Semin set to return, Kozlov not so much

Alexander Semin will return from a one game absence tomorrow night against Tampa Bay, according to Coach Bruce Boudreau. This morning, Semin replaced Michael Nylander on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.

Viktor Kozlov, meantime, only lasted a few minutes on the ice at St. Pete Times Forum. So he's doubtful for tomorrow's game and probably a long shot for Sunday's game, too.

"We're being very cautious with him," Boudreau said of Kozlov, who has missed three games with a groin muscle pull. "So as soon as he feels a little bit of soreness or something, we pull him right out."

As I mentioned before, I'm writing about Staffan Kronwall for tomorrow's paper. Looks like he's going to play in Tampa, and possibly skate alongside Tom Poti, though Boudreau stopped short of confirming this.

"He'll make a debut over the weekend," Boudreau said.

The other question is whether rookie Michal Neuvirth will get his first NHL start against the 'Bolts.

"I don't know, but there's a chance," Boudreau said.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  February 13, 2009; 1:44 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Semin Skates
Next: Morning Skate Update

Comments

I cannot wait to see Neuvirth's FIRST start

Posted by: docjohnson | February 13, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, ask Staffan what kind of profanity Lindros used when he was knocked down by Kronwall.... :))

Posted by: CodePoetry | February 13, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I would totally start the kid vs Tampa. Florida is a bigger game, and Theo should play in that one if he's not going to play both.

Posted by: SA-Town | February 13, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

FedorovCrunch:

Yes, I am looking online and the tickets are $10 for 12 & under. Those seats seem to be regularly $44. I don't know what happens since I already bought on TicketMaster, not knowing this. I will need to get my daughter to call them since she ordered the tickets.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 13, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1-

Yeah, I got mine before I realized it as well. I think it'll be fine... worst that happens is I lose my $10+fees. Worth a shot, maybe?

Posted by: FedorovCrunch | February 13, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

@FedorovCrunch:

At worst, I will need to buy the two cheapest tickets I can get and then sit in the very nice Section 418, Row 2 (since no one else can sit there).

Thanks for warning me.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 13, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and if they let us in, my friend and I will be in 417, Row 2, Seats 1-2

Posted by: FedorovCrunch | February 13, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

You don't really lose the $10 + fee. Those seats are worth $44 for adults. Their cheapest adult tickets are $17. So we get there and if need be, buy a $17 ticket but then sit in your section 418 seats (non one else can sit there, since you have the tix). So at worst we get a $44 seat for $27 each.

TominFl (who is in Finance)

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 13, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

@ Tarik
morning skate sunday? yea or nea
flying out sunday after game or monday? really want a chance to catch up with guys, but don't want to run in circles.

@ fedorovcrunch & others.....
if you need tix, you can often get them as you walk the outside concourse (u did not get this from me) my friend buys nosebleed EVERY night for about $5-10........

Posted by: seryogaSone | February 13, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Ovi/Backstrom/Semin
Flash/Fedorov/Fehr
Laich/Nylander/Steckel
Brashear/Gordon/Beagle or Bradley

Green/Erskine
Alzner/Jurcina
Poti/Schultz

Neuvirth/Theo

Posted by: JSchon | February 13, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to the game on Sunday...looking forward to it. The Cats host the Capitals two more times I believe, once on March 17 and then the last game of the season. Here's to beating them everytime the Caps visit Sunrise.

Posted by: reesem37 | February 13, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Only change I'd make to that, JSchon is to stick Kronwall in there somewhere. I want to see what Kronwall's got, and I was very impressed with Beagle.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 13, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

JSchon, I like your lines, but I'd go with Beagle on the 3rd and Steckle on the 4th w/Bradley and Gordo, let Brash sit a game to rest up.

Posted by: superpaqman | February 13, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Good point, TominFinance. I was thinking more in terms of them not letting me pick up my tickets, as that's my main concern. But I forgot about the fact that no one else can get those seats, regardless of what happens between now and game time.

Posted by: FedorovCrunch | February 13, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

I forgot about Kronwall...

Poti/Kronwall

Posted by: JSchon | February 13, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

So is Schultz done? I sure hope so... What are they going to do with him?

Posted by: TheButter | February 13, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

This is how I would rank the blueliners in our system as far as how the organizations views their value.

1. Green
36. Morrisonn

Posted by: JSchon | February 13, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

@jschon

35. Langway
36. Morrison

Posted by: SA-Town | February 13, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Poti has openly criticized the ice at Verizon and said players could get seriously hurt. Put that together with the fact that he's never had groin problems before arriving in DC... well there ya go... we know the reason for the criticism.

>>>
Tom Poti is another skilled player that hasn't been able to stay healthy in 2 years in Washington.

Posted by: leopard09 | February 13, 2009 2:08 PM

Posted by: rh71 | February 13, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I do think ShaMo is gonna be scratched for at least one of the games this weekend, and I also see him as one of the most likely candidates to be shopped in a trade (due to his salary, his pending RFA status... which ended up in arbitration last time, and his subpar performance).

I would have Poti at 4th on your list, however.

Posted by: chombie13 | February 13, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jlivsics | February 13, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

@jshon

how do you have schultz ahead of poti?

Posted by: _stevo | February 13, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Tarik,
Will the Caps have the day off on Monday or will they have practice at Kettler?

Posted by: JCB9 | February 13, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

jlivsics: I think Crosby is defined by that spit curl he makes sure to show below his helmet.

Posted by: rw-c | February 13, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

@jlivsics

Funny except I can do without the Hodgkin's disease / plane crash stuff - that's low even for the Onion.

Posted by: yosemite_sam | February 13, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

yeah they went the extra mile for this one :)

Posted by: jlivsics | February 13, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Did Ivon Labre make the Top 35?????

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | February 13, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Wow, ESPN 980 (station that barely talks Caps, and talk for hours about the 11-win Wizards) has Mike Green as their background (side background) I find that interesting...

Posted by: rachel216 | February 13, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

@JSchon - I have one change for you:

Poti/Kronwall - but it looked like you put that up later. :-)

The "Three F's" line was brilliant the other night, and so was the "Three B's" of Beagle/Brash/Brads... three brutes, one line, no waiting. ;-) No, not really brutes, but they did play very well together.

@seryogaSone - Your friend trusts the scalpers to have real, non-duplicated tickets??? He's more trusting than I am!

Re: Schultz - Morrisonn has been through arbitration twice to stay here. I have a feeling he won't get it a third time. He's simply not playing up to his salary. I like him, but he's just not.

Posted by: irockthered | February 13, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

The last should read Re: Morrisonn... d'oh.

Re: Kozlov - Wow, that must be a nasty groin pull he's got. Poor guy! :-( I'm glad to see them playing cautiously with him, though; I don't want to see him pull a Fedorov (come back for a game, out for five, come back for another, out for several more...)!!!

Posted by: irockthered | February 13, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

@rw-c - The "Superman" curl? LOL! Yeah... I keep picturing Crosby in bright blue tights and red briefs over top of them... may have to do that as a Photoshop, LOL! Put a big "C" on his chest in place of the "S"...

Posted by: irockthered | February 13, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Juice is way better than 10.

Posted by: doughless | February 13, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

You may not be too excited after seeing Neuvirth's 1st start - I can't say his play in Hershey has been that exceptional.

Posted by: hersheybearfan | February 13, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

@hersheybearfan - We'll see what happens; he's been in the ECHL all season, which really doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence, but he looked decent in the pre-season... not as good as Varlamov, but he did look decent. I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude on the matter...

Posted by: irockthered | February 13, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

@rw-c - This is for you. :-)

Posted by: irockthered | February 13, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

@FedorovCrunch:

I just called the box office. I explained the situation and he said there's no way he knows of to assure you are a child when you go into the rink. As for being a child to get tickets, parents would always be buying for the children anyway. I described the "buy two other seats but sit in 417/418" and he said that would work as a worse case. He said they were selling well but it wasn't a sellout. See you Sunday! I hope! It should be a really great game.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 13, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

For anybody that doesnt know, Peter Bondra is going to be at the IAS at the Baltimore Convention Center tonight. Heard it on the radio earlier today.

Posted by: ludeman95 | February 13, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Just want to thank everyone for their input making this info better each time.

Is everyone prepared for the 21-game salute?

Picture perfect heading into the stretch. Picasso couldn't have painted a more beautiful picture. Is anyone more excited than I about the beginning of the stretch run?

Looking Ahead:

The last 21 games of the season the Caps schedule includes:

13 games against division foe
4 against Atlanta
3 against Tampa
3 against Florida
3 against Carolina (2 at home)

2 games against the Maple Leafs

1 against the Bruins (A)
1 against the Penguins (H)
1 against the Flyers (A)
1 against the Predators (A)
1 against the Sabres (H)
1 against the Islanders (A)

Looking good for the stretch run! All we need is a veteran puck moving defensman.

cool

how's it looking boys?

Posted by: windjammersouth | February 13, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

You know, in thinking about it, Picasso's paintings, not so great, the whole cubism deal didn't do it for me.

Posted by: superpaqman | February 13, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Sorry I think I just used wayyyyyy too many commas

Posted by: superpaqman | February 13, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

windjammersouth,

Do you have any friends?

I get the feeling you get on the nerves of anybody you deal with in any setting.

Why do I say that?

Anybody who takes part in a community and repeatedly and knowingly does something to irritate every single other member of that community isn't likely to have many friends in any environment.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 13, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

It sounds like the Flyers are working hard to get Bouwmeester and that the Panthers actually approached them about a deal:

TRADE RUMOURS
- The New York Post has the Philadelphia Flyers prepared to move wingers Mike Knuble and Joffrey Lupul in order to create cap space to acquire a defenceman like Jay Bouwmeester or Anaheim's Scott Niedermayer. The Post says that the Devils are interested in bringing Niedermayer back, but won't send Paul Martin to Anaheim as part of the package.

- According to the Ottawa Sun, the Panthers have talked to the Flyers about a Bouwmeester deal that would involved wingers Scott Hartnell and James van Riemsdyk. The paper reports that Hartnell probably wouldn't waive his no-trade clause, but that van Riemsdyk may be available. Furthermore, the Sun has the Senators, Oilers, Canucks, Blue Jackets and Kings all expressing interest in Bouwmeester.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 13, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Check this out. Caps have two of the top 10 ranked lines in the league.

Posted by: RedRocker1 | February 13, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Bears at Binghamton tonight at 7:00.

Listen at www.sportsjuice.com

Posted by: tess2201 | February 13, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Why Schultz so high?
Well he was a 1st round pick, he is still young and very big, something you cant teach. He certainly hasn't reached his full potential yet, Poti however, is on the downside of his career at 31. Poti has been injury prone for us and still as a veteran makes really dumb decisions on the ice.

Posted by: JSchon | February 13, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

I keep hearing how young Jeff Schultz is and how it takes a while for defenders to get good, etc. I have a question. Is there some reason why Jeff has not been paired with Poti to put him out there with an experienced (and pretty solid) defender? Jeff seems to lack confidence and covering Mike Green's rear may just be a little much for him.

Is he not paired with Poti because of a shoots left/shoots right thing, both too slow thing, or did the team just deem Mo as a bigger liability? If we scratch Mo, then would pairing Schultz with Poti help?

Posted by: Kim-3 | February 13, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

ahi ahi ahi JSchon being provocative... you can't teach size... can you teach aggressiveness? Can you teach personality? Can you teach physical presence? Can you teach speed?

Posted by: mauree | February 13, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Chara just looked very Schultz-ish a few minutes ago in the Bos-NJ game. His slowness led to two consecutive giveaways in his own end. Bos got lucky NJ didn't score.

I was surprised to read that Schultz was considered an offensive defenseman when he was a prospect. Some scouts said it wouldn't translate to the NHL while others said he would work on becoming sound defensively before expanding his offensive game. He does show poise with the puck at times and has some passing skills.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 13, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Who needs friends when you can go to the ZOO!

The Caps lose and the posts are the same ol' tired crap this guy sucks and that guy sucks and let's trade him and bench them. Even the Owner gets tired of the whiners but hey you gotta laugh and wonder...just the Pot calling the...o never mind.

But hey best to keep that glass more than half full cause we got a really good team and coach, and great ownership.

Stay the course homes and remember keep your eye on the puck and the last 21 games. Let's all be positive in this wonderful world of ours. We're living the dream!

We're close to kicking off the 21-game salute -- can't wait!!!!

Countdown starts sometime next week. 10-9-8-7-6...

All those that make a fortune in the editing world please feel free to comment and if i agree i'll make the changes.

It's the final countdown...

Posted by: windjammersouth | February 13, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

@tominfl1-

Thanks for giving them a call. I think we'll probably get in just fine. My deal with picking up the tickets is I'm not sure if I even look old enough to have a kid, but if they give me any looks I can always pull the "Don't judge me!" card. Definitely looking forward to Sunday's game. See you there!

Posted by: FedorovCrunch | February 13, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

windjammer,

Being positive is fine. Repeatedly posting something that 99-100% of people find annoying is not. You're worse than the Negative Nancies you speak of when you do that.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 13, 2009 8:17 PM | Report abuse

The Hyenia runs...

Who needs friends when you can go to the ZOO!

We're close to kicking off the 21-game salute -- can't wait!!!!

Countdown starts sometime next week. 10-9-8-7-6...

It's the final countdown...

Posted by: windjammersouth | February 13, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Not sure i like that steckel/nylander line. Two guys who skate around in circles. Laich has his work cut out for him.

Posted by: ejohnsto | February 13, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Bears lose to Binghamton 5-1. Only Bears goal was by Graham Mink. Machesney was in goal, but listening to Walton, he can't be blamed for the loss...the defense was horrendous, especially Sami. And some stupid penalties too. Hope they get their act together soon. Wilkes-Barre is only 5 points behind.

Posted by: tess2201 | February 13, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

@tess

who was Machesney back up? Is Varly back?

Posted by: mauree | February 13, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

@Mauree
Varly is still ailing. The Bears signed some ECHL guy from Johnstown named Kris Mayotte. He was supposed to play for the Bears this past Sunday but then GMGM sent Neuvirth back to Hershey for the day just to get some work in net, so we still haven't see Mayotte play. Sounds like Varly is still a week or more away from returning.

Posted by: tess2201 | February 13, 2009 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Florida just keeps on chugging. The Rangers couldn't even take them out in their specialty, the shootout.

They're 9 points back of us now and we will have to play them in their house on the second night of a back-to-back while they will have a day of rest.

Posted by: tmac2yao | February 13, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

so i had to work and couldn't watch several games. what was semin's and clark's injuries? i am particularly interested to know why clark is on ltir. is it the same thing as last year?

thanks

Posted by: am_jim | February 13, 2009 11:43 PM | Report abuse

devils beat boston
rags lose to panthers
sharkies lose to sabres

the two bottom games = furthering pens troubles

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:06 AM | Report abuse

@am_jim: Please try going back through old posts if you have missed that much time that you don't know what is wrong with Clark. Clark had wrist surgery for a torn tendon sheath that has been bothering him all year, and he is done for the season. Semin's injury was undisclosed.

I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about tonight. I really don't. I feel like the issues we can all see simply aren't being addressed, and it's the same old thing night in and night out. Someone said that we can play .500 hockey for the reast of the season and still break 100 points - well, it looks as if someone jinxed it and we're doing just that. We're going to blow off this game and lose it too, when we really should be able to win this one.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 7:37 AM | Report abuse

That is classic kittypaws right there, absolutely classic. We've already lost. Chalk it up, the big L. We have no chance. I mean we had no chance.

Posted by: JSchon | February 14, 2009 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Okay, JSchon, I'll make a bet with you. if we take four points out of this weekend, I pay double fines for the rest of the season for doom and glooming. If we don't, I pay no fines for the rest of the season. Deal?

Seriously, I don't have a good feling about tonight. Yeah, it's only the Bolts. That's the problem. There's been a lot of talk about how it's a super-relaxed locker room. Well, maybe it's a little too relaxed, and that's what's up with the stupid penalties and the playing down.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Yes, at times this season the Caps preformances vs lesser teams has been somewhat predictable. But, if Neuvirth is in net you will a spirited performance from everybody, thats my prediction.

Kittypaws, I actually don't mind your doom and gloom posts, you've been doing it all year and we have the best season in franchise history.

Posted by: JSchon | February 14, 2009 8:09 AM | Report abuse

irockthered: Nice work with Photoshop, but Sidney doesn't have his Superman curl in that photo.

Hmmm... Sidney and Superman start with S; Crosby and Clark start with C. If Superman (or Clark Kent) played in the NHL, I wonder how many secondary assists he'd have.

Posted by: rw-c | February 14, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

I don't know how many of you watched the Devils/Bruins game last night but it was noteworthy for one reason - each team only had 2 minor penalties the entire game! 4 PIM for each team in a tight, 1-0 shutout. Until the Caps can stop taking stupid penalties I worry about how far they can go in the playoff run.

Posted by: DevilsCapsGal | February 14, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I need to know if Neuvirth is starting tonight!!

Posted by: rachel216 | February 14, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Kittypaws,

Have you had a good feeling about any of our games?

Posted by: Steve_R | February 14, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Is there any statistical analysis of the Caps winning percentage vs. kittypaws saying the game is lost?

Posted by: Steve_R | February 14, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I said before the season that the Caps would win the SE going away with 110 pts. The Caps are on a pace right now for 109 pts. They are a young team, and a young team is going to see lots of highs and lows. The team weathered a ton of injuries and very inconsistent goaltending early in the year. Boudreau and the players seem to have a way to turn things around just when they look ready to go south.

I did not and do not expect the Cup this year. I think the team has just a bit too much youth. However, unless something goes very wrong, I do expect maybe 3 Cups in the next ten years. Ovechkin is so strong, he'll carry them along. Just go to ESPN hockey homepage and see the picture of him holding the Russian flag. That young man would win at anything he did, no matter when he was born.

A four-point weekend? Maybe. But it'll still be a 110-pt season, either way.

Posted by: tominfl1 | February 14, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Kitty this team has matured a lot in the past year, I don't see them taking this game lightly. They know they need to fix some stuff from the Rangers game tonight for tomorrow's big game against Fla. Panthers are something like 12-3-3 in '09 and coming fast. Rangers also got a point last night, Montreal won and NJ beat Boston. The guys have to be aware all the other East teams are making their moves and we need to keep up with NJ and distance ourselves from the pack.

4 points out of this and a win @Fla would put them at arms reach again. I'm not worried about us losing the division but I think Fla playing so well can only help us try to stay ahead of NJ and maybe catch Boston.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | February 14, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Kittypaws stats

In games where she doesnt have a good feeling about.

Caps 24-10-2

In games where she predicts a loss.

Caps 7-3-2

Games in which ner tone is somewhat neutral.

Caps 3-3-1

Posted by: JSchon | February 14, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I was kinda critical about the constant line shuffling that BB has done this year. Even when healthy the top 3 lines always seem to be different on a weekly basis. I'm beginning to think that it isn't a bad thing and come playoff time not being able to game plan for our lines will help us. It certainly hasn't hurt our offense.

Posted by: JSchon | February 14, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

If Morrisonn is a healthy scratch will his NHL record streak of consecutive games taking a stupid penalty to put his team at a 5-on-3 disadvantage be broken? I believe it's now at 3.

Posted by: basingstoke | February 14, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Hahaha. Sorry, all, had a doc's appointment this morning.

@SteveR: I do, I just don't tend to say so when I do, because I don't want to jinx it. Sometimes I will say no when I'm thinking yes, for the same reason. A lot of times, I'll feel good about a game and we'll drop it for no reason. (Kings game, real good example.)

Am I really feeling bad about tonight? Yes, I have a nasty feeling about tonight. simply because we really should win this one. There's no earthly excuse to lose, and yet that's when we tend to be at our worst. I don't want the Devils to pull away from us and I don't want to drop the division. The rest of the East is playing well right now and we're ... not.

I've said enough. If I'm wrong, I'll cheerfully be wrong. If I'm not, I'll say I told you so. It's been a while since I've been a serious doom-and-gloomer, so maybe it's time to start back up again.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

what?

how exactly have weve been not playing well?

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

@Davethecapsfan: Having Neuvirth in goal makes me more than a little nervous. I have a feeling this game is going to constitute goalie abuse (as Peerless so aptly puts it). Whether we get anywhere at all tonight depends on two things - can we stay out of the box for once and is the D doing its job? If both of those things happen, we might be okay.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

and we will never catch boston this year.

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil: Um. What have we been discussing at length? Missed D coverages? Lazy/sloppy passing? Ovechkin having a frickin' hole in his tape? There's stuff we need to work on, and we don't have any more time.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

it's weird to me how you guys interpret a regular season loss.

the red wings lost 7 in a row earlier this year, OH KNOW NO CUP FOR THEM.

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

4-2-1 in the last 7.

not exactly that bad....

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

@richmondphil: Now catching Boston, I agree with. We still need to get back on top of the Devils and take them for a ride (so to speak), but right now, they're two ahead of us. We'd best get busy.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

and we have more than 20+ games to work on it.

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

i dont know, it just seems you are being a little too gloomy and over exaggerating our problems.

Posted by: richmondphil | February 14, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

The Times is saying that Kronwell will play tonight and that Jurcina and Alzner stayed out longer during morning skate. D pairings were Green/Morrison, Poti/Kronwell, Schultz/Erskine

Seriously not happy that Mo gets a sweater tonight. Maybe because we are shopping him and need him to at least play one game without his head somewhere else in the third?

Posted by: Kim-3 | February 14, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Oh dude. Me being gloomy got positive comments out of people that aren't JSchon!

I HAVE TO DO THIS MORE OFTEN! :D

Seriously, though. 4-2-1 is not exactly where I want to be right now, not with the Panthers breathing down our necks and the Devils leapfrogging us on a hot streak. It's good, but I wouldn't call it good enough.

I don't like what I'm seeing lately, and what I am stating is absolutely no more than you and others have been saying since the Kings game. We did great when our lineup was half chocolate, and I think that was in part because the Hershey guys took nothing for granted. Now we've got our stars back we're cruising again, and it's really aggravating.

Add to that that the Lightning haven't been that bad lately (see Peerless' take on the Lightning for all the numbers) and the goalie situation and we've got all the makings of losing a Wild West shootout.

Posted by: kittypawz | February 14, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm all for being realistic but I try not to pay attention to those people who would choose to remain negative instead of staying positive. I can't see how people could live their lives being negative and then when things fulfill their claims of gloom and doom, they're somehow justified in being pissy. Sorry, but if I've got piss in my cornflakes, I'd choose not to eat it. Sounds like kittypawz is eating the pissy cornflakes and making sure everyone of us knows. How do you watch games, believing that they're going to lose? Can you for once just hope for the best? I could imagine you being the idiot that sits through natural catastrophes, saying audibly "We're going to die. I just know it. If we don't, cool. If we do, I told you so." I have to say it but your posts are just as bad as windjammersouth. I'd take his repetitive posts over yours, even if you occasionally have some insightful comments that don't require you being Chicken Little every game the Caps play.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | February 14, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse