick8 | March 1, 2011 11:06 AM | Report abuse

@mattbradley10,

GMGM was on EITM this morning and said all 3 of the new guys will play tonight. Elliot asked if we would see the Ass Line... Arnott, Sturm, and Semin, but McPhee said that's up to BB

Posted by: griz0615 | March 1, 2011 11:08 AM | Report abuse

So what are the lines going to be?

OV/Backstrom/Semin
Sturm/Arnott/Knuble
Laich/MaJo/Chimera
Bradley/Beagle/Hendricks

Don't really know how they'll shake out with the recent moves

Posted by: landocalrissian | March 1, 2011 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Ovi - Backstrom- Knuble
Strum - MJ - Semin
Laich - Arnott - Chimera
Hendricks - Gordon - Bradley

This looks a whole lot better than a week ago!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 1, 2011 11:11 AM | Report abuse

@OVIHtrick8, no way unless we trade/waive a D. We have 7 D already on contract with Alzner still to resign. No way we let him go so we have 8, even if one is Sloan is one of them that leaves 7 real defenseman (while Poti is not great he is an NHL D even if it is only a 6/7 guy) all making $1.5 or more (Alzner the only ? there). If we somehow got rid of Poti/55/Wideman there would be a decent chance but without getting rid of one of those three he is gone.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I like the overall moves GMGM made. He acquired Sturm, Arnott, and Wideman for Steckel(who some posters wanted to trade for a bag of pucks), an ECHL player, a 2011 3rd round pick and a 2012 2nd round pick. Even if that 2012 2nd round pick works out, that player is unlikely to see NHL ice until 2015.

That is not that much to give up for improvements. There is no question that Arnott is better than MP. That will be night and day. I think having a center with a good shot is important when playing with Semin. Semin creates a lot of space for the center he is playing with. Having a center who is capable of scoring on those open shots is nice.

The PP should be much improved also and Ovie no longer needs to play the point as Arnott and Wideman are good point men on the PP.

Sturm is very interesting. He provides a left handed shot for the PP and has scored over 10 PP goals on a few occassions. He has serious injury concerns, so it may not work out. But if he can be around 90% that will be a huge addition.

The 2nd line all of a sudden looks dangerous, which is big. When Fehr returns to health I see the lines looking like:

Ovie/Backstrom/Knuble
Sturm/Arnott/Semin
Laich/MJ/Fehr
Hendricks/BGordon(or Beagle)/Bradley

I could also see Hendricks and Laich swithching lines to have a

Laich/BGordon/Bradley defensive line with Beagle possibly filling in also.

The Caps did not make the huge move and did not acquire a top line guy. However, they also did not give up Eakin, Kuznetsov, Orlov or their 1st round pick. I think they definitely improved their team without giving up too much. I also think the addition of solid veterans will be huge. Having a player like Arnott who has won a ring and even Sturm who has been around for a while will help out the room. In all honesty, they really can't make the room any worse.

Will it be enough to win in the playoffs? We will see.

Posted by: sgm3 | March 1, 2011 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Re: Hannan...goner?

I hope not. I like him. Since I'm done McPhee bashing for now, we'll deal with this after the Playoffs.

I think as part of my moratorium I will just concentrate on THIS team for THIS year. No speculation for next year until this year is done. I'm saving myself for the Playoffs.

Barkeep! More Kool Aid!

(btw, I secretly bought Kool Aid stock yesterday.)

Posted by: tominsocal1 | March 1, 2011 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I like these lines

8-19-22
18 (Strum)-44 (Arnott)-28
25-90-21
26-15/83-10

With 21 taking faceoffs if 90 continues to struggle

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:17 AM | Report abuse

No offense to Katie, but this Pittsburgh featured columnist needs to be sued for journalism malpractice. To summarize she says the Caps are winners at the tradeline, but she writes..."It was good to see the Capitals make moves on deadline day for a change, as they have been quiet in recent years." Maybe she has been living under a rock for 3 years.

Posted by: robostop10 | March 1, 2011 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Updates
From Katie
Wideman, Arnott and Sturm will all be in the #Caps lineup against the Islanders. Wideman will be paired with Hannan.

At least for the start of the game, Boudreau made it sound like Arnott will skate on a line with Semin.

Jay Beagle has an 'upper body injury' according to Boudreau, so they held him out of this morning's skate.

Boudreau said the plan is for Varlamov to serve as back-up tonight for the #Caps.

From Vogle
Wideman will partner with Hannan tonightN because Hannan is the most communicative of the #Caps' blueliners, says Boudreau.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:21 AM | Report abuse

all the lines look good in whatever form! I'll have my kool aid red, make it a Tanquery.

I like the idea of 28 creating space for Arnott. Might even be better than 28 on top line. I'm sure we'll see all the possible permutations within a week or two...

Posted by: RedLitYogi | March 1, 2011 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Updates
From Katie

From Vogle

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:21 AM |
-----------------------
It would be great if all our defenseman were as vocal as Hannan.

Posted by: robostop10 | March 1, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

@Tom

THIS team...rest of this year....no speculating on next season or Mcphee bashing....koolaid shots for everyone!

Posted by: OVIHtrick8 | March 1, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

People people people...

Tom has only asked for a sip of kool-aid, he is not attempting keg stands. He has merely come out of the cave and re-taken his rightful spot here on the fence post next to me. I do not see him hopping down for 10-15 games. Be careful not to tug at his leg one way or another, or he may attempt to jerk it away and fall backwards onto the opposite side.

Plus at his age, a fall like might incapacitate him and may limit his Caps game wine drinking performance and that would be bad for team luck.

=)

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | March 1, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

@fanohock1

I have played hockey for 20+ year so I think I may know a thing or two about hockey my friend.. Caps fans said how bad they wanted Weiss(-11) and/or Booth (-19). Wideman generally played against team tops lines, and had little support from another D partner or forwards back checking. +/- is a relative state for the entire team, I believe, not for an individual as 5 other skaters have a direct impact on another players +/-.. Lets look at the caps the entire team is way down on +/- for the season. Why because they aren't scoring as many goals, becuase of the system the play.. So +/- has alot to do with system, and the other 4 skaters plus the goalie that is on the ice. I believe you cant fully judge a player based on +/- alone. Shultz when from a +55ish to +2 this year, not because of his skill but becuase of the Caps system.. If plus minus was a reflection on skill Shultz would have never had such a high +/- ration last season.

Posted by: CapsBaby | March 1, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

@robostop10 there are many who would say while we made trades last year we didn't really do anyting to make noise.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Well, a LOT has changed since 2003 folks.

Even though some are loathe to admit it McPhee has worked the draft to make this team relevant again in the NHL.

The team that Poile left him was aging and full of muckers and grinders and few skilled players at the top of their game.

The one asset this team depended upon was Kolzig in goal.

Some can point to Ovechkin as an obvious #1 pick and say McPhee was merely there at the podium at a fortuitous time.

But who says that about the Penguins who were able to tank the equivalent of 3-4 seasons to net them Fleury, Crosby, Malkin and Staal?

And you can't tell me that taking Green and Carlson at #27 and #28 in the first round weren't great moves.

Looking back to 2002 almost ALL of the Caps' first selections have not only played in the NHL but made an impact on the parent club roster.

There aren't many teams around the NHL that can say that.

Just look at Johnson being traded from St. Louis last week.

What McPhee has yet to prove is that he can take what he does with the draft and include wise free agent and trade moves that come at the right time to maximize the potential of the team come playoff time.

THAT is still a work in progress.

But the final chapter has yet to be written.

Posted by: RoyHobbs4 | March 1, 2011 11:27 AM | Report abuse

maybe we could change kool-aid to kick-a-poo-joy juice

-----------------

@capscoach

agree with leaving all thing to the coaching staff.

i'd like to see the team captain find a way to hit the ice every practice though

Posted by: hessone | March 1, 2011 11:30 AM | Report abuse

@fanohock1

I will also say that +/- is a good stat when making a line up. Of course you would not want to players who are all huge negative players playing on same line..

Posted by: CapsBaby | March 1, 2011 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Scary to think of Schultz skaing with Erskine on the 3rd pairing unless they break up the Carlson-Alzner pariring. Long-term I would hope that Green was paired with Hannan on the top pairing with Wideman paired with Erskine. Schultz should be the odd man out if/when Green returns.

Posted by: wizfan89 | March 1, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:25 AM |

-------------------
I'm sure it can be a subjective thing however the point being when you make trades you are hoping they work out. The trades involving Federov, Cook and Huet worked. Last years not at all. This years are a work in progress, but her point was "It was nice to see the Caps make moves at the deadline for a change." which is blatantly false, IMHO. All she has to do is look back 3 years to see the answer. I think we have been busy and noisy even with mixed results.

Posted by: robostop10 | March 1, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Roy: I'm not McPhee bashing, so I won't bring up his drafts in 98, 99, 00, 01, 03 or 05.

I'm glad they are putting Hannan - Wideman. I suggested that immediately after the trade to put the two "non-Caps" together.

Let's see if Wideman does "paw to the jaw" move like Hannan.

I think longer things go, the more people will like Hannan.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | March 1, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Bestill my beating heart!

The lovefest surrounding GMGM is enough to make a hockey player wear a scarf!

I'm on my second batch of kool-aid and boy does it go down easy!

ICE BREAKERS, GOAL SHAKERS!

Posted by: Jordan_Kitts | March 1, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

When Fehr returns I wouldn't be shocked if you see B Laich anchoring the 4th line, giving us 4 legit lines that we can roll consistently.

8/19/22
18/44/28
16/90/25 - had good chemistry the short time together
10/21/26 - brooks skated with the 4th line this year as a shutdown line, I think this combo would be an outstanding shut down line.

Gives you some depth with Gordon,Beagle and Laich can jump up if Fehr/Sturm need a night off and Gordon or Beagle can slide in. Pretty confident Beagle is this teams 4th line Center next year.

Posted by: Bricucci1 | March 1, 2011 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Ovechkin misses a practice.

Shocker...

That really steams me....

But its ok, he's leading the league in goals, points, and plus/minus. So, it's ok.

They should fine him...the guy makes 10 mill a year...I'll skate his practices for some money...

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:36 AM | Report abuse

@robo, it has been three years and to everyone outside DC in the NHL we haven't done anything that last two years. Last year none of the guys we got were anything that people were talking about before the deadline. It would be like calling the Jackets trade for Upshaw and Lepisto making a big splash. Even with the weak deadline it wasn't big news at all. I think the different is looking at this from the outside as opposed to as a Caps fan.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Hmm a D pairing of Shultz and Erskine huh...I think I will dub that pairing:

The Matrix

Why you ask? Well, if you have seen the movie, the scene where Neo dodges bullets...all happens in slow motion. Plus Shultz has the emotions of a robot. It makes sense, and the La Brea line just doesnt sound as cool (the tar pits...slow moving...get it?).

Posted by: SeminAllOverTheIce | March 1, 2011 11:41 AM | Report abuse

If you all threw your body around like Ovi, you would be resting also during morning skates (not a practice- a morning skate.) Cut the Captain some slack, he plays all out every night.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | March 1, 2011 11:44 AM | Report abuse

@Soaring Caps

Are you an idiot? It is not a practice..it is an optional skate...most players like to take a morning skate to get loose. Ovie does not..he also logs alot of minutes, and plays more physical is a higher gear than anyone on the ice.

ENOUGH OF THE MORNING SKATE MISSING CRAP. Some teams dont even do it.

And I can promise you Ovie is there working with a trainer.

Posted by: SA-Town | March 1, 2011 11:44 AM | Report abuse

And Elliott in the Morning is a TOOL!

XM radio, thank god, allows me to not have to listen to that bum..

Lines SHOULD be...

Optional/Arnott/Laich
Knuble/Backstrom/Semin
Hendricks/JOhannson/Sturm
Bradley/Gordon/Chimera

Now the caps have flexibility to sit backstrom when he is being slow and lazy (like all of 2010-2011).

And if Semin starts his stuff, we can put Sturm up...

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:46 AM | Report abuse

SA--

EVERY morning skate the ENTIRE team is on the ice, except Optional. Laich, Knuble, Hendricks...these are guys who block shots, play more physical and work just as hard if not harder because it doesn't come as easy to them.

I would love to know how many morning skates Crosby missed (before Jan 1). I would guess, ZERO...which is why he (was hahahaha) leading the league in points, goals and has also won a cup!

I also would like to know how many OTHER Captains miss morning skates and or practices along the way!

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:50 AM | Report abuse

@SoaringCaps There are several teams in the NHL that do not have morning skates period. I know TB for a fact and I know Pittsburgh often doesn't as well. I actually while living in Pittsburgh went to a few Pens morning skates just to see hockey up close without having to pay big money. I saw Crosby, Malkin, and Gonchar (this was two-three years ago) do a couple of 3 on 0s on the goalies streach, do a globetrotters type weave, streach some more, then leave the ice. None of the three did a single line rush or anything the team was doing at all, they were in their own little world. So even when the "take the skate" they didn't do what the team did one skate hard even for a second. Detroit also has many players not take morning skates as well which is why it is hard to know who is playing sometimes in their lineup. People just like making a big deal when Ovechkin does it because they are looking for something to complain about.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 1, 2011 11:57 AM | Report abuse

SA--

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Crosby doesn't take/give a 1/10th of the punishment Ovi does and you can't touch him in front of the net because breathing on him is a 2 minute penalty. Let him park his ass in front like he does and take the abuse 22 does for our team, then will see how many goals he's scoring that close.

Posted by: Bricucci1 | March 1, 2011 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:36 AM

------------

dude, kettler would love to see you on the ice with the pro's.

better come ready to hit though, because some of the things you say about the players might rub them the wrong way

Posted by: hessone | March 1, 2011 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Capt't Kirk: Got any spare Kool Aid? Maybe just a sip? For now, anyway, I will be a Sunshine Kid and see how long it lasts.

Posted by: tominsocal1 | March 1, 2011 10:33 AM

i've got more than enough - and i'll share with anyone, i'll even supply drinks at the next 'dark siders' meeting

btw - new thread

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 1, 2011 12:07 PM | Report abuse

SA--

Posted by: SoaringCaps | March 1, 2011 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Crosby doesn't take/give a 1/10th of the punishment Ovi does and you can't touch him in front of the net because breathing on him is a 2 minute penalty. Let him park his ass in front like a #22 does and take cross checks and whacks all game then will see how many goals he's scoring that close. He's the NHL's goldenboy, way to throw your league behind a guy with the charisma of shoe. Love or hate # 8 but you can't argue what he has done for Hockey in this town! If you have kids that play hockey (as I do) you would understand.

Posted by: Bricucci1 | March 1, 2011 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Wow, what does that say about EITM if SinkingCaps calls him a tool? I don't get to listen to EITM, but he must be good to get that praise.

Posted by: _Mark | March 1, 2011 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I think EITM would tell you he is a tool, but he supports hockey, so must be alright.

Posted by: Bricucci1 | March 1, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

@soaringcaps

I'm with you on this one....for the captain to miss virtually every morning skate, while almost everyone else not injured is participating, IT JUST SETS A BAD EXAMPLE.

Why is that so hard for everyone to see that? Ovi's a great talent and fun to watch, but I have yet to hear a single teammate, player, coach, or "expert analyst" praise him for his leadership abilities. And why is that?

Whether he's hung over, resting his body, or it's not part of his traditional routine one thing is certain.....Ovi isn't with his mates when they're all together for a light morning skate.

And isn't it possible (or dare I say HIGHLY PROBABLE) that team bonding, unity, and cohesion can be forged in such informal settings? I guess we'll never no, and shame on our captain for giving folks ammunition to question his leadership skills. Ovi scores no points with me on this matter.

Posted by: vermontcaps | March 1, 2011 12:14 PM | Report abuse

It doesn't look like I can cheer the Caps on tonight so, it looks like a certain loss for them. Oh well. Maybe the team can overcome my non-participation & forge ahead to a victory.

It was posted on the internet that Ovie was hung over from a long night of drinking so, he couldn't skate this morning. If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Posted by: chriscaps | March 1, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

To bring up a completley objective point of view on Ovie missing the morning skates. This is a long season and they are very busy people maybe he is out doing the normal mundane things that we usually stress over like paying his bills I pretty sure he has a consultant or assistant that plans his days for him so maybe he is out doing fan/team relation building like going to the local eatery and signing autographs who know more than likely he is going through physical therapy or something like maybe he is in the GYM riding the bike instead of being on the ice I dont know but its just a morning skate but Im an idiot sat least thats what my ex wife calls me( i cleaned it up she more colorfull words to describe me) LOL Relax people.

Posted by: koppleschloss | March 1, 2011 12:17 PM | Report abuse

It will be good to get Fehr back. Subjective opinions may differ, but he does go to the net and he can score.

Posted by: coastallp74 | March 1, 2011 12:36 PM | Report abuse

SoaringCaps knows there's a gym in Kettler too, right? Where players can warm up their legs by using the treadmill or a stationary bike? Lift weights? Oh, he doesn't know what a gym is. Gotcha'. I knew something was missing. Couldn't possibly be a few brain cells. He would have had to have a brain to do that.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 1, 2011 1:00 PM | Report abuse