The Whole Crew Is Here

Yes, that includes Alexander Semin, who joined more than 30 roster players and prospects for a skate this morning at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. I'm told Semin arrived at the same time as Viktor Kozlov and had a big smile on his face.

I also interviewed Alex Ovechkin, who is going to be the focus of a small story I'm writing for tomorrow's paper. I would transcribe it right now, but I've got to get to Voorhees, N.J., for this afternoon's rookie game against the Flyers' kids.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 12, 2007; 11:41 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: New Ticket Plans Promotes Home Ice Advantage
Next: Standing Room Only in Voorhees

Comments

So the Wild Siberian has arrived? Another conspiracy theory bites the dust.

Posted by: Shaggy | September 12, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

are any of the players heading up to nj that you know of?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 12, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Damn, now we'll have to go and find another reason to attack Semin.

Posted by: b.orr4 | September 12, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Detailed story on Semin sometime soon, PLEASE. How did he get to where he is at? Family life? etc etc.

Posted by: on ice | September 12, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I have a story about Semin.

He missed the team plane to Pitt on the last game of the season. The teams beat reporter was called to get him on a plane with him. The flight was delayed and Semin just walked out of the airport missing the flight entirely. The reporter made the flight to the game and reported on it, while Semin went home. Then refused to report to Portland after the season was over.

Posted by: Jon | September 12, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

At least relay the Semin end of season story correctly. LaCanfora was not able to get to Pittsburgh on time and missed the game. I'm not even sure he flew to Pittsburgh that day.

As for reporting to Portland, you mixed that up too. He did not show up during the lock-out season in Portland and remained in Russia. That is where the whole was there a military obligation thing came about.

If you are going to slam someone, at least get the stories straight. The funny thing is that the organization doesn't seem to have an issue with Semin, but there is a group of fans who can't seem to stand him. Of course, these are the same fans who seem to need a whipping boy on the team and since Witt is gone...

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | September 12, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

freakinandpeakin is right, Semin reported to Portland and played for them in the playoffs that year.

I think this is going to be a really good season for the Caps, I guess some people have resorted to inventing stories to continue the overly tired habit of complaining about the team?

Posted by: Stormblue | September 12, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

WHY DON'T YOU IDIOTS GET A LIFE, AND GET OFF SEMIN'S BACK. Get laid, or something. I'm sure that would be a first for many of you.

Posted by: Puckguru | September 12, 2007 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I thought these boards were going to be better monitored? This is a family show people!

Posted by: SLM | September 12, 2007 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I am planning a sit down interview with Semin for the season opener. Hopefully it will happen.

Posted by: Tarik | September 12, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I'll look forward to the Semin article, he seems to be a very talented player and I hope to see him as a Cap long-term.

Posted by: Jim | September 12, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

cant wait to hear about the rookie game, good to see the coverage!!

Posted by: mark | September 13, 2007 2:58 AM | Report abuse