Sidney Crosby: 'I never will' compare myself to Alex Ovechkin

Some notes from Pittsburgh's morning skate, including the fact that Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will sit out Wednesday night against the Capitals because of a sore foot. But first -- what else? -- Sid vs. Alex.

As of this writing, the top nine news items on NHL.com focused on Washington-Pittsburgh. Because the media -- and particularly, it seems, the Canadian media -- needs to continually come up with ways to hype the Ovechkin-vs.-Crosby angle of each Washington-Pittsburgh game, there were several questions lobbed at Sidney Crosby and his teammates this morning about this being his first matchup with Alex Ovechkin since Canada's 7-3 drubbing of Russia in the quarterfinals of the Olympic tournament. The thought was, according to one reporter from TSN, that Crosby has taken another step ahead of Ovechkin in the public eye because now not only does he have the Stanley Cup he won a year ago, but he has an Olympic gold medal -- a gold Canada won with his own overtime goal -- while Ovechkin went home without a medal.

"There's nothing I can do to really change that or affect that," Crosby said. "I'm not stupid. I don't think this is going to be the last time him and I play each other, or the last time we're going to play each other in the Olympics or the playoffs. Early on, we've seen each other a lot, and I've been fortunate enough to have those things happen, but you know what? We're still young. There's a lot of time left.

"I think the best time to judge players is after their career and things like that. I think I evaluate myself after every year, but by no means do I compare myself to him based on that. I never will. My goals don't change based on what he does, and I'm sure it's the same for him. The things that drive us will always be the same no matter what."

Nicely downplayed. The Penguins, though, did give the Capitals their due, to an extent. Yes, Pittsburgh is tied with New Jersey with 90 points, second-most in the Eastern Conference. But the Penguins are 16 points behind the Capitals, who should lock up home-ice throughout the East soon. Pittsburgh is battling the Devils for the second seed, and if the Penguins don't win the Atlantic Division, they'll fall to the fourth seed in the playoffs. The Capitals have already wrapped up the Southeast Division.

"These guys have been top of the league all year, top of the conference by a wide stretch," veteran Bill Guerin said. "They've had a great year, so we're definitely looking at them to see how we measure up against Washington."

Are the Caps, though, the best team Crosby has seen this year? Keep in mind the Caps have won the previous two meetings between these two teams -- an impressive 6-3 victory on Jan. 21 in Pittsburgh, and then the thrilling, come-from-behind, one-of-the-best-games-in-franchise-history 5-4 win Feb. 7 at Verizon Center, a game in which the Caps trailed 4-1 but won in overtime.

So, Sid, what say you?

"They're one of a bunch, probably," Crosby said. "I don't think there's any clear-cut number one. It's a pretty competitive league, but offensively they can put goals up pretty quickly. They've got a ton of depth and play a fast game. On their power play, they can score. That's something that's been their identity for a couple of years."

Malkin out: The second-line center didn't skate this morning and won't play against the Capitals. He was originally hurt 10 days ago, sat out twice, then played Saturday against Carolina. He re-injured the foot late in that game, and then missed Monday's 3-1 loss at Detroit. Pittsburgh Coach Dan Bylsma said the team doesn't have a target for Malkin's return -- the Capitals travel to Pittsburgh April 6 -- but said: "It's not a long-term situation at this point."

By Barry Svrluga  |  March 24, 2010; 3:38 PM ET
 | Tags: Alex Ovechkin, Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matt Bradley, Shaone Morrisonn comment on steroids investigation
Next: Sheriff: Caps not involved in steroids use

Comments

Will Mark McGwire be playing on Ovechkin line ?

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

OV.....???????? Lets change that to " I V "

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I didn't think it was possible to hate Crosby any more than I do already. Until now.

Posted by: JillC | March 24, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Have you seen the youtube of Crosby repeatedly cross-checking Zetterberg from behind, when the puck was long-gone and after the game was over?

Crosby's middle name is P*ssy.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Also, Malkin's better than Crosby anyway.

Crosby's overrated, he did jack-squat against Team USA all-game, then Iginla makes a terrific play and Sidthesuckerpuncher gets lucky. Dirty f*cker.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like somebody's got a little sand in their hoo-ha...

Posted by: CapsNut | March 24, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Crosby probably knows Ovechkin is better than him. Why would he admit it though?

Posted by: AFGreen | March 24, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

16pt lead = clear cut number one. Crosby is classless.

Posted by: bobnowell | March 24, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Good grief, what did Sid say to warrant such an outpouring of venom? I mean, I'm not the guy's biggest fan either, but it seems those comments in particular seemed pretty measured and accurate.

Posted by: jburksva | March 24, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Guys, give her a break...menstrual pain does not care if you just won the Olympic gold in hockey, okay? Thank you!

Posted by: Political_Stratgst | March 24, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Hey govtimbo,

Waddaya mean Crosby did squat against team USA in the first game? The first goal for team USA went off of Crosby, we might have lost that game without him!

Posted by: coryvreckan | March 24, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

I cant stand Crosby, and would be the first to find fault in the things he does that I cant stand. I think he's a bi#@h.

But I dont see anything wrong with what he said here.. Why would a player evaluate himself based on another player or compare himself? He said he doesn't think OV does either and I hope OV doesnt. He said they're both driven by things within themselves that will always be there. And he said they've faced a lot of good teams this season.

Whats wrong with that? Im surprised I have nothing bad to say about a Crosby interview, but really, I dont see the problem. Do you expect him to exalt OV as a god, and say the Pens suck and the Caps are the ultimate team in the league? What player on earth would do that? Not only is that stupid, but why give another team the psychological edge?

Posted by: NakedApe04 | March 24, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Crosby knows that Ovi is HIS DADDY. And if he crosschecks him like he did Zetterberg; he better be ready to take it like a man. The Pens have become a one-player team, their goaltending is suspect, and their PP mostly ineffective, their game necessitating lots of referee help. I think it's time for them to eat some humble pie. Go Caps!

Posted by: Irreverent_inDC | March 24, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

"but won in overtime on Ovechkin's third goal of the day." actually won on Knubles goal, the great 8 assisted on it though. Ovies third goal tied the game in the third.

Posted by: heywoomi | March 24, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JillC | March 24, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

i have to laugh when i read comments like this. What specifically did Crosby say that was so bad? Truth is, nothing he said was in any way derogatory. Its almost like there is a microprocessor in some people's brains that changes what they read or hear before the information is sent all the way in to be comprehended.

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 24, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

It was the "one of a bunch" comment that pissed me off. Then again, I was in a bad mood already when I read it.

Posted by: JillC | March 24, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I guess some fans will find anything to b_tch about when it comes to Crosby. Even if he sang Ovy's praises that wouldn't be enough, they'd say he was being sarcastic. lol

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 24, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

"well, we got beat by San Jose, Phoenix, the Devils crushed us 6 times, L.A beat us, Chicago beat us," those teams were all spanked me pretty good. I expect the same tonight."

Posted by: SA-Town | March 24, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The Capital people should compare Crosby to is Backstrom. Both centers, the same age, similar skill levels. Backstrom has taken a little longer to develop, but he's really blossoming now.

Ovechkin is a completely different type and class of player than these guys. You compare Ovechkin to Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull, not Gretzky and Lemieux. All great players, but center and wing are not the same thing.

Posted by: butcherbaker | March 24, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

"Crosby is dead on accurate...when asked if we were the best team he's seen he meant to say...

Posted by: SA-Town"

BEAUTIFUL

Posted by: butcherbaker | March 24, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JillC | March 24, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

i agree with Cros. We are one of a bunch of good teams in the league. We could get bounced in the 1st round or we can go a lot deeper, there are many unknowns with this Caps team to see if they can translate regular season success into playoff victories.

Posted by: cstanton1 | March 24, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Not his biggest fan huh? So you're saying you're a fan? Disgusting.

Posted by: leafbowl | March 24, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Come on guys, I hate Cindy as much as much as the next red rocker, but he said 1) OV is good, the team is good 2) we'll play again, and 3) let's play the game on the ice in the playoffs and see who wins, and 4) I gotta play my game and he's gotta play his. What else would you expect him to say? "OV is the greatest player ever and it is honor to lose to him?" Let's be some realistic; he's talking to the media and giving them quotes he's not going to say anything terribly interesting. Nothing to see here, move along please.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | March 24, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Suit up Hanesworth and give DC a reason to like him - flatten SID (stupid / ignorant / d-bag)

Posted by: jvbstable | March 24, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Why so much hate? I normally hate him and this seems rather diplomatic. I can't believe I'm siding with Crosby. I suddenly hate him again for making me side with him.

Posted by: jec4p | March 24, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Speaking as a long time Caps fan, Crosby is a great player despite what some have posted here, and his article is as vanilla as it could be and so any offense taken by Caps fans is morevperceived than real. If anyone says they would not take Crosby on the Caps, they are being disingenuous.

Posted by: TJDemo | March 24, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

So, some of you newbies are so eager to put down Crosby that when he actually sounds professional you still jump all over him?

Look, when the puck is not in play, he is the biggest, whiniest nutpunching child there is. But if you are a fan of hockey, you have to respect his game, and realise that as Caps fans we are stuck with him for the long haul. He is a GREAT hockey player.

Make fun of the fact he lives in Mario's basement and alternately dates Mario or mario's daughters. Make fun of his goofy smile. Make fun of the fact that when he tries to look tough, he looks more like the, um, uh, immature boy liker than ever. But don't jump on every comment that comes out of the boys mouth.

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

In points yes the Caps are the clear #1 right now but Pittsburgh is 0-6-0 vs NJ and we are 1-2-1 vs them. Given those numbers I would say we are not clearly better then NJ so Crosby has a point. There are also a few teams in the West that a very good. The Hawks game went into OT and they were playing on back to back days. SJ is 1-1 vs us this year and LA beat us in our only meeting. Anyone who thinks the Caps are so much better then the rest of the league better look over the facts. We are very good and going to win the East but the other top teams are very close to us head to head.

Posted by: icehammer97 | March 24, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

OV.....???????? Lets change that to " I V "

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 3:52 PM

this made me laugh - good one
this is your all time best post - thanks

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Leeguru - watch who you call a newbie.

I could care less what Crosby says - he is a 1) dirty player, who 2) whines to the refs. Either is bad, but both of those together and yup, you're a D.

And you're showing your ignorance about hockey if you don't realize Malkin's better.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I just don't know why so many of the fans fall for this trap set up by the media. The media is driving the wedge between Syd and Ovi, not eachother. Of course there will be rivalry between the two... they are the two best players in the league, similar to Magic and Bird of the NBA. The only difference is that Canadian hockey baffoons are making a mountain out of the Canada/Russia thing and "hockey is Canada's game"..... The only reason why the NHL prospers is because the US supports the game. Hockey is an international game and we should celebrate the greatness of both Syd and Ovi.

Posted by: skinfannomore | March 24, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Leeguru - watch who you call a newbie.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

govtimbo,

Where did I compare Crosby to ANYONE? I said he is a great player. Malkin is a great player. there are many great players in this league.

But you're right, I'm ignorant when it comes to hockey. Go back to your bashing.

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 4:38 PM

don't forgot 'ruby red lips'

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

No! Crosby is not, along with OV, one of the two best players in the league - his own damn teammate is better. Try not to fall for the Canadian propaganda.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Whatch out for the blue line. It's upraised

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Not much here from what I see. His responses were very measured and I'm sure Crosby is smart enough not to give some inflammatory quote that Bruce can write up on a grease board.

Posted by: Blueline | March 24, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Even Kukla calls out Crosby for his ridiculous cross-checking of Zetterberg, after the play - and game for that matter - was over.

Here's the video:

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I don't really care who's the better player between the two... the only thing that matters is how the TEAM does

time for some of you juveniles to grow up and realize that this is a TEAM sport

Ovi and Sid don't play one on one hockey

Posted by: joek443 | March 24, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Capt Kirk, I was thinking of those enourmous horse teeth

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Nobody will compare Ovie to Crybaby either......has he moved out of the basement yet?????

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | March 24, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Our team is so good, our superstars are so great, and our fans are so stupendous that we don't need to obsess over crosby or any other individual player. Makes us look bad, I think.

Can't wait to get to section 430 - Lets Go Caps!

Posted by: bluejeener1 | March 24, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Fair enough, Leeguru - apologies if I'm a little over-amped for this game. That said, I really don't like Sidney Crosby.

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

No worries govt. I'm amped too. hate the Pens. But I respect a good player. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash the vomit that was in my mouth from having to defend pr!ck boy

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

CAN YOU SAY "GOLD" or have we forgotten already...LOL

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

We all know Schultz is not on the juice because he has never exhibited a single glimpse of roid rage. Wish he would sometimes though...I kid because I love.

Posted by: Satts | March 24, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I can't hear nobody cuz those 3 super bowl trophies are in my ears!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907's lover is Sidney Crosby. I bet you want to marry him. GROSS!! Go to Pensblog and profess your love.

I bet you'll hide after the game and won't be on here.. since the Caps have been so good this year, you haven't been around as much. Please come back after the game! (especially after the Caps win.)

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

I was disappointed that the U.S. lost the gold medal game because I wanted the U.S. to win. But as a Caps fan it really means nothing to me.

I root against Crosby but I would much rather see him and the Pens lose in the playoffs to the Caps then in Olympics.

Posted by: sgm3 | March 24, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

didn't some guys on here say they wanted to marry Backstrom last sunday??

they can actually do it in DC now... LOL

Posted by: joek443 | March 24, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Who cares if Cindy wins 8 golds and forty stanley cups. Who cares what he says. When he hits the ice he's still a horse-toothed, whiny, cross-checkin in the back, nut-punchin, divin', cryin', cheap shot, drama-queen, pu$$oi!

Plain and simple.

Posted by: IceNutz | March 24, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Now that was funny! Thanks Leeguru, I needed a laugh - go Caps!!!

Posted by: govtimbo | March 24, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Well OVIV will never win the Stanley Cup or a gold medal.... Caps need more western Canadian kids ,a playoff goaltender and less European players.

Three quotes come to mind in the recent club house developments ....1. He DID NOT have sex with that women....2. I did not use performance enhancing drugs. 3. I did not bring a gun into the locker room

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Crosby's comment were diplomatic. He was somewhat lost in the game against the Wings, and his actions against Zetterberg were not good; bad enough for their goalie to go after him.

Posted by: Bartolo1 | March 24, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907:
you've reverted to your old drivel - entertain us with something witty like you did earlier

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

@StanleyCup1907

If you want to make us upset you are going to have to do better than that. That had about as much creativity as stating "you guys suck!"

Posted by: sgm3 | March 24, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Capt ....That wouldnt be a fair fight everyone else is unarmed!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

You're such a an idiot to say "he will never win the Stanley Cup." What a bold statement. Can't wait to hear what you'll comeback with once the Caps win it.

Geez just get over yourself. You're a pathetic moron for trolling on Caps blogs. Get a life, if you're going to be on here and chat, can you actually have something intelligent to say?

OVIV? Wow you're so dumb.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sgm3 | March 24, 2010 5:55 PM

ok ....you guys suck! But i cant take credit for that one .......cc sgm3

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 6:00 PM | Report abuse

@StanleyCup1907

Another hackneyed expression?

Posted by: sgm3 | March 24, 2010 6:00 PM | Report abuse

SC: Wow are you like 10 years old?? If you're trying to be funny, you're not.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

A 16 point lead and hardly losing any games since 2010 started is "no clear cut favorite" = maybe we have them where we want them...

Those who point to the Devils dominance of the Caps and Pens this year there is a difference. The Caps played those four games against the Devils like in the first month. All but one was a one goal game. I think OV did not play one when he was injured.

The Pens played the Devs 6 times throughout 6 months. They lost all 6 and only scored 7 goals total in those games..making Brodeur look like a monster.

The Devils were better with Johnny Oduya and Paul Martin in the lineup when the Caps played them. They traded Oduya and they still beat Pittsburgh with Martin injured.

They are not the same team as in October..Pittsburgh has been worse than in October and Washington has been pretty consistent.

No clear favorite I guess?

Posted by: yesisaiditfirst | March 24, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Getting back to hockey and the playoffs, New Jersey is who I'm afraid of. They have played us tough this year and if ole Marty has a good five or six games they will be tough to get by.

Posted by: billd2 | March 24, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Capt ....That wouldnt be a fair fight everyone else is unarmed!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 5:57 PM

close - keep working on it. you would be supprised that most here can take a joke or some good natured kidding. if you're only motivation is to rile people up - then you'll find a few that you can get under their skin.
btw - i really did like the 'iv' post - that was clever

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Leeguru, there's only one real Newbie here. (And I have been reading you all for years but prefer not to speak up and draw fire.) Stanley Cup 1907, I thought you said last year that you really were a Toronto fan, yet you somehow manage to appear here only around the time of Penguins games. Hmmm.

Posted by: newbie1 | March 24, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to hear what you'll comeback with once the Caps win it.
Posted by: rachel216

Well rachel dont waste your whole life waiting for this to happen. Find yourself a russian figure skater and settle down ...Like Semin he's available....and I know you MUST be!

Posted by: StanleyCup1907 | March 24, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

StanleyCup1907:
do you come here for the 'human' interaction or because mario took away cindy's internet access again and you can talk with him?

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Sid will never move out of the basement.....he likes it way too much!

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | March 24, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

haha go ahead and insult me. I honestly feel sorry for you. hide behind a computer and talk crap. I would like to see if you'd ever say any of these things to our faces. whatever, i'm done talking to you. you're a waste of time. hope you enjoy the game tonight. But like newbie1 said, aren't you a Maple Leafs fan? LOL how's that going for you? Last in the eastern conference AGAIN.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

I know it's fun to hate Crosby and all that, and I'm certainly not a fan of his, but I find nothing wrong at all with what he said. The bit about comparing himself to OV was very well said I think. He could have easily went the other way and said something about having won more, but he didn't at all. In terms of saying a lot of teams are close, he is right there as well I think. The West is much better than the East (aside from Pitt, NJ and Washington) and I don't think many would dispute that. Therefore, it's semi-logical to assume that Western Conference teams would have less points, which they do. I do think the Caps are the best team in the league, but I don't think any player in the entire NHL (excluding a Capital) would come right out and say that.

All that being said, cheering for a huge Caps win tonight. Crosby better keep the cross checks to himself tonight, unless he wants to try it on Brads, who will destroy him (and somehow end up bloodied - I love Brads).

Posted by: Aldred15 | March 24, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Rach, I do believe that you bring out the best in our trolls.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | March 24, 2010 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Newbie, you've been around long enough that you should change your name.

Rachel, we've lectured you on feeding the trolls before.

SC1907, I know you have better stuff than what you've fiven us today. Come one! the playoffs are near! YOu need to get in form!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

rachel216 - You're not doing a whole lot to keep the trolls off the site, eh?

Posted by: Aldred15 | March 24, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

ok, i don't speak no english.

SC1907, I know you have better stuff than what you've GIVEN us today. Come on! THe playoffs are near! You need to get in form!

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Wait wtf, is that supposed to be a compliment? If so, thanks best friend. ;)

Sorry Aldred and Leeguru! (Yes, Leeguru, you have told me many times, I'm very sorry.) Okay I need 7pm to hurry up so I can chat with real Caps fans.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

If you weren't underage, we would punish you properly. In the meantime, type 100 times:

I will not feed the trolls.

Posted by: Leeguru | March 24, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Rachel, of course it was, U MY DAWG!

;)

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | March 24, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Rachel, of course it was, U MY DAWG!

;)

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr

YES! I feel so special!!

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls I will not feed the trolls

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

ahh the Semin bashing from 1907... yes you love to throw his grit into question.

the hilarious part is: he's still 6'2 220+ of functional muscle, if you were ever to find yourself in a fight with him he would have you begging for your life in seconds. Semin could throw his bongo punches and still grind your ribcage into powder.

Not that this would stop you from coming here and calling him a figure skater after 5 years of physical rehab.

How does the truth taste internet tough guy?

Posted by: OVIwankanOVI | March 24, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

@OVIwankanOVI

"...Semin could throw his bongo punches and still grind your ribcage into powder..."

I actually "laughed out loud", bravo.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | March 24, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

haha it's ok rachel.

I love the passion you have. I am from Canada so I have never met a female Caps fan, which makes it even more impressive. I just know that the more you type at people like that, the more and more ridiculous they become.

Posted by: Aldred15 | March 24, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

@stanleycup1907
Your comments just illustrate how stupid and uninformed you penguin trolls are. Ovechkin was not even one of the players who was treated by the doctor under investigation.

Posted by: ExPatYankee | March 24, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Oh c'mon. Crosby's a great player. He does some things better than OV, and some not as good. I think his hits on Zetterburg at the end of the game were pretty bush-like and certainly didn't help his rep any. But it's not a boxing or tennis match. It's team against team not player against player.

All that said I'd much rather have OV on my team than Crosby.

Posted by: rjma1 | March 25, 2010 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Haha...some of you Caps/Ovie fans are so hilarious...and bitter...and have such inferiority complexes. Maybe you should just face reality -- that Ovie is the most dynamic and exciting individual talent in the world, but he doesn't inspire his teams (Russia, Washington) to greater heights -- yet. Personally, I hope he does lead the Caps to a Cup someday, but until that time, Sid has made Ovie his biatch at the 2005 World Juniors, the 2009 Eastern Semis and now the Olympics. Live with it and face facts instead of ripping Sid.

Posted by: HoserHockeyFan | March 25, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

It's so clear that there are few people in D.C. that are knowledgeable hockey fans. It's clear that most of you have no honor, no understanding of the game. You're obviously only watching hockey because your team is winning games. It's not the lvoe of the sport - it's the old story of the bandwagon.

It's depressing to read such ignorant comments about players from opposing teams.

It appears that YOU are the cry babies and that you are all acting like you're two years old! My goodness, get a grip. The internet has certainly exposed the ignorance of the u.s. population.

I would never believe such ignorance existed in the world but for reading these comments.

In fact, you're all insults to two-year olds who I've known to act far better than some of you.

You should be really concerned for the mental health of your country's citizens. Such insecurity complexes you all demonstrate.

I've been a hockey watcher for 45 years and I've never known such ignorance within hockey, about hockey and such disrespect for the game or the players.

My hope is that D.C. never ever wins the Cup and that they never have the honor of seeing their names on the Cup. They show no honor as fans.

Posted by: KPaige1 | March 31, 2010 5:56 AM | Report abuse