Ticket Needed For Rookie Game

If you're planning to watch the Caps' prospects take on the Flyers' youngsters on Sept. 18 at KCI, you're going to need a (free) ticket, which can be secured via the team's Web site.

From the team's release:

Since seating at Kettler Capitals Iceplex is limited there is a maximum of two tickets per person, and tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A ticket will gain fans admission to the game, but because of seating limitations it does not necessarily guarantee a seat.
Fans can begin to RSVP online on Thursday, Sept. 4, and will need to bring their printed confirmation with them to gain admission to the game.

Considering the number of fans who have attended past prospect scrimmages, you probably shouldn't delay in RSVP-ing.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  August 28, 2008; 11:39 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clark Hits The Ice At KCI
Next: Get Your Fix Next Week

Comments

Posted by: 1 | August 28, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

2nd!

Posted by: Jaymagz | August 28, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Good for you guys ... anyone know where online you RSVP? I've been browsing the site with no success.

Posted by: 8b4Ovie | August 28, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

It says you can START to RSVP on Sep 4th...

Posted by: 828 | August 28, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

"Fans can begin to RSVP online on Thursday, Sept. 4"

Posted by: Reading Comprehension | August 28, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I'll expect a full report from those who make it over. Some of us have to work...

On the bright side, my season tickets are arriving today! Woo!

I also ordered extra tix for both Pens games. Gotta keep out the mullet-headed riff-raff. Hopefully it'll sell out before public sale.

Posted by: Jill | August 28, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

OV broke his leg

I read it on the russian news website

Posted by: Anonymous | August 28, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Jill...

We all need to get extra's for the Pens games now!! Otherwise dont cry when you get surrounded by PA white trash.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 28, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Kudos to Ted, this season the PA white trash can't afford tickets to the now premium games

Posted by: O-V-P | August 28, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh and they have to buy tickets to other games if they want the premium tickets, and we all know that would totally wipe out their life savings

Posted by: O-V-P | August 28, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

By life savings, I assume you mean, welfare check.

Posted by: Bob | August 28, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Woohoo, my tickets just arrived about an hour ago. (That is all.)

Posted by: Greg | August 28, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Pretty much all the good games are premium games(nyr,philly,pens,sabers). This does two things. To get seats to those games you have to buy a package of tickets which makes TED more money and also it keeps the other fans out. They try to sell the game out before single tickets go onsale and thats when other fans come in. I'm all for it. There will still be a # of other fans because people sell there tickets but it won't be as bad as it was before.

Thanks TED.

Posted by: smartfan | August 28, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I think instead of saying "first", I think it should say "Chief is a moron" so that when we have new guests come thats the first thing they read so they don't think all of us are dorky, living with our parents, tree huggin, no hockey knowledge havin, dumb comment making racist like Chief.

Posted by: #94 | August 28, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I am going to toss an Octapus on the ice during this rookie game.

Posted by: Octapus | August 28, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I am gonna toss a Flyer fan on the ice before the rookie game.....

This will get your blood pumping.......Let it begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: #94 | August 28, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

94,

Well done with your Pens comments.

Posted by: Steve R | August 28, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Another great cut and paste job tarik.
You are the best. mua, mua, mua!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 28, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

For anyone interested in seeing what this year's season tix look like, I took a few snaps:

Posted by: Jill | August 28, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Thank you steve, that guy bothers me...

And Jill!!!!! you put up a picture of yourself, no all the weirdos are gonna see who you are!!!!!

Posted by: 94 | August 28, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for announcing that, 94.

Posted by: Jill | August 28, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Well I just wanted to let you know....How else was I supposed to tell you?

Posted by: #94 | August 28, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Jill,

On the past few caps reports they have said they will be streaming the game live for anyone who can't make it. Hopefully you have internet access at work

Posted by: capshockey98 | August 28, 2008 9:30 PM | Report abuse

94,

way to go!!!! that team has taken such a drop. Without Laraque to Police for crosby i wouldn't be suprised if he gets injured

Posted by: capshockey98 | August 28, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

W00t!!! I got my season tix today as well. Pretty nice package.

@Jill - thanks for posting pics - my camera sucks

/me smells the goodness of 41 glorious home games to enjoy this season

Posted by: migz | August 29, 2008 1:47 AM | Report abuse

94,

Loving your working on the Pittsburgh site.

Posted by: Dave UK Caps Fan | August 29, 2008 8:07 AM | Report abuse

Why would they show a picture of Crosby going down Poti and then name the article: 'Capitals Eager for Your Business'?

Posted by: 828 | August 29, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone go to Kettler to buy extra tickets outside of the season ticket?

A friend of mine wants to buy 10 tickets to five games through me..Can I take them over there and pay the caps directly under my account?

Posted by: SA-Town | August 29, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

@828, I also thought that of all of the pictures they could have shown of Crosby that one was an odd choice.

Funny how the Pens keep mentioning the Backstrom goal. Seems I remember a certain Penguins goalie's backside scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal :)

Posted by: Kim | August 29, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Looks like we will get a chance to vote for a Hockey Mom for VP.

Who says DC can't be a Hockey town.

Posted by: Rong Capsfan | August 29, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Tarik or anyone,

Hey any word if anyone is skating up at KCI today? I have today off and wanted to check out and see Jose.

The season ticket package that I received was very sweet looking. The all this does is get me ready for sept 25, even if it is preseason.

So if you know if they are practicing today and who will be up there that would be great.

Posted by: Phil9 | August 29, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Tarik or anyone,

Posted by: Phil9 | August 29, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Clark and Gordon were the only Caps to skate today. I'm at KCI and things are wrapping up.

Clark just told me, though, that almost half the team should be in town and skating by late next week. If you want to come out and watch, I would suggest getting here around 10. They went from 10-12 everyday this week.

Posted by: Tarik | August 29, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Tarik, any word on Halpern's injured knee?

Posted by: Mojito | August 29, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

We have a few Die Hard Caps fans down here in the Coaches old stoppn grounds Biloxi/Gulport Mississippi.Coach B guided the Mississippi Sea Wolves to a championship a few years ago.As we are still recovering from the worst natural disaster in American history three years prior, we are in awe of any approaching storm. Please just keep us in your thoughts as the week-end approaches. We need all the positive thoughts we can take.

Sorry if this offends anyone on a hockey blogg site ,requesting somehthing a bit off topic!

Capsfannmiss

Posted by: Help -w- Gustav | August 29, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

@ UK Dave

I have a question for you. Do you know how the football teams in the UK have firms? How does one start one for the Capitals?

@Mojito

WHO CARES? Sorry thats just the mean guy in me!!!

@Everyone especially the Caps fans in the Southeast:

We all hope you stay safe with Gustav coming. Keep us updated if you can and God Bless........

HEY JSCHON.....HOW ABOUT A PRAYER FOR OUR SOUTHEASTERN BRETHREN THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY THIS UPCOMING STORM???? It always helped before.

Posted by: The One and Only #94 | August 29, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Snooping around on ESPN.COM and found this article on coaches rankings. Here's Coach B's...

"The jury's still out ...
... or the first-time NHL head coaches who still have to show they can be productive in what passes in this sport for the long run.

Bruce Boudreau, Washington
What a story. Finally gets his chance after years of coaching in the minors and wins the Jack Adams Award. But after the newness wears off, can he prove it was indicative of a difference-making touch? "

Considering that he's working on next season's lines and preparing for the team to come for preseason workouts, I'm thinking this is no flash in the pan.

Posted by: Greg S. | August 29, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I would throw in some Reverse Psychology, but I feel like this is not the time nor the place.

Be Safe Cap Fans Down South - I believe you will be just fine. Please evacuate if the officials are asking you to.

Posted by: 828 | August 29, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Where exactly do you RSVP? I'm on the their website now and haven't seen anything obvious.

Posted by: Pat | September 4, 2008 7:20 AM | Report abuse