Tonight's Lineup: Caps at 'Hawks

The Caps will look to improve to 2-0-0 in the preseason tonight at United Center, where they'll face the Blackhawks.

Here's the Caps' lineup:

Forwards
Giroux-Aucoin-A. Gordon
Laich-Wilson-Clark
Laing-Steckel-Bradley
Osala-Perreault-B. Gordon

Defense
Morrisonn-Green
Poti-Jurcina
Erskine-McNeill

Goalies
Neuvirth
Holtby

Two nights after the Caps pulled out an OT win in Buffalo, they could be in for a tough night as the 'Hawks open their exhibition season with what's expected to be a mostly NHL-roster.

Make sure to check back later for some postgame notes and quotes.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 19, 2009; 11:10 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Afternoon Reading: Laing Looks to Rebound
Next: Alzner Shows Another Side for Caps

Comments

first. be nice to see a big upset win by the prospects

Posted by: stabes_ | September 19, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Is tonight's game being broadcast anywhere?

Posted by: blaketus | September 19, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

A big test for Neuvirth on the road in a loud arena with most of their big guns in and most of ours out.

If he gives up a few, I don't think it'll hurt him much in anybody's eyes.

On the other hand, if he steps up big, he'll get heaps of deserved praise.

I'm guessing Chicago puts somewhere between 35 to 40 shots on goal tonight.

Posted by: tmac2yao | September 19, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

blaketus,

I believe the game will be on locally in Chicago so there may be streams available online.

Posted by: tmac2yao | September 19, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I am thinking an interesting line combo would be the scorer Giroux, the grinding wing Clark and the set up, Nylander. no speed on the line, but it has a chance to work. Might as well give him a shot to play to see if you can play/adjust. If not they he can be shown to other teams that might be interested. Nothing to lose by playing the guy.

Posted by: RichC3 | September 19, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Why doesn't Neuvy get to play the entire game?? Varly did...

Posted by: rachel216 | September 19, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

YES Huet is playing! This will actually be the FIRST time we play against him. This is gonna be good! But too bad our team most of our team isn't playing, and they'll have Kane and Toews.. anyway go Neuvyyyy

Posted by: rachel216 | September 19, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

More of a poll than a question: Any chance Nyls plays in the preseason?

Posted by: oldtimehockey | September 19, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

rachel216: Where did you see that Neuvy is not playing the entire game?

Posted by: icehammer97 | September 19, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it will be all that bad. We're fielding an NHL defense (I like Patty McNeill) and a great goalie. Can't wait for the game tonight, will post a stream if I find one!

Posted by: thiazzi | September 19, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

@RichC3 and Oldtimehockey

I like your idea of the 75 goal Alex, Nyls, and Clark...I also wonder what amount of time Nyls gets in the preseason.

My early prediction to have a great rebound year is Clark. Looked great in the games last week at Kettler. Snap is back to his shot and seems to be always smiling...welcome back Clarkie!

Posted by: ralCapsFan | September 19, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

On directv I'm showing it on channel 665 which I believe is the local comcast channel for Chicago. I'm in Colorado though so I'm not sure if it's the same channel in other areas.

Posted by: pokerfaceI208 | September 19, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

From previous:

Wonder if GMGM is making the trip to Chicago tomorrow? I hope nothing happens to set him off again and start going after Chicago GM's again! Of course maybe that's the reason Tallon was fired a bit ago. They knew they better get him outta there before GMGM shows up. He'll kick all their @ss'! LOL!

GMGM is our enforcer

Posted by: pokerfaceI208 | September 19, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

thiazzi-PLEASE do!! (if you find one) that would be so helpful... thanks

Posted by: rachel216 | September 19, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Obviously, the same lineup that I saw at today's morning skate. It's basically most of our "regular" defenders (sans Pothier and Schultz)and our grinders who are playing tonight.

I see Laing is replacing Laich on the third line from the playoffs (and observed that this morning).

I assume Neuvy (who I call the "new kid on the block" due to the first half of his name meaning "new") will be the goaltender tonight, with Holtby as his backup. Neuvy's looking a little less babyfaced than before.

I'll have no problem remembering Patrick McNeill's birthday. He's a St. Patty's Day baby.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | September 19, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Young Caps Players:

Keep your head up when traveling through the neutral zone. You don't want a concussion like Okposo in pre-season.

Posted by: richmondphil | September 19, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

game is supposed to be broadcast on 1500 AM

Posted by: Leeguru | September 19, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

oops! WTOP said that this AM, but I just checked the web and they are wrong

Posted by: Leeguru | September 19, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

So far sportstalkworld.com looks like the best bet I've found for a stream. You'll need to download sopcast in all likelihood as well.

Posted by: thiazzi | September 19, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

The Okposo hit was not the proudest moment for the Farnsworth clan.

The name "Phaneuf" was essentially a Frenchization of the name Farnsworth. Apparently, one of the Farnsworths (Matthias Farnsworth) was kidnapped by Indians and then rescued by French Canadians and the name became "Phaneuf".

Posted by: CapsFan75 | September 19, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Good luck to our grinders and defender lineup against the "real" Black Hawks. Let the "rock the Hawks", so to speak. "We will, we will rock you...."

Won't be listening to the game. Off to watch the Orioles.

Posted by: CapsFan75 | September 19, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

STREAMS HERE:

hopefully one of those 2 or 3 will be halfway decent (better than nothing in any event)

Posted by: pachanga74 | September 19, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU pachanga74!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 19, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

http://atdhe.net/ also has the game on thier list of feeds.

Posted by: icehammer97 | September 19, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the links!! Would LOVE to see an upset with the prospects! LETS GO CAPS!

Posted by: mrszilla | September 19, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

yes! that site works well, thanks icehammer97! All of you guys are so helpful. =)

Posted by: rachel216 | September 19, 2009 7:22 PM | Report abuse

its on 1500

Posted by: arcassells | September 19, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I've turned on 1500 on the radio (and through the Caps website). It's still on the Navy Pittsburgh game.

Posted by: miseaujeu | September 19, 2009 8:10 PM | Report abuse

@icehammer that link is awesome... caught some of the calgary game last night, siked i get to watch caps tonight

Posted by: sloozebury | September 19, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

It's the end of the third quarter in the Navy game (at 8:15). Wonder what will happen at 8:30?

Posted by: miseaujeu | September 19, 2009 8:17 PM | Report abuse

I guess I just got my answer -- Navy game moves to 1050 AM.

Posted by: miseaujeu | September 19, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

The third link on the site pachanga74 gave is working for me. The one on http://atdhe.net/ is just a test pattern.

Posted by: icehammer97 | September 19, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Sharp just scored on a rebound as Neuvy didn't see where the rebound went and Sharp but it in the empty net.

Posted by: icehammer97 | September 19, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Neuvy just made two or three good saves on the Chi PP

Posted by: icehammer97 | September 19, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse