Today's lineup: Flames at Caps

Jose Theodore will start in goal this afternoon, while Mathieu Perreault has been recalled from Hershey and will skate for the Caps for the first time since an 18-game stint in November and December.

Perreault was called up to replace Brendan Morrison (lower body tweak). Boyd Gordon (back), Brooks Laich (face), Scott Walker (knee) and Shaone Morrisonn (wisdom teeth) are also out. Tyler Sloan, meantime, will be a healthy scratch.

So the lineup should look like this as the Caps attempt to clinch the first regular season Eastern Conference title in franchise history:

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Fleischmann-Belanger-Semin
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr
Laing-Steckel-Bradley

Defense
Schultz-Green
Poti-Corvo
Erskine-Carlson

Goalies
Theodore
Varlamov

I'll have more later.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 28, 2010; 1:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report: Caps-Pens to play at Heinz Field
Next: In-game chat: Caps vs. Flames

Comments

does anybody have the link to watch online?

Posted by: capsfan5252 | March 28, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I see that http://www.atdhe.net/ has it scheduled for 3pm eastern

Posted by: AZSportsJunkie | March 28, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Interesting that they put Perrault with Chimera and Fehr. Perrault is a great set-up man, but he doesn't really have anyone to set up, unless Chimera plays near the net and Fehr plays further out. It'll be nice to see Perrault back in though.

Posted by: timmyv38 | March 28, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

@ capsfan525:

I'm not that sure - however, have a look for yourself:

Go Caps!

...

... and I'm a little bit optimistic as my hometown team 1. FC Köln won yesterday
(4 : 1) ... this would also be a good result for the Caps ...

Two others are predicting a 4 : 1

... but a SO for ThreeNoMore would be nice, too

Go Caps!

Posted by: FCKoeln1 | March 28, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

@ FCKoeln1
Wow, those predictions remind me of what I often see here during some 1st periods.

Seriously, I love mini-me #85's speed & persistent attacking game. Best result: Ovie breaks out of his slump big-time with the help of his bf #19.

Posted by: AZSportsJunkie | March 28, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Excited to see Mini Ovi again!

Posted by: capscoach | March 28, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

I would love to see Semin, Belanger and Chimaer together. Very fast line, no one could catch them.

Posted by: RichC3 | March 28, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Versus is showing the Capitals game on Yahoo Sports.

Posted by: Cerealman | March 28, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Today, I'm assuming Walker is not back but if so put him in for Laing:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Knuble
Fleischmann-Belanger-Semin
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr
Laing-Steckel-Bradley

Schultz-Green
Poti-Corvo
Erskine-Carlson

Theo

Posted by: Sonyask | March 28, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I'll predict a win, and since I predicted the lines I'm optimistic.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 28, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

@capsfan5252

If atdhe.net doesn't work try justin.tv and scroll through the sports links.

Posted by: bob-candmore | March 28, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Woohoo,Perreault is back!!!

Posted by: capswench | March 28, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

@Sonyask:

Please could you be a little bit more specific ? ;-)

... e.g. goal difference or blowout vs. tigth game ...

Go Caps!

Posted by: FCKoeln1 | March 28, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

FCKoein1, I'm staying circumspect today. I'll settle for 2 pts.

So Yahoo has the full CSN home feed, for those of us who are out of town. Got to http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2010032823

Joe B and Locker -- everything but the HD.

Posted by: Sonyask | March 28, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse