Theodore to start vs. Carolina

Based on the morning skate, Jose Theodore looks like he'll be the starter tonight at Verizon Center, where the Caps host the 'Canes. He'll be backed up by Michal Neuvirth, who's on the ice getting some extra work right now.

Coach Bruce Boudreau said Wednesday that he hoped rookie standout Semyon Varlamov, who is nursing a groin muscle strain, would be able to practice today and start Saturday in Toronto. Well, Varlamov did not participate in the skate, so it could be that the injury is a little worse than the team is letting on.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  December 11, 2009; 10:46 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pothier, Varlamov still sidelined
Next: Pothier out with a rib injury

Comments

"whose on the ice"
Consider yourself whacked upside the head with a style manual.

Posted by: OvechkinFan92801 | December 11, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Take your time Varly...we got 2 goalies that can hold fort...

Posted by: SA-Town | December 11, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Well, Varly is on IR on my Yahoo! fantasy -team, don't know what that says...

Posted by: saintex | December 11, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Damn new thread- and re-posting mainly hoping that TominFL reads

__________________________________________

Aucoin, Giroux sent back, and I assume Sloan shifts back to D.

Makes room for these 3- perfect.

Whats going on with Nylander? JOKING. It's friday and I'm bored at work.

@TominFl (and unrelated):

I know you enjoy your grapes. Have had any of the wines from Caduceus Cellars? It's the winery owned by Maynard James Keenan of Tool. I think Whole Foods carried some for a little bit, but I missed the boat. The winery isn't shipping now, as it's too cold. Just curious if you're tried any of them.

Posted by: Fro_ | December 11, 2009 10:42 AM |

Posted by: Fro_ | December 11, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Hopefully we won't have to call him Jose Threeormore tonight.

Posted by: shammyrocked | December 11, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Fro: I answered that one on the previous thread, but now there's even another.

I have not tried that wine.

Posted by: tominfl1 | December 11, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

"whose on the ice"
Consider yourself whacked upside the head with a style manual.

Posted by: OvechkinFan92801 | December 11, 2009 10:57 AM

@OvechkinFan92801:

Ummmm, no.

May I see your Posting license & Blog registration please?

Do you know why I stopped you?

Tarik is correct here, as the word "Who's" (with an apostrophe) is a contraction of "who is". Thus, his sentence works, given the context.

"Whose", on the other hand, is a possessive pronoun, e.g.:

"...And take back one Kaddham to honor the Hebrew God whose [artifact] this is..."

(BONUS QUESTION: In what film was that line spoken?)

I'm afraid I'll have to cite you for one count of giving erroneous grammatical advice. I must also cite you for one count of impersonating a Grammar Enforcement Officer.

Without admitting guilt, please sign your name on line #24; your court date is shown on the reverse of the citation. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
The ***Real*** Grammar Police....

(Düüüde! I'm JOKING!)