Stevens Reponds To Boudreau

This morning at Verizon Center, reporters asked Philadelphia Coach John Stevens about Bruce Boudreau's blunt comments yesterday regarding Stevens's Flyers, their tough guy and piling it on in the teams' most recent meeting.

Here's what Stevens had to say, from the DC Sports Bog:

"You know what, you guys can take this Boudreau stuff and you guys can take it somewhere else. I'm not getting drawn into any tit-for-tat stuff. I mean, I don't know where this is going. Bruce, he coaches the Washington Capitals. I don't care what he says. I've got my team to get ready here. This is obviously an important game, it's a hard game, and I don't care what he said, to be honest with you. He can say what he wants. Our team plays the way we play; we're a stand-up, honest hockey team. And he can save that stuff for the media outside of me, because I don't really care to hear it."

Read the whole transcript here. Dan Steinberg just told me he'll have another post with Philly players' reaction in a bit.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  January 6, 2009; 12:56 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Skate Update (Update)
Next: Tonight's Lineup

Comments

I love it!!!

Posted by: thegr8one | January 6, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Thats because Stevens doesnt want to talk about the Slash on Brash, the runs at Green that put his shoulder back, and how Cote went AFTER Brash both times to get his face mushed.

Of course Stevens wont talk about it, and he is smart not too. The Flyers have a rep as it is, and they dont need their coach throwing fuel on the fire.

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

This Stevens guy (Flyers Coach) is really full of himself!

Posted by: MReilly9 | January 6, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I think we might see some fired-up hockey tonight! I hope I have electricity tonight so I don't need to sit in my ice-covered truck and listen to XM.

Posted by: uncatim | January 6, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

"we're a stand-up, honest hockey team."

I sooo want to know what drugs he's doing, and where I can get some myself. A stand-up, honest hockey team? Really? Ok, crackhead!

Posted by: RedBirdie | January 6, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Stevens is a joke! Honest! LOL

Posted by: RedRocker | January 6, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

"we're a stand-up, honest hockey team."

It's just a coincidence we lead the East in Penalty Minutes and are 2nd in the NHL in major penalties.

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

tonight semin needs to girl-slap somebody.

Posted by: jamebow | January 6, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

God I hate Philly and the Flyers. I really do. Please don't let me down, Caps, please.

Posted by: DannyBoy1975 | January 6, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Stevens said enough to see that Boudreau's comments have really gotten to him. He-he.

Should be a good one. What I like about Bruce is that he's a fan of the game and not just a coach. He understands what fans want. Way to stir it up, Bruce!

It's boring as hell to read PC comments from coaches and players who always say the following.

"They're a good team. We're going to have to play hard to beat them. We have to make sure we get some shots on goal, go to the net hard and get some traffic in front. The trick to beating their goalie is to go high".

YAWN!

I prefer what Bruce is doing here.

"Flyers suck. We pretty much hate their guts. Let's get it on!"

Posted by: ranndino | January 6, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

"we're a stand up, honest hocket team"

that's rich

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

the only thing of value to come out of Philly these days is Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Posted by: SombreroGuy | January 6, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Reggie "Reg" Dunlap would be proud.

Slapshot Link

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

@sombrero guy

very true

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I find it hilarious that the Caps hate the Flyers so much. I don't think us Flyers fans would consider the Caps a rival. Devils and Rangers are our top rivals. Forget about the Pens, they've only been decent for a few years. Anyway, carry on. I'm glad the Flyers inspire so much hate!

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Dear Santa,

I know Xmas was two weeks ago, but can you pls bring me a Caps victory tonight? Throw in a couple of the Flyers getting their butts kicked, and I promise to be good for the rest of the yr (well, at least for the week).

Thanx

Posted by: cbs75 | January 6, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Semin is going to pretend Richards' head is his personal war drum.

DOWN WITH PHILTHY!!!

Posted by: CapManJ | January 6, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

@feelingkettle

Clearly you do not remember the Caps sweeping the Flyers in the 1984 playoffs or the Dale Hunter OT goal in game 7 in 1988.

The Caps and Flyers have been going at it for over 34 years now...

Posted by: MReilly9 | January 6, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

thanks for posting the link to Laraques blog, sj9096. I hope everyone who complains about Brash reads what Laraque wrote; maybe they'll get a clue. Big bad keith tkachuck didn't fight brash for a reason (cowardice).
I don't expect Cote to fight brashear tonight. Cote is as tough as they come, but he's likely having a very long day.

Posted by: oo7 | January 6, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

This always gets me ready for a Flyers game. Bring on Jules.

Posted by: saintex | January 6, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Guess ESPN caught a bit of Semin's "punching" the other night...

Hey FeelingKettle - how old are you? Really. If you were honestly old enough, you would know that Caps/Flyers has been a big rivalry for many, many years. Think back to the good old days of Hextall and Hunter - those were the days of rivalry. Now it's just hate and venom. Not better or worse, just different.

Bottom line, Flyers Suck and always have.

Posted by: armonroe | January 6, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

it is so on...

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

@MReilly9

So one playoff win by the Flyers, and a rivalry from 25 or so years ago is ignited again? Please. Until 2 years ago, it was the Flyers and the Devils battling for the top of the Atlantic division since '95.

I understand that the Caps really don't have a good rivalry since their division is usually awful, and they need one with the Flyers, but believe me, Flyers fans don't think of the Caps as a rival, at least not yet.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I should say a rival again. Give us a few more good years of games, and then we can talk.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

@feelingkettle: Really? Had to have security escorts on the 20th of December when I left Wachovia. That's with you guys winning. Who are you trying to kid. You Flyers, Eagles, and Phillies fans hate everyone. Probably because you live in Philly.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

@saintex - I will never get tired of watching that clip. Awesome.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | January 6, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

You know, I'm wondering what our schedule looks like 6 weeks from now...

Posted by: Section117 | January 6, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Seriously Kettle

The rivalry has everything to do with the terrible fans you have...game in and game out. Pittsburgh as well. We have a very decent atmosphere until the PA muck shows up.

Your culture is our rivalry.

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

We do hate everyone in Philly. But there is a different level of hate for our most hated teams. Mets, Cowboys, Giants, Rangers, Penguins, Devils, etc.

You guys have a ways to go before you reach that level. But I do recommend you keep trying.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

God hates Philly. As someone in another Post chat pointed out, whenever a Philadelphia team wins a championship, we have a recession. Ergo, God hates Philly. We should all do our part to avoid massive economic meltdowns by praying (to whichever diety you choose) that all Philly teams lose. Badly.

Posted by: RedBirdie | January 6, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

"...go to the net hard and get some traffic in front..." is Philly speak for "make runs at the goalie, crash into him."

Posted by: Greg S. | January 6, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

feelingkettle,

You are a loser and an idiot, just like all other Philly fans. Why are you on this board anyways? Don't you belong to that flaming orange Flyer's blog?

Posted by: DannyBoy1975 | January 6, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

i miss the patrick division. being lumped in with these stupid southern expansion teams really did ruin some of the great rivalries we had.

i want to eat cheerios out of gary bettman's skull.

Posted by: jamebow | January 6, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I feel BB's complaining about Philly's top guys on the ice in a 7-1 game looks childish and immature.
Since when did everyone have to take into account their opponent's feelings? not like BB wouldnt be putting out his top guys were the situation reversed

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

It can be your rivalry, but it's not ours. I guess that's my point. We're used to the hate in Philly.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

@feelingkettle

The two cites are natural rivals because of their proximity and proclivity to produce winners. The rivalry can instantly be ignited when the matches are consistently competitive, even for a season. Be it in football, basketball or hockey. The media often takes advantage of this, as do the respective teams, its good for business and hypes the fans.

Posted by: WTF_Fehr | January 6, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The Flyers are a dirty team although I'm not sure that is what Boudreau was saying.

Posted by: ccCapsfan | January 6, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

feelingkettle,

we have a way to go? before we can be considered a rival? How many months do we have to be above you in the standings, exactly?

Posted by: jec4p | January 6, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I like this kettle guy now.

He comes on the blog and says that Philly is used to the hate, and it's a normal thing. I dont want to turn this into Dr. Phil..but...why are you guy so damn angry in PA?

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

@WTF_Fehr

Hey, I am all for a good rivalry. But it surprises me how much trash your coach is talking.

But hey, this is how the Flyers win. They piss you off and throw you off your game. We are just doing our usual thing in Philly, and you guys seem to be really hating it, more than other recently.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

We're not angry, we just are passionate about or sports team. Sports is like a religion here. Don't ask me why, I really don't know. That's just how it's always been.

It's not going to change since the Phillies won a World Series.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

@jec4p

Let's meet in the playoffs a few times and see what a rivalry is really like. We both have good teams, I'm sure that will actually happen.

Being above us in the standings has nothing to do with a rivalry. We don't hate the Bruins that much, or the Habs.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't care about Pens, our next big rivals, or Carolina. I want philphy Phlyers to be destroyed tonight. Caps 10, Phlyers 0, Cote and Upshall will be beaten up, that's the best way to shut up their philphy fans.

Posted by: CodePoetry | January 6, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I wish Briere was healthy so Semin could give him a nice fist to the mouth like in the playoffs.

Posted by: _jordan | January 6, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Almost all of the current Caps roster is either too young or has not been here long enough to know any real rivalry. Penguins are the mortal enemy of Capitals due to playoff meetings in the 90s. But for the current roster, all they know is the brutal series last spring, and that is all that matters.

As for off-ice rivalries, it seems PIT, PHI, and BUF send the worst fans to visit DC.

Posted by: Baildog | January 6, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

@_jordan

I'd pay to see Semin try and slap Briere like he did with Mark Staal!

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

@kettle

i dont really know what you are talking about. quite a few of my philly fans hate the capitals, and the rivalry is not 25 years old. quite the exaggeration. im sorry you arent old enough to take a nostalgic look on the rivalry, and instead you must troll here and talk about how the caps arent a rival with your team? I mean, I understand trolling and everything, but is that all you can come up with? "yeah, well you guys arent really our rivals! take that."

and take the flyers off your pedestal, if any rivalry remains from the Patrick it would be with the penguins.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

What I hate about Philly is the classless fans. Any fan base that would attack a bus carrying the opposing team's staff members to a playoff game is base, classless, stupid, vile, and just plain dangerous. The team plays in just that way - just like the pfans!

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | January 6, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I do know in Philly they boo Ovie everytime he touches the puck, and when the starting lineup is called for the visitors everyone yells "sucks!" after each person is named.

Also the pre-game video starts with Riley Cote throwing punches....

And Jeff Carter called us Classy..hahaha

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

rdy4all2000

Actually, he would. He pulled Ovie at the end because the game was decided, Ovie was going to get into trouble and he didn't need to. So rather than hurt his own player, he sat him.

That's when losing. What do you think he'd do if they were blowing out the opponent?

Posted by: Greg S. | January 6, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

@ SA-Town

Agreed. Kettle is just stating it like it is. He isn't being an A-hole.

I've thought that Philly people have a chip on their shoulder because they're between NY and Washington. Having moved to Baltmore 4 years ago, I think Baltimore has an even worse problem of red-headed stepchilditis.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | January 6, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:05 PM
-------------------------------------------
Regardless of allegiance, your willingness to subject yourself to this is commendable. Consider a virtual drink hoisted your way amigo.

Posted by: Section117 | January 6, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

@richmondphil

All I am saying is that you guys hate the Flyers more than we hate the Caps.

You guys haven't seen nothing yet. Wait until we start sending our fans into the penalty boxes to attack your players. Ask Tie Domi, he learned the hard way about that.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

rdy4all2000: Actually he hasn't. When the Caps were ripping the Islanders a new one we went on the Powerplay in the last couple minutes of the game when we were up 5-1. The PP consisted of Brash, Brads, and Steckel up front, and regular D pairing in the back.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

@Kettle- One of my biggest accounts a couple years ago was in Philly. The Philly attitude extends beyond sports haha. It makes you guys good villains for the rest of us.

They are passionate about their teams though.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | January 6, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

feelingkettle is right about the Flydonkies game plan: piss you off and make you play their game. I am all for Brash crushing Cote or some other Flydonkey, but I hope that the Caps remember the point is to play OUR game and get the 2 points. Buttkicking, while enjoyable, should be a secondary consideration, although i realize Flydonkies will try to make it THE issue. I hope Bouds is making the point about playing OUR game loud and clear in the room.

Posted by: doughless | January 6, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

We do the "sucks thing" at every game, and always boo the star players. Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, etc. We feel it's our duty here.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Whoops, we were up 5-2 and we put the 4 line PP out.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

@Section117

It's all in good fun, bro. I think some people take the hate for the Flyers a little too far. But as I said earlier, we are used to negative media about or fans here.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

tie domi beat the hell outta that flyers fan in the sinbin

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

you arent saying anything relevant or necessary. you guys knocked us out in game 7 last year, oh how weird that caps fans dislike the flyers. How weird is that, I would never expect a team who knocked us out last year to be our rivals next year. That is some groundbreaking stuff right there.

we havent seen anything? you arent even old enough to remeber the Patrick division rivalries, quit talking like that. and keep taking pride in how dirty your team is, right up there with the Ducks. thats like if i wished for Ovie to take another cheapshot at briere and injure him again? cool man, lots of cool points for you on that one.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

@kettle

You would be the first one's to call us low class if Jeff-Carter got the boo-birds all game tonight.

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

@SombreroGuy

We don't mind the villains here. But we are who we are for a reason. Our fans do have an impact on the game. People hate to come to play against Philly, and we take pride in that. Any time the crowd can affect the game, that's a good thing for us.

But we will boo our players if they deserve it. Our passion isn't just against the other team.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

kettle,

Either you're trying to say that we're not good enough to warrant your hate, or that you've won enough recently that your fans don't care. If it's the first one, well that's just funny. If it's the second, I hardly think a playoff victory and a recent victory seals the fate of a rivalry that really does exist, despite your adamant and clueless denial. So keep trying to play this "you're not good enough for us to care about" game if you want, I'm enjoying it and it'll just get caps fans more pumped for tonight.

Posted by: jec4p | January 6, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

tominfl1,

From the last thread....
My arguement is that the caps are not in a position to trade ANY of their NHL defensemen - they don't have the depth to do that. Who would be your top 6 if you trade Mo? A now concussion prone Erskine who hasn't even come back yet? That's not what competitive teams do - they add to defensive depth for the playoffs, not reduce it.

Posted by: stormblue | January 6, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

This isn't Pee Wee hockey though. Boudreau is just trying to get his Caps fired up. It it gets a few Flyers train wrecked along the way so be it. Some of the bad blood goes back to rookie seasons.

Posted by: fanohock1 | January 6, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

bottomline guys;

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

@SA-Town

Actually, I wouldn't care if you guys booed Carter whenever he touched the puck. Any passionate sports fan would boo one of the other team's best player.

Pens fans are the worst when they complain about all the crap we give Crosby. But we're just being good sports fans. Plus he fights like a wuss.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

SA-Town:

maybe Carter should get booed TONIGHT

Posted by: doughless | January 6, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

ANother Flyers fan trying to justify SOMETHING? let the troll be. Filly fans are just below Pittsburgh fans, who are just below buffalo fans. They are the scum of the universe. Threw snowballs at santa, batteries at football players, needed to have a COURTHOUSE with a judge attend football games.

The Caps need to play hard tonight and not just beat this team, but crush them. rub it in, run it up.

Posted by: Leeguru | January 6, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Yes, boo professional athletes because they are talented.. that makes a ton of sense.

Posted by: _jordan | January 6, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Not that I like Domi, but that was hilarious.

"Falcone, who got wet, says he attempted to grab the water bottle from Domi while leaning against a glass partition that separates fans from the penalty box.

The partition gave way and Falcone fell into the box. Domi punched Falcone at least twice and pulled his sweatshirt over his head. Collins then jumped into the box to break up the scuffle.

Domi was fined $1,000 for the incident by the NHL.

Falcone's lawyer John P. Williamson told the Associated Press that his client suffered a gash on his forehead and "got the heck beat out of him, went to hospital, had not a lot of treatment, but somebody has to pay for it.""

Posted by: CodePoetry | January 6, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I think feelingkettle is really Stevens! What a dork.

Posted by: RedRocker | January 6, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I am really John Stevens. Instead of preparing my team, I am on here, talking trash! Is Bruce on here as well?

Anyway, it's all in good fun. I'm headed out to lunch. See you all later, and I hope tonight's a good game.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

My best friend moved to S. Jersey (Philly country) several yrs ago to marry his wife. He's a die-hard Caps/Skins fan. Here's his view of what day-to-day life is like being surrounded by Philly fans:

You don't even get it honestly. You don't live with it day in and day out every day of your stinking life. You read it on the blogs but I live through it. It's this atmosphere that they deserve something and are entitled to something more then other teams simply because they are Philadelphia. Seriously, one of the new guys here is a die hard Phillies fan. He's from here, raised here and all that. Mean streets of Philly through and through and it's impossible to miss. The day they were getting ready to play the second part of Game 5 of the World Series, this jerk off must've said come on, we deserve this, at least 50 times that day. He's right across the wall from me and believe me it got real tired real fast.
So I finally said, dude really, how do you deserve it? You, as a fan. For Christ's sake, what could you possibly have invested in it that somehow makes you as a fan more worthy of your team winning a championship then someone else? Believe me, don't move here. There's a reason why I don't like the Eagles more then the Cowboys now. It has nothing to do with tradition. I know how much of a violation it is to have someone higher on the hate food chain then the Cowboys and I just can't help it. Live here for one season and then tell me I'm wrong.

Posted by: cbs75 | January 6, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

personally, I believe Scott Hartnell will be the biggest jerk on the ice tonight. him scoring the hat trick in the last game was mortifying

Posted by: doughless | January 6, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I love BB - stirring the pot a little like the old days...Stevens is nothing but a metrosexual.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

also, don't forget to "aim" tonight in between periods.

Posted by: doughless | January 6, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

ive lived here all my life and hate the skins. my dad is from OK, so I inherited the cowboys from him. (yes, i know)

cbs75, your rant can be applied to fans in any city. generalizing about "fans" in a city is sort of ridiculous.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

He's not a troll. I'm actually enjoying him.

Posted by: Scott_in_Shaw | January 6, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Tie Domi was an absolute animal...I wish the caps had someone like that. Brashear is a great fighter, but he never really gets under the skin of other players; He's just to protect the stars. I really dislike the Flyers; here's to a Cap's victory. And like Bruce implied, I'd like to beat them 14-0...no mercy.

Posted by: reesem37 | January 6, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

FYI

Giroux was named to AHL all-stars to represent Team Canada. As well as Bryan Helmer named captain. While Coach Woods and French will be there coaching. Planet USA to be named tomorrow, in hopes that Varly, Aucoin and hopefully others to be picked. Being that BB will already be up there getting inducted its a great showing for Caps/Bears.

Posted by: HBFan | January 6, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Kettle is hardly a troll...He is just here striking up the Philly point of view.

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Tick, tock. Can we just start the game now please? All this trash talk between coaches and players is making me salivate in anticipation.

If Stevens starts Cote, Bruce should start Brashear's line. I'm just saying...

Posted by: oldtimehockey | January 6, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

why would we want a philly point of view on here?

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Lets stop all the sh*t talking...Lets let these two good teams duke it out on the ice....

Just a couple comments...Flyers are clearly a rival, anyone that says they aren't is dumb. Semin could probably beat up Briere but Briere wins by spear or Asham hack.

I also agree that this is very unlike BB to jaw like this. He obviously took that 7-1 goalie standing on his head loss to heart. I have never seen him like that. Could be a good or a bad thing.

3-1 Caps

Oh and by the way, Philly is into their sports teams bc they have nothing else to live for. Their city is disguisting, the people are borderline criminal, morals left there a while back and its basically the ass crack of America. Their people and their team have have the rep for tough but once you actually stand up to them, they are weak (I have proof, trust).

And how many Stanley Cups have we both won in the last 30 years.....None

So lets stop talking and see what happens...

Posted by: numero94 | January 6, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

by the way I think Kettle deserves some credit for claiming The Flyers as his team and still being able to hold a rational conversation.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | January 6, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil:

wasn't my rant. the comments came from a transplant who now lives outside of philly.

Posted by: cbs75 | January 6, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

It's all in good fun, bro.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:15 PM
-------------------------------------------
No worries. Have fun seeing it, wherever that might be.

Posted by: Section117 | January 6, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

The Flyers-Caps rivalry runs quite deep. I have fond memories of my first Caps-Flyers game, probably about 10 years ago now, trying to out shout the Flyers fans. We won that game if I remember correctly. Good times. If tonight's game is anything like that one I'll have no voice left by the end of the evening.

@ saintex, SombreroGuy, fanohock1
Thanks for the gear suggestions, last time I went to a game here Kettler didn't exist, and it was still the MCI center. Fanohock got it in one, though I'd say I'm closer to hip deep in debt than eyeball deep. I ended up calling my brother and borrowing some red. He's an undergrad at UMCP, so has plenty to go around. He even swears the shirt's clean!

Posted by: theGelf | January 6, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Stevens couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. BB doesn't put his #1 pp unit out when we have a big lead but the Flyers did. In hockey what goes around, comes around. The hockey gods will set it straight. In the mean time, what it covers up is really stupid decision made by Stevens. Yeah, lets anger a team we see next month and give them ammunition for the next time. Let's get the greatest player in the game riled up. To paraphrase from the Incredible Hulk "You don't want to know OVIE when he is angry, you won't like him when he is angry!" Stevens is pretty stupid. Hey Brash, the Flyers are coming better sharpen your knuckles!

Posted by: psugolf | January 6, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Lets face it..fans from all teams are classless when it comes down to it.

Booing another teams players is not classless though.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

@rdy4all2000

Booing another teams players is not classless though.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 2:45 PM

AGREED!! What else is there to do if you can't boo the other team?!?!? geez

Posted by: doughless | January 6, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

uh, numero 94

We shouldnt speak of the amount of stanley cups won

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Please..dont jink..remember when the word playoff was banned here?

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Kill Hartnell.

Ph Philly!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

@fanohock1 - On the security escort. Really? I'm glad we left early. I was feeling VERY uncomfortable around the Philly fans.

Any bets on how many Flyers fans get ejected tonight from the Phone Booth? How about arrested on assault charges?

Last home game saw a dozen Rangers fans kicked out for throwing glass beer bottles... I won't be surprised to see worse than that tonight.

...I wonder where I can get a hard hat for the game... :-p

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

philly is actually a pretty cool city. isnt any more slummy than baltimore.

but what do i know, i live in richmond.

i think the total goals will be over equal to or greater than 7.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm back.

@theGelf

It really doesn't matter what happened in the past. The Flyers had a rivalry going with the Leafs that built to the 2004 playoff matchup. We beat them, and they've stunk since. Do we still have a rivalry with them? No sir.

Rivalries are only fun when both teams are good. The Caps stunk it up until last year, so can you really blame us Flyers fans for not seeing a rivalry after one playoff series? I understand that you guys hate us now and all, but don't act like the rivalry is renewed from one good season and a game or so.

Do we hate the Penguins any more since they beat us in the playoffs last year? No. They were the better team. Most of our bitter rivals we respect a great deal. We get on Brodeur because we have so much respect for him, and when we chased him out of the game last season, it was that much sweeter.

When you start respecting the other team along with hate, then that's a rivalry. At least in my book. Seems like lots of Caps fans just have blind rage for the Flyers. That's cool too, though. But it makes the rivalry look one sided.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

just remembering the 7-1 spanking our rookies gave the Flyers rookie's at the end of camp...regardless of what is going on this season, they won't be much to worry about years to come

Personally, I think BB is just making sure we are extra loud tonight with his comments. nothing more

Posted by: caps28fan | January 6, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

keep in mind, we are above you guys by 5 points in the standings.

I have always hated the flyers, it isnt going to change because the rivalry died with the birth of the SE division.

that doesnt mean I think the team isnt skilled, i defend malkin and crosby (sometimes) on here and keep crap for it. I can see that they are good players.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Alright all, heading home... Alexander 'TKO' Semin scores 3+ goals tonight... bring your hats! Last time I said that, he scored a hat trick! He is going to be a shooting machine tonight, better buy into that!

Posted by: _828 | January 6, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Fellingkettle, I must admit, you seem very intelligent and even keeled. Are you originally from Filly? Or are you taking your prescibed medications? You are an exception to the rule. Some of us aren't used to that.

Posted by: Leeguru | January 6, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

basing the caps fan base on an internet website.

not anymore retarded or ridiculous than people continually generalizing about philly fans.

Posted by: richmondphil | January 6, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey hey hey. I come in from a meeting and y
'all are all ready to kill each other.

@feelingkettle: There are some Flyers and fans I don't have a problem with. There's a few I most assuredly do. Yeah, last year still smarts, but if you guys don't see a rivalry? No problem. That just tells me that you need a little reminder. Reminders are good every now and then.

Win or lose tonight, we'll see you in the playoffs :)

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

@Leeguru

Haha, no I am not on medication. When you live in a place that has a reputation for pissing off other teams, you learn how to do it well, and not get caught up in the crap from the other team.

As hard as the Flyers play (I'm sure some on here would say dirty), our team always respects the other team. None of this trash talking off the ice. The Habs's coach and players said they were the better team, and look where that got them.

Despite what people may view Philly sports fans as, were are incredibly cynical. So when people say that Philly fans thought they deserved a Phillies championship, after all we've been through in this city, hell yes we did.

There will always be fans here who give the city a bad name. Sometimes we take our love of sports a little too far. But the caricatures that some media give us are ridiculous, and we've learned to feed off that. If that intimidates the team or the opposing fans, then more power to us.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

wow...sounds as if John Stevens is a little testy.......

These are the two best teams in the Eastern Conf. even if the current standings do not support this right now.

It does not surprise me that Philly had their #1 power play out in the wanning moment of a blow-out, it's what they do.

Its nice to have all these spats in the media, but the game is played on the ice, and talk is cheap.

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | January 6, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 2:55 PM

The rage isn't blind. It is clear and well-aimed directly towards the goonish, classless Flyers and their equally goonish, classless fans. It's not a stereotype if it's true.

Posted by: ThisGuy | January 6, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Lee, you made me laugh with that one.

Posted by: Steve_R | January 6, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

"goonish, classless Flyers and their equally goonish, classless fans. It's not a stereotype if it's true."

Hey, how about that beer bottle thrown at Jeff Carter after we won game 7? Don't act like Caps fans are completely innocent.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

f-kettle,

Speculation is that the classless a-hole bottle thrower was a transplant from Philly.

Posted by: Steve_R | January 6, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Good one.

I'm outta here. It's been fun.

Posted by: feelingkettle | January 6, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

BTW Steinberg has the philly players reaction.

They dont really see a rivalry. Timonen's quotes I think are classic.

Gratton has some good quotes.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

@feelingkettle: Thinking about it, though ... one thing you said kind of gets me. You piss people off, you play dirty deliberately (and you do, otherwise why would you be first in the East in penalties?), you play to get under other people's skin by your own admission, and you expect honest teams to not hate you for it? That's some pretty twisted thinking there. Maybe if you'd actually rely on the admittedly impressive skill and talent you've got and not play to be a lot of jerks, you'd get less hate and more respect.

It being "the way you do things" doesn't make it right, and it doesn't make it good hockey. You guys are capable of good hockey. You don't have to be dillholes.

Just a thought.

Posted by: kittypawz | January 6, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Reading that, the Flyers seem more business like and focused. I know BB is trying to pump up the Caps but just like on the ice..you cant get away from your game. He is usually pretty level headed..honest, but level headed.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

cbs75:
tell your friend to get a divorce and get out of there. i know someone in s. jersey too - he feels the same way about philly fans

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Re: John Stevens - Yeah, it looks like Boudreau did get under his skin there... which means the Caps had better be on the lookout for cheap shots from behind. These guys are ROUGH.

The Flyers should change their name to the Slashers, though... I mean, JEEZ!

Asham (on Brash)
Briere
Coburn
Cote
Downie (twice)
Hartnell (SIX times!) - Slasher in Chief!
Knuble (four times) - Vice Slasher!
Lupul (twice)
Richards
Upshall

As far as fights:

Alberts (twice)
Asham (four times)
Cote (nine times - twice with Brash)
Downie
Gratton (THIRTEEN times! - he also has two for boarding...)
Lupul (twice)
Metropolit (twice)
Richards (three times)

Coburn has a boarding minor and a boarding major under his belt.

Bottom line: watch your backs, boys! A "stand-up, honest hockey team" is coming your way... from behind... in the dark... with sticks.

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Downie isnt on their team anymore

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

i don't believe feelingkettle is really a philly fan - he's way to coherent.
i still hate - in this order:
pens
isles
flyers
i can understand how he, as a fan, doesn't see the caps as a rivalry

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Gonna be a barnburner 2nite

Posted by: LIVINIT1 | January 6, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I live in Philly and all my Flyers fan friends consider the Caps to be a huge rivalry and always have. They tell me it's the original East Coast teams. Both NY's, NJ, Wash and Pitts. They've also started telling me how 9 starters are injured for the Flyers tonight. Wow sounds familiar to last game.

Posted by: cappies | January 6, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Calling hockey players out on the penalties they take and making assumptions about how they play is pretty lame.

We could look at the Caps and say all the hooking and holding penalties says they are either out of shape of out of position.

which isnt the case.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

team i hate in order have to be:

philly
pens
sabres
rangers
all team from canada
devils

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

i do however like the red wings - not sure why since they beat the caps in their only SC appearance. maybe it's because they aren't in canada

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

All I Have To Say Philadelphia Cryers!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sporttraveler | January 6, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

The Eagles fans booed Santa Claus a few years ago, SANTA CLAUS!!, that should tell you all you need to know about the class of a filthedelphia fan.
@whoever posted the slapshot link...

I love the end of that clip.. " I'm trying to listen to the effing song" priceless.

LETS GO CAPS!!! t-minus 3 hours

Posted by: ludeman95 | January 6, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Alex Ovechkin is winning by a landslide NHL's fan poll: "Who should be the top forward added to the East's All-Star team?"

Posted by: caraveli | January 6, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

When will some of these Caps bandwaggon fans leave!!!!! I can't even go to games any more and the fans I talk to at the Caps games know nothing about the Caps except for their star players like Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and Green.

At least we're winning but that's the small price you pay with a winning team.

Posted by: washcapsfanandorioles | January 6, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Lets all list the orders we hate in:

Personally I am:
Pens
Flyers
Winnipeg Jets
K.C Royals
Columbus Blue Jackets - Oh Friday I cant wait!
L.A Raiders (Dont mind them in Oakland though)

OK...Too much anger here...GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: SA-Town | January 6, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

The question is WHY is he even being considered as an Alternate? He should be there on skill alone without the idiotic voting.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 6, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

@rdy4all2000 - Have you ever SEEN a Flyers game? They play UGLY. Period. I watch them routinely on Center Ice. They are a very rough team.

Yeah, I will forgive single instances of certain types of penalties. That can happen. But multiple slashing penalties on one player is a pattern. No matter what you see.

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

On the rivalries thing, I've always thought of the Flyers and Pens as the big teams to hate. This goes back to the old Patrick Division days, although to be fair the league's constant rearranging of the league killed some of that. Us being stuck in the worthless SE division and the idiotic unbalanced schedule with 8 games agaisnt the same 4 teams each killed the more interesting DC/Penn rilvalries. Even though the Lighting and the Hurricanes have had good teams in recent years and they have good games together, its hard to get revved up for those matchups. Fair or not, its just too manufactured.

Too early to head to the Turtle?

Posted by: oldtimehockey | January 6, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

washcapsfanandorioles
i've never seen you post since the inception of this blog.

please give us your resume on how long you've been a fan so we can heckle you some more.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | January 6, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Brash always plays well against the Flyers, particularly here at Verizon. I just know he'll get one of those rare goals of his against us, and I'll feel compelled to stand up and cheer for him. Kind of wish we had found the cap space to keep him a few years back.

And I'm certainly old enough to remember the scrums at the Cap Center -- was blissfully in attendance for Hexy's goal -- and I have to agree with feelingkettle that the rivalry waned a bit after both teams made their last Cup appearances and retooled. I'd love to see it rekindled -- road to the Cup in the East goes through Philly or DC this year.

Posted by: DC_Flyer | January 6, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

SA-Town:
i was sticking to hockey - new list
cowboys
yankees
redsox
ny (football) giants
knicks
mavericks
raiders
okl sooners
PS lions
my brain hurts - there are more but i'll stop here - hockey hate comes after these though

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

I respect the Flyers because they are good,and they do play with an edge, but thats the way they have always played. We just got to one up them and shut them up for good!

Rock the RED tonight!!!!!

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | January 6, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

all-sports most hated:

Duke basketball (that will never change)
flyers
red sox
pens
ND football (weird with me being irish)
yankees
eagles
floyd mayweather
lakers

Posted by: _stevo | January 6, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Here's a better poll...

list the teams you hate MORE than the Hurricanes (or Lightning, or whichever is your most-hated SE team).

Pens
Flyers
Sabres
Rangers (even though my wife is a Rangers fan)
Stars
Red Wings (I'm already out West before I get to the Hurricanes)

Posted by: Baildog | January 6, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I actually wish that the voting went for Savard, Richards, or someone else just to see Bettman squirm a lot and to see him try to explain how the world best hockey player in the world can't get to play on the first line even if there are injuries and players can't skate.

Chara, Green (arguable), Iginla, Lundqvist (arguable) aren't starters? No Lidstrom as a starter?

I stopped caring a week into the voting when I saw that Semin's vote count went down over 1,000 points. How does a vote count go down? Dangling electronic chads?

It just makes the NHL look stupid. Thanks Bettman.

Posted by: Greg S. | January 6, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Phlyers forwards' thrust can create a gas attack

Posted by: CodePoetry | January 6, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

There are still people in certain cities fighting to try and convince everyone that certain players are as good as the hype the NHL tried installing in all of us. Fortunately for us we don't need to sit up all night voting for Ovechkin to be in. We have the best player in the world and if he's in the All Star Game or not who cares, we have an All Star game every night he plays.

Posted by: cappies | January 6, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

ducks
avalanche
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Philadelphia Phantoms
Providence Bruins
Lowell Devils
these, and a couple of echl clubs, all come before car, tb, fla and atl
i hate this divisional setup

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Flyers and their fans have long taken pride in acting like dirtballs. It's an odd thing, to hang your hat on the slashing and buffoonery championship, but I guess that's the only championship they've a crack at winning.

Posted by: redlineblue | January 6, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Anyone know the lines for this evening?

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

CodePoetry, Anybody think to take that picture of Briere and turn his mouthguard into a snorkel? I guess it would be more appropriate if it was Crosby, but still. Maybe add a mask, a pair of flippers, some water wings.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 6, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Bring the patrick division back.

Posted by: mnmnt_snow | January 6, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

@lylewimbledon - Not me.

Re: Teams I Don't Like (hate may be too strong a word for some)

Baseball: New York Mets, hands down (I'm a Cubs fan; my favorite teams are the Cubs and whoever's playing the Mets.)

Basketball: Boston Celtics (my home town all but renamed itself for Larry Bird the first year they won the playoffs...)

Football: Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers

Hockey: Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

@ irockthered

Why the Blues?

Posted by: CapManJ | January 6, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Teams I dislike:

Cowboys - duh.
Flyers - double duh.
Pens - just gets worse and worse
Eagles
Miami U.
and who cares about pro basketball? but if I had to pick, I'd say all of them.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

OMG - Let's go clock - hurry up!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | January 6, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Chiming in as another longtime Caps fan who lives in the Philly area and I think I know why Philly fans are the way they are. Do you have any idea how crazy their beer/wine/liquour laws are up here?! They drove me to homebrewing!

Seriously, though, I do respect Philly as a serious sports town willing to dump just as hard on their own teams as they do the opposition. My time is coming, I'm sure, but I've yet to run into the fans mentioned in previous posts.

It was also great watching the local sportscast last year when the Caps spoiled Ron Hextall night.

Go Caps!

Posted by: geauxcaps | January 6, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

@CapManJ - Two Words: David. Backes.

Posted by: irockthered | January 6, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

My official bottom five list is:

Cowboys
Flyers
Eagles
Ravens
Penguins

Unfortunately, my nightmare Super Bowl (Eagles-Ravens) is still possible.

Just don't care enough about baseball or basketball to actually hate.

boy, I wish it was game time.

Posted by: Baildog | January 6, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

@irtr

i live in the philly market in delaware near md. so all i get is Flyers games. so yes, I love hockey and watch the majority of philly games that are on.

They actually arent that dirty a team. They do play with an edge, which is how you win playoff hockey.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

@rdy4all2000
I agree with you, Flyers play with an edge, which some nights, I think the Caps could use more of if they're really going to make noise in the playoffs. Really, who is our Hartnell on the Caps? A player you absolutely hate to see on the other team, but sure wouldn't mind seeing in Red.

Posted by: geauxcaps | January 6, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

For BB's sake, the caps better win this one, because if they dont, the reception he will get when he goes back to Philly will probably be something he will remember for a while

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I cant think of one cap that you can compare to an agitator like Hartnell or Upshall. They have a job and do it well. It pays off for Hartnell..what does he have 15 goals this year already?

I mean, bradley, maybe but really, they could use a good agitator. Cooke fit the roll well last year..but ive lost much respect for him after watching some of the cheap shots and not willing to drop the gloves for it.

Posted by: rdy4all2000 | January 6, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Odds for tonight:

Brash vs Cote "3" - 1/1
Caps Player Gets Injured - 3/1
Bruce vs Stevens Yapping Through the Glass - 7/1
FLYERS WIN - 15/1

-- 1st Off the Flyers have had rivals outside of the caps for years. It is the first year we have been good in a while so I can understand their fans not considering us RIVALS. Usually people pick a rival that beats them a lot. For example, Cavs are the Wizards rival but the Cavs rival is detroit or boston.

I hope its an exiciting game and I love how Bruce will stir the excitement....most coaches refrain from it but I love it...

BE LOUD

Posted by: DCSPORTS | January 6, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Sure thing, rdy4: there's something BB can do that will cause the Philthy Phaithful to pretend they're not drunken vulgar arse-voids, on his next trip.

Posted by: redlineblue | January 6, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Just took a look at the caps schedule and realized something...with a win tonight we can easily (knock on wood) go 10-0 before facing anyone even mildly threatening in Pittsburg.

Second half of Jan is going to be tough though. X2 against the Bruins plus the Redwings. Luckily enough we sandwich in the sens and iles in between those games!

Posted by: patrone | January 6, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin plays with an edge. Note the relative lack of slashing, spearing, and other goon penalties on his resume. "Edge" is one thing and "sneaky scumbag" (or "Briere") is another.
Caps could use more edge. I'm fine with their lack of filth.

Posted by: redlineblue | January 6, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

DCSPORTS:
go for it BB. remember - there really was no rivalry with the cowboys until george allen came along. if BB is here long enough - i could move the flyers to the top of my 'hate' list

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | January 6, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

I think when he cleans up his act a little (grows up), Stefan Della Rovere could be our agitator. He didn't impress me that much during the WJC, especially with the dumb penalties and the being a mini-goon, but I think with another year in junior and a year or two in A, and he'll be okay. As people pointed out, he needs to learn to not take stupid penalties (I think he led the WJC in PIMs), but he's definitely the guy that gets under a teams skin.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | January 6, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Well "washcapsandoriolesfan" you are right on the Caps having a lot of fans hopping on their bandwaggon this season but I don't think you will find any here. Oh and for those who have a myspace, add the Caps while you're at it

Posted by: washcapsfanandorioles | January 6, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

If we see them in the play offs,ratchet it up to 11. Forget 10.

Posted by: ridgely1 | January 7, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse