Sunday Morning Update

Shaone Morrisonn and Sergei Fedorov are among several Caps who are not taking part in this morning's optional practice. Mike Green, Alexander Semin, Alex Ovechkin, Brooks Laich and Brent Johnson also are not skating.

Chris Clark, who, according to Coach Bruce Boudreau is nursing a minor injury, is on the ice, however. Tyler Sloan is also still here.

I'll have more after practice.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  November 9, 2008; 11:24 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Caps 3, Rangers 1
Next: Boudreau: 'I Like Olie'

Comments

well cool, nice to know some are resting. after that somewhat easy win over #1 rangers, and hard fought game by all players. this is the team I was expectin to see coming into the start of the season. can't wait for tomrorrow's game.

OLIE!!!!! :(

Posted by: capsfan387 | November 9, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Hi Tarik, Love to see that you still show up for the optional practice. Would have liked to see everyone there, but oh, well.

I'm no expert whatsoever, but I was at game and many times I noticed a good defensive play and looked to see who did it and it was #89. I notcied him when I watched the away game son TV, and except for 1 bib booboo, I thought he has played GREAT. What does BB think?

Posted by: CapsRockTheRed | November 9, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Tarik:

Any word on why Nyls played so few minutes last night? Is he @ practice?

Posted by: MBonatucci | November 9, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I'd just like to point out to everyone that, in the last minute of regulation the Rangers stayed away from Boyd Gordon's side of the ice!
Boyd Gordon RULES!

Posted by: boyd_gordon_shootout_specialist | November 9, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Yeah but Sloan made some mistakes that could have led into goals..

Posted by: MNMNT | November 9, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand why there is a "goalie controversy". Was it not BB that started the whole go with the hot goalie thing? Besides Johnny is playing great and Josie has let in soft goals in every game. Gimme a break there is not controversy, Johnny is #1.

Posted by: majiksea | November 9, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

OK so once again I gave Fehr a chance and once again I don't get it ... why are some folks so excited to get him out there?

Posted by: Boo- | November 9, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Real informal practice. Nylander is a monster stickhandler.

Posted by: _jordan | November 9, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Hi Tarik,

From your posts, and maybe it's just me, you seem to be hinting that Clark's injury is not really an injury (see Clark's comments yesterday about asking BB, and you stating "according to BB" today). Is this a way of benching Clark without embarassing him publicly? Thanks.

Posted by: kilkelly | November 9, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

To the Caps fan in section 431 last row,

You and your heckling of the Rangers fans wasn't funny.

"Caps 2, Rangers 0...Caps 2, Rangers 0" isn't creative.

Here's a tip: the sting of silence is better than your constant Rangers-laced insults.

You're 48 years old (give or take a year), double-fisting Bud Lights, wearing a T-Shirt jersey.

Announcing that the game was over with 48 seconds left in the 3rd period and the Rangers on a power play was stupid.

Please stay at home and watch the games...oh, and buy a real jersey.

Posted by: laxhoss | November 9, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Tarik would really say that. I'd say the information is there for you to make your judgement on that.

Posted by: MNMNT | November 9, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

So the way I have it figured, after Obama gets sworn in, I get to move to the lower bowl at least every 5 games right? So do we just pick the seats we want and send hapless suckers who paid for them up top? I like the people we have been sitting with for all these years, so perhaps we can move down as a section, that woudl be cool!

Posted by: majiksea | November 9, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for covering the optional Sunday morning practice. That's what I call going above and beyond!

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about Brian Pothier. How's he doing in his recovery? Does he think he'll be able to play hockey again?

I'm most concerned about Brian just being able to get back to living a normal life. If Brian's able to rejoin the team, it would be one of the great stories of the year.

Posted by: Terptwin | November 9, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

@ Majiksea

So the way I have figured no one gives a flying f@#k about your political views and no one thinks it's particularly clever how you disguise them as hockey talk.

Keep your brainwashed political crap to the conservative blogs you seem to get all your info from and stick to hockey on here. Thank you.

Posted by: ranndino | November 9, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

ranndino: "Brainwashed?" Careful buddy, your political opinions are showing. Glass houses, rocks, all that crap. ^^

Posted by: kittypawz | November 9, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

@everyone with political cr@p on here. This is a HOCKEY blog. Take your politics elsewhere, 'k? Thanks.

Posted by: irockthered | November 9, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse